No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#2 [Permalink] Posted on 15th December 2012 22:56
Quote:
I'm sure many of us have been a victim of such statements as:
"Brother we have to follow the sahih hadith..."
"I will follow a madhab but if it contradicts a sahih hadith I will reject it..."
I don't know how academics can keep a straight face upon hearing such intellectually fallible statements.

This is in fact making a mockery of the deen. How can a person with any basic grounding in Islamic knowledge attribute an entire ruling, on 1 sahih hadith, ignoring its context, period, circumstance e.t.c. and so casually at that?

Many find it patronising and demeaning to see years of seeking knowledge reduced to plucking a sahih hadith and following that. This is extremely dangerous and has lead many people away from the deen as well.

All these sciences have to be taken into consideration [amongst many others] when giving an Islamic verdict [ruling/mas'ala/fatwa]

NOT JUST A SAHIH HADITH:

1) Lugat (Knowledge of the Arabic Language)
2) Nahwa (Knowledge of Arabic Syntax)
3) Sarf (Knowledge of Arabic Grammatical Inflexions)
4) Ishtaqaq (Knowledge of Derivation)
5) Ilm-e-Ma'ani (Knowledge of Arabic Semantics)
6) Ilm-e-Bayaan (Knowledge of Exposition)
7) Ilm-e-Badaa'e (Knowledge of Arabic Rhetoric)
8) Ilm-e-Qir'aat (Knowledge of Arabic Articulation)
9) Ilm-e Akaaid (Knowledge of Islamic Doctrine)
10) Asool-e-Fiqha (the Laws of Islamic Jurisprudence)
11) Asbab-e-Nazool (Reason of Revelation)
12) Nasikh Mansookh (the Abrogated and the One that Abrogates)
13) Ilm-e-Fiqha (Knowledge of Jurisprudence)

No where did the prophet say to follow his hadith, yet he said, "follow my sunnah"
Some people call themselves Salafies but they don't know what the salaf said about the treatment of weak hadith, nor do they adhere to it.
report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
Rank Image
India
Brother
#3 [Permalink] Posted on 30th September 2013 12:31
Well said.
Modern generation is highly vulnerable to this ill-intended-propaganda of corrupted televangelist n other pseudo scholars. This ill propensity is generated in them by listening their lectures or reading their books. Statistical records reveal this fact that many young ppl have transgressed the sharia n have changed into munkirine hadis or even atheists. They dont feel shy to mock at the old generations of this ummah.
Salafi ulama are also responsible for this corruption, rupture n schism. Their followers are losing the respect for the elders, even some of them use filthy language for our pious predecessors.
Planning is needed to work on this matter from grass root level. Our ulama are doing their job though, but it's not enough unless the groups of well educated young ppl endowed with all necessary data are organised in large number to cope with opponents in their modus operandi itself.
Hz Amin Safdar Okarvi rh.a did it.
report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings