Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
member2, queenie, Yasin, rizmalek, abu mohammed
3 guests appreciate this topic.
Rank Image
London
Brother
#46 [Permalink] Posted on 21st August 2012 16:10
Final Email conversation from Tahira Foods. (first email starting from the bottom)

Sent: 21 August 2012 15:50
To: Abu Mohammed
Subject: RE: Tahira Foods website enquiry

They are slaughtered by hand by Muslim.

Tahira Foods Limited
Alperton House
Bridgewater Road
Alperton HA0 1EH

Tel: + 44 20 8795 3113
Fax: + 44 20 8795 4224

Sent: 21 August 2012 15:24
To: info@tahira.com
Subject: Re: Tahira Foods website enquiry

Jazakallahu khair, Alhumdulillah.

Just to confirm in that case, the sheep, goats, lamb, cows etc are NOT stunned.
But are they slaughtered by hand and by a Muslim slaughter man following the standard Islamic method and no machine used to slaughter?

The reason I ask is because according to Shaykh Yusuf al qardawi, any meat slaughtered by the people of the book is halal NO MATTER HOW IT IS SLAUGHTERED.

Jazakallahu khair.

Sent from my HTC

----- Reply message -----
To: Abu Mohammed
Subject: Tahira Foods website enquiry
Date: Tue, Aug 21, 2012 3:12 pm

No there is no stunning.

Tahira Foods Limited
Alperton House
Bridgewater Road
Alperton HA0 1EH

Tel: + 44 20 8795 3113
Fax: + 44 20 8795 4224

Abu Mohammed
Sent: 21 August 2012 13:40
To: info@tahira.com
Subject: Re: Tahira Foods website enquiry

I am very pleased with the way you have helped me with my queries.

However, one last thing please.

It is not clear what the process is with the sheep and cows etc. Do they go through the stunning process too as well as mechanical slaughter (which I doubt) or are they shot or gassed before slaughtering.

This final query will help me understand better with regards to your meat.

Jazakallahu khair.

Sent from my HTC

report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#47 [Permalink] Posted on 21st August 2012 16:12
Company Outcome

THEY STUN AND MECHANICALLY SLAUGHTER THEIR CHICKENS HOWEVER THEY DO NOT STUN OR MECHANICALLY SLAUGHTER THEIR SHEEP, LAMB, COWS ETC.
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#48 [Permalink] Posted on 21st August 2012 16:33

"Anonymous" wrote:
Assalamu Alaikum Brother Abu Muhammed - Do you know of any Muslim business that rears its own animals and slaughters them without stunning? Or atleast if they do not rear them but who slaughter correctly. I have started doubting HMC also since they started to supply Asda. Jazaakallhu khair. Was Salaam

Do I know any Muslim Business' --- To be honest, I have no idea about this trade. I just want Halal Food. I have done this thread for my benefit and for the benefit of all those who want to eat only Halal too.

Having said that, what I have found is that;

The UK Standards Agency asks for meat to be slaughtered in a certain manner, i.e. Stunned. Sometimes the chicken can be stunned to kill or stunned to stun only. Having said that, The UK Standards Agency allows for Halal and Kosher Meat and Poultry NOT to stun. Therefore, there is the chance of buying HMC certified products in our Supermarkets.

The BIG Problem here is that these Abattiors mass produce to meet everyones needs except the Muslims. They certify the meat as Halal when supplying the Halal Market and dont certify if the buyer doesnt require Halal. This way, they are in business and they do not make a loss in the Dunya.

For example, the Meat supplied to Wembley stadium is Halal according to the supplier, but Wembley Stadium dont ask for it to be Halal. On top of that, the Meat suppliers stun their animal (Sheep) until their eyes roll back and then slaughter it, all inside 15 seconds. See the video posted earlier.

No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#49 [Permalink] Posted on 21st August 2012 16:55

I was wrong!
No post ratings
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#50 [Permalink] Posted on 21st August 2012 23:47

"abu mohammed" wrote:

The UK Standards Agency asks for meat to be slaughtered in a certain manner, i.e. Stunned. Sometimes the chicken can be stunned to kill or stunned to stun only. Having said that, The UK Standards Agency allows for Halal and Kosher Meat and Poultry NOT to stun. Therefore, there is the chance of buying HMC certified products in our Supermarkets.

DEFRA i believe is the relevant authority that produces the guidance aswell as enforces it i.e. there isnt, far as i know, an executive defra agency that Defra has delegated enforcement to as is the case, i believe, with other industries such as fishing where the policy/guidance is set by Defra however the enforcement of that policy is delagated to the MMO which in itself is a executive agency of Defra. However this is only, far as i know, for England. Im not too sure what the case is wrt the divolved Gov of Wales, Scotland and Ireland (who on many issues have their own rules different from England)

Wrt 'UK Standard Agency' i believe your referring to the Food Standard Agency..

