You have contributed 0.0% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
Seifeddine-M, abu mohammed
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#1 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd April 2012 22:05

Does anybody know how you can tell whether apple juice is halal or not? i have heard that the process through which some apple juices are made it is makes it no longer  vegeterian. So how would be able to tell because the ingredients only says 100% apple. You do get apple juices that say vegeterian but what if it doesnt say it, does this mean its not halal?

report post quote code quick quote reply
+1 -0
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#2 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd April 2012 22:23
personally speaking wrt apple juices in most cases i only buy the ones that are marked suitable for veggies due the refining/clarifing issue. theres usually a number on the box/bottle you can call if there isnt a veggie symbol but in most cases i cant be asked calling and wont buy it ......
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#3 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd April 2012 22:52
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#4 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd April 2012 23:03
Alhumdulillah, you'll be surprised what this website (muftisays) contains. Allahu Akbar.

SOURCE

THURSDAY, MARCH 20, 2008 Apple Juice Haram?

Apple Juice is made from Halal fruit Apple and the ingredients statement says it is 100% apple juice. However, during the processing of apple juice, the colloidal material and coarse suspended solids cause cloudiness to apple juice. In order to make apple juice clear, a clarification process is needed. Pork or beef gelatin tannin precipitation is used for this clarification.

Many apple juice producers still use this method. An apple juice company's 800 number can be found on an apple juice package, which does not have a kosher symbol on it. If you call this number, the operator will say that their apple juice does not contain animal derived ingredients and alcohol. However, the pork gelatin-tannin is a processing aid ingredient or hidden ingredient. This juice becomes Haram because of a contamination of pork gelatin.

muslimconsumergroup.com

www.muftisays.com/qa.php?highlight=%20assalamo&question=7...

(read all of Maulana Yasins notes at the bottom of the q&a link)
No post ratings
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#5 [Permalink] Posted on 24th April 2012 14:38

"abu mohammed" wrote:
Alhumdulillah, you'll be surprised what this website (muftisays) contains. Allahu Akbar. SOURCE THURSDAY, MARCH 20, 2008 Apple Juice Haram? Apple Juice is made from Halal fruit Apple and the ingredients statement says it is 100% apple juice. However, during the processing of apple juice, the colloidal material and coarse suspended solids cause cloudiness to apple juice. In order to make apple juice clear, a clarification process is needed. Pork or beef gelatin tannin precipitation is used for this clarification. Many apple juice producers still use this method. An apple juice company’s 800 number can be found on an apple juice package, which does not have a kosher symbol on it. If you call this number, the operator will say that their apple juice does not contain animal derived ingredients and alcohol. However, the pork gelatin-tannin is a processing aid ingredient or hidden ingredient. This juice becomes Haram because of a contamination of pork gelatin. muslimconsumergroup.com www.muftisays.com/qa.php?highlight=%20assalamo&questi... (read all of Maulana Yasins notes at the bottom of the q&a link)

Asslamo Allaikum,

We only buy Fresh-Squeezed Juices for kids and not canned/tinned stuff but I have sent a query to ASDA anyways and will publish their response here.

Jazakullah Khairun

No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#6 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd May 2012 15:53

one of the main reason i started this topic was because i bought an XXL apple juice carton which did not say suitable for vegeterian, but that same carton the normal size one said it. so i was ina doubt whther the xxl one was halal. I contacted the shop from where i purchased it from(i.e lidl) and they got back to me today. The person called and told me that the XXL apple juice is not vegeterian even though the same normal size oneis . Its a shame i didnt ask the person the reason why it wasnt vegetreian, it occured to me afterwards.  This just shows we got to be soo careful just because an item is halal does not mean every kind of it whether it is small large snack size family size e.t.c is halal

photo (17).JPG
Downloads: 221
    [1196.81 kB]
+2 -0Like x 2
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#7 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd May 2012 16:15
Jazakallah khair, very helpful.
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#8 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd May 2012 19:01
Jazakallah for that update sister.

It just shows, larger quantities of any other product doesn't mean they contain the same ingredients.

I remember my dad once asking me.to confirm if the funsize chocolates were halal or not because the bigger pack had the symbols and the smaller ones didn't.

Ingredients change due to weather conditions and and size.

Always double check.

My kids take a mini packet of biscuits for packed lunch (iced gems) but the ingredients keep on changing. We just let it go.
No post ratings

Quick Reply

CAPTCHA - As you are a guest, you are required to answer the following:

In the above image: What colour is the text 'ABC' written in?