Taalibah, abu mohammed
Rank Image
London
Brother
#61 [Permalink] Posted on 3rd April 2017 16:19

HFA wrote:
@HFA_UK 19 minutes ago
Salam.
No queries have been raised with the HFA.

Typical.

Perhaps they should be sent the query via twitter again :)
Capture1.JPG
Downloads: 235
    [25.75 kB]
report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#62 [Permalink] Posted on 4th April 2017 09:42
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#63 [Permalink] Posted on 12th April 2017 10:46

abu mohammed wrote:
View original post

HFA responded last week when asked on twitter but their email was stuck in a filter. We have apologised to HFA and their email has been forwarded to Darul-Iftaa for processing as of this morning.

+1 -0
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#64 [Permalink] Posted on 12th April 2017 15:41
A friend who personally inspected Freemans called me and said:

Nandos: The entire UK is supplied by Freemans who stun their Chicken but are certified Halal by Mufti Yusuf Sacha (DB).

Random and surprise inspections at Freemans show that you can pickup a stunned chicken, drop it on the floor and within 20 seconds it recovers fine.

Neither Freemans nor Nandos will issue a statement that all Chicken is Halal due to business reasons.

Nandos has Alcohol and other issues but Chicken is Halal.
Posted via the Muftisays Android App
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#65 [Permalink] Posted on 12th April 2017 16:54
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

That's true. Major venues like Wembley Stadium, Ascot (Horse racing) serve Halal food by default as their supplier is selling Halal, but neither are selling it as Halal.

If they started to promote Halal or sell it as Halal, this would affect their business very badly.

For Example, if they started to label everything as Halal, then all those who oppose Muslim's will boycott their products.

So most items will not be labelled as Halal even if they are!

All of the above can be Halal but cannot be labelled as Halal until the reseller requests it.

It's a BIG BUSINESS!

Another issue is that for some, Halal is actually Haram, like the Sikh Religion! and for Jews and their Kosher requirements.

OFF TOPIC -
A whole new topic is required to educate those in other countries where food stuff is imported in then sold as normal but in fact is actually HARAM. Especially in Muslim populated countries like Pakistan and so on!

When I was in Pakistan, I was really upset at the fact that I still had to read ingredients before buying anything and on top of that, I get questioned as to what I'm doing.

When Haram items are pointed out, they just ignore you.
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#66 [Permalink] Posted on 12th April 2017 17:45
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

Like member "Asaaghir" says:
Asaaghir wrote:
View original post

He and many others want to know if the supplier is Halal or not, then they will decide if they will go Nando's, KFC and others or not.

Let's just hope the Ulama don't leave us "Stunned" instead keep it crystal clear!
No post ratings
Rank Image
Spinistan Throne
Brother
#67 [Permalink] Posted on 24th April 2017 15:26
WifaqulUlama wrote:
View original post

Apology accepted lol ;)

Did anyone check if your email got stuck in Darul ifta's junk mail or vice versa :)

Taking way too long IMHO.

Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

A friend in need is a friend indeed!

But what do you do when there is silence, yet others openly eat?

abu mohammed wrote:
View original post

Spot on gov.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Spinistan Throne
Brother
#68 [Permalink] Posted on 15th May 2017 17:44
I sent a private message to wifaqul ulama a few days ago for an update on KFC but the message is still in my outbox.

Can anyone update the situation here.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#69 [Permalink] Posted on 15th May 2017 18:34

Asaaghir wrote:
View original post

Ulama have still not issued a Fatwa because they still lack clear cut answers on the issue. I will continue to update you on the situation.

Jzk

+2 -0
Rank Image
Spinistan Throne
Brother
#70 [Permalink] Posted on 15th May 2017 19:51
Jzk for the update.

Retweet?

My predicament will come when we are fasting. My friends and family who do munch on kfc will send fresh fried food to my place in a plate, so I wont know if it's from the hmc place or kfc.

When there is a clear-cut answer, and if its negative, I will ask openly where its from. Until then, I cant tell them its haram or doubtful.
No post ratings
#71 [Permalink] Posted on 11th June 2017 15:03
Assalamoalaykum

please can you confirm if this is new fatwa or you are still waiting for a reply from Wifaqul Ulama.

wifaqululama/ kfcnandos/

In conclusion, Wifaqul Ulama advises and encourages Muslims to consume meat and poultry which is non-stunned. We also fully support HMC, advise and encourage Muslims to use their Services and benefit from them. However, meat of the stunned animal will be lawful to consume on condition that the animal is alive at the time of slaughtering.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Spinistan Throne
Brother
#72 [Permalink] Posted on 26th June 2017 13:35
WifaqulUlama wrote:
View original post

Lol
Loading tweet

@SaladinAhmed (sorry brother Salahuddeen, I couldn't resist)
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#73 [Permalink] Posted on 5th July 2017 17:19
3rd April
www.wifaqululama.co.uk/kfcnandos/

Quote:

HFA CLARIFICATION ABOUT KFC TO WIFAQUL ULAMA
QUESTION:

As-salāmu ‘alaykum wa-rahmatullāhi wa-barakātuh Brother Hasan,

Please double check this information and confirm my understanding as discussed on the phone.

