Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open

Reminding of favours

You have contributed 0.0% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
To appreciate this topic, click 'Appreciate Topic' on the right.
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#1 [Permalink] Posted on 8th May 2016 02:27
The Prophet (salallahu alihi wa sallam) said:
"The cheat, the miserly one, and the recounter of favours will not enter the garden." (Nasai)

I have came across this Hadith.
Is it also regarded as favour if u take care of some ppl in family emotionally and ignore much of the wrong sayings they utter?
If such person on getting angry at time and remind them the favours they received in form of care n love n gifts..... Still been ignored or mistreated. Is this also counted in ihsan jatana?
report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#2 [Permalink] Posted on 9th May 2016 12:08
www.muftisays.com/qa/question/781/reminding-favours-that-...

Bismillah

Al-jawab billahi at-taufeeq (the answer with Allah's guidance)

It is not true, the negative effect will be on the reminder of the favour.

Allah Ta'ala says;
"O you who believe, do not render your charity vain by reminders (of your kindness) and by injury." (Baqarah 2:264)

Wahidi said: It means reminding the recipient about what was given to him. Kalbi said: It means reminding Allah that one has given charity and making hurtful remarks to the recipient.

The Prophet (salallahu alihi wa sallam) said:
"The cheat, the miserly one, and the recounter of favours will not enter the garden." (Nasai)

Also Prophet (sallallahu alaihi wa sallam) said, "Beware of reminding others of the favours you have done them, because that destroys thankfulness and cancels out the reward." The Prophet then recited the verse quoted above.

Ibn Sirin heard one man telling another: "I did such and such favours to you. I did this , I did that. " Ibn Sirin told him: "Be quiet! There is no good in being kind to others if you keep recounting it."

Another scholar said; "Reminding the recipient of a favour destroys the gratitude shown for it, and being proud of a deed destroys its reward." (Al-Kabair Pg. 162,163)

And Only Allah Ta'ala Knows Best.
Moulana Qamruz Zaman
London, UK
report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings