You have contributed 25.2% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
Taalibah, abu mohammed
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#16 [Permalink] Posted on 12th February 2016 16:46
I'm off for Umah, and I'll be at the local KFC near the haram each day.

I'm going to do what brother abu mohammaed did which, is to ask for a manager to bring out a that big bag of chicken which, states very profoundly "cut with a knife and in Jeddah" - something like that I re-call.

If they do that then that's good enough for me.
report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#17 [Permalink] Posted on 12th February 2016 17:15
Imam Ali wrote:
View original post

This was something I witnessed a South African brother doing in Madinah

Just don't get arrested like the Shaykh mentions in the talk "Saudi Chicken". If you ask, make sure your beard is well kept and that you are wearing a turban :)
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#18 [Permalink] Posted on 17th February 2016 12:38
london786 wrote:
View original post

After reading through some of my older posts, I came across this snippet from Mufti ibn Adam's Fatwa, and it sems that this may be the answer that will come from HFA (waiting for response via email)

Quote:
Imam al-Haskafi (Allah have mercy on him) states:
“The condition (for an animal to be Halal) is that the animal is slaughtered straight after the pronouncement of Allah’s name
(tasmiyah) before one begins doing something else (tabaddul almajlis).
So much so that if a person laid down two sheeps, one over the other, and slaughtered them simultaneously with pronouncing
the name of Allah once, then they will both be Halal,
contrary to the situation where one slaughters them one after the other (in that only the first will be Halal). The reason behind this is that the repetition of the act (meaning the act of slaughtering)
necessitates repetition of Tasmiyah.” (See: Radd al-Muhtar ala alDurr al-Mukhtar, 6/402)

www.muftisays.com/forums/82-the-food-section/7041-mechani...

Although the above is taken from a Fatwa on Mechanical Slaughter, it could easily be used for mass slaughter too, Wallahu Alum.
No post ratings
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#19 [Permalink] Posted on 18th February 2016 07:43
abu mohammed wrote:
View original post

HFA are now certified by SANHA (South Africa).

Jzk
Posted via the Muftisays Android App
+1 -0
#20 [Permalink] Posted on 18th February 2016 08:41
Save Umrah! Taqwa first, fatwa can wait. Eat Halal Cut Fish. Or vegetables.
No post ratings
#21 [Permalink] Posted on 18th February 2016 08:51
About 550 million strong Muslim population in Indian sub-continent is served with Halal meat (manual slaughtered). Around 500 million Non-muslim population in India is also served through Muslim meat shops.

Then can't understand, why it can't be served in Gulf.

Can some one from Business management or Factory Management explain the complexity?
No post ratings
#22 [Permalink] Posted on 18th February 2016 09:28
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

That's excellent news I guess. Do you have a source for this info please.

On a personal level and a question you are not obliged to answer, Do you trust sanha, especially after the fiasco another SA lone scholar created?

This is very interesting.

So who would eat at KFC?
No post ratings
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#23 [Permalink] Posted on 18th February 2016 09:42
Anonymous wrote:
View original post

Brother,

First of all calm down and learn to evaluate things. There is no Fiasco against SANHA in South Africa its Shaykh (Mufti) A.S. Desai (HA) against just about every other Alim in the world from Mufti Taqi Usmani (HA) to your local Imam.

Ulama have disagreed with stunning and HMC is available in UK which is a safer choice.

I live in UK where there are 50 Halal Chicken shops to KFC so I have no reason to support a Capitalist American Business Empire EVEN if they go HMC tomorrow. I would rather support my local Muslim Businesses.

When it comes to Fiqh of KFC, I would consult Ulama and their position. There are Kibar Ulama who permit stunning but in UK I have no need to use this Fatwa because I have plenty of choices.

I don't eat anything at major Capitalist Franchises even in Muslim countries (Pakistan) where they source local meat....That is my personal stance

Legally, consult Ulama.

SANHA has been addes to the pdf which is now available from HFA site.

Jzk
+2 -0Like x 2
Rank Image
London
Brother
#24 [Permalink] Posted on 18th February 2016 10:16
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

halalfoodauthority.com/hfa-recognitions/

Quote:
HFA ACCREDITATIONS AND RECOGNITIONS
Halal Food Authority (HFA) certification is widely accepted around the globe and there is no known region where HFA halal certificate is not valid with the exception of Indonesia. HFA is in constant discussions with the authorities in Indonesia to finalize our mutual recognition arrangement and we expect it to be complete in the near future.
HFA is endorsed, supported and recognised by all major halal certification bodies in the world. Some of those organisations in global halal certification industry that have mutual recognition arrangement with HFA are as follows:

