Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open

Giving away haram money to charity

You have contributed 0.0% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
To appreciate this topic, click 'Appreciate Topic' on the right.
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#1 [Permalink] Posted on 13th April 2015 14:06
Asalamualaikum.

I've done some research, but I can't find anything applicable to these questions. I have two on the behalf of a friend.

1)

Background: Someone I know has paid over £3000 of haram funds to certain parties, organisation and charties that he seeked or gained by haram means i.e. deception. However, he took out an interest based loan to pay it off sooner rather than over years and then settled his debt with the bank ASAP to pay as little interest as possible. He did it give it away with no reward, but if Allah intends to grant him any reward then so be it.

Question: He realises he's drowned himself more in sin by taking this, but is his Islamic debt now resolved?

2)

He's been working for a bank in the online department for a year, and then was working for an insurance company for another year where you produce car insurance quotes for customer. If I'm not mistaken working in either sector is haram because their funds generally deals with interest. However, he is faily sure that he didn't know at the time whether it was haram in other words he never contemplated whether his income would be haram or halal.

Question: Therefore, is he liable to pay this miney back too? That's at least £30,000 he's earned in those two years.
report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#2 [Permalink] Posted on 14th April 2015 10:07
No post ratings
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#3 [Permalink] Posted on 14th April 2015 11:06
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#4 [Permalink] Posted on 14th April 2015 11:24
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

Brother Muadh,

Jazak'Allah for this.

The first question has been addressed, but the second question requires further clarification. The brother was not aware or it never occurred to him working for an insurance company is haram, and when working for the bank he was in a department that doesn't deal with interest. He was working in a department where they were educating customers how to use online banking.

I'll contact the scholars at alhaadi.org.za.
No post ratings
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#5 [Permalink] Posted on 14th April 2015 11:48

Imam Ali wrote:
View original post

Please post the question and response here for us to increase our knowledge as well.

Jzk

No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#6 [Permalink] Posted on 14th April 2015 11:51
No post ratings