Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open

Forgiveness taking right of others

You have contributed 0.0% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
To appreciate this topic, click 'Appreciate Topic' on the right.
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#1 [Permalink] Posted on 5th July 2016 11:53
Assalamu alaikum

I just had a question regarding taking the right of other people and being forgiven by the wronged and Allah. How will a person be forgiven if he committed a sin by taking someones right and the nature of the sin is very lewd and shameless. There is no chance he can reveal the sin those people and ask for forgiveness because it will have severe consequences. Is there any other way that person can atone for this or be forgiven? Please can anyone help? Is there any hope for that person in terms of being forgiven?
report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#2 [Permalink] Posted on 5th July 2016 12:21

Hanafi wrote:
View original post

askimam.org/public/question_detail/32649

In the Name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful.

As-salāmu ‘alaykum wa-rahmatullāhi wa-barakātuh.

Backbiting (geebah) is from those sins which pertain to Haqooq-ul-'ibad (rights of people). Since these rights are connected with people, fulfilling them and asking for forgiveness will be associated with people as well. In order to repent from such sins, it is not only necessary to plead to Allah for forgiveness, but also ask the person who's right was violated for pardon and forgiveness. Until this is not done the repentance (tawbah) will not be complete.

However, if someone has back bitted another in such a way that they have not come to find out about what has been spoken about them,  then it will not be necessary to ask him for forgiveness. It will be sufficient for one to repent sincerely to Allah, and make the firm intention to abstain from such sins in the future[1].  

And Allah Ta’āla Knows Best

Abdullah Ghadai

Student Darul Iftaa
Michigan, U.S.A

Checked and Approved by,
Mufti Ebrahim Desai.

No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#3 [Permalink] Posted on 5th July 2016 12:37
Jazakallah khair for your response. Actually the sin is nothing like backbiting. It includes spying on people who were unclothed at the time. This person has changed his ways and is practicing now. His previous sins are causing him to have low iman and helplessness. What does he have to do in this situation?
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#4 [Permalink] Posted on 5th July 2016 12:38
Jazakallah khair for your response. Actually the sin is nothing like backbiting. It includes spying on people who were unclothed at the time. This person has changed his ways and is practicing now. His previous sins are causing him to have low iman and helplessness. What does he have to do in this situation? He is getting constant waswasas hat there is no hope for him and no chance of jannah until he asks the people who were wronged for forgiveness.
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#5 [Permalink] Posted on 5th July 2016 12:48
Question
I heard that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said that if one keeps the fasts of Ramadan with Iman (faith) and in order to get reward from Allah, Allah will forgive all his or her past sins. Does this also include the sins one may have knowingly committed against the rights of other Muslim brothers and sisters which he or she now deeply regrets doing but cannot admit his or her guilt to the victims as this may create even more problems?

Answer
Praise be to Allah.
There are many things which expiate for sins, including repentance, seeking forgiveness, doing acts of worship, carrying out hadd (Islamically prescribed) punishments on those who have done acts for which such punishments are due, and so on. But righteous deeds such as prayers, fasting, Hajj, etc. only expiate for minor sins, according to the majority of scholars, and they only expiate for transgressions against the rights of Allah. With regard to sins that have to do with the rights of other people, they can only be expiated by repenting from them. One of the conditions of repenting from them is restoring the rights of those who have been wronged.

Muslim narrated from ‘Abd-Allah ibn ‘Amr ibn al-‘As (may Allah be pleased with him) that the Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said: “The martyr will be forgiven for all his sins except debt.”

Al-Nawawi said in Sharh Muslim:

The words of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) “except debt” draw attention to all rights owed to other people. Jihad (fighting for Allah’s cause), martyrdom and other righteous deeds do not expiate for transgressions against the rights of other people, rather they only expiate for transgressions against the rights of Allah. End quote.

Ibn Muflih said in al-Furoo’.

Martyrdom expiates for everything except debt. Our Shaykh (i.e., Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyah, may Allah have mercy on him) said: and except sins against other people such as murder and oppression. End quote.

