Topic Appreciation
abu mohammed, ummi taalib, Yasin, Taalibah, AishaZaynap, Maripat, Abu Salma
1 guest appreciates this topic.
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#16 [Permalink] Posted on 31st October 2013 09:18
Quote:
Alhumdulillah it was through my experiences with them that I studied more about the madhabs and became stronger in my own hanafi madhab. I have a lot to thank them for.... (hamd) [/quote]

exactly what happened to me...through getting involved with group of sisters who were looking into opening an Islamic school in our area many years ago , I became aware. The first book they gave me was the prayer one (mentioned in one of the posts) and i was seriously lost! Before that I didn't know what a madhab was! Allah subhaanahu wata'ala opened up many doors and truly guided me (otherwise I could've been arguing with you guys about being a Muslim or a hanafi) Alhamdulillaahi Rabbil 'aalameen!

@ bro muadh:
[quote]Shaykh Al-Albani (RA) never really studied under proper Scholars and never attended an instititude

this is what I was looking for however in a more solid way i.e. on a Q/A or article on an authentic site.

Q. What about the book "Al-Albani Unveiled"? Just pulled it out cause I read it years ago and have forgotten if this info is in it.
report post quote code quick quote reply
+1 -0
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#17 [Permalink] Posted on 31st October 2013 10:11
I was also given this book and I also had no ideas what Madhabs were so I followed it....
No post ratings
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#18 [Permalink] Posted on 31st October 2013 10:36

Shaykh Al-Albani (RA) learned the basics of Hanafi Fiqh under his father Shaykh Nuh Al-Albani (RA) but then went onto study Hadeeth by himself in the library. One of his very first projects was Takhreej of Imam Ghazali (RA)'s book Ihya Ulumud-deen and this was done in 1950's.

By the 1960's he was becoming popular in Syria so the Syrian Government began to put restrictions on him. The Saudi Scholars invited him to teach at Madina university and he left to escape the persecution of the Syrian Government around 1961.

He DID NOT study Hadeeth under a Scholar but in a library and self-taught himself.

This is such a well known fact that nobody denies it and it is mentioned in the talks about his life in Arabic, English and Urdu by his students. The fact that he didn't have a teacher is taken to mean that he wasn't influenced by anyone and he didn't blind follow anyone and it is deemed as a virtue by those who ascribe to the School of Shaykh Al-Albani (RA). This fact is undisputed!

Here is a talk by Abu Usamah and this is his talk at GreenLane Mosque which is the center of Ahl-e-Hadeeth in UK, listen to the first 15 minutes to get confirmation of what I am saying...

Halalified YT Audio

This talk is a sign of serious exaggaeration on part of Shaykh Al-Albani (RA)'s fans where they elevate him to be a Mujaddid of this century!

+1 -0
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#19 [Permalink] Posted on 31st October 2013 11:50
Brother Muadh,

Shaykh Dr. Abul Hasan Hussain Ahmed advised that you should have mentioned some of the following for the sake of fairness:

Muadh made some useful observations.á I am surprised he did not know of the 4 part radd on al-Albani by the Deobandi Muhaddith - Habibur Rahman al-A'zami, as well as the defence of Imam Abu Hanifa being thiqa by the Deobandi Shaykh Abdar Rashid al-Nu'mani in radd to al-Albani (uploaded on darultahqiq.com). Also, how he came to this point is beyond me:

In 1989 during a visit to Saudi Arabia (Khobar) Shaykh (RA) was asked if he adhered to the Dhahiri (Madhab) School to which he replied "YES" and this could be the reason for his loosing his job and getting kicked out.

Also, he claimed al-Shawkani was also a Zahiri.. what is the proof?

See the following Salafi defence of al-Albani where his so called Zahiri link was dismissed -
theauthenticbase.wordpress.com/2009/11/20/nine-points-in-...

Quote:

Quote:
6 - Their claim that: He is Zahiri (Dhahiri) in his Mazhab
That accusation too is lacking any evidence. The reality is that describing the People of Hadith (Ahl Alhdeeth) as people of Zahir, is from the words that we hear from time to time, which is why describing Shaykh Al-Albani by it is not that surprising since he is from Ahl Alhdeeth!

And to get rid of the confusion that might be stuck to the minds of a few, we have to raise the following questions:

Did the Shaykh declare in any of his books that he is a follower of the Zahiri Mazhab?

Is just the fact that the Shaykh references the books of Ibn Hazm enough to mean that he is a Dhahiri?

That and Shaykh Al-Albani [May Allah have mercy on him] in many instances would blame [and refute] Ibn Hazm Al-Dhahiri [for holding certain opinions]. In "Tamam Al-Minah" for example, p. 160, [Shaykh Al-Albani] said: "Contrary to what Ibn Hazm clattered around ..."

And in the same book p.162, he said: "And Ibn Hazm took an odd stance as he usually does by clenching to his Dhahiria".

And from the books of Al-Albani [May Allah have mercy on him] is a book where he replies and refutes Ibn Hazm in the matter of musical instruments.

