Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open

How many ulema to listen!

Jump to page:

You have contributed 1.1% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
To appreciate this topic, click 'Appreciate Topic' on the right.
Rank Image
MARS
Brother
#16 [Permalink] Posted on 7th October 2015 15:09
Go to the Masjid, ask the Ulama, listen to lectures, read books and learn from authentic scholars. ...

Brother this is what I asked. Is Mufti Zar wali Khan enough for Duroos of Quran... Is sticking to his lectures in Quran and Seerah enough...?
report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#17 [Permalink] Posted on 7th October 2015 15:18
sipraomer wrote:
View original post

learn from authentic scholars. This is the important message.

With regards to specific Ulama, I'm sure the others can help on that.
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#18 [Permalink] Posted on 7th October 2015 15:20
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#19 [Permalink] Posted on 7th October 2015 15:35
sipraomer wrote:
View original post

I think what is important as Brother Abu Muhammad has mentioned, is that you listen to authentic Scholars, sometimes Scholars will speak on the same topic, but convey it in a different manner. For example you could listen to 10 different speakers, on the topic of shukr, but only one of them will speak in a manner that appeals to your heart and inspires you to act.

As for Dars on Tafseer and different speakers check out the following links Insha'Allah....!

www.sunniforum.com/forum/showthread.php?16342-Lectures-on...

www.sunniforum.com/forum/showthread.php?92217-Collecting-...

+0 -0Agree x 2
Rank Image
MARS
Brother
#20 [Permalink] Posted on 7th October 2015 16:34
Brother Abdur Rahman and Abu Muhammad, I love you both for the sake of Allah. You are helpful and kind and you have directed me to the right direction...Jazak Allah Khair. Shukran...
+2 -0Like x 2Ameen x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#21 [Permalink] Posted on 7th October 2015 16:49
sipraomer wrote:
View original post

Are you studying darasaat e deenya or you have left it??
No post ratings
Rank Image
MARS
Brother
#22 [Permalink] Posted on 7th October 2015 16:54
Abdullah1 wrote:
View original post

Brother I am going to start it in 2016 Insha Allah. For now I am a bit busy...
+1 -0Like x 1
UK
Brother
#23 [Permalink] Posted on 7th October 2015 17:04
sipraomer wrote:
View original post

May Allah accept and help you prosper. Remember to dedicate time and not fit studies in your schedule. give it priority and you'll feel the blessings inshaAllah. Aameen
Posted via the Muftisays Android App
+0 -0Agree x 2Ameen x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#24 [Permalink] Posted on 7th October 2015 17:54
Salam

May Allah bless you in this journey, you have a few more options and I'm surprised no one here has mentioned it unless I missed it somewhere.

Listening to online lectures/speakers is good and can have a positive impact on one and can be life changing no doubt, but later on it can be negative as well in the sense that you'll have a lot of knowledge in regards to various topics but that knowledge will be scattered. So to give it structure and crecedence I would recommend a proper structured course taught by a legitamate ustaadh/Alim who has an isnad all the way back to Rasoolalah (saw) some ustaadhs will even pass this chain on after you have succesfully completed your studies/courses, however it will vary from course to course as each course is structured differently.

I will list some options for you Insha'Ala, many are free options and some are not, and you can also donate if you wish, and if you can't afford it, do email them telling them of your circumstances then I'm sure they will be considerate. So Insha'Ala there are many doors open for the seeker, just the seeker has to be sincere and truthful and willing to learn.

1) www.ilmhub.com/
This is run by Mufti Abu Hajira and a few other Ulema, site is also affiliated to this site and you've probably seen their sub-forum and advertisements on here already, a few brothers from this forum are also involved in the running of the courses. There are a number of courses availavle right now, some have already interested, however it won't be to hard to catch up if you're really interested. You have a few options from basic hanafi fiqh to arabic, aqeedah, spirituality etc

2) rayyaninstitute.com/
Another good website which has free courses for the moment, and a range of courses on different subjects to offer so check it out.

3) www.darululoomonline.org/index.php/about-us/introduction
Another option.

4) www.zamzamacademy.com/
This is run solely by Mufti Abdur Rahman Manghera and all his lectures usually go up here or on their youtube channel, a very knowledgeable teacher, who has plenty of free lectures on his website so you can benefit from that.