No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#51 [Permalink] Posted on 21st August 2012 23:50
Jazakallahu khair, I'm no expert in this field. Just doing some homework.
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
London
Brother
#52 [Permalink] Posted on 24th August 2012 14:29
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
London
Brother
#53 [Permalink] Posted on 24th August 2012 14:42
Asda Sell ShAzan Halal food, from what I've read from brother Muadh is that in Pakistan there is a Qadyani firm operating by the name of ShEzan.

Others have mentioned that the logo looks the same and other mention that they are Barelwi's from Preston.

Is there more on this please.

Qadyani Zabihah is Haram for us.
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#54 [Permalink] Posted on 24th August 2012 14:53

This company started up last year.

No Idea who approves these people, I read it may be owned by some Ahle Hadith Brothers, but I cant verify that.

These products are widely sold in all the major supermarkets ASDA (Walmart), J.Sainsbury, Morrisons, Tesco,
Aramark, and many more.

No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#55 [Permalink] Posted on 28th August 2012 10:27
I have received an email from the above, World Foods.

The brother has said that all the products are UNSTUNNED and that they will be updating thier website regarding the information very soon.

He also mentioned that the Asiya product were HMC certified and that Aisha breaded poppers were HFA approved. (i'm not sure if the two names he has given was a typo rt two different companies)
No post ratings
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#56 [Permalink] Posted on 28th August 2012 11:20
Jzk for the Asiya Tesco pic above - brought 3 packets y'day (their chicken and lamb burgers and nuggets), will give em a try when school/work routine starts again from next week...
No post ratings
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#57 [Permalink] Posted on 28th August 2012 11:47

"abu mohammed" wrote:
Asda Sell ShAzan Halal food, from what I've read from brother Muadh is that in Pakistan there is a Qadyani firm operating by the name of ShEzan. Others have mentioned that the logo looks the same and other mention that they are Barelwi's from Preston. Is there more on this please. Qadyani Zabihah is Haram for us.

Asslamo Allaikum,

This is Shazan (Preston) which has products in ASDA & TESCO, can you kindly send an email to them as well?

www.shazans.com/

Jazakullah Khairun

No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#58 [Permalink] Posted on 28th August 2012 13:18
I'm waiting for their response. (Shazan's)

As you have seen, there are some who reluctant to comment. We will just have to wait and see the out come.

Jazakallahu Khair.
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#59 [Permalink] Posted on 28th August 2012 14:59

"abu mohammed" wrote:

DO NOT ALLOW MECHANICAL SLAUGHTER

DO NOT ALLOW STUNNING

SOURCE

Mechanical slaughter is of three types:

1. Chickens are transported to the place of slaughter through a conveyer belt and are manually slaughtered. If there is certainty that the chicken is alive and the Muslim slaughterer recites the name of Allah upon slaughtering, then the chicken is Halaal. In this case, only the transportation is mechanical but the slaughtering is manual. This procedure is unanimously permissible and recommended.

1. Chickens are transported by means of the conveyer belt to the mechanical slaughter blade. Once the mechanical plant comes into operation, the blade also comes into operation and cuts the chicken. This procedure is not permissible. It does not matter if the plant and the blades are controlled together or separately.

1. The chickens are transported by means of the conveyer belt to many slaughter blades and a Muslim who recites the name of Allah upon affecting the mechanical slaughter controls every blade separately. This procedure conforms to the principles of Sharée Zabh set out by the Fuqahaa. According to our knowledge, such a procedure does not yet exist. (AHF Editor Comment, we use this method in Fukuoka)

THE USE OF ELECTRIC SHOCK ON ANIMALS

With regards to meat that is not slaughtered according to Islamic rites, it is not Halal because of the effect electric shock (stunning) on blood drainage.

In regular meat slaughterhouses, animals are brought into an alley and given an electric shock (stunned) before Dhabh (slaughtering) to the head to make them unconscious. The animal’s legs are then tied up and it is hung upside down. A knife is put to its neck, and then it is slaughtered. The animal is then temporarily left alone to allow the blood to drain from its body. From there, the meat is processed. But using electric shock (stunning), means that all of the animal’s blood does not leave its body, because electric shock (stunning) affects the central nervous system and as many of the animal are die from effect of stunning.

On the contrary, if an animal is slaughtered in accordance with Islamic guidelines, the central nervous system works properly, and the entire animal’s blood comes out.

Remaining blood in the animal is a source of fermentation and destruction of meat quality. This means bacteria can grow easily on the meat. From an Islamic perspective, it is Haram to eat meat-containing blood, and dead animal as it is clearly stated in the Qur’an that Muslims cannot consume blood.

These products can be found in Tesco also, Alhumdulillah

+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#60 [Permalink] Posted on 28th August 2012 15:09
and Asda too (one in B'ham and the other in Leyton). Tesco Seven Sisters opened one too a couple months back (they usually have a special offer on their medium sized chickens!)
No post ratings

Quick Reply

CAPTCHA - As you are a guest, you are required to answer the following:

In the above image: What colour is the text 'ABC' written in?