That is why Ahl Alhdeeth - and Al-Albani from amongst them - are the furthest away from all the flaws that the scholars have recorded on the Dhahiria.

However, as the Shaykh [May Allah have mercy on him] stated in many occasions, among them in his book "Sifat Salat Al-Nabi" that part of his methodology is that he follows the Hadith and the Athaar, and does not abandon them, while having respect for all the scholars and benefiting from their Fiqh and understanding.

-----------------

I am also surprised that he knew al-Albani had very few teachers but did not mention that al-Albani never really studied the books of hadith and mustalah with any Shaykh let alone Shaykh Raghib al-Tabbakh.

Muadh should have also mentioned that there are more than 40 books refuting al-Albani and some are by his own fellow Salafis.á I wonder why he did not mention that Sh. Abdal Fattah Abu Ghudda - who was pro-Deoband - also refuted al-Albani, and so did some of his Shuyukh and students like - Abdullah al-Ghumari, Abdar Rashid Nu'mani, Mahmud Saeed Mamduh, Muhammad Awwama and even the Sylheti Shaykh - Mawlana Shamim (Deobandi) on a narration to do with Raf'ul yadayn (it is in print)...

I could say more, but i will stop here inshaAllah.

Wassalam
+3 -0Like x 1Winner x 1
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#20 [Permalink] Posted on 31st October 2013 11:54

StudentOfTheDeen wrote:
View original post

Masha'Allah and Marhabah to Shaykh and please feel free to comment. The thread is still developing so I will add the rest. The only question I have is this:

I am also surprised that he knew al-Albani had very few teachers but did not mention that al-Albani never really studied the books of hadith and mustalah with any Shaykh let alone Shaykh Raghib al-Tabbakh.

Where did I claim that he studied under Shaykh Raghib Al-Tabbakh in the whole thread?

No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#21 [Permalink] Posted on 31st October 2013 12:02
Please do not make inferences upon Shaykh's words. He was just making an observation that al-Albani had never studied with Shaykh Raghib al-Tabbakh. He never claimed that you asserted to Albani having studied with him.
No post ratings
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#22 [Permalink] Posted on 31st October 2013 12:07
StudentOfTheDeen wrote:
View original post

His implication (or anyone's inference) is incorrect as I never said anything like that whatsoever.

+1 -0Agree x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#23 [Permalink] Posted on 31st October 2013 12:13
Assalaamu 'alaykum Brother Studentofdeen

Regarding:

Quote:
Sh. Abdal Fattah Abu Ghudda - who was pro-Deoband - also refuted al-Albani, and so did some of his Shuyukh and students like - Abdullah al-Ghumari, Abdar Rashid Nu'mani, Mahmud Saeed Mamduh, Muhammad Awwama and even the Sylheti Shaykh - Mawlana Shamim (Deobandi) on a narration to do with Raf'ul yadayn (it is in print)...

Is it possible to have links to these refutations - or names of books if they were books?
No post ratings
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#24 [Permalink] Posted on 31st October 2013 12:23

ummi taalib wrote:
View original post

The refutation brought to our attention by noble Shaykh (Dr) Abul Hasan Hussain Ahmed (HA) is by Shaykhul-Hadeeth (Maulana) Muhammad Abdur-Rasheed Naumani (RA) of Karachi with kind assistance from Shaykh Abd al-Fattah Abu Ghudda (RA) and the Arabic work can be read here. It is written to highlight the status of Imam Al-Adham Abu Haneefa (RA) and I don't know if an English translation is available for this book.

Some of the subject matter (not translation) can be read here in English.

No post ratings
Rank Image
nyc
Brother
#25 [Permalink] Posted on 31st October 2013 23:01
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

Salaamualaikum maudh

Wasn't shaikh al albani given a special room in the library in damascus by the syrian authorities where he taught himself Hadeeth? I doubt that he was persecuted by the Syrians. I really feel that he was groomed by other salafees and was influenced by a newspaper called al minar which propagated anti taqleed/ anti mathab mathab by muhammad rasheed ridaa.This is what I read from albani unveiled back 20 years ago. Allahu alim
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#26 [Permalink] Posted on 1st November 2013 07:46
Is the book Al-Albani Unveiled available anywhere online? How reliable/authentic is the book? Who is the author? Was it written originally in English or is it a translation?

A quick Google search takes me to refutations of this book on sites like troid and salafitalk, etc.

Any comments on this book and its author - in general - would be much appreciated.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#27 [Permalink] Posted on 1st November 2013 08:35
+2 -0
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#28 [Permalink] Posted on 1st November 2013 08:47
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#29 [Permalink] Posted on 1st November 2013 09:13
I read somewhere a Mufti saying Saqqaf is a Shi'i. It seems like Saqqaf holds beliefs regarding Sahabah and in particular Mu'awiyah (RA) that is close to or similar to Shi'i beliefs.

Allahu 'Alam
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#30 [Permalink] Posted on 1st November 2013 12:50
No post ratings