Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open

Lessons from Lives of the Pious

You have contributed 0.0% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
Seifeddine-M, Yasin, 2ak, abu mohammed, Taalibah, Naqshband66, User Invalidum, dr76, habeeba, ibn Ismail, Jinn, abuzayd2k
1 guest appreciates this topic.
Rank Image
U.S.
Brother
#1 [Permalink] Posted on 1st February 2013 17:19
Adherence to the Sunnah

A friend once told me that there was a person who was affiliated to the Muslim League. For some time, he practised keeping his hand stretched out until he managed to keep it stretched out for half an hour. Thereafter he went to meet Hadhrat Moulana Madani (rahimahullah). It is mentioned in a hadeeth that Rasulullah (sallallahu alaihi wasallam) never pulled back his hand first when greeting someone until that person pulled back his own hand. Keeping this in mind, when he met Hadhrat Madani (rahimahullah), he kept his hand straight without pulling it away. Hadhrat Madani (rahimahullah) also kept his hand stretched out until more than half an hour had passed by. Thereafter, this person was forced to pull back his hand. He then commented, "Definitely, he has strict adherence to the sunnah." (Malfoozaat of Faqeeh-ul-Ummat Vol 2 Pg 420)
report post quote code quick quote reply
+2 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
U.S.
Brother
#2 [Permalink] Posted on 1st February 2013 18:52
Hadhrat Moulana Khaleel Ahmad Saharanpuri (rahimahullah)'s tolerance

Shaikhpurah is a village near Saharanpur. Once, the people of this village extended a da`wat to Hadhrat Moulana Saharanpuri (rahimahullah) and Hadhrat Moulana Ashraf Ali Thanwi (rahimahullah). Another person then invited both of them for breakfast in Saharanpur on their way back from Shaikhpurah. Hadhrat Saharanpuri (rahimahullah) accepted both the da`wats and went to Shaikhpurah. He slept the night there and the next morning, began preparing to return to Saharanpur but it began raining very heavily. The villagers tried preventing Hadhrat (rahimahullah) from leaving, but Hadhrