Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open

Lessons from Lives of the Pious

You have contributed 0.0% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
Seifeddine-M, Yasin, 2ak, abu mohammed, Taalibah, Naqshband66, User Invalidum, dr76, habeeba, ibn Ismail, Jinn, abuzayd2k
1 guest appreciates this topic.
Rank Image
U.S.
Brother
#46 [Permalink] Posted on 28th August 2013 02:30
Respect for Deeni Books

In the room of Hadhrat Moulana Ashraf Ali Thanwi (rahimahullah) there was a place for hanging old clothes. Sometimes others were asked to hang the old clothes over there, but Hadhrat (rahimahullah) would caution them to check if there was any kitaab kept on the desk beneath it. Mistakenly, the old clothes should not be kept higher than the kitaabs (resulting in disrespect of the kitaab). (Malfoozaat of Faqeeh-ul-Ummat Vol 2 Pg 406)
report post quote code quick quote reply
+3 -0Like x 2
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#47 [Permalink] Posted on 16th September 2013 11:43
HADHRAT FUZAIL BIN IYAAZ(rahmatullah alayh)

Prior to his reformation and renunciation of the world, Hadhrat Fuzail was the chief of a band of highway robbers. He operated in the desert attacking and looting passing caravans. Even while a bandit he wore simple garments of sackcloth and a woolen cap. A tasbeeh was always strung around his neck. When his band of dacoits brought their plunder, he would take whatever he desired and distribute the remainder among them.
Although his profession was dacoity, he always performed Salaat in Jamaat. He would expel any member of his band, who did not participate in Jamaat Salaat.
Another noble trait in him was that he had strict instructions for observing the Purdah of the female travelers in the caravans. Sufficient means for continuance of the caravan's journey were also left with the people. Fuzail Bin Iyaaz would also keep account of the persons and the amounts he robbed. (Allah Ta'ala had wonderful plans for Hadhrat Fuzail, hence these noble characteristics were in him despite him being the leader of dacoits.)

Source : Scattered Pearls - selected Sayings And Anecdotes Of The Illustrious Auliyaa
+4 -0Like x 3
Rank Image
U.S.
Brother
#48 [Permalink] Posted on 29th September 2013 00:41
The Incident of Shah Abdul Haadi Amrohi (rahmatullahi 'alaihi)'s Contentment

Once, a yogi came to visit Shah Abdul Haadi Amrohi (rahmatullahi 'alaih). He found him living in abject poverty whilst many guests frequented his home. The yogi, feeling sorry for Shah Sahib, mentioned to him that he possessed the knowledge of alchemy (converting metal into gold) which he wished to impart to him. He then showed him the method by practically demonstrating it to him. When he gave Shah Sahib (rahmatullahi 'alaih) the formula, he asked him to place it on the shelf. The yogi placed it there and departed.
After a year, the yogi returned thinking to himself that Shah Sahib must be living in a large mansion, but to his utter surprise, he found him in exactly the same condition as before. The yogi quite surprised, asked him, "Did I not give you a copy of a formula for changing metal into gold? What happened to it?" Shah Sahib (rahmatullahi 'alaih) replied, "I think you left it on the shelf." The yogi went to the shelf, picked it up and handed it over to Shah Sahib (rahmatullahi 'alaih) who said, "I was feeling ashamed to ask Allah Ta`ala to transform metal into gold for me."
When the yogi heard this, he requested Shah Sahib to return the formula to which he very willingly acceded. As the yogi was leaving, Shah Sahib (rahmatullahi 'alaih) called him back and said, "I also have a special recipe with me and that recipe is contentment." When Shah Sahib said this, the yogi replied, "There is no formula greater than that."  (Malfoozaat of Faqeeh-ul-Ummat Vol 2 Pg 472)
+2 -0Like x 2
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#49 [Permalink] Posted on 29th September 2013 01:57
Hadhrat Kirmaani had a very beautiful and saintly daughter. The king of Kirmaan proposed marriage to her. Hadhrat Kirmaani promised to give an answer to the proposal after three days. During this period, he wandered from one Musjid to another in the hope of finding a sincere durwaish with whom his daughter may marry. On the third day he found such a durwaish. When Hadhrat Kirmaani asked the durwaish if he wished to marry, he said that no one would give their daughter to a pauper. With the consent of the daughter, the nikah was performed. When she arrived at the home of her husband, she found only a piece of bread and some water in a mug.
She asked: "Why have you kept this?"
Durwaish: "Yesterday I ate half of the bread and drank half of the water. I have left the balance for today."
His wife: "I want to go to my father."
Durwaish: "I knew that a woman of the royal family cannot spend her life with a faqir."
His wife: "It is not as you say. I want to complain to my father about the assurance he gave me. He promised that he would perform my nikah with a pious man, but he married me to a man who is not grateful to Allah Ta'ala. A man who hoards food for the next day contradicts tawakkul. Choose between the bread and me. Either the bread stays or I."
This episode illustrates the exceptionally lofty state of her zuhd and taqwa. Even a piece of bread in the home is regarded as negatory of tawakkul by certain Auliyaa of the calibre of Hadhrat Kirmaani's daughter.

