You have contributed 0.0% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
umm-e-abdullah, abu mohammed, Yasin, abuzayd2k
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#1 [Permalink] Posted on 4th February 2017 16:51

I have to be honest, this came to me as a huge surprise. Shock even. I thought it was a joke at first but there are actually people alive today in the west, "educated" in the information of age of technology and science who seriously believe that the Earth is a flat disc.

I viewed some videos and found that majority are bible trolls who don't know anything about the bible. Because of this many are starting to believe that the flat earth theory is somehow a religious belief.

I've never come across anything in the Qur'aan or Hadeeth that remotely refers to any such thing. So please share here any works on this matter or replies to questions in this regard.

There's numerous scientistic proof of a globe Earth but I thought I'd share some things I found and also keep it here for reference.

Firstly, let me list some basic beliefs of Flat Earthers (yes that's what they call themselves)

1. The Earth a flat disc like a plate

2. The south pole is ALL around the edge with an ice wall that keeps the water inside

3. The plate is covered in a dome like a plate serving cover

4. The sun and moon is only 3000 miles above the flat disc and circles it and that it doesn't actually set below the horizon

5. The sun setting is an optical illusion and that it's actually disappearing beyond the line of sight

6. That the sun and moon is 32 miles in diamter.

7. The sun and moon is a flat disc and some believe it's a globe but the Earth is flat

8. Every NASA photo and video is a lie

9. There are no satelites and they're just made with video editing

There's so much more crazy stuff like this lol and every single one has been blown to shreds with simple oversable experiments and scientific facts and basic physics.

report post quote code quick quote reply
+2 -0Like x 1
UK
Brother
#2 [Permalink] Posted on 4th February 2017 17:55
No post ratings
UK
Brother
#3 [Permalink] Posted on 4th February 2017 18:13

Could you please explain these Quranic verse. Actually one Non Muslim asked me to explain these verses.
Quran 71:19 And Allah has made the earth for you as a carpet (spread out). 
Quran 78:6 Have We not made the earth as a wide expanse, What does it mean ?
Quran 15:19 And the earth We have spread out (like a carpet); set thereon mountains firm and immovable; and produced therein all kinds of things in due balance. 
Does it mean that Earth is flat? Tafsir Jalalayn says that EARTH is flat. But it is against Established Science.

Answer:

Praise be to Allah

Firstly: 

The scholars are unanimously agreed that the earth is round, but to human eyes it appears to be flat, because it is very big and its roundness or curvature cannot be seen at close distances. So the one who stands and looks sees it as flat, but when viewed as a whole, in reality it is round. 

Quote:

Ibn Hazm (may Allah have mercy on him) said: 

The proofs of the Qur’an and Sunnah indicate that it is round. End quote. 

See also the answers to questions no. 201530 and 118698 

Secondly: 

The verse (interpretation of the meaning) “And Allah has made for you the earth wide spread (an expanse)” [Nooh 71:19] indicates that it is spread out and shaped so that people can feel settled in it and be able to live and prosper in it. Ibn Katheer said: 

Quote:
That is, He spread it out, prepared it, made it stable and made it firm by means of the mountains.

Tafseer Ibn Katheer, 8/247 

Similarly, the verse (interpretation of the meaning) “Have We not made the earth as a bed” [an-Naba’ 78:6] means that it is spread out and prepared for you and for your benefit, so that you can cultivate it, build dwellings in it and travel through it. 

Ibn Katheer said:

Quote:
That is, it is prepared for people in such a way that they can live in it, and it is firm, stable and steady. 

Tafseer Ibn Katheer, 8/307 

And the verse (interpretation of the meaning) “And the earth We spread out, and placed therein firm mountains, and caused to grow therein all kinds of things in due proportion” [al-Hijr 15:19] means We spread it out and placed firm mountains therein. This is like the verse in which Allah says (interpretation of the meaning): “And it is He Who spread out the earth, and placed therein firm mountains and rivers” [ar-Ra‘d 13:3]. 

There is no contradiction between saying that it is round and saying that it was spread out, because in fact in its totality it is round, but to the one who stands on it and looks at it, it appears flat, as it appears to everyone. 

Ar-Raazi (may Allah have mercy on him) said: 

Quote:
If it is said: Do the words “And the earth We spread out” indicate that it is flat? 

