report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#47 [Permalink] Posted on 24th August 2016 21:48
Imam Ali wrote:
View original post

HFA have changed their position a lot since their controversial days :) however, they are not as strict as HMC.

SANHA is from South Africa and is recognized worldwide. However, they do not have the same policy as HMC in their strictness, but each country to their own.

Other standalone Ulama of South Africa considers their halal certification as "haram".... in fact you can read about on SANHA's web page.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#48 [Permalink] Posted on 24th August 2016 22:22
Ulama like the TheMajlis, right?

So, HFA/HMC are the same thing, and both based in the UK.
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#49 [Permalink] Posted on 25th August 2016 07:34
Imam Ali wrote:
View original post

Both are based in the UK yet both are world's apart.

Big difference, something you can read up on HMC's website.

Only just recently and maybe even now, many Muslim's did not eat HFA at all, they would only opt for HMC. Since HFA stopped mechanical slaughter, but continue to use the stun to stun process, they are still very much different from HMC, but now HFA are accepted by more Muslim's.
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#50 [Permalink] Posted on 25th January 2017 17:39
abu mohammed wrote:
View original post

SANHA have been removed from the list!

Latest list: halalfoodauthority.com/hfa-recognitions

Quote:

Halal Food Authority (HFA) certification is widely accepted around the globe and there is no known region where HFA halal certificate is not valid.

HFA is endorsed, supported and recognised by all major halal certification bodies in the world. Some of those organisations in global halal certification industry that have mutual recognition arrangement with HFA are as follows:

Indonesian Council of Ulama (MUI)
Department of Islamic Development Malaysia (JAKIM)
Secretariat of Dubai Municipality – UAE
Majlis – e- Ugama Islamia Singapura – MUIS – Singapore
Central Islamic Committee of Thailand – Thailand
Islamic Dawah Council of Phillipines (IDCP) – Phillipines
Islamic Food and Nutrition Council of America (IFANCA) – USA
Halal Food Council of Europe (HFCE) – Belgium
Halal Quality Control (HQC) – The Netherlands
Halal Correct – The Netherlands
Halal Food & Feed Inspection Authority (HFFIA) – The Netherlands
Halal Control – Germany
National Independent Halal Trust (NIHT)
Muslim Judicial Council (MJC) – South Africa
FAMBRAS & CIBAL – Brazil
Federation of Islamic Associations of New Zealand (FIANZ) – New Zealand
Halal Australia

This list is indeed of a few and is certainly not an exhaustive list. HFA works with many other international halal certification organisations that also support and recognise our globally accepted halal standards and procedures.

Capture.JPG
Downloads: 60
    [104.57 kB]
+1 -0
#51 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd March 2017 18:56
I called KFC customer services to find out who the actual suppliers were. I was told that they use multiple suppliers for their halal chicken so couldn't give me names
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#52 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd March 2017 19:26
Guest-166373 wrote:
View original post

Their website claims to use British chickens, however, they also have halal chickens sourced from Brazil as witnessed by some brothers (as I've been told by a trusted brother).

Quote:
the wings, nuggets and patties, from what he claimed to have seen, didnt have the HFA logo on them but a name called 'Brasil'.

Allahu Alum.

And now we have the Brazil fiasco!
No post ratings
Rank Image
World Of Allah
Brother
#53 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd March 2017 20:54
Lol, back in discussion I see.

@ abu mohammed, have you had KFC here in the UK. Since you have said you had subway?
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#54 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd March 2017 20:57
ali wrote:
View original post

Simple answer, NO, Not yet since, simply because my heart doesn't allow me :) otherwise, their methods of halal etc have improved and no longer sell mechanically slaughtered poultry. They sell stun to stun slaughtered chicken.

Is it halal?
Most probably :)
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#55 [Permalink] Posted on 24th March 2017 11:25
Question has been received by Darul-Iftaa and is in the final stages of getting checked. Should be releasing the Fatwa shortly on KFC, Nandos and Stunned Chicken
+2 -0Like x 2
Rank Image
Tragic-istan
Brother
#56 [Permalink] Posted on 27th March 2017 20:00
WifaqulUlama wrote:
View original post

I hope it isn't some blanket rule to say you can or can't eat kfc or nandos or sunned chicken.

It should be more in line with the methods and the end product, then if the believer wants to eat at such outlets, it should be down to him.

I get invited for some food, they put kfc on the table, now what I would like to know is if I could eat that or not based on its halalification :) not based on other scenarios of possible contamination and so on...therefore if MIGHT be haram.

Yes or no, simple

I wonder if the outcome will have any effect on HMC. Or will this be based on purely HMC findings ridiculing any findings of other respected Ulama like the ones from foodguide, mufti Abdullah and mufti Sacha.

Can't wait to see the fatwa.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#57 [Permalink] Posted on 28th March 2017 15:51
ali wrote:
View original post

ali - as u say - i pop in where i want to.

tell me.

from where does kfc source their chickens in the uk?

regards
ishmail
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#58 [Permalink] Posted on 28th March 2017 16:18
adamjee wrote:
View original post

Allow me to reply :)

kfc-csr.co.uk/food/our-suppliers.html

Quote:
Our Suppliers

We buy our British chicken from the same poultry suppliers and farms that supply the major UK supermarkets. The rest comes from high-quality suppliers in the EU, Brazil and Thailand.

All the companies we buy chickens from are audited to our welfare standard. New suppliers must pass audits of their welfare standards, quality and food safety systems before they can begin selling to us. When we source from overseas, our minimum starting point is strict compliance with UK and EU welfare requirements, which our suppliers should aim to exceed.

Our technical teams visit all our suppliers regularly to assess compliance with our standard, producing monthly progress reports and action plans tailored to each supplier to drive progress. This process is backed up by regular audits by third party experts.

Traceability

The ability to trace every chicken from farm to restaurant is an important part of our quality assurance system. Our short and simple supply chain makes this straightforward. Our well-established tracking systems gives each bird a unique supplier code and batch number.

In 2011, we were the first fast-food company to gain Red Tractor certification, for our British fresh chicken on the bone. This is a nationally recognised guarantee of welfare standards and provenance, and we work closely with UK farms and suppliers to maintain it.

We source free-range eggs for our breakfast menu and, in September 2012, KFC UK and Ireland received a Good Egg Award from Compassion in World Farming, for our commitment to switching to 100% free-range eggs.

Please note the wording. The chicken on the bone is British - other types of chicken like nuggets, burgers, etc can be from any of the other sources.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#59 [Permalink] Posted on 3rd April 2017 10:54

Asaaghir wrote:
View original post

It has now been nearly 2 weeks and we have still to receive an official written response from HFA. They have been reminded that we want their response in writing.

I request that Muslim in Britain contact HFA and remind them to officially reply to Wifaqul Ulama so a Fatwa can be issued.

http://halalfoodauthority.com/contact

This response is still pending and the Darul-Iftaa have asked again this morning for HFA to be chased, which I will.

Any help from members here would be most appreciated.

+1 -0Winner x 1
Rank Image
London
Brother
#60 [Permalink] Posted on 3rd April 2017 13:38
I think if people politely get onto Twitter and pass on the news/request to "RESPOND TO WIFAQUL ULAMA" or politely name and shame for not responding to "ULAMA", then maybe they will respond quicker.

I say this because after SANHA "finally" tweeted their response, HFA was quick to remove their name (SANHA) from their site ;)
No post ratings

Jump to page:

Quick Reply

CAPTCHA - As you are a guest, you are required to answer the following:

In the above image: What shape is the green shape ('box' is not a shape)?