Source : Scattered Pearls - selected Sayings And Anecdotes Of The Illustrious Auliyaa
+3 -0Like x 3
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#50 [Permalink] Posted on 30th September 2013 09:44
Superb thread mashaAllah!

+1 -0Agree x 1
Rank Image
U.S.
Brother
#51 [Permalink] Posted on 5th November 2013 23:21
Perhaps I may never get another chance to make sajdah

When Hafiz Hasan Ali (rahimahullah) made sajdah, he would arise after a very long time. Once, someone thought that he slept away whilst in salaah, so he kicked him from the back. He woke up from sajdah and recited, "Inna lillaahi wa inna ilayhi raaji'oon. Did I fall off to sleep? O no! How can I fall off to sleep and spoil the salaah of the people?"One day someone insistently asked him, "Why do you make such a long sajdah?" He replied, "When I go into sajdah and intend to wake up, I think to myself, "Let me recite one more Subhaanallah, perhaps I may never get another opportunity to make sajdah again."Allahu Akbar! What a level of consciousness with respect to the presence of death! If only we could also be blessed with this condition. (Malfoozaat of Faqeeh-ul-Ummat Vol 2 Pg 482)
+5 -0Like x 5
Rank Image
U.S.
Brother
#52 [Permalink] Posted on 19th January 2014 23:29
Screening of Genuine from Fake

A person presented a tray of dates to Hadhrat Shaikh Moulana Muhammad Zakariyya (rahimahullah) and said: "These dates are from Madinah Tayyibah. I brought it for you." Hadhrat Shaikh (rahimahullah) picked up three dates and said: "I have taken three dates for your pleasure. I regularly receive dates directly (from Madinah Tayyibah). Take it! Perhaps you may need to distribute it elsewhere."

This person felt ashamed, remained silent, and went out. I asked him: "What happened?" He explained: "I have realised that this type of screening will also take place before Allah Ta'ala." I then asked: "What are you implying?" He replied: "There were only three dates which were from Madinah Tayyibah. The others came from another place. The screening and separation which has taken place just now, will also occur in the hereafter. The reality of the genuine and the fake will be exposed over there as well." (Malfoozaat of Faqeeh-ul-Ummat Vol. 2 Pg. 462)

+9 -0Like x 9
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#53 [Permalink] Posted on 20th January 2014 05:54
Masha Allah.. keep posting Bhai Abu Talib..
No post ratings
Rank Image
U.S.
Brother
#54 [Permalink] Posted on 20th February 2014 23:46
Intercession for his Opposition

On one occasion Hazrat Moulana Khaleel Ahmad Saharanpuri (rahimahullah) had some dealings with an individual which became sour. Coincidently, this person was involved in a court case and was advised that if Hazrat Moulana (rahimahullah) interceded on his behalf, his problem would be solved.

Eventually, this person came to Hazrat Moulana and requested him to intercede on his behalf. Hazrat (rahimahullah) wrote a letter to someone he knew in Delhi, who would be able to help him. The letter read as follows:

"Though my relationship with the bearer of this letter is not very good, I am nevertheless still interceding on his behalf. It will be good if his matter could be resolved. May Allah Ta'ala reward you."

He wrote these few words and gave the letter to him requesting him to read it. The person refused to read it saying that it was not meant for him. When Hazrat (rahimahullah) insisted, he read it and then asked Hazrat (rahimahullah) to remove the part stating their relationship was not very good. Hazrat (rahimahullah) asked him the reason for it as this was the truth, but when he insisted, Hazrat (rahimahullah) obliged and wrote out another letter omitting those words. (Malfoozaat of Faqeeh-ul-Ummat vol. 2 pg. 384)

+7 -0Like x 7
Rank Image
U.S.
Brother
#55 [Permalink] Posted on 29th June 2014 18:16
Moulana Abul Hasan Ali Nadwi (rahmatullahi 'alaih) writes:

The month of Ramadhaan marks the commencement of the revelation of the Quraan. It is the month of mercy, blessings and effulgence. Ramadhaan is indeed the prime period for 'ibaadat and righteous actions and the all-embracing event of spirituality.

Hadhrat 'Abdullah bin 'Abbaas (radhiyallahu 'anhuma) mentioned: "During the month of Ramadhaan, Nabi (sallallahu 'alaihi wasallam) would always be ahead in good deeds, much faster than a strong blowing wind."

Hadhrat 'Aaishah (radhiyallahu 'anha) said: "When the last ten days of Ramadhaan would commence, Nabi (sallallahu 'alaihi wasallam) would remain the entire night awake and he would awaken his household as well. He would exert himself in carrying out 'ibaadat."