We would respond: Yes, because the earth, even though it is round, is an enormous sphere, and each little part of this enormous sphere, when it is looked at, appears to be flat. As that is the case, this will dispel what they mentioned of confusion. The evidence for that is the verse in which Allah, may He be exalted, says (interpretation of the meaning): “And the mountains as pegs” [an-Naba’ 78:7]. He called them awtaad (pegs) even though these mountains may have large flat surfaces. And the same is true in this case.

Read full answer

+5 -0Like x 3
UK
Brother
#4 [Permalink] Posted on 14th February 2019 14:49
Muslims are also falling for this also.

After speaking to one or two in doubts it was evident that it was due to paranoia. The constant fear and doubt that they're being lied to.

Some are claiming that the flat earth movement is supported by NASA as well to discredit those who believe the moon landings were fake by associating the claim with flat earth believers. It's actually very effective if this is true.

I then came across an article where a Muslim who has fallen for this is trying to use the Qur'aan to prove his flat earth delusions. And truly that's all they are, delusions. Every imaginable evidence says the Earth is a sphere. And photos of the full Earth is NOT evidence but all the other data.

Flat Earth is tightly associated with Christians who have turned back to bible but never actually read it and believe the Earth is flat because Jesus said it is. I actually asked some of them to show me the verse where it actually says it's flat and they couldn't produce it. So while this topic does feel like a joke at times, it is to do with the creation of Allah سبحانه وتعالى and to fault it and lower it's magnificence could be dangerous.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#5 [Permalink] Posted on 15th February 2019 01:02
Yasin wrote:
View original post

What about the earth being stationary?
What do the ulema say about it? I have heard that there is an Ijma of traditional scholars over this.

And what about the Light of the moon?
Almost all scholars today call the light "Borrowed" or "Taken"
What about the scholars of the past...?
Blocked from replying in this thread.
+1 -0
UK
Brother
#6 [Permalink] Posted on 15th February 2019 02:15
What about the earth being stationary?

The Qur'aan mentions the moon and the sun floating in their own orbits. But nothing about what they orbit so there's nothing as far as I am aware of Earth being stationary..

Loading Qur'aan Verse

Quote:
What do the ulema say about it? I have heard that there is an Ijma of traditional scholars over this.

I'm not aware of any past fundamental beliefs on this. Plenty of opinions/theories based on the verse of the sun orbiting as it does have its own orbit as we believe today but the Qur'aan did not say it orbits the earth making the earth by that understanding, stationary. So yes it's very possible past scholars and maybe some today as well who may say the Earth is stationary but that's not evident from the Qur'aan.

Quote:
And what about the Light of the moon?
Almost all scholars today call the light "Borrowed" or "Taken"
What about the scholars of the past...?

Everyone is unanimous that the sun emits its own light and the moon reflects it based on the verse as the sun is referred to as Lamp and the moon "Muneer" as in illuminated.

Loading Qur'aan Verse
+2 -0Like x 2
Rank Image
London
Brother
#7 [Permalink] Posted on 15th February 2019 10:23

saa10245 wrote:
View original post

SOURCE: What is Tawaf and Why?

21:33

"And He it is Who created the night and the day, and the sun and the moon, each in an orbit floating." (Al-Anbiya, 21: 33)

This glorious verse refers to a scientific fact concerning the system of the universe. Scientific discoveries have proved that we live in a huge universe that depends on revolution.

The earth revolves round the sun once a year, the moon revolves around the earth once per lunar month, and the other planets of the solar system also revolve round the sun, each in its own orbit. Besides, most of these planets have moons that revolve around them, each, also in its own orbit. Astronomers have discovered more than 60 of these moons so far.

The solar system, likewise, orbits a center of our galaxy, the Milky Way. This galaxy consists of more than 130 billion stars. Galaxies, in turn, revolve round a center that only Almighty Allah knows.

The law of revolution applies also to atoms, the smallest units of elements that cannot be seen even by microscopes. An atom is composed of a nucleus whose diameter is less than a millionth of a millimeter. An atom is surrounded by electrons that move round the atom in an orbit.

Since all matter in the universe-whether solid, liquid, or gaseous consists of atoms, this means that the law of revolution applies to everything: stars, planets, moons, animals, plants, sand, seas, air, and so on.

This includes cells as well. The cytoplasm in the cell moves around the nucleus.
There is a common factor between the orbital movements of all the objects referred to above, this is, and their revolution is anti-clockwise.

