Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open

Lessons from Lives of the Pious

You have contributed 0.0% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
Seifeddine-M, Yasin, 2ak, abu mohammed, Taalibah, Naqshband66, User Invalidum, dr76, habeeba, ibn Ismail, Jinn, abuzayd2k
1 guest appreciates this topic.
Rank Image
World Of Allah
Brother
#61 [Permalink] Posted on 18th February 2017 15:51
Arfatzafar wrote:
View original post

That's a ridiculous question! It can also lead to kufr. Our Aqeedah doesn't allow us to belittle any companion, especially in comparison to the khalaf.

The statement itself is not accurate anyway.

Anyways, you may not have understood the meaning of hoarding.

Hoarding is not allowed in Islam to a certain extent, who would know better than the Salaf.
report post quote code quick quote reply
+0 -0Agree x 1
Rank Image
India
Brother
#62 [Permalink] Posted on 18th February 2017 17:32
ali wrote:
View original post

Yes, none can be greater than our sahaba ikram RA. This is why I don't trust in each and every incident or story of awlia ikram.
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Eraf
Brother
#63 [Permalink] Posted on 18th February 2017 17:56
all the sahaba were zahids. they lived in the duniya, but their hearts were free from attachment to the duniya.
+2 -0Like x 2
Rank Image
Eraf
Brother
#64 [Permalink] Posted on 18th February 2017 17:59
br Abu talib, do you have a copy of adabul ikhtilaf by mufti farooq meerathi rahmatullahi alayhi?

my copy is missing a few pages.
+2 -0Like x 2
Rank Image
India
Brother
#65 [Permalink] Posted on 18th February 2017 18:34
Shah Abu Saeed Gangohis Khilafat
The story of Shah Abu Saeed Gangohi is well known, in summary, the story is that he went to Shah Nizamuddin Balkhi. When Shah Nizamuddin learned that his shaikh’s grandson was about to arrive, he set out to receive him from one of the stations. Shah Nizamuddin treated him with the utmost respect and returned with him to Balkh. He sat him on an elevated place and himself sat where the servants sat on the ground. When Shah Abu Saeed asked permission to leave, Shah Nizamuddin placed a gift of gold coins at his feet. Then Abu Saeed said, “Hadhrat, I do not need this worldly stuff nor have I come here for this purpose. I want the wealth which you came and took from us” (referring to the spiritual wealth Shah Nizamuddin took from Shah Abu Saeed’s grandfather). No sooner had he said this that Shah Nizamuddin changed his look. He said rashly, “Go to the barn and prepare food for the hunting dogs.”
Thus, he was placed in charge of watching over the hunting dogs, washing, bathing, and keeping them clean. Sometimes he was told to blow into the fires (that warmed the water for the bathrooms) and at other times made to accompany the shaikh on his hunting trips, holding the leashes of the hunting dogs while the shaikh rode his horse. One of the servants was instructed, “Give the servant who lives in the barn two pieces of barley bread twice a day from the house.” Now whenever Shah Abu Saeed came in the presence of Shah Nizamuddin, he would not look up at Shah Abu Saeed. He told Shah Abu Saeed to sit far from him and refused to acknowledge his presence when he came in.
Once the shaikh ordered the bhangan (i.e., the lady who removed household waste) to purposely drop some garbage over him and note his reaction. When she passed by and purposely slipped some garbage over him he grew red with anger and said, “I would have showed you if we were in Gangoh.” The bhangan informed the shaikh of Shah Abu Saeed’s response. The shaikh said, “There is still some odor of arrogance in him.” Two months later, the shaikh ordered the bhangan to do the same again. This time he only glared at her then quietly lowered his head. When the bhangan came and told the shaikh, “Today, he did not say a thing. He glared at me and then lowered his head”. The shaikh said, “There is still some odor left.” After a few months, he ordered the bhangan to “Throw a whole basket of cow dung on him until he is covered in it from head to toe.” But now Shah Abu Saeed was a made man.
When she came and threw the whole basket over him, he stood up concerned and said humbly, “The poor woman hit me accidentally and fell. Tell me, are you okay? Are you hurt anywhere?” He then scooped all the cow dung in his hand saying, “Here let me put this back in for you,” and carefully put it back in the basket. The bhangan narrated the whole incident and said in astonishment, “Today, instead of getting angry, Shah sahib pitied me and scooped up all the dung and put it in the basket.” The shaikh said, “Now he is made.”
Later that day, Shaikh Nizamuddin sent a servant to Shah Abu Saeed, “Today we will go hunting, prepare the dogs for the trip.” In the evening, the shaikh rode out into the jungle with his servants. Shah Abu Saeed was guiding the hunting dogs by their leashes. These were well fed dogs while Shah was thin and fragile. He tied the leashes to his waist and tried to hold them back but fell and dragged on the jungle floor. Branches, thorns, and rocks bruised and cut his body, but not a sound came from his mouth. When the other servants pulled in the dogs and raised him to his feet he was trembling from fear that, “The shaikh will be angry with me,” and will say “You didn’t follow my orders! Why didn’t you control the dogs?” But the shaikh was only testing him and this he had done.
That night Shah Nizamuddin saw his shaikh Qutb-ul-Alim Shaikh Abdul Quddus (the grandfather of Shah Abu Saeed) in his dream. He (Shah Abdul Quddus) said to him in a sad tone, “Nizamuddin, I didn’t put you through as much as you did my children.” Early the next morning Shah Nizamuddin called Shah Abu Saeed from the barn and held him to his chest. He then said, “I brought with me the faizaan of the Chistia family from India, and you are now taking it back with you to India. Mubarak to you, you may now go home.” Thus, he granted himkhilafat and sent him back to India.
(Shariat & Tariqat by Hadhrat Shaikhul Hadith Maulana Zakariya RA)
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
India
Brother
#66 [Permalink] Posted on 18th February 2017 18:42
excerpted from The Sermons by Shaykh Zulfiqar Ahmed DB