The month of Ramadhaan is the time for the fulfilment of the aspirations and hopes of the true lovers of Allah Ta'ala, for which they would count the number of days to the approach of this month. We are not speaking about the state of the former pious predecessors. I have heard regarding some of the pious predecessors of the recent past that they would anticipate the approach of the next Ramadhaan from the moment the crescent of 'Eid was sighted.

With the mere commencement of Ramadhaan, a whole new delight and enthusiasm would be created. It would seem as if their actions express their sentiments in the following manner:

هذا الذي كانت الأيام تنتظر

فليوف لله أقوام بما نذروا

This is the great treasure for which time was anticipating

Now has come the time for people to fulfil their pledges and vows with Allah Ta'ala

With the coming of Ramadhaan, the entire environment changes in the khanqahs and deeni maraakiz (centres). Apart from those who continuously reside in the khanqahs, the mureeds and associates flock to these khanqahs like pieces of metal attracted to a magnet or butterflies plunging into a burning fire. These khanqahs abound in zikr, tilaawat of the Quraan Majeed and 'ibaadat, etc., to such an extent as if there is no other occupation besides this and as if another Ramadhaan will not come. Each person attempts to surpass the next. Each day is not only considered to be a day of Ramadhaan but the last day of one's life.

Whoever enters this environment for even a little while becomes oblivious of this world. Spiritless souls get energised and filled with determination. Dormant and dead hearts find a new life. It is a current running through each other's hearts creating a new life within dead souls. After witnessing such a spiritual and angelic environment any person's heart would declare that this world will never be destroyed and existence on earth will never cease, as long as such occasions for seeking Allah Ta'ala continue to be established, crowds of seekers throng to the effulgence of spirituality and deen and such large crowds of people assemble to attain the pleasure of Allah Ta'ala and prepare their abode of the Hereafter with no ulterior motive.

(Sawaanih Hazrat Shaikhul Hadeeth Moulana Muhammad Zakariyya [rahmatullahi 'alaih], p. 122/123)

+5 -0Like x 5
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#56 [Permalink] Posted on 1st May 2015 14:19
Beat well this head
Ibrahim bin Adham was sentineling the garden of dates. A soldier passed by the garden, and asked for dates. Ibrahim RhA said: The owner of the garden didn’t give me permission. On this he started whipping him. Hazrat RhA bowed his head and said: Beat well this head as it disobeyed Allah Ta’ala for a long time.
+2 -0Like x 2
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#57 [Permalink] Posted on 1st May 2015 14:37
Sahl bin Ibrahim RhA says that I was accompanying Ibrahim Bin Adham RhA in a journey. I got sick. He RhA spent alot on me. I asked for something, He RhA sold his donkey and spent all the money he got to fulfill my desire. While resuming the journey, I asked about the donkey, He RhA replied that he had sold it. I said that how will we travel now? Replied: "Brother! On my neck". Sahl bin Ibrahim RhA says that He RhA carried me through out the journey.
+3 -0Like x 3
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#58 [Permalink] Posted on 1st May 2015 14:56
Fudhail Bin Ayaz RhA says:
If whole world is presented before me, with the benefit of complete waiver of accountability (Hisaab), even then I will save myself and stay away from it, similar to your staying away from carrion while passing by so that it don't touch you.
+3 -0Like x 3
Rank Image
U.S.
Brother
#59 [Permalink] Posted on 17th February 2017 03:25
Hazrat Shaikh Moulana Muhammad Zakariyya (rahmatullahi ‘alaih) once mentioned:

My beloved friends! Life and death is something over which there is no guarantee. Remember the advice I wish to share with you! My advice to you is that you should strive to the best of your ability to emulate the Mubaarak Sunnah of Rasulullah (sallallahu ‘alaiho wasallam). The second advice which I wish to give you is that you should endeavour to establish khaanqas and halqas of zikr in your localities. Encourage people to engage in zikr and teach them Deen. Do not wait for people to come to you to learn Deen or to acquire self-reformation. In this era, you will have to adopt all means in trying to win people and attract them towards Deen.

(Malfoozaate Hazrat Shaikh 2/142)

Source: Ihyaauddeen.co.za
+5 -0Like x 5
Rank Image
India
Brother
#60 [Permalink] Posted on 18th February 2017 13:34
Quote:
A man who hoards food for the next day contradicts tawakkul. Choose between the bread and me. Either the bread stays or I."
This episode illustrates the exceptionally lofty state of her zuhd and taqwa. Even a piece of bread in the home is regarded as negatory of tawakkul by certain Auliyaa of the calibre of Hadhrat Kirmaani's daughter.
But Hz Uthman RA, Hz Ibn Awf RA etc were rich. Q arise, if these awliya were greater in tawakkul...?

No post ratings