No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#8 [Permalink] Posted on 16th February 2019 09:51
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

Lol. You realise you linked to hardcore punk?
+0 -0Optimistic x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#9 [Permalink] Posted on 19th February 2019 07:32
One question that confuses me:

If the earth is spinning at such a fast speed, why is it that when we jump into the air, we land back at exactly the same place. If the earth is spinning this fast, it should have moved on a little without us whilst we are in the air shouldn't it?

We can stay mid air for hours high in the atmosphere above the mountains, and we'd still land back in the same spot. Why hasn't the earth spun on without us?

+2 -0Like x 1Creative x 1Facepalm x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#10 [Permalink] Posted on 19th February 2019 08:01
Ryder wrote:
View original post

It spins so fast that by the time you land back after a jump, it has already completed one circle and it is back at the place that you started from. ;)
+3 -0Like x 1Creative x 2
Rank Image
India
Brother
#11 [Permalink] Posted on 19th February 2019 08:09
Ryder wrote:
View original post

Good question
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#12 [Permalink] Posted on 19th February 2019 08:16
Ryder wrote:
View original post

If you are travelling forwards in a car and you throw a ball in the air inside the car, what happens? Does the car continue forwards without the ball, i.e does the ball fly out through the back window or does the ball also propel forwards with the momentum of the car?

If you are travelling forwards in a car and you throw a ball in the air outside the car, what happens? Does the car continue forwards without the ball, i.e does the ball fly pass the back window or does the ball also propel forwards with the momentum of the car?
+1 -0Like x 1Agree x 1
UK
Brother
#13 [Permalink] Posted on 19th February 2019 09:47
saa10245 wrote:
View original post

Question:
Brother, please define the term "Convulsing"

You reply with:
I agree

If you don't answer this then everything else you raise is futile as it's based on something that's unclear to begin with.
+0 -0Agree x 1
UK
Brother
#14 [Permalink] Posted on 19th February 2019 10:00
Ryder wrote:
View original post

The atmosphere. You already answered your own question. The atmosphere is moving with the Earth. It's not independent.

Also, flat Earth believers tend to go on about spinning ball as if we should fly off. Try this, get a tennis ball, and start spinning it at a speed that it takes 24 hours (that's 1,440 minutes) to do just a single rotation. It really isn't spinning fast at all as much as it's moving proportionately to the sheer size of the planet.

And if you're not familiar with physics and wonder why it's going around 1000mph at the equator then after rotating a tennis ball once in 24 hours, do the same on a football. The outer side has to cover more distance so it's always faster than the inside even on a wheel. Now multiply that football by the size of the Earth.
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#15 [Permalink] Posted on 19th February 2019 10:12
Ryder wrote:
View original post

Quote:
Fastest plane:
According to , the record fastest speed for an airplane is 2,193 mph (according to the "Guinness Book of World Records", 1989. New York: Bantam, 1989: 204.) or 4,520 mph (according to the "World Book Encyclopedia", New York: World Book, 1996: 208.). These are of course not normal passenger planes. Every type of plane flies at a different speed. A commercial Boeing 747 has a cruising speed of about 550-600 mph.

Quote:

An everyday normal type of fly:
They manage just 7km/hr – a brisk walking pace. They seem faster because they are very acrobatic and hard to catch. The fastest flying insects are dragonflies, with a top speed of 56km/hr (35mph).

Brother, if a plane was flying at such speeds and a fly was stuck inside that plane, would the fly splat against the back of the plane or would it still be able to fly at its normal speed of 7km/hr and move at speeds going forward with the plane. Does that mean that the fly is now flying at 100's of km/hr? No.

It's to do with gravity. We are all inside the same gravitational pull. Imagine an invisible super glue No, not the OP ;) it's pulling/sticking everything towards the earth/ground. This super glue is in the air too holding everything in place, that's why, anything you throw up towards the sky, it still comes back down. Once we are out of this sticky area (in space) there is no gravity, so things just float around. Since these fast planes and slow fly's are inside the same atmosphere and within the same gravitational pull, as the plane moves forward, anything in it moves forward with it too. Hope that makes sense.

See Newtons theory of Gravity.

No post ratings

Quick Reply

CAPTCHA - As you are a guest, you are required to answer the following:

In the above image: What letters are in the word in blue?