Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open

Boycott Till Care is taken

You have contributed 25.5% of this topic

Topic Poll

Please vote to view the results or click here to see results
Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
To appreciate this topic, click 'Appreciate Topic' on the right.
UK
Brother
#1 [Permalink] Posted on 11th September 2004 16:01
Everything is doubtful. The hearts of many Muslims are not content with the likes of McD's, Pizza Hut, Nando's etc. Is it not enough to wonder regarding the food there being Halal or Haram that when a Muslim eats from this shop, his heart is not happy or content with its food?

Many do not even care to find out. Should the owner, managers, directors & main bodies of these restaurants, take aways & companies not know that we Muslims do actually care about Halal & Haram?

I want to hear the Muslims view on this. The Ulamaa will also give their verdicts on here regarding eating in these places.
report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
#2 [Permalink] Posted on 13th September 2004 10:59
Assalamu alaikum my dearest broda in the deen (big up- a new word i learnt today at my english class)

well.. u know wot bruv (another alfaaaz ive learnt) All this Mc'donaldshonalds...pitza-sheetza wagaira wagaira restaurant all do give us ppl the option to ASK if the food they are providing is "halaal" the thing is us ppl fall into the misconception that if everything that is "suitable for vegeterians" it is automatically halaal....unfortunately thats not always the case...there was this scare at ur local McDon's a while back that the chipz were cooked in the same thail... i mean oil as the other haraam products (i dunno must b their keema burger) and well... thats DISGUSTING...HAINA? bilkul daroost!! (means totally correct. So imagine that ppl...eating chipz that have been cooked in the same oil as their haram product... so all u uk'erz watch out. I went to pizzahut yday..and again i was gonna tuck into this choclate fudge cake...then i realised ...there was no vegiterian signal on it.. i called for the waiter and informed me... that it contained ingrediants that are NOT suitable for vegeterians, i was devastated (i bet u all as well)

so see... yasin bhai it's a good issue u have raised...but the responsibilty is ours to ASK...and not simply do paait pooja at these restuarants.

You know wot...i've forgotten the initial topic...it was to do with asking right? o well ASK!

i best go now..

wasalamu alaikum
aap ka aapna WASIM! :)
+0 -0Bad Spelling x 1
UK
Brother
#3 [Permalink] Posted on 6th October 2004 09:25
Nice long essay once again.

As you may be aware, these places do not have the best record of saying the truth. Majority do not know the difference between suitable for vegetarians & Halaal. I myself has asked regarding suitability and it took more than 5 minutes for me to explain. By then my hunger was gone.

The point i'm making is that asking is not enough. We can not just take their word for it as all they see is money, and all we see are the juicy burgers. In that case, eventually, no one will care and also Kuffar will see that the way to good business is just say it is Halaal.

Yes, if you are saying we ask and then try look into it in a little detail, then you make a good valid point but simply asking is not an option, it's just filling ur tummies.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Bismillaahi Allaahu
Unspecified
#4 [Permalink] Posted on 28th October 2004 12:54
Alhamdulillaah, a group called HMC (Halal Monitoring Committee) began in Leicester and has now spread to London too. This group has people who spend whole days monitoring chickens being slaughtered, making sure they are not stunned and that if they are dunked into hot water then the temperature is appropriate according to shariah. They check that the chickens and meat are slaughtered in a completely halal way leaving no room for any doubt. They 'HMC certify' places who are continuously monitiored and at present there are 4 butchers in London who are certified. Restaurants also get certified but there are none in London yet (a'la pizza is on the verge of getting certified). The following butchers are currently certified in London:

1) AM & Sons
84-88 Belgrave Rd
Ilford
020 8554 4030

2) Bismillah Halal meat & Poultry
70 Upton Lane
Forest Gate
020 8548 0992

3) Al-Hijaaz store
57 Plashet Grove
Upton Park
07709 021 806

4) Dial-A-Chicken
Home Delivery Service
020 8491 7898

You can check the latest places on their site (www.halalmc.org). Also if you have some free time on your hands and can volunteer for them let me know, jazakallaah.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#5 [Permalink] Posted on 31st October 2004 05:38
Salam, i reckon that as soon as their is an established system in london to monitor Halal meat, all places should be boycotted 100% and let them know that until they do not provide Halal meat and also get certified by such firms, they will receive no business from Muslims (Even if they are Muslim)

I dont see anything wrong in that, in fact i see a need for that. So good topic raised here.

Bro Ridwan, i heard about HMC a while ago but they're moving very very slow in London. Many shops, take aways, providers etc haven't even heard about them. I pray they succeed in their efforts, Ameen.
No post ratings
#6 [Permalink] Posted on 6th December 2004 12:28
Most super markets are owned by Jews.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#7 [Permalink] Posted on 6th December 2004 17:44
I agree with Striver and i'm sure 99.9% of the Muslims agree that boycott would make a huge difference. If even 10% of the Muslims were to boycott Jewish products, there would be a huge difference. But the post above Strivers posts looks like the person wants the Jews to earn more from Muslims, I've noticed the message has been edited by the Admin for a good reason (seems like it's to avoid Fitnah) but his original message said, "Good Luck with YOUR boycott."

So Striver, Alhamdulillah, I am sure everyone agrees with you and you never know, InshaAllah one day there might be a difference.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#8 [Permalink] Posted on 7th December 2004 16:36
Join the boycott? If i know a major product is jewish, i already try my utmost best to try another solution. I know wot u mean by not benig 99.9%, i was just gutted at that Guest's comment.