• Department of Islamic Development Malaysia (JAKIM)
  • Secretariat of Dubai Municipality – UAE
  • Majlis – e- Ugama Islamia Singapura – MUIS – Singapore
  • Central Islamic Committee of Thailand – Thailand
  • Islamic Dawah Council of Phillipines (IDCP) – Phillipines
  • Islamic Food and Nutrition Council of America (IFANCA) – USA
  • Halal Food Council of Europe (HFCE) – Belgium
  • Halal Quality Control (HQC) – The Netherlands
  • Halal Correct – The Netherlands
  • Halal Food & Feed Inspection Authority (HFFIA) – The Netherlands
  • Halal Control – Germany
  • South African National Halal Authority (SANHA) – Southa Africa
  • Muslim Judicial Council (MJC) – South Africa
  • FAMBRAS & CIBAL – Brazil
  • Federation of Islamic Associations of New Zealand (FIANZ) – New Zealand
  • Halal Australia

This list is indeed of a few and is certainly not an exhaustive list. HFA works with many other international halal certification organisations that also support and recognise our globally accepted halal standards and procedures.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#25 [Permalink] Posted on 20th February 2016 10:43
abu mohammed wrote:
View original post

I have read what HFA are saying but I have decided to send this query directly to SANHA. I have no direct knowledge or contacts with HFA.

Loading tweet

Post edited on 03rd of March 2016 to clarify what was meant for the Brother asking for an explanation and edited text underlined.
+2 -0Like x 2
#26 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd February 2016 17:51
WifaqulUlama wrote:
View original post

Lol, no reply from SANHA or Wifaq Admin hasn't had the chance to update us.

Just as well this thread isn't on fishes, coz something smells fishy :)
No post ratings
#27 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd February 2016 17:56
WifaqulUlama wrote:
View original post

Since you know what hfa say, can you shed some light on the issue for us please, regardless of kfc, coz that would be down to the individual and personal choice.

I'm a follower of Wifaq so it would be good to know where you stand
No post ratings
#28 [Permalink] Posted on 3rd March 2016 12:01
@WifaqulUlama
So What's happening, SANHA ignoring your tweet or no reply or the response wasn't suitable :)
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#29 [Permalink] Posted on 3rd March 2016 14:48

Anonymous wrote:
View original post

No response from SANHA on the issue, as soon as I have an answer I will post it.

No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#30 [Permalink] Posted on 21st April 2016 18:21
@wifaqul ulama, I've just been sent a link to KFC halal. However, still waiting for SANHA to reply.

looking good so far as their policy on mechanical slaughter is no longer accepted. Still need assurance though. in the same boat as guest poster "uk chicken"

Quote:

HALAL

At KFC we listen to our customers to help us to evolve our menu and the choices we offer. For some time, we have received requests to provide halal food in parts of the UK and as a result of this, we are running a halal trial within communities where we anticipate a strong demand for halal products.

We are running the trial in the following stores:

Acton Vale
Arndale Centre
Baker Street
Barking
Barlow
Moor Road
Beckton
Bethnal Green
Birmingham Star City
Birmingham Heybarnes
Birmingham Yardley
Bishopsgate
Bolton Derby Street
Bradford Ingleby Road
Bristol Union Street
Burnley
Camden Town
Cape Hill
Colindale
Colliers Wood
Coventry
Courthouse Green
Croydon Central
Derby Foresters Leisure Park
Dewsbury
Earls Court Road
East Ham
Edgeware Road
Edinburgh Meadowbank
Edmonton Elk Mill
Festival Heights
Finsbury Park
Forest Gate
Fulham
Gateshead Metro Centre
Glasgow Govan
Glasgow Pollokshaws Road
Glasgow Renfield Street
Hackney
Halifax
Halifax
Haley Hill Drive Thru
Handsworth
Harrow Weald Drive Thru
Heaton Chapel
High Wycombe Retail Park
Hounslow West
Leeds Road Junction 27 Junction 9
Keighley
Kilburn
Birmingham Kings Heath
Lea Bridge Road Drive Thru
Meanwood
Leicester
Leicester High Street
Leicester Services
Leyton Leyton Mills
Leytonstone
Liverpool
Chaloner Street
Luton
Manchester Fort
Newport West
Northampton
Nottingham Alfreton Rd
Oxford
Paddington
Peacocks Shopping Centre
Perry Bar
Peterborough
London Road
Deepdale Reading
Broadstreet
Rochdale
Kingsway
Seven Kings
Seven Sisters
Sheffield Queens Road
Sheffield Arena Drive Thru
Slough Queensmere Centre
Southall
Stoke Newington
Stratford
Streatham
Teeside Retail Park
Tottenham Court Road
Tottenham Hale
Tower Hill
Tyrell Street
Upton Park
Walthamstow
Walworth Road
Wembley
Westfield Stratford
Westgate Retail Park Drive Thru
Whitechapel
Woking
Wood Green Restaurant

We have worked with the Halal Food Authority to understand the requirements involved in supplying and producing halal approved products. We are delighted that the HFA have certified KFC's products in these stores, and the store environments, as halal.

