Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open

Whatsapp chain messages!

You have contributed 12.5% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
To appreciate this topic, click 'Appreciate Topic' on the right.
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#1 [Permalink] Posted on 18th May 2019 22:04
You get alot of religious chain messages mentioning loads of rewards (Thawab) for forwarding them here is one of these.

I received the following alleged Hadith on Whatsapp...It did not seem quite right and seemed to diminish the greatness of Musa (Alayhis Salaam) so i checked and found the following Question/answer regarding it.

Question - 124410
Du’a (supplication) at the the time of iftar (breaking fast) - A most beautiful hadeeth: Once Moosa (Moses) (peace be upon him) asked Allah Ta’ala: O Allah ! You have granted me the honor and privilege of talking to you directly, have you given this privilege to any other person? Allah Ta’ala replied, O Moosa during the last period I am going to send an ummah (nation), who will be the ummah of Muhammad with dry lips, parched tongues, emaciated body with eyes sunken deep into their sockets, with livers dry and stomachs suffering the pangs of hunger- will call out to me (in du’a) they will be much much closer to me than you O Moosa! While you speak to me there are 70,000 veils between you and me but at the time of iftar there will not be a single veil between Me and the fasting from the Ummah of Muhammad.
Please confirm the authenticity of this ... it’s being spread on the Internet.
report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#2 [Permalink] Posted on 18th May 2019 22:06
Praise be to Allah

This hadeeth (report) is not part of the Prophet’s (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) Sunnah (teachings), and it is not something that is known to the scholars and muhaddithoon (scholars of hadeeth) in their books and Musnads. It is not narrated except in a few books whose authors filled them with fabricated reports, false reports, stories and myths, such as Nuzhat al-Majalis wa Muntakhab al-Nafa’is, by the historian and man of letters ‘Abd al-Rahman ibn ‘Abd al-Salam al-Safoori (d. 894 AH) – pp. 182-183, Chapter on the virtue of Ramadan and encouragement to do good deeds therein. It also appears in the tafseer Rooh al-Bayan (8/112) by Isma’eel Haqqi al-Hanafi al-Khalooti (d. 1127 AH). They mentioned a hadeeth similar to the one referred to by the questioner, in which it says: “Moosa (peace be upon him) said: ‘O Lord, You have honoured me by speaking to me directly. Will You give anyone else something like this?’ And Allah revealed: ‘O Moosa, I have slaves whom I will bring forth at the end of time, and I will honour them with the month of Ramadan, and I will be closer to one of them than to you, because you have spoken to Me when there are 70,000 veils between Me and you, but when the ummah of Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) fasts until their lips turn white and their faces turn yellow, I will lift the veil between Me and them at the time they break their fast. O Moosa, glad tidings to the one whose liver thirsts and whose stomach hungers in Ramadan.”

Moreover, in the matn (text) of this hadeeth there is something which indicates that it is munkar (i.e., unsound), which is the words “I will be closer to one of them than you” – referring to Moosa (peace be upon him). It is well known in Muslim beliefs that the Messengers and Prophets are better than all other humans, and Moosa (peace be upon him) is one of the Messengers of strong will, so how can Allah be closer to His slaves than to His Prophet Moosa (peace be upon him), of whom He said (interpretation of the meaning): “And We called him from the right side of the Mount, and made him draw near to Us for a talk with him” [Maryam 19:52]? And Ibn ‘Abbas (may Allah be pleased with him) said: He drew so close that he heard the scratching of the Pen – i.e., writing the Tawrat (Torah). See: Tafseer al-Quran il-‘Azeem by al-Hafiz Ibn Katheer (5/237).

To sum up: The hadeeth mentioned is not in any of the reliable books, so it is not permissible to attribute it to the Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) or to believe what it says.

And Allah knows best.
+2 -0
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#3 [Permalink] Posted on 18th May 2019 22:08
No post ratings
UK
Brother
#4 [Permalink] Posted on 18th May 2019 22:11
Abdur Rahman ibn Awf wrote:
View original post

Salam, each thing in this category should be posted as a new thread. I've split the posts for you, can you update the first post? Jzk
No post ratings
Rank Image
USA
Brother
#5 [Permalink] Posted on 29th January 2020 08:12
I've never received a chain letter, email or text that doesn't have some sort of ulterior motive.
Most of the ones I've seen, simply spread disinformation, others ask for money or whatever.

I think it would be safe to say never believe in any type of "chain mail" you receive. Always verify the contents. (Or like me, simply discard it, when you recognize it, and don't bother reading it.)
+0 -0Agree x 2
Rank Image
London
Brother
#6 [Permalink] Posted on 29th January 2020 08:27
+1 -0
Rank Image
USA
Brother
#7 [Permalink] Posted on 29th January 2020 08:30
abu mohammed wrote:
View original post
I've read those before, and agree.

No post ratings
#8 [Permalink] Posted on 29th January 2020 08:36
Only a small percentage of messages are really beneficial to the reader. Rest are of no use. Unnecessary create headache; I mean, if the message would not have reached the reader it wouldn't have affected him, but since the message reached him, he is unnecessarily affected. And he can't do anything.

And loads of ahadith, comments reach the reader, he never remembers even one of them. Read and forward is the only action.

Even in Haram, instead of praying or staying in mutaaf, or during stay jamaath we have seen even most pious are stuck with Whatsapp messages. I even hear the muqarrireen quoting the recently received messages.

Whatsapp messages are disturbing the health. I had subscribed to many groups, slowly I block them all, getting nice sleep now.
+0 -0Like x 3Agree x 1

Quick Reply

CAPTCHA - As you are a guest, you are required to answer the following:

In the above image: What is the word in green?