Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open

Question Re: Constant blood/pus breaking wudhu.

You have contributed 0.0% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
To appreciate this topic, click 'Appreciate Topic' on the right.
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#1 [Permalink] Posted on 4th February 2020 23:25

Salaam

Need a quick answer please. The affected person is going for umrah tomorrow early morning. 

The person has a chronic skin condition where the body has a lot of boils throughout. The boils constantly leak blood and pus. There are too many and cannot be individually covered. 

1. What to do about wudhu in this situation?

2. What to do about stained clothing in this situation.  

The person is female and would like to know the hanafi position. 

report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#2 [Permalink] Posted on 5th February 2020 08:28
Q: If a very small amount of blood or pus comes out (and was removed) from a wound or cut, will wudhu break?

bismillah.jpg

A: If it does not surpass the area of the wound on it’s own and was removed through dabbing it or wiping it with a tissue etc, then the wudhu will not break. However if blood continued coming out and one continued to dab it and one feels that if one had not dabbed the wound the blood or pus would have surpassed the area of the wound, then in this case the wudhu will break.

And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.

Answered by:

Mufti Zakaria Makada

islamqa.org/hanafi/muftionline/95621
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#3 [Permalink] Posted on 5th February 2020 08:31
Water mixed with blood comes out of the wound
September 20, 2013 Taharah [221]
Fatwa ID: 01409

Answered by Mufti Abdullah al-Ma’mun

Question:

I would like to ask a question with regards to the validity of my salaah. Whilst preparing some food, and just before maghrib I had cut my finger so I decided that I will wait till I stop bleeding to pray. After a while I felt that my finger had stopped bleeding and to ensure I didn't miss my salaah before the time had passed, I performed wudhu and prayed. However, after I finished the fardh I had realised that from the wound a small drop of water mixed with blood had come out of the wound, therefore is my salaah valid or will I have to pray it again. Jazaakallah Khair

Answer:

Bismillah

In the name of Allah, the most Beneficent, the most Merciful.

In the afore-mentioned if the quantity of the blood is such that it emerged and moved from its place, then your wudhu will be deemed void resulting also, in your salah to be invalid. Hence, your salah will have to be repeated.

However, blood or pus which oozes to the surface of a wound and congeals without flowing out over the surface will not break wudhu; in this case your salah will be valid.

It is mentioned in Beheshti Zewar:
"If a person is inflicted by a wound and blood or pus starts seeping out of it, then his/her wudhu is broken. However, if the blood or pus remains in its place and does not surpass the opening of the wound then the wudhu is not broken. Therefore, if anyone has pricked themselves with a pin and blood came out but didn’t flow then the wudhu is not broken. On the other hand if it flows for even a tiny proportion, the wudhu will break."
(Beheshti Zewar [urdu] vol:1 pg:70, Nur al-Idhah pg:69)

Only Allah Knows Best

Written by Mufti Abdullah al-Ma’mun
Checked and approved by Mufti Mohammed Tosir Miah
Darul Ifta Birmingham

daruliftabirmingham.co.uk/water-mixed-with-blood-comes-ou...
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#4 [Permalink] Posted on 5th February 2020 08:39
Q: I have made intention to do haj this year but have a health problem - I experience small discharge/drops of urine after passing water which is slow and can happen anything up two hours after passing water. This means I am usually not in a state of wuzu until this has ceased. I am not sure how I can do Ihram and be clean and be in a state of wuzu when required during hajj. Is it possible for me to go to hajj with this condition?

A:
In the name of Allah, Most Compassionate, Most Merciful.

In the books of Islamic Jurisprudence an individual is classed as a mazur (excused) if the excuse remains and covers the whole period of a fard salah time. During this period the excuse does not stop for even a small duration in where one is able to perform ablution and offer salah. If it did stop, then one would not be classed as a mazur. This includes where the excuse could be termed as to be continuous constructively, in that it stops for a short period but insufficient to enable the person to perform abulution and offer salah. The condition for one to remain a mazur is that the excuse occurs at least once in the times of each of the subsequent prayer times. (Durrul Mukhtar, Vol1, P223)

The ruling with regards to a mazur is that the individual must perform abulution for each salah time, and with that abulution the individual may carry out all the various prayers and worships. When the time of the prayer exits, abulution will become invalid and it will be necessary to renew the abulution. (Durrul Mukhtar, Vol1, P223)

From the above it is clear that if the above conditions are met in your situation, i.e the drops are continuous and covers the whole period of a salah time and during this period it did not stop even for a short period of time in which abulution and salah could be performed, then you will be classed as mazur. If the problem did seize for a period when you could perform abulution and offer salah then you will not be classed a mazur.

In conclusion this condition will not prevent a person from performing acts of worship i.e. salah and Hajj as if you are termed as a mazur then you can perform abulution and carry on with the rituals of Hajj till the next salah time where new abulution will need to be performed.

And Allah knows best

Sayeedur Rahman

Darul Ifta Birmingham
islamqa.org/hanafi/daruliftaa-birmingham/19962
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#5 [Permalink] Posted on 5th February 2020 12:50

و عليكم السلام

The individual will clean their clothes and make wudu at the starting time of each Salah. This wudu and clothing will be valid till that Salah time ends regardless of the flowing blood/pus.

When the time for the next Salah starts, they will have to repeat their wudu and clean their clothes again.

Mufti Salik Ahmad t.me/markazalifta/10877
No post ratings