To tell u the truth, in my own area, i have noticed how many Muslims have stopped McD's. My cousin sister who's mum brought sumfin at a really cheap price from marks & spencers (howeva it's spelt) said, "Why but from there? It's a Yahood company who sponsor the Israeli army" in anger.

Her mum said something like it was so cheap, almost at cost price, i doubt they even made profit on it. So she replied, "Even if they made a penny or two, it's probably enough to cover the cost of a bullet which could soon hit a child in palestine." That kinda shook her mum Alhamdulillah

There's people with those kind of concerns too so Alhamdulillah it aint just me or you. There's people everywhere with the same concerns and in fact, seeing hundreds of new offers at these McD's, Coke etc, the only meaning i can take is how many Muslims have stopped going or buying and how much business they have lost.

Also, I can tell you one more thing, there are more ppl starting the boycott than ending it. So if the Guest is so proud of Jewish economy and thinking it wont make a difference, hear me out bro/sis, "It has made a difference"
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#9 [Permalink] Posted on 7th December 2004 19:55
Yea completely know what you mean bro. Many here don't bother too. Yea lol my cousin is very sensitive about this issue.

I'm sure there are many ways to convince Muslims of this, but the best method I think is simply let them know what their money can be spent on and the damage it can do. That can get to the heart of someone who cares.

If anyone has links to sites of Shaikh's who have spoke about this boycott, please let me know. Jazak...

Wsalam
No post ratings
#10 [Permalink] Posted on 9th December 2004 11:49
"Also, I can tell you one more thing, there are more ppl starting the boycott than ending it. So if the Guest is so proud of Jewish economy and thinking it wont make a difference, hear me out bro/sis, "It has made a difference""

If it has, I'd like to see some evidence.

The whole boycotting mentality followed to its logical conclusion would mean that no Muslim would be able to live in the United States. Every Citizen contributes through taxes to the wealth of the US. The US contributes millions of dollars to Israel and in turn Israel buys weapons which are used against Muslims. The logical conclusion to this is we shouldn't contribute to the wealth of the US. This means boycotting most food, drink, car, clothing, etc companies. It also means that those Muslims in the US need to relocate.

The United kingdom joins in most military campaigns waged by the US and is 100% supportive of their. The UK special forces work in close coalition with the US military. Every UK citizen pays taxes which contribute to the British military which in turn is used by the US Which as already established supports Israel with weapons and wealth. So in order for the boycott to work we all need to stop paying taxes. We can't do that while living in the UK so we all need to leave and relocate to a Muslim country.

I'm sure you'd agree that the whole idea of every muslim leaving the US and UK is a stupid one.

Boycotting certain products is fine if you feel it helps. However terms like "cousin Sister"(considering your cousin a sister) do more visible damage to the ummah than having a nokia in your pocket.

Just my opinion and seeing as the admins probably disagree I expect this to be deleted.
No post ratings
UK
Brother
#11 [Permalink] Posted on 9th December 2004 17:07
Quote:
If it has, I'd like to see some evidence.[/quote]
This is not something that the media have statistics about. This is not something which leaves physical evidence behind once someone starts. This is not something where open surveys are carried out. This is more of an individual effort rather than an open group effort. You asking for proof is one of the reasons many of your posts have been moved, not erased.

Quote:
The logical conclusion to this is we shouldn't contribute to the wealth of the US

[quote]We can't do that while living in the UK so we all need to leave and relocate to a Muslim country

You mentality is, what's the point of saving Israel from one bullet when so much of the wealth is going to Israel anyway?

Firstly, do you not agree that knowing where the profit is ending up, like some led in an innocent palestinian child, it would "logically" be wiser not buy from there?

Secondly, If you had a stack of money, say 1 million pounds, it was burning and the burning reached £600,000. I'm sure you would save the other £400,000 and not keep this mentality of yours that why boycott and save little amounts when most of it is already gone!

As for the cousin sister statement. I'm sure she's already made a massive difference. Not only does your statement not make any sense, it also sounds like her actions (as well as many others' actions) has effected you in some way.

If you do not wish to be supportive towards the Muslims and cause Fitnah, please consider Rule 2.8 before saying your post might be erased. This matter will be left in the hands of the Ulamaa to judge whether the purpose is Fitnah, or benefit.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#12 [Permalink] Posted on 9th December 2004 21:45
Excellent reply Bro Yasin, Masha-Allah. And I don't blame you either for moving his posts.

Striver, yes insha-Allah I support every thought of yours regarding boycott and i'm a strong believer that it makes a difference
No post ratings
#13 [Permalink] Posted on 10th December 2004 16:14
Yep. Excellent reply Mashallah.
Its a FACT that it makes a difference.
Btw I mentioned your named at www.xstriverx.blogspot.com
Its got to do with the boycott thing. Hope you dont mind.
No post ratings
#14 [Permalink] Posted on 11th December 2004 20:26
Please help me out. That day I went to McDonalds and there I saw a framed certificate, confirming that "All products used by McDonalds are absolutely Halal" and was signed by a recognised Islamic board of Pakistan. Please tell me can we still buy these products.
I have nnever seen any such thing in Pizza Hut.
No post ratings
UK
Brother
#15 [Permalink] Posted on 11th December 2004 21:31
Dinky mind, is the McDonalds you are refering to in Pakistan or another country? Also, do you know who the certificate was issued by?
No post ratings

Quick Reply

CAPTCHA - As you are a guest, you are required to answer the following:

In the above image: What colour is the text 'Yellow' written in?