It says in al-Mawsoo’ah al-Fiqhiyyah: Repentance in the sense of regretting what one has done and resolving not to do it again is not sufficient to waive the rights that are owed to other people. Whoever has stolen another person’s wealth, or seized it by force, or has wronged him in any other way, will not have finished with the matter by simply regretting it, giving up the sin and resolving not to do it again. Rather he has to restore those rights. This is a principle on which the fuqaha (jurists) are unanimously agreed. End quote.

This has to do with material possessions, such as wealth that has been taken by force or by deceit. With regard to intangible rights such as in cases of slander and backbiting, if the person who has been wronged knows about it, then it is essential to apologize to him and ask for his forgiveness. If he does not know, then he should not be told; rather the one who wronged him should pray for him and pray for forgiveness for him, because telling him may upset him and create enmity and hatred between the two.

Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyah (may Allah have mercy on him) said: According to the saheeh hadeeth (authentic narration): “Whoever has wronged his brother with regard to his blood, his wealth or his honour, let him come and set matters straight before there comes a Day on which there will be no dirhams and no dinars, only good deeds and bad deeds, and if he has good deeds (they will be taken and given to the one whom he wronged), otherwise some of the bad deeds of the one whom he wronged will be taken and added to his burden, then he will be thrown into the Fire.” This has to do with cases where the one who was wronged was aware of it; but if he was gossiped about or slandered and he does not know, then it was said that one of the conditions of repentance is telling him, or it was said that this is not essential, which is the view of the majority; both views were narrated from Ahmad, but his view on such matters is that one should do good deeds for the one who was wronged, such as praying for him, praying for forgiveness for him and doing good deeds to be given to him, to take the place of that backbiting and slander. Al-Hasan al-Basri said: The expiation for gossip is to pray for forgiveness for the person about whom you gossiped. End quote.

Majmoo’ al-Fatawa.

The scholars of the Standing Committee said, concerning a man who stole money from a slave:

If he knows the slave or he knows someone who knows him, he can tell him to look for him and give him the money in silver or the equivalent, or whatever he agrees upon with him. If he does not know who he is and he thinks that he will never find him, he should give it or the equivalent in cash to a charity on behalf of its owner. If he finds him after that, he should tell him what he did; if he accepts that, all well and good, but if he objects and demands his money, then he should give it to him, and the money he gave in charity becomes an act of charity on his own behalf. He also has to ask Allah for forgiveness and repent to Him, and pray for the other person.

Fatawa Islamiyyah.

And Allah knows best.

islamqa.info/en/65649 (Salafi Source)
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#6 [Permalink] Posted on 5th July 2016 13:33
This is a very delicate topic and will need deeper understanding between you and a scholar in private.

Here is an answer that requires more understanding on the topic, the link will give the question. I haven't posted the question as it goes into details beyond what is asked. However, please look into it further with Ulama.

Quote:

Answer
In the Name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful.

As-salāmu ῾alaykum wa-rahmatullāhi wa-barakātuh.

You should understand that every form of licentious interaction with the opposite gender besides one’s wife is prohibited (Harām). Shar῾īah has clearly distinguished between Mahram (Unmarriageable kin) and Non-Mahram (Marriageable kin). Relatives such as cousin sister and sister in law are Non-Mahram. Segregation (Pardah) is necessary with marriageable relatives. You should refrain from interacting with such relatives in the future.

If there is a fear of temptation and indulging in sin as understood from reference then to one should abstain from interacting with even unmarriageable relatives.

Masturbation is prohibited (Harām). Also it is injurious to your health physically and spiritually. You should desist from committing such a vice act.

All acts stated in reference are indeed Major sins and fornication (Zina) of the eyes and hands. Repent to Allāh Ta῾āla for your loathsome and despicable acts.

The rulings of incest (Hurmat Musāharah) are delicate and intricate.

According to the Hanafi Mazhab, incest will be established between a man and a woman when one of them touches or kisses the other (without the barrier of a thick cloth) with Shahwat (lust).

It is also necessary for the establishment of incest that the lust is experienced at the exact time of touching.

In the light of the aforementioned, Hurmat Musāharah will be established if you touched your maternal aunt (mother’s cousin sister) with the following conditions:

· You touched her without the barrier of a thick cloth or the cloth was so thin that you felt her body heat.