1. KFC Halal Trial does not use Mechanical Slaughter.

2. KFC Halal Trial uses Reverisble stunning, please confirm voltage? The animal is alive at the stunning and it is checked and ensured.

3. The slaughterhouse has Muslim Supervisors and Muslim Slaughtermen.

4. The Halal supplies have a specific barcode and are trackable

5. When the supplies reach the store, the (KFC) employees check the right labels and barcodes

6. HFA then inspect each KFC (Halal) store regularly to make sure that the supply comes from the (HFA certified) slaughterhouse

7. KFC Halal outlets do not mix Halal Chicken and Non Halal Chicken.

8. HFA also inspect Non-Meat products in the store

WIFAQUL ULAMA ADMINISTRATOR
-----
RESPONSE:
Dear Brother,

Asalamu Alaykum,

I hope you are well. I am sorry for the late response as we receive an enormously high amount of emails and try our best to reply as quickly as possible, however delays can occur.

Anyway, the reply to your points is as follows:

1. The HFA DOES NOT certify machine slaughter.

2. Chicken is reversibly stunned using the electric water bath method. The current would not exceed 205mA and minimum frequency will be 1000hz. The stunner is calibrated and thoroughly checked by muslim supervisor.

3. Birds will ONLY be slaughtered by a muslim slaughterman while reciting the Tasmiyah/Shahada and the entire operation will be overlooked by a muslim supervisor.

4. KFC has a comprehensive system in place where halal store will only receive halal stock approved by the HFA. Each item is traceable.

5. KFC employees go through an internal halal training program before they are signed off to work in a halal KFC store. Staff uses the appropriate documents to aid them in the delivery process. More over the supplier has controls in place to deliver the correct stock to the halal store.

6. HFA inspects each halal store on the regular basis to ensure every product (chicken and non-chicken) is coming from HFA approved sources.

7. The above-mentioned points ensure there is no mixing of halal and non-halal chickens at store and supplier level. A halal KFC store will ONLY serve halal chicken and halal non-chicken products. No non-halal product is allowed to enter the store.

8. Point answered in above-mentioned points.

Should you have any further questions/discussion, please do not hesitate to contact me

Kind regards,

HFA

3rd of April 2017

-----
15th May
WifaqulUlama wrote:
View original post

So I take it your still waiting for more answers, or has the page been updated?
No post ratings
Rank Image
Spinistan Throne
Brother
#74 [Permalink] Posted on 5th July 2017 17:25
Nice find bro, I'm being stalked on this issue man!

Looks good so far, doesn't it?

Like I said before, I just wanna know if the chicken is halal. By the looks of things, it looks legit.

WU, please close the case for us asap.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#75 [Permalink] Posted on 18th July 2017 10:37

In the Name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful.

As-salāmu ‘alaykum wa-rahmatullāhi wa-barakātuh

KFC: Unable to provide a definite answer and the suggestion is to avoid.

The reason for this response is that we are unable to get the right information from HFA. They claim that every step of the process is strictly monitored. There is no contamination with Non-Dhabihah chickens and each and every chicken is tracked and monitored.

However, the question then becomes how many inspectors and how many personnel are involved in this process throughout the entire monitoring process? HFA are unable or unwilling to provide those details. Under the circumstances, it is not possible to provide a definitive answer and we are unable to conclusively state whether KFC is Halal or Haram

The sound recommendation is to avoid until all facts of the monitoring process are made clear.

NANDO’S: Each and every chicken is SUPPLIED BY FREEMAN'S WHO'S POULTRY IS Dhabihah, checked, inspected and certified at source (Freemans). These chickens are stunned at a low voltage. There have been checks many times and there is no danger of these chicken dying. Muslim men have gone there for inspections, picked up random chickens from the line and dropped them on the floor and they recover after 30 seconds or so. NANDO’S use these chicken at each and every restaurant and there are no other chickens. However, due to the current political climate they will not admit it publicly. The processes inside the restaurant are not monitored or checked. NANDO’S serve Alcohol at their premises.

Both chickens are stunned.

Mufti Yusuf Sacha (DB): NANDO’S approached me but I said that since your business model includes Alcohol there is no question for us inspecting your restaurants and certifying the product, the process cannot even begin.

+1 -0

Jump to page:

Quick Reply

CAPTCHA - As you are a guest, you are required to answer the following:

In the above image: What colour is the text 'ABC' written in?