You have contributed 0.0% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
quranschool29
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#1 [Permalink] Posted on 7th July 2015 18:32
I read that it is ok to use the miswak while fasting. However, I sometimes feel that I accidentally swallow bits of the miswak that remain in my mouth (even when I use water). Would that nullify my fast?
report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#2 [Permalink] Posted on 7th July 2015 19:34
This doesn't answer your question fully, but it mentions water.
Quote:
Is swallowing the juice or saliva from the miswak during fast considered a breaking of the fast?

Answer
In the Name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful.

Using miswāk does not break one’s fast, even if it has its natural sap (wetness). In fact it is mustahab to use miswāk during fast as it keeps the cleanliness. However, it is makrūh to wet the miswak with water and use it since there is a danger of the water going down the throat.[1]

And Allah Ta’āla Knows Best

Mufti Faisal bin Abdul Hameed,
Montréal, Canada

Checked and Approved by,
Mufti Ebrahim Desai.

[1] الدر المختار وحاشية ابن عابدين (رد المحتار) (2/ 419)

((و) لا (سواك ولو عشيا) أو رطبا بالماء على المذهب )… بل يسن للصائم كغيره صرح به في النهاية لعموم قوله – صلى الله عليه وسلم – «لولا أن أشق على أمتي لأمرتهم بالسواك عند كل وضوء وعند كل صلاة» لتناوله الظهر والعصر والمغرب وقد تقدم أحكامه في الطهارة بحر (قوله: ولو عشيا) أي بعد الزوال (قوله: على المذهب) وكره الثاني المبلول بالماء لما فيه من إدخاله فمه من غير ضرورة ورد بأنه ليس بأقوى من المضمضة أما الرطب الأخضر فلا بأس به اتفاقا كذا في الخلاصة نهر

Source
+1 -0
Rank Image
London
Brother
#3 [Permalink] Posted on 7th July 2015 19:41

Brushing in Ramadan

Answered by Faraz Rabbani

I would appreciate if you could detail the fiqh of using the miswak in fasting. Does it break the fast if there is a taste of miswak left in the mouth? Does it break the fast if you wet it and then use it? Does it break the fast if a particle of wood remains in your mouth even after you try to get it out by spitting and later swallow it??
1. It remains a sunna to brush one's teeth (siwak) throughout the day, even while fasting. (Maraqi)

2. The taste of the toothstick remaining does not invalidate one's fast.

3. It is permitted to wet the toothstick or toothbrush before using it. It is best to spit out once when finished.

4. If you are certain that you swallowed a particle of wood, your fast is invalidated. If unsure, one resorts to one's operating certainty: the fast is valid, for certainty is not lifted by mere doubt.

Note:

5. If any toothpaste or saliva changed by it gets swallowed, one’s fast is invalidated. It is best to avoid using toothpaste while fasting, unless one can do so without endangering one’s fast.
Just want to know the permissibility of using standard toothpaste whilst fasting, is it permissible? I have been told by our local Imam that this is permissible.

www.deenislam.co.uk/dua/Ramadhan/Questions%20on%20Fast%20...
+1 -0
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#4 [Permalink] Posted on 18th August 2015 10:31
This post has been reported. It could be due to breaking rules or something as simple as bad use of bbcodes which breaks the page format. We will attend to this soon.
No post ratings