Hadrat Shibli (May the mercy of Allah be upon him) was a renowned elder whose life was filled with fascinating events. Before becoming the great Hadrat Shibli, he was the governor of Nahawand District, and went to the king’s palace one day when the king summoned all his governors.
The king presented all of them with beautiful robes due to a joyous occasion and requested them all to wear the same the following day to an assembly.
All the governors gathered the following day for an assembly and discussion. When the discussion was at its height, with everyone deeply involved, a governor tried to overcome an incredible urge to sneeze and finally sneezed loudly four to five times when he could control it no longer.
Although such things are beyond one’s control, everyone looked at him because the discussion had been disturbed. As he did not have a handkerchief, this governor wiped his nose with a corner of his robe, something that the king saw him do. Seeing the precious robe he had given as a gift used in this disrespectful fashion, the king became so angry
that the governor was ordered out of the palace in disgrace for failing to honor his king. Silence now fell over the gathering and thereafter, the king concluded the gathering and everyone went home.
Soon after this event, a palace guard announced that the Governor of Nahawand sought an audience with the king and he was allowed in. The governor began by saying, “My king, I just want to know if my fellow governor’s sneeze was within or beyond his control?” The king became irate and said, “I sense the stench of argument in your question. Do
not dare to raise such a question again!”
The Governor of Nahawand was not deterred and continued, “Did you have to punish and humiliate him in such a manner by throwing him out of your palace or could a lesser punishment suffice?” The king grew angrier and
said, “I urge you to desist or face a similar punishment.” The Governor finally said, “I have understood one thing today, my king. Today, you totally humiliated a person in front of others and threw him out of your palace because he failed to honor the robe that you had given him. Allah u
has also adorned man with the honorable garb of humanity and if he fails to honor this and fulfill its rights, then he too will be thrown out of Allah’s u Court on the Day of Judgment!”
Saying this, he threw off the robe given by the king and left the palace. He then came into the service of Hadrat Junaid al-Baghdadi (May the mercy of Allah be upon him) and became the great Hadrat Shibli who is renowned
today as one of the elders of Islam. Hadrat Shibli was especially blessed with the love of Allah u because of the great sacrifice he had made by turning his back on a governorship.
Hadrat Shibli used to carry sweets in his pockets and upon hearing anyone call out the Name of Allah he would put some sweets in that person’s mouth. When asked why he would do this, one day he answered, “If I hear the Name of Allah and don’t fill that mouth with sweet then what else should I do?” Hadrat Shibli would often be lost in his deep love for Allah u.
The Mercy of Allah
Allah has a special relationship with those closest to Him. Allah once said to Hadrat Shibli, “Shibli, should I reveal your faults to the world so that no one alive will even look at you?” Hadrat Shibli immediately replied, “O Allah! Shall I reveal Your true mercy to all so that there remains no one in the world to bow to You?”
Hadrat Shibli was then inspired with this reply from Allah : “Shibli, I will keep your secret if you keep Mine.”
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
India
Brother
#67 [Permalink] Posted on 18th February 2017 18:51
Junaid Baghdadi earned his livelihood as a professional wrestler. As was the norm, the Leader of Baghdad announced one day, “Today, Junaid Baghdadi will demonstrate his skills as a wrestler, is there anyone to challenge him.” An elderly man shakily stood up with his neck quivering and said, “I will enter the contest with him.”
Whoever was witness to this scene could not contain themselves, they burst out howling with laughter, clapping their hands. The King was bound by the law. He could not stop someone who of his own free will entered the bout. The elderly man was given the permission to enter the ring. He was about sixty-five years old. When Junaid Baghdadi entered the ring, he was dumbfounded as was the King and all the spectators of the Kingdom who were present. The single thought that occupied their minds was, “How will this old man be able to fight?”
The old man addressed Junaid with these words, “Lend me your ears.” He then whispered, “I know it is not possible for me to win this bout against you, but I am a Sayyid, a descendant of Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him). My children are starving at home. Are you prepared to sacrifice your name, your honour and position for the love of Allah’s Prophet and lose this bout to me? If you do this I will be able to collect the prize money and thereby have the means to feed my children and myself for an entire year. I will be able to settle all my debts and above all, the master of both the worlds will be pleased with you. Are you, Oh Junaid, not willing to sacrifice your honour for the sake of the children of Rasulullah (peace be upon him)?”
Junaid Baghdadi thought to himself, “Today, I have an excellent opportunity.”
In a display of fervour Junaid Baghdadi executed a couple of maneuvers, demonstrating his finesse so that the King does not suspect any conspiracy. Junaid with a great display of antics did not use his strength and allowed himself to be dropped. The elderly man mounted his chest thus entitling him to the prize.
That night, Junaid Baghdadi had a dream of Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) who said, “Oh Junaid, you have sacrificed your honour, your nationally acclaimed fame, your name and position which was heralded throughout Baghdad in the expression of your love for my children who were starving. As of today, your name is recorded in the register of the Auliya (friends of Allah).”
Thereafter, this great wrestler learnt to defeat his nafs (desires) and became one of the most eminent Auliya of his time!

