Top Members

Salat-e-tasbeeh as tahajjud

You have contributed 0.0% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
To appreciate this topic, click 'Appreciate Topic' on the right.
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#1 [Permalink] Posted on 7th August 2017 03:43
Asalam o Alikum,
My question is that can i perform tasbeeh salah with tahajjud neeyat. In Quran Allah has multiple times praised his people for standing till late for him in prayer, there are various hadith telling how prophet (pbuh) recited longer surahs to perform tahajjud, well my case is bit complicated. i have a very bad memory and I have failed to remember any long surah, though I am trying it wouldn't happen immediately so I have switched to tasbeeh salah as its a bit longer to perform and also when I am calculating the number of times I recited the tasbeeh, It helps my focus my mind is less wandering. Sometimes when I am not well and I fail to sleep for any problem I pray tasbeeh salah at my usual tahajjud time. But my neeyat is tasbeeh salah (I sometimes feel like I am breaking the condition of Allah for me to sleep and then wake up but its hard not to pray when I am restless and anxious).
My second question is about ishraq I have read somewhere I should recite ayat al kursi and aminar rasool in ishraq, again I tried to remember aminar rasool but I have failed, though I am still trying and I hope I can remember it some day I do not want to skip ishraq till I can, so I have opted for ayat al kursi alone for both rakat. I feel like I should not use excuse of bad memory to cut down my good deeds and I also feel like I do not have the right to change things. So I would be grateful for your advice.
Jazakallah khair.
report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#2 [Permalink] Posted on 24th February 2018 02:45

In the name of Allah the most Beneficent, the most Merciful

Answer

We will Insha’Allah explain your question in different parts.

1.   The Correct time for Tahajjud:

In the Quran Allah talks about the word ‘Tahajjud’:

وَمِنَ اللَّيلِ فَتَهَجَّد بِهِ نافِلَةً لَكَ عسى أَن يَبعَثَكَ رَبُّكَ مَقامًا مَحمودًا

And keep vigil for a part of the night, as a supererogatory [devotion] for you. It may be that your Lord will raise you to a praiseworthy station.[1]

The following commentary has been written in the regards to the above verse:

The literal meaning of the word Tahajjud is to leave one’s sleep after a while.[2]

We can find the following statement in ‘Fatawa Mahmoodiyyah’:

“Tahajjud is that when half of the night passes by, a person wakes up from his sleep and performs some Salaah with the intention of Tahajjud”.[3]

The following statement and narration has been found in ‘Raddul Muhtar’:

“It will be counted for one of you if a person stood up to pray at night until dawn as Tahajjud. A person’s Tahajjud will be when after laying down he has performed some extra optional prayers”.[4]

In Anwarul Bayan, there is a narration: “Sayyidina Thaubanرضي الله عنهnarrates from the Holy Prophet that remaining awake is undoubtedly difficult and hard to the soul. Therefore, a person should try to perform two rakaats after the witr when this is performed at the beginning of the night. It will be best if the person woke up later to perform Salaah. However, if he could not, the two rakaats (after the witr) will count as Tahajjud.[5]

From the above we have understood that, the best way for Tahajjud is to wake up at the later part of the night and then perform the Tahajjud Salaah. But, if someone is unable to do so, it is permissible to perform Tahajjud Salaah after Eisha or just before going to sleep.

2.   Joining Tahajjud with Salaatut Tasbeeh

It is permissible to join the intention in a Nafil (optional) prayers.

Its written in ‘Ahsanul Fatawa’ (nearest meaning):

“ The combining of two intentions in one Salaah is permissible, but it shouldn’t be don’t so the full reward can be gain”.[6]

3.   What to recite in Ishraaq

There is no fixed verses, surah or Juz that needs to be recited in Ishraaq. A person can recite whatever he wants and its convenient for him.[7]

Only Allah knows best.

Written by Maulana Javed ibn Nazir Kachhalia

Checked and approved by Mufti Mohammed Tosir Miah

Darul Ifta Birmingham

[1]
Surah Al-Isra 17, Verse 79

[2]Anwarul Bayan, Vol 5, Pg 297, DarulIshat

[3]FatawaMahmoodiyyah, Vol 7, Pg 234, DarulIftaJamiahFarooqiyah

[4]Raddul Muhtar Al Duril Mukhtar, Vol 2, Pg 467, Daru AlimilKutub

[5]Anwarul Bayan, Vol 5, Pg 297, DarulIshat

[6]AhsanulFatawa, Vol 3, Pg 481, Saeed Company

[7]FatawaDarulUloomDeoband, Vol 4, Pg 226, DarulIshat