Taalibah, abu mohammed
Rank Image
Tragic-istan
Brother
#46 [Permalink] Posted on 25th February 2017 14:51
report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
#47 [Permalink] Posted on 2nd March 2017 01:31
The typical, "Look i found a dodgy fatwa of your shaykh so my shaykh is better than yours".

Unlike you i don't blindly follow a shaykh so if he gives a fatwa that's clearly wrong i don't just freeze my brains and follow him in that. At least the salafi fatwa on alcohol is consistent unlike your yours.

Adding alcohol as a carrier is not added alcohol. Does that make any sense? Also if say a lot of food comes on the market with a fair amount of alcohol in them, but not enough to intoxicate, then all those food will transform suddenly from haraam into halaal because of public demand! Don't call it predicament because there's more than plenty food out there without even a trace of alcohol, to still be able to keep our pot bellies intact, let alone survive.

What the salafis say is that those food should never have been haraam in the first place. Don't treat halaal as haraam and then turn it back to halaal again because of public demand.

If you're all going to blindly follow a fatwa then why even bother with the carrier and the public predicament explanation, especially when there's problems with the explanation?
No post ratings
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#48 [Permalink] Posted on 3rd March 2017 12:18

Anonymous wrote:
View original post

Lets compare blind following Sunshine.

Follow (Mufti) Abdullah Patel (HA) BLINDLY:

You end buying a different product for your Samosas, Pastires whatever...

Follow Salafi BLINDLY:

You drink this!

No post ratings
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#49 [Permalink] Posted on 3rd March 2017 12:19
Deobandees may be blind followers but Salafees are DEAF, DUMB, STUPID and then BLIND followers!
No post ratings
Rank Image
Tragic-istan
Brother
#50 [Permalink] Posted on 3rd March 2017 12:22
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

Or just drunk! Lolololol
No post ratings
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#51 [Permalink] Posted on 3rd April 2017 17:00

Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

23rd of March 2017:

nawadir.org/2017/03/31/alcohol-in-jus-rol-puff-pastry/

he Jus-Rol Puff Pastry is Ḥalāl, not least because the alcohol is not sourced from grapes or dates. The firm has been contacted and their reply is outlined below:

“Please be advised that the minimal quantity of alcohol in our Jus Rol Chilled Pastry is added to the dough to maintain the shelf-life of the product. We would like to assure you that the percentage of alcohol present in this product is very low (approximately 1%), with the majority of the alcohol evaporating during cooking.” (Jus-Rol Customer Services, 22 March 2017)

“We can confirm that our alcohol in our pastry products is produced from the yeast fermentation of agricultural substrates (Sugar beet or wheat) followed by a distillation and a rectification.” (Jus-Rol Customer Services, 23 March 2017)

Please note the decision is based on the information provided by the company as of 23 March 2017.

روی مسلم (۱۹۸٥) عن أبي هريرة قال قال رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم: الخمر من هاتين الشجرتين النخلة والعنبة ، قال محمد بن الحسن في الجامع الصغیر (صـ ٤۸٥) عن یعقوب عن أبي حنیفة قال: الخمر حرام قلیلها وكثیرها ، والسكر وهو التي من ماء التمر ونقیع الزبیب إذا اشتد حرام مكروه ، والطلا وهو الذي ذهب أقل من ثلثیه من ماء العنب ، وما سوی ذلك من الأشربة فلا بأس به ، وقال أبو یوسف: ما كان من الأشربة یبقی بعد عشرة أیام فإنی أكرههه وهو قول محمد ، وقال محمد: رجع أبو یوسف إلی قول أبي حنیفة رضي الله عنه ، وقال القدوري (صـ ۲۰٤): الأشربة المحرمة أربعة: الخمر وهي عصير العنب إذا غلى واشتد وقذف بالزبد ، والعصير إذا طبخ حتى ذهب أقل من ثلثيه ، ونقيع التمر والزبيب إذا اشتد ، ونبيذ التمر والزبيب إذا طبخ كل واحد منهما أدنى طبخ حلال وإن اشتد إذا شرب منه ما يغلب في ظنه أنه لا يسكره من غير لهو ولا طرب ، ولا بأس بالخليطين ونبيذ العسل والتين والحنطة والشعير والذرة حلال وإن لم يطبخ ، وراجع المبسوط (۲٤: ۲) وبدائع الصنائع (٥: ۱۱۲) وفتح القدیر (۱۰: ۸۹) والبحر الرائق (۸: ۲٤۷) ورد المحتار (٦: ٤٤۸) وأحسن الفتاوی (۸: ٤۸۸) وتکملة فتح الملهم (۳: ۳٤۲)۔

Allah knows best

Yusuf Shabbir

24 Jumādā al-Thāniyah 1438 / 23 March 2017

Approved by: Mufti Shabbir Ahmad Sahib and Mufti Muhammad Tahir Sahib

I have sent a text about this to Mufti Abdullah patel (HA) and if he responds, I will let you know.

+1 -0
#52 [Permalink] Posted on 11th June 2018 18:14
If someone can correct me... that fatwa from nawadir is saying that the alcohol added to jusrol pastry is halal because it is not from dates and grapes and not enough to intoxicate?

Some chocolates and cakes also have alcohol but not enough to intoxicate. Would they also be ok if I can get confirmation from the manufacturer that the alcohol is not from dates and grapes?
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#53 [Permalink] Posted on 11th June 2018 19:24
Guest-20925 wrote:
View original post

It's better to look into each product separately and investigate each one. Better not to put a blanket rule over everything.
No post ratings
#54 [Permalink] Posted on 11th June 2018 20:39
abu mohammed wrote:
View original post

That's what I meant. I can contact the manufacturer of the specific product to verify the alcohol is not sourced from dates and grapes. Obviously the alcohol in chocolates, cakes and similar foods are only for flavouring purposes or to extend shelf-life and definitely not for intoxication.
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#55 [Permalink] Posted on 11th June 2018 22:29
Guest-20925 wrote:
View original post

Extending shelf life is one thing. Flavouring is another. Refer to Ulama, don't just assume all are halal.
No post ratings
#56 [Permalink] Posted on 12th June 2018 09:15
abu mohammed wrote:
View original post

Yes, I'll double check with them. I know the ulama say for flavouring purposes its allowed. Gmwa and other ulama actually give a blanket ruling. Here's what gmwa says:

"Alcoholic Flavourings: They are permissible due to necessity and public predicament as they are so widely used in the food industry.

Alcohol Extracts e.g. (vanilla, yeast and others): They are permissible due to necessity and public predicament as they are so widely used in the food industry."

Nawadir and others seem to extend that blanket ruling to other purposes too, not just flavouring purposes.

I accidentally got a large box of chocolates which has alcohol in its ingredients. It's definitely for flavouring purposes but I'll double check anyway with nawadir or gmwa.
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#57 [Permalink] Posted on 12th June 2018 09:29
Quote:
I accidentally got a large box of chocolates which has alcohol in its ingredients.

Personally, I would never eat one of these even if they were Halal. However, if given one without knowledge at frist and knowing it's outcome, I guess it would put me at ease (if they were Halal) Otherwise, no way for me, I'd rather eat a kilo of another treat :)
No post ratings

Quick Reply

CAPTCHA - As you are a guest, you are required to answer the following:

In the above image: What part of the day is the background image (it's not day)?