Source: From the book “Tajalliat-e-Jazb” by Shaikh Hakim Muhammad Akhtar.
+3 -0Like x 3
Rank Image
India
Brother
#68 [Permalink] Posted on 18th February 2017 19:00
Once while Maulana Jalalluddin Rumi (RA) was teaching his pupils in the open courtyard, next to a fountain, a shabbily externally dressed but perfectly internally adorned Sufi, Hazrat Shams-e-Tabrīzī (RA), came to their assembly and watched them. He saw Maulana Rumi referring to numerous handwritten books in the course of his teaching. Hazrat Shams-e-Tabrīzī(RA), asked Maulana Jalalluddin Rumi (RA) as to what was in the books. Maulana Jalalluddin Rumi (RA) replied, “O! Sufi. This contains knowledge that is beyond your understanding so you continue to read your rosary (tasbih).”Unnoticed by Rumi, Hazrath Shams Tabrez (RA) threw all the books into the pond of water. When Maulana Rumi’s(RA) students saw what occurred they began beating Hazrath Shams Tabrez (RA). This and the screams of Shams Tabrez (RA) alerted Maulana Rumi(RA) as to what occurred. He complained that all his valuable knowledge had been destroyed. Hazrat Shams Tabrez (RA) said; “Tell your pupils to leave me alone and I will give back your books.” A visibly dejected Rumi conceded to the request thinking that this was impossible. He was surprised to see Shams Tabrez (May Allah be well pleased with him), recite bismillah, lift the drenched books from the pond, blew dust of them and returned them to him intact. He asked Shams Tabrez (RA) as to how he did this.Hazrat Shams Tabrez (RA) replied, “This knowledge is beyond your understanding so you continue to teach your pupils.” Maulana Jalalluddin Rumi (RA) fell at his feet and was swept into the currents of love. The presence of this ragged Sufi, Hazrat Shams Tabrez (RA), changed Maulana Jalalluddin Rumi (RA) from a respected professor of theology into a lover of God, one who summed up his whole life with the phrase, “I burnt, and I burnt, and I burnt.”Ilme Baatin Hamchu masqa, Ilme zaahir hamchu sheerKe Buwad sheer masqa, ke buwad be Pir, PirInternal Knowledge (ilm baatin) is like butter and External Knowledge (ilm zaahir) is like milkLike butter cannot be acquired without milk, so to recognition of Allah (ilm baatin) cannot be obtained without a Spiritual Guide.
+2 -0Like x 2
Rank Image
Muftisays Forum
Brother
#69 [Permalink] Posted on 20th February 2017 05:15
Once Hazrat Murshid e Alam Ghulam Habibرحمتہ اللہ علیہ was travelling with Hazrat Siddiqi رحمتہ اللہ علیہ in the mountains by foot. While walking Hazrat had a look around and said to Hazrat Murshid e Alam رحمتہ اللہ علیہ ,”Haafiz Saahab, is there a pious man with nizbat (illuminated heart) in this area?” Hazrat replied,”I know each man in this area there is no one with nizbat here”. Hazrat Siddiqi رحمتہ اللہ علیہ replied,“Ok” and kept quiet then after a while asked the same question again to which the reply was the same as earlier. Hazrat kept quite again and then said,”if there is no pious man with nizbat here then why is such noor (light of the illuminated heart) spread here?”. When they reached the destination they got to know that Hazrat Siddiqi رحمتہ اللہ علیہ spiritual brother was visiting the area and when he got to know Hazrat Siddiqi رحمتہ اللہ علیہ was about to visit then he decided to wait and meet Hazrat Siddiqi رحمتہ اللہ علیہ before travelling further. It was due to him the whole area was illuminated. Allah had granted such eyes to Hazrat رحمتہ اللہ علیہ.
+2 -0Like x 2
Rank Image
U.S.
Brother
#70 [Permalink] Posted on 20th February 2017 22:41
abuzayd2k wrote:
View original post