Another key consideration for us was that we were able to ensure that the halal certified chicken would also meet the rigorous animal welfare standards we employ in the UK, and we consulted leading animal welfare groups about this. We are pleased to say that there will be no compromise to our welfare standards.

We continue to insist that our poultry is stunned before slaughter, using a technique called 'stun-to-stun'. We only buy high quality, Grade A, farm-assured chicken from trustworthy suppliers, who are contractually required to meet or exceed all relevant UK and EU legislation and this will not change.

You will find that our food is just as tasty and finger lickin' good as it has always been! Frequently Asked Questions

1. Why have you decided to trial halal in these stores?

Feedback from consumers has indicated that there is significant demand for halal food from KFC, and we've chosen these stores as they are in areas where we expect demand for halal restaurants. Wherever possible, we have taken steps to ensure that these restaurants are within a 7 mile radius of a non-halal store in order to cater to all of our customers' needs.

2. How long will the trial last?

There is no set time frame. We will evaluate both customer feedback and the commercial success of the trial to establish whether it is something we will continue with. During this time, we expect our trial to evolve, and some stores may join or leave the trial.

3. What does this mean for my store? What will change?

There will be no change to the great taste of our products. 'Halal' is an Arabic word which simply means 'permitted' or 'allowed'. For our chicken to be halal accredited, a verse is recited from the Qu'ran by an appropriate person at the point of slaughter. All non-halal products will be removed from the relevant restaurants. This includes pork products, bacon will not be served in our halal trial stores. The Big Daddy is the only item out of more than forty on our menu that our halal stores will not be serving.

4. How will I know which restaurants are halal and which are not?

See the list of participating stores provided above. Our halal restaurants will also feature the HFA (Halal Food Authority) logo on the door.

5. Why have you chosen my store?

We have chosen a number of stores that are located within areas where we anticipate demand for a halal offer from KFC. However, we are committed to offering our customers choice and there is a non-trial restaurant in close proximity. The restaurant manager will be able to provide you with the address details should you need them.

6. Who will supply your halal chicken for this trial?

For our fresh Original Recipe chicken on the bone, we are buying from a reputable supplier who has been audited and accredited by the HFA to ensure that their systems and processes fully comply with halal requirements. We will continue to purchase only high quality, A-Grade farm assured chicken from the same leading suppliers used by Britain's' major retailers. All of our suppliers, whether halal or otherwise, are contractually required to meet or exceed all UK and EU legislation on welfare.

7. Does this mean your animal welfare standards have changed?

No, not at all. We will always only purchase high quality, Grade A, farm-assured chicken from the same leading suppliers used by Britain's major retailers. We remain committed to the same animal welfare standards and continue to insist that our poultry is stunned before slaughter, using a technique called 'stun-to-stun' - a pain free process that makes the animal insensible to pain and suffering. All our suppliers are contractually required to meet or exceed all relevant UK and EU legislation.

8. What are the requirements for HFA halal accreditation?

The HFA accredits a significant number of restaurants and food suppliers in the UK to ensure that the edicts and requirements for halal accreditation are strictly followed and adhered to. The three main requirements for halal accreditation are:

The animal/bird is not dead prior to slaughter All blood is drained A verse from the Qu'ran is read by an appropriate person at the time of slaughter.

9. Is KFC's halal chicken stunned before slaughter?

Yes, due to our strict animal welfare standards, we insist that all our poultry is stunned before slaughter. Our halal chicken has been accredited by the Halal Food Authority, one of the most widely recognised bodies in the UK and overseas. It allows the use of a technique called 'stun-to-stun' - a pain free process that makes the animal insensible to pain and suffering. A verse is also recited from the Qu'ran at the point of slaughter by an appropriate person and the poultry will not come into contact with non-halal meat at any point in the supply chain. The HFA accreditation which is clearly signposted in the participating restaurants allows us to offer halal accredited meat whilst remaining committed to the same animal welfare standards as before, which meet or exceed all relevant UK and EU legislation.

10. Do you use mechanical slaughter?

No, we work with our suppliers and the HFA to ensure that our birds are hand slaughtered maintaining the highest levels of animal welfare. If you have further questions, please call our Customer Careline on 08457 532 532

End Quote.

www.kfc.co.uk/halal
No post ratings

Jump to page:

Quick Reply

CAPTCHA - As you are a guest, you are required to answer the following:

In the above image: What is the word in red?