Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open

DON'T SAY 'HOLY QUR'AN'

You have contributed 11.1% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
To appreciate this topic, click 'Appreciate Topic' on the right.
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#1 [Permalink] Posted on 7th November 2011 20:08
Asalamu alaikum warahmaullahi wabarakhatu(May the peace,blessings and the mercy of Allah Ta'ala be upon you).Now alot of Muslims i have heared the term 'holy Qur'an.' This is actually a bidat. First of all, in Islam we do not have anything called 'holy Qur'an.' In christianity they have holy prophet, holy bible, holy ghosts. This is because they state Jesus(a.s) is the divine son, meaning equal to god, divine worship. Second of all, holy in arabic is 'muqad-das.' And there is not single verse in the Qur'an which states:'Al-Quraanul-muqad-das.' We have Quraanul majeed,Quraanul kareem...never have i heared the terms, either from hadeeth or Qur'an which states:'Al Quraanul Muqad das.'And we have no right to add it to the religion if it was not legislated through Qur'an or hadeeth.

Also do not say 'Holy prophet' either.One reason why is if christians were to listen to one of your speech and you mention the term 'Holy Prophet' then they may get the wrong idea that Muslims have a divine prophet, meaning equal to Allah.
report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
UK
Brother
#2 [Permalink] Posted on 8th November 2011 00:05
Assalamu Alaykum,

The above is incorrect. Please do not post rulings without sources.

To say Holy Qur'aan is permissible and not Bid'ah
To say Holy Prophet is permissible and not Shirk.
A person can be holy without it meaning divine.

To say any word of respect for the Qur'aan or any prophet is permissible as long as it doesn't entitle or uniquely label contrary to what the Qur'aan has stated.

According to your post, almost everything we do would be Bid'ah. Bid'ah is only in acts of Deen. Titles, labels, wordings or appropriateness can never fall under Bid'ah. Some things could be disliked (Makrooh) due to its nature but it would never be Bid'ah.

Many people come to this site and assume the "forum" is full of Muftis issuing Fataawa. So please do not post personal views as rulings and always provide a source if you are pasting from another site and the scholar's name.

Jazakallah
Wassalam
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#3 [Permalink] Posted on 8th November 2011 01:18
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#4 [Permalink] Posted on 8th November 2011 09:38
Jazakallah, I will also take a look into the YouTube link later, but for now, I would like to say one thing.

There are countless video's out there by so-called scholars who say things that sound correct but when looked into deeper, it is understood to be false. People quote Quran and Hadith out of context or from their own logic make huge errors. Many speakers are known for such mistakes and we pray to Allah that he guide us all and protect us all from such errors.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#5 [Permalink] Posted on 8th November 2011 14:28
Ameen, and if i have made any errors, then please confirm it in a way i would understand and try to give me a solution to watch out for these errors in the near future.

This speaker is well known on confirming bidat. He believes(i belive it too because it makes sence that because Allah or his Rasool have not verified it, we should leave alone what they did not legislate cause no one was more guided than they were.
But if im wrong, please verify my mistake.
JAZAKHALLAH AKHI.
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#6 [Permalink] Posted on 8th November 2011 15:38
Here is a Prime Example of this misunderstanding by someone who is a very very good speaker on comparative religion. He is highly respected by all Muslims, we love the Dawah work he does, but he should stick to dawah only as this is his field.

Before opening the link, ask yourself one question,

Do You Need Wudhu to Touch The Quran?

Also the second link is very misleading from these types of scholars.

www.muftisays.com/blog/abu+mohammed/402_13-09-2010/wudhu-...

www.muftisays.com/blog/abu+mohammed/424_01-10-2010/readin...

So please becareful who you take from even when it sounds good and Shahih.

There are plenty of examples like this.
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#7 [Permalink] Posted on 8th November 2011 16:38
From the beginning I knew not to always trust what he says.Im not surprised with his verdicts.Jazakhallah.
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#8 [Permalink] Posted on 8th November 2011 16:51
Then InshaAllah that clarifies what Maulana Yasin has said.

These people follow the same school. Becareful.

Although this may sound strange, it is very true. They say that we (Hanafi) follow logic. What a contradiction. It is clear that the Fuqaha would use the Quran first and then Hadith to come to a verdict, logic came in very late if there were no reports regarding a particular Mas'ala. However it can clearly be seen that the new school, who call them selves "Just Muslim" and take them selves away from any one school of fiqh have ended up using logic in many places. SubhanAllah.

What goes round, comes round. Amazing.
No post ratings
#9 [Permalink] Posted on 9th November 2011 08:58
if the word "holy" means divine then surely the word of Allah (the quran) must be divine and can we not use it as Holy Quran...
No post ratings