5) www.ilmessentials.com/
Another good website and a lot of people rate and speak highly of Shaykh Khalid Abdul Sattar

6) www.tazkiyahacademy.org/
This is affiliated with Mufti Kamaluddin and his team are currently running the alim course in english, next in take will be for January 2016 for those who are interested, last one/two years will have to be done in madrassah though in person, nonetheless a solid option anyway. The site also contains plenty of Mufti saheb's lectures who is also a khalifa of shaykh Zulfiqar Naqshbandi

7) emahad.com/
Another online Alim course run under the supervision of Shaykh Zulfiqar, however this is in Urdu. So brother who would like to benefit in urdu then this a option for you.

8) cordobaacademy.com/
This is run by Shaykh Mohammad Daniel alongside with other ustaadhs, very knowledgeable and has a very high isnaad, covers a variety of texts and are always running some kind of course, however it is usually more advanced stuff. Another very good option also at the end of the course one also recieves ijaazah.

Online Programs for the sisters

Some of the above do cater for sisters as well, however here are two which focus on the alimiyyah side for sisters
www.zaynabacademyonline.org/academy/
maryaminstitute.org/

There are many other options as well, but for now that's all I can think of, hope it helps. All above institutions are legit and follow the Deobandi school/principles.
+3 -0Like x 3Agree x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#25 [Permalink] Posted on 7th October 2015 18:15
Asalamu alaikum

If you want to listen to in depth ilmi talks then I recommend Shaykh Riyadh ul Haqq he has many talks on tafseer hadeeth & general talks.
akacademy.org/lectures/
+2 -0Like x 2Agree x 1
Rank Image
MARS
Brother
#26 [Permalink] Posted on 8th October 2015 04:44
Abdullah bin Mubarak wrote:
View original post

Asalam o Alaikum,

Brother I don't know but ilmhub is making my avast shield warn me of malicious activity...
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#27 [Permalink] Posted on 8th October 2015 06:13
I don't know but some of us here are taking it too far here. This newcomer has posed a question and alongside made some observations (I am not saying that they are right) which we all make but we are attacking him left right and centre for it. Why are we always on defence mode? It would have been nice to answer his question and maybe gently rebuked him for said observations.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#28 [Permalink] Posted on 8th October 2015 06:28
My own thoughts on this:
1. If you can't study, as most of us can't; then the next best option are bayaanaat.
2. At least take time out to learn the basic faraaidh with your local scholar.
3. Yes, Mufti Zarwali Khan's tafseer is good.
4. I second the opinion of listening to Shaykh Riyaadh.
5. It seems as if your worried about differences, don't be, it mainly doesn't concern you as you're not a scholar. Just aim to be a good Muslim and do good unto others.
6.Don't become obsessed with knowledge only so much so that you forget your spirituality. It's important to keep a balance. Take time out for tilawat also, help out your community ect; which is acting upon th eknowledge you have learnt.
7. Don't limit yourself to the internet/self-study (which is the cause of extremism), keep in touch with your local scholars and fellow Muslims at the Masjid.
+0 -0Agree x 1
Rank Image
Pakistan
Brother
#29 [Permalink] Posted on 8th October 2015 06:57
sipraomer wrote:
View original post

Wa alaykum us salam.

MashaAllah you are a new comer, and you want to learn deen, and may Allah (SWT) help you, ameen. But your attitude needs some fine tuning.

Again without knowing the details of the Lal Masjid issue, you blame Hazrat Mufti Rafi Usmani (DB) for a wrong fatwa. And then you say that you won't follow the footsteps of Bani Israel, since they idolized their ulema, which is a ridiculous analogy. Alhamdolillah, following the Akabireen of Deoband and showing love for them is one thing, and comparing that to Bani Israel who idolized their ulema, even if their ulema termed the Haraam stuff Halaal, is just ridiculous.

You basically seem to be a jihad obsessed guy, with leaning towards emotional filled jihadi speeches, as seems obvious from the Jundullah video you posted. However, these guys are for sure misguided, if not Khawarij. And it shows in your mentality too.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#30 [Permalink] Posted on 8th October 2015 07:09
^^^ Beautuful way to put someone off the Deen Maulana and a pity that hikmah/wisdom isn't taught, disappointed to read such comments from you.
No post ratings

Jump to page: