Topic Appreciation
abu mohammed
2 guests appreciate this topic.
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#16 [Permalink] Posted on 31st January 2013 13:19

Asslamo Allaikum,

Guidence from a very knowledge Hanafi Brother and an expert on Ahl-e-Hadeeth refutation!

1. Majority of the times you can refute the ignoramous with the Fatawa of Saudi Hanbali Ulamah
  2. Then if the Fatwa is actually the strongest opinion in the Hanafi Madhab then the best:

1. Writings of Imam Tahawi (RA) who converted to Hanafi Madhab and discussed maority of issues in Muskhilul-AthaarSharh Maani Al-Athaar
    2. Super work in defense of the Hanafi Madhab by Imam Nimawi [1278-1322] in Athaarus-Sunan
    3. Super work in defense of the Hanafi Madhab by the nephew of Shaykh (Maulana) Ashraf Ali Thanwi (RA) i.e. Shaykh (Maulana) Zafar Ahmed Usmani Thanwi (RA) in Aalaus-Sunan
    4. 2 & 3 extensively relied upon by Shaykh Abu Yusuf Riyadhul-Haq in his English book Salah of the Believer

Jazakullah Khairun

P.S: My opinion is that if a Fatwa is from certain "Hanafi sites" and "certain Muftees" you don't answer the posts because it is probably not the Hanafi Madhab but a Hazrat Fatwa based on some Malfoozat :-)

report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#17 [Permalink] Posted on 31st January 2013 13:20
Muadh_Khan wrote:
This Sister is about 2 decades late because this was an issue by ignorant Salafees 20 years ago and fights used to break out because Salafees insisted on walking in Masjid with shoes on!

:-) I used to be one of those :-)

In 1996/7 whilst at Uni, I walked into our portacabin prayer room and stood on the edge of the plastic floor mat and offered salah there with my shoes on. At the time, I didn't have much of an idea of what a Salafi was. Anyways, I prayed there as I was getting late and didnt have time to unlace my boots, pray and then lace them up again as I only had enough time to do my fardh before my lecture. (There was no one present at the time of starting Salah)

As I was praying, a Salafi brother walked in and waited for me to finish. He knew I was hanafi and he'd also been to our local mosques once so he knew where I was coming from.

He held me back and started asking me so many questions and was over the moon to see me in my boots. He was so happy even I couldn't believe it.

When I said to him I only did it because I was running late, he told me to stop making excuses and to continue praying like that and revive the Sunnah!

This was one of those occasions when they started looking at us Hanafi's slightly differently (possitively), well at least at my Uni.
No post ratings
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#18 [Permalink] Posted on 31st January 2013 13:25

"ummi taalib" wrote:
)
Quote:
I used to be one of those :-)
on the side of shoes on or off I remember Shaykh Riyadhul Haqq mentioning arguments about this in a lecture a good few years back.... the sister and her cousins are alhamdulillah becoming more practicing...unfortunately bit off track at times due to reading hadith books and and not consulting Ulama... du'as requested

To pray with shoes ON being Mustahab (preferred) is not only Salafi but also Hanafi position as stated by Hazrat Shaykh (Mufti) Yusuf Ludhyanwi Shaheed (RA) provided that cleanliness and other conditions are met

چہارم:… علامہ شوکانی نے جوتوں میں نماز پڑھنے کو مستحب کہا ہے، حدیث شریف کے پیشِ نظر ہمارے نزدیک بھی مستحب ہے، بشرطیکہ مذکورہ بالا اُمور کو ملحوظ رکھا جائے، ورنہ یہی فعل مکروہ ہوگا، چنانچہ بعض اکابر (صحابہو تابعینو ائمہ دین) نے ان شرائط کے بغیر مکروہ قرار دیا ہے، ان اقوال کی تفصیل شیخ کوثریکے مقالات (صفحہ:۱۷۰وما بعد پر) دیکھ لی جائے۔

+1 -0