· While touching her you experienced lust (Shahwah).

As a result of Hurmat Musāharah, it is impermissible for you to marry your maternal aunt’s daughter.

And Allah Ta῾āla Knows Best

Mufti Zaid M Shelia,

islamqa.org/hanafi/askimam/6212
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#7 [Permalink] Posted on 5th July 2016 13:41
Question
Assalaamu alaykum. I suffer from OCD (obsessive compulsive disorder) and prolonged vacations worsen my condition. Last night, something happened that reminded me of an incident that happened 8.5 years backs. We visited our relatives in india, and, once, I was changing clothes in a room when I noticed my cousin peering through a small gap in the window. I was changing my trousers then, and I just do not know since when he was standing there. Now this has started to give me a feeling that I am not pure or not like other pure girls. I know that my intention was not wrong, but I feel quite low. Kindly tell me scholarly views about such incidents. Can I forgive the person for such an act? What if I do not do so?

Answer
All perfect praise be to Allaah, The Lord of the Worlds. I testify that there is none worthy of worship except Allaah and that Muhammad sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam ( may Allaah exalt his mention ) is His slave and Messenger.

Suffering from OCD is one of the afflictions with which Allaah tests His slaves; we implore Him to bless you with recovery. Indeed, He is The Healer, The Lord of the people, the Remover of trouble, none brings about healing but Him. So implore Allaah frequently, for He answers the supplications of whoever calls upon Him and relieves their distress; He says (what means):
Is He (not best) Who responds to the desperate one when he calls upon Him and removes evil and makes you inheritors of the earth? Is there a deity with Allaah? Little do you remember.
[Quran 27:62] For more information about treating OCD, please refer to fatwa 90425.

This action on part of this young man, if true, is a prohibited act. Some scholars even declared it a grave sin. Ibn Hajar Al-Haytami may Allaah have mercy upon him wrote, "The grave sin no. 387: peeping through a small hole into someone's house without his permission to spy on the women of his household..." [Az-Zawaajir] He may Allaah have mercy upon him cited many ahaadeeth, some of which were the following:

- Abu Hurayrah may Allaah be pleased with him reported that the Prophet sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam ( may Allaah exalt his mention ) said, "He who peeps into the house of people without their consent, it is permissible for them to gouge his eye out."

- Anas ibn Maalik may Allaah be pleased with him said, "A man peeped into one of the rooms of the Prophet. The Prophet sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam ( may Allaah exalt his mention ) got up, holding a blade. It is as if I am looking at him, about to stab the man."

- Sahl ibn Saʻd may Allaah be pleased with him said, "A man peeped through a round hole into the dwelling place of the Prophet, while the Prophet sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam ( may Allaah exalt his mention ) was holding an iron comb with which he was scratching his head. The Prophet sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam ( may Allaah exalt his mention ) said, "Had I known that you were looking (through the hole), I would have stabbed your eye with it (i.e. the comb). Verily! The command to take permission to enter has been enjoined because of sight (that one should not look unlawfully at the state of others)."

All these ahaadeeth were cited in Saheeh Al-Bukhaari, Saheeh Muslim and other books.

Hence, your cousin bears the sin, and there is no blame on you in this regard. So do not worry about that and repel any thoughts you have about it. Satan wants to disturb your life with such obsessive thoughts, so you should tease him by seeking refuge with Allaah from him, preoccupying yourself with reciting thikr, and totally disregarding his satanic whispers.

We could not find any statement of the scholars indicating that your cousin is liable to something for merely looking or attempting to look at your ʻawrah (body parts that should be concealed as per the sharee'ah). It is sufficient for him to secretly repent to Allaah of his sin. Hence, there is no point in forgiving him or not in this case.

Allaah knows best.

www.english.islamweb.net/emainpage/index.php?page=showfat... (Salafi Source)
No post ratings
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#8 [Permalink] Posted on 5th July 2016 14:10

Hanafi wrote:
View original post

It isn't the answer but the principle that for some reason you can't go to the person (directly) whatever the reason is.

Delete your responses and try to think about what is being said in the answer.

+0 -0Agree x 1