As salaamu alaykum Bro sorry I dont have it. I can try and look around for you Inshaa Allaah
No post ratings
Rank Image
Eraf
Brother
#71 [Permalink] Posted on 22nd February 2017 08:42
Abu Taalib Deobandi wrote:
View original post

wa alaykum as salam.

if it's not too much trouble.
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
India
Brother
#72 [Permalink] Posted on 22nd February 2017 16:49
(The article below has been taken from the Council of Ulama website. It is not my personal encounter with Hazrat Ml. Yunus Patel (RA), the writer is unknown to us.)

Humility

As an indication of his extreme humility, Moulana used to tell me when I asked for his biography, that his life story could be fitted on the back of a postage stamp! Nothing could be further from the truth.

It was the great good fortune of Port Elizabeth that Moulana’s daughter and her family settled in Port Elizabeth. This brought Moulana, who had great love for his family, to our city many a times. Moulana used to not give the Ulama a chance to come and visit him first as he used to go and visit the junior and senior Ulama alike at their homes and places of work. The Ulama of Port Elizabeth benefited tremendously from Moulana’s advices especially with regards to setting up the Council of Ulama Eastern Cape.

Moulana generally did not like to have a program prepared in advance in Port Elizabeth. His talks, announced late, drew good crowds for the city. A unique feature was that the audience always consisted of a large percentage of Ulama.

Moulana loved the poor and once, on a visit to Port Elizabeth, I pointed out to him a poor student from one of the countries in Africa who sacrificed a lot to come and study Islam. Moulana called him aside in secret and gave him some money.

On one occasion, the maid of Moulana’s landlord needed to go to hospital to deliver her baby in the middle of the night. When the landlord refused, Moulana, together with his wife, took the maid to hospital and waited for her to be discharged before bringing her back home.

Moulana practically demonstrated the Islamic teachings of anti-racism and many a person from a different race group was won over by his impartial respect that he showed to one and all.

Piety

Anyone who saw him for even a little while would be impressed by Moulana’s adherence to the Sunnah and wonderful character. His granddaughter mentioned that in the months in which she lived with him, Moulana never once expressed anger towards his wife. Moulana recounted that all his maids who worked for him over the years accepted Islam, with three months being the most time required. Moulana lived a very simple, frugal life. He was accessible to people from all walks of life at all times.

