Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
bigbrand
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#1 [Permalink] Posted on 29th January 2020 20:40
Asalam Alaykum

I want to hear input regarding the issue of a Muslim man marrying a Christian woman. I want to discuss something very specific about this topic, which I will come to later. I first want to mention a few points to show that I am aware of them and that discussion on those points is not what I'm focusing on.

1) A Muslim man's Nikah with a Christian or Jewish woman is valid although disliked.

2) I am discussing Christian women, and not Jewish because usually marriages occur with Christian women in Western countries.

3) For a woman to be considered Christian, she has to have some basic Christian beliefs which Ulama have outlined. Not getting into that here.

4) Most women in the West are actually not Christian in terms of what is required for Nikah. I am not referring to them.

5) A Muslim man must ensure that his kids adopt Islam and not the religion of the mother i.e Christianity.

6) Some Christian women become Muslim at the time of marriage.Not talking about them either.

Now coming to my main point of discussion;

Do you know of any instances where a Muslim man has married a Christian woman AND the man practices his Deen (to the extent that is the norm at least such as praying,fasting) and the woman practices(or does not practice) Christianity but their relationship is good and smooth AND the kids are growing up as Muslims.

Please share anything if you have.

I do realize that the members on this forum are very Deen conscious masha'Allah and would have high standards regarding practicing Islam and as such may strongly oppose the idea of marrying a Christian woman, or for that matter you people may consider the man who just prays and fasts as not practicing.
I am talking in general terms here though.

And no, I am not marrying a Christian woman lol.
report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#2 [Permalink] Posted on 29th January 2020 21:24
This post has been reported. It could be due to breaking rules or something as simple as bad use of bbcodes which breaks the page format. We will attend to this soon.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#3 [Permalink] Posted on 29th January 2020 21:27
This post has been reported. It could be due to breaking rules or something as simple as bad use of bbcodes which breaks the page format. We will attend to this soon.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#4 [Permalink] Posted on 29th January 2020 21:28
+0 -0Optimistic x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#5 [Permalink] Posted on 29th January 2020 21:31
So OP is basically asking can an average Muslim and Christian maintain their married relationship while following their respective religions?
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#6 [Permalink] Posted on 29th January 2020 21:33
Please always post in the correct section. Categories are there for a reason and posting too many times in the wrong section increases our work to move it to the correct section. Doing this often could enable temporary restrictions on starting new topics.
No post ratings
UK
Brother
#7 [Permalink] Posted on 29th January 2020 21:42
Moved to Q&A support. Please check the rules of this category before posting. No discussion. Please only share available answers from Ulamaa. Jzk
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#8 [Permalink] Posted on 29th January 2020 22:00
Yasin wrote:
View original post

Maulana Yasin sahab,

I apologize if I posted the thread in the wrong section.

But if you look closely, I am not asking any question related to Fiqh. I am simply asking members to share their anecdotal/observation and experience.

I have clearly mentioned that I am aware of the Fiqhi aspect of this topic and am not inviting discussion on that angle.

If you consider appropriate, please move the thread back to where it was posted originally so that members can share their experiences.
+1 -0
UK
Brother
#9 [Permalink] Posted on 29th January 2020 22:08
I understand. Every reply however was Fiqhi. So everyone has probably understood the question as such.

What's an example of what you're actually asking? In the post there is no question.

Quote:
Do you know of any instances where a Muslim man has married a Christian woman
I assume a "Yes" or "No" is not what you're looking for but some details? If there's clarity then yes sure it can be moved back.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#10 [Permalink] Posted on 29th January 2020 22:18
Yasin wrote:
View original post

I have asked the members to share real life examples of cases where a Muslim man has married a Christian woman and the man continues to practice Deen and the kids are raised as Muslims.

I tried to be as clear about it as possible in my original post.Sorry for any misunderstandings.

I made slight changes to my original post.Please review it and see if its more clear now.
+1 -0
UK
Brother
#11 [Permalink] Posted on 29th January 2020 22:25
muslimman wrote:
View original post

Understood. Thread moved back.

I think xs11ax understood your original post correctly..
xs11ax wrote:
View original post
+1 -0Like x 1Agree x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#12 [Permalink] Posted on 29th January 2020 22:29
xs11ax wrote:
View original post

To be more precise:

Are there any examples where the "average" Muslim man has married a Christian woman, and his Christian wife is not a hindrance to him in practicing the basics of his Deen, and his kids are being raised as Muslims?
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#13 [Permalink] Posted on 29th January 2020 22:38
muslimman wrote:
View original post

Salaam

I don't know first hand or even second hand of any Muslim man married to a Christian woman. Probably the same with the rest of the members. Maybe colonel has?
+0 -0Agree x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#14 [Permalink] Posted on 29th January 2020 22:42
From my experience, almost all the people i have met that married Christians have had a tough time in their relationships. Most eventually end up in divorce.

From my experience kids have always followed the mother in the religion which here is Christianity.

+2 -0
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#15 [Permalink] Posted on 29th January 2020 22:45
xs11ax wrote:
View original post

I have met many, maybe close to hundred especially in areas which are more rural. In European countries its very common
+3 -0