Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open

Explanation on why women should wear hijaab.(1)

You have contributed 10.0% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
To appreciate this topic, click 'Appreciate Topic' on the right.
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#1 [Permalink] Posted on 7th November 2011 00:04
Asalamu alaikum warahmatullahi wabarakhatu(May the peace,blessings and the mercy of Allah Ta'ala be upon you). If you go outside today, you will finally find out that one of the biggest calamitys the Muslim Ummah is going through nowadays, is fitnaa. When i'm bringing in the word 'fitna' in to the subject, im actually linking it with zinaa. Now, the type of zinaa i am actually mainly focusing on is the zinaa of the eyes. As one hadeeth states:"zinaa ul eye nin nazar." Whcih means:"Casting of lustful glances is the zinaa of the eyes." Another hadeeth states:"Allah Ta'ala curses upon the one who looks at lustful glances, and emerges in such a way that lustful glances are looked at one." Meaning, if you wear such clothes that you know men are gonna be attracted at you, then you are cursed. This is not modesty. As one of the signs that Nabi(a.s) revealed of the day of judgement is that the women will be dressed but undressed. When the sahaabas heared this, it was hard for them to imagine such thing. But what Nabi(a.s) was trying to say is that the women will be wearing such clothes that it reveals the body. It puts a majour effect on the men when they see such things because Allah Subhaana Ta'ala has revealed the nature of men in the Qur'an at surah Imran chapter no.3,verse no.14 when he says:" zuy-yina lin-naasi Hub-bush shahawaati minan nisaai wal baniyna wal qanaaTiyril muqanTarati minadh dhahabi wal fiD-da." Which means:"Fair in the eyes of men is the love of things they covet: Women and sons; Heaped-up hoards of gold and silver; horses branded (for blood and excellence); and (wealth of) cattle and well-tilled land."(This is a list in the Quran stating the things men desire the most).No.1:Women. The Qur'an states that the first thing that men love more than anything else in the world is women, and i'm telling my westener friends i don't have to prove that. You know because of this, people in America will never wear hijaab, you will hardly see anone with modesty wearing hijaab. And beause of this, during the day time women have been raped in the street, and people just walk by and say:"o, maybe they're just enjoying themselves." No,no i say you are inviting them. And amongst the people of the ummah, they are women who say:"I am not ready to wear hijaab." I am telling them kind of women:"You will also not be ready for the day of judgement."
report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
#2 [Permalink] Posted on 7th November 2011 02:04
A woman should wear decent clothes that do not reveal her body.
There are reports of rape incidents in Saudi Arabia and Islamic countries where women are covered from head to toe. You can check the news of Saudi and statistics of rape. Also maids from Africa and Philippines etc are raped by Muslim men.
I have traveled in Islamic countries where even with hijab the Muslim men started following me even though i had my brother with me. Muslim men stand stare, whistle and sing when a woman goes by in burqa or no burqa. In the west I dont wear hijab but men don't even bother to look at me even if I am alone.

I know crime can happen anywhere but shouldn't you muftis write more for muslim men to lower their gaze because Allah said so. Don't tell us men cant do that, If they cant lower their gaze they are not ready for day of judgment either.
I would like to see more articles written to end cruelty , to educate people, to end bribery and other social evils of society that effect people. Hijab does not make one a good Muslim.
The other day in a mall some girls in hijab were caught stealing makeup cosmetics.
Hijab only is not going to send women to Heaven. Talk of the most important issues that effect other human beings. The haqooq al ibaad specially in your countries.
By the way I am a Muslim and not of European decent either.
This is not to criticize you but to bring to your attention that on TV, and on websites there is discussion of worship, and women mostly. Talk of society evils and behavior of men. It is not allowed in Islam to kill any human being brutally and display a decaying body for view and pictures. ( you know who i am referring to)Islam did not tell men to become God. and stone women. If a woman is bad , Allah will judge her.
I ask the mufti to read the human rights page on Iran Pakistan and middle East.
Please write and tell people about morals in daily actions and behavior too.
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#3 [Permalink] Posted on 7th November 2011 09:50
Anonymous wrote:
There are reports of rape incidents in Saudi Arabia and Islamic countries where women are covered from head to toe. You can check the news of Saudi and statistics of rape. Also maids from Africa and Philippines etc are raped by Muslim men.[/quote]

When there is a demand, there will always be a supply too. But in some cases, when there is supply, people will createa demand.
www.muftisays.com/forums/hajj-umrah-packages/5907/makkah-...

Anonymous wrote:
I know crime can happen anywhere but shouldn't you muftis write more for muslim men to lower their gaze because Allah said so. Don't tell us men cant do that, If they cant lower their gaze they are not ready for day of judgment either.[/quote]

We are not Muftis on the Forum, we are simple members who like to share knowledge and information, which may also include the articles you are in search for. You can find the Muftis in Q&A Section.

[quote="Anonymous"]Islam did not tell men to become God. and stone women. If a woman is bad , Allah will judge her.

Above you mentioned that ALLAH SAID TO LOWER THE GAZE, Well Allah has said carry out certain punishments, which includes stoning of men and women, so The Muslims are not playing God.

+2 -0Like x 2
Rank Image
London
Brother
#4 [Permalink] Posted on 7th November 2011 15:47
Has anyone seen the interview of heavy weight champ Muhammad Ali. He says some wonderful things regarding the Muslim woman covering up in comparison to the non Muslim woman.

Excellent interview, it will make you laugh.
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#5 [Permalink] Posted on 7th November 2011 18:08
Ok,ok first of all im not a Mufti, im a talib al ilm, a student of knowledge.Ok ukhti, you proved your point, it is not right on me to pick on the womens only. You are right, men need modesty too by lowering their gaze. But men are actually week, towards their desires they are very week. Without Allahs support no one will be able to lower their gaze. But Allah made most men have this as their strongest nafs, but they are those men who try their best to lower there gaze, but fail to do so. Allah made us week, he loves it when we cr for his help and mercy, crying out truely to your Lord for guidance is a sign for Imaan. You can tell the have faith, unless they are doing it to show off, then thats a different thing. But men are forced to go outside and look at these women with these half naked clothes, wearing what you call a cheese string. And men are strugling to avoid looking at them, but they fail to do so. And about the rape incidents, the most you can do is pray the dua before going out and aayatul kursi. Then Insha Allah Allah will protect you, and just to let you know if a women with hijaab does get raped liked that then it is permissable(according to a hadeeth) for her to kill that person in order to get away. The hadeeth states:"Whoever protects themselves is a shaheed."
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#6 [Permalink] Posted on 7th November 2011 19:29
Insha Allah i will be posting one bout the importance of men lowering their gaze.
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#7 [Permalink] Posted on 7th November 2011 19:59
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#8 [Permalink] Posted on 7th November 2011 20:18
Masha Allah, great detail. But i'll post mine anyway.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Birmingham
Brother
#9 [Permalink] Posted on 8th November 2011 09:34
some good point from both side.. there are some truth about the muslim men in muslim countries.
we call them muslim countries but underneth they not, most of the arab world dont care about the sunnah of the beard etc etc...
there are a lot of very good muslim out there but socity hides them by infulancing our mind and showing negative image.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#10 [Permalink] Posted on 8th November 2011 23:54
One cannot become a good Muslim unless he/she is a good person.
No post ratings