Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open

Google Chrome Issues

You have contributed 0.0% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
To appreciate this topic, click 'Appreciate Topic' on the right.
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#1 [Permalink] Posted on 17th April 2019 19:03
I use Google chrome as my main browser for my mobile phone. For the past couple of days I have not been able to open new tabs on the chrome browser. It's a bit annoying when I want to open a new tab but still reading the current one. More so with Muftisays as I usually scroll through the posts and the ones I want to read I will open a new tab, however this function has stopped working. Furthermore I am unable to copy and paste on Google chrome. Anybody know what's wrong and how I can resolve the issue. 
report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#2 [Permalink] Posted on 17th April 2019 20:07
Malak wrote:
View original post

I'm using Google Chrome on my mobile to test for you and I've just tested what you're experiencing.

No issues found. I can open a new tab go back to the original page etc etc.

Testing copy and paste.
Quote:
use Google chrome as my main browser for my mobile phone. For the past couple of days I have not been able to open new tabs on the chrome browser. It's a bit annoying when I want to open a new tab but still reading the current one. More so with Muftisays as I usually scroll through the posts and the ones I want to read I will open a new tab, however this function has stopped working. Furthermore I am unable to copy and paste on Google chrome. Anybody know what's wrong and how I can resolve the issue.

Working fine.

Which mobile are you using? Windows, Apple, Android, BlackBerry?

Have you updated your Chrome?

Also, some browsers have an option to open new tab in the background or open immediately, you'd then have to go back to the first page.
No post ratings
UK
Brother
#3 [Permalink] Posted on 17th April 2019 20:41
It could be a bug/conflict or the new tab page might have issues but if you don't resolve or find the issue, try clearing the cache/data

Go to the Settings > Apps > Find Chrome and click it

First try "Force Stop" and try chrome to see if it's sorted.

Then again "Force Stop" and clear the Cache only and see if it works.

Then finally, "Force Stop" clear cache and clear data (this will get rid of history/passwords saved etc.) - I think

On Android I find this usually fixes almost all issues with every app.
+1 -0Winner x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#4 [Permalink] Posted on 17th April 2019 22:54
Yasin wrote:
View original post

Jazakallahu Khairan. This worked after I clicked on Force Stop. I didn't have to clear the cache.
It's an Android phone.
No post ratings