Death

The death of Moulana was an indication of his love for the holy cities of Makkah Mukarramah and Madinah Munawwarah. He performed Tawaaf, read Maghrib Salaah and experienced a heart attack in front of the Ka’bah in the Mataaf area. He breathed his last in the Haram. His Janaza Salaah was performed by Sheikh Shuraim at the Ka’bah. Moulana was buried in Jannatul Mualla, the blessed graveyard of Makkah Mukarramah, where Hazrat Khadijah is buried. This is extraordinary in itself as foreigners are not normally buried here.

Moulana was 65 when he passed away. He had two daughters and a son.

Moulana was not only a fountain of knowledge, wisdom and piety, he was also a pillar of strength for all, Ulama especially. I personally know many Ulama who relied on Moulana’s advices and support to continue their service of Islam. In fact, while the Muslims of South Africa in general feel at a loss on the demise of Hazrat Moulana Yunus Patel , it is the Ulama who feel totally orphaned. Moulana had a knack of encouraging Ulama and directing them to better service of Islam. He was the confidante of the innermost feelings of many an Aalim.

The adoration of his followers is a reminder of how the Sahaaba adored the Prophet . The sadness and shock at the news of his passing makes one think of how the demise of the Prophet affected those who loved him, the Sahaaba.

He guided even the biggest sinner with a marvelous hand of wisdom.

The Prophet said:‘Allah does not take away the knowledge by taking it away from (the hearts of the) people, but takes it away by the death of the religious learned men till when none of the (religious learned men) remains, people will take as their leaders ignorant persons who when consulted will give their verdict without knowledge. So they will go astray and will lead the people astray.’
(Bukhari 1:32)

‘This saint with Madinah Muawwarah’s love at heart,
His praises we cannot fulfill; merely start.
His character a reflection of He who lies,
Under the green dome, beneath Arabia’s skies.’
(From:An Ode to Hazrat Moulana Yunus Patel )
www.islaahiadvices.com/?p=1188
+2 -0Like x 2
Rank Image
U.S.
Brother
#73 [Permalink] Posted on 15th March 2017 02:15
In the lifestyle of the friends of Allah, we find many lessons of guidance.

Mawlana Ashraf Ali Thanwi (Rahmatullah Alayh) in his last illness became extremely weak. Late one night, he needed to relieve himself. In the rural parts of India of that time, there was no electricity and the toilets were situated outside the homes. Since there was no running water, water had to be taken along for istinjaa (washing).

In this condition of weakness and in the darkness of the night, Mawlana carried his water can to the toilet. On his return, he felt dizzy and was unconscious for a while. When he regained consciousness, he lay down to rest. He then realized that the water can remained where he had fallen in the darkness. He immediately thought that should anyone else wish to use the toilet, he/she will be inconvenienced due to not finding it in its place. Despite his weakness, he could not bear the thought of somebody being inconvenienced in this way. He got up, went outside again retrieved the water can and put it in its proper place.

(Source: Ar-Rasheed Vol 15, No 2)

faqirahsflowergarden.wordpress.com/2016/08/28/lessons-fro...
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
India
Brother
#74 [Permalink] Posted on 18th April 2018 06:40
Hazrat Mufti Mahmood Hasan Gangohi (rahimahullah) mentioned:

Sayyid Ahmad Shaheed (rahmatullahi ‘alaih) began ‘seeing’ certain supernatural visions on the nights of Lailatul Qadr and Lailatul Baraa-ah. He had seen the stars, the trees and the ocean prostrating. He related these experiences, to his Shaikh, Shah Abdul Azeez (rahmatullahi ‘alaih). Shah Abdul Azeez (rahmatullahi ‘alaih) advised him in the following manner, “These are experiences which the children of the spiritual path experience.”
These conditions are not worth paying any due attention towards. The only real objective and goal in life, is to attain the pleasure of Allah Ta‘ala. If our intentions and methodology are correct then, insha-Allah, we will be successful. If our actions are in accordance to the sunnah and done solely for the pleasure of Allah Ta‘ala we will, insha-Allah, be successful. ( Discourses of Faqeeh-ul-Ummah Hazrat Mufti Mahmood Hasan Gangohi, vol. 1, pg. 111)
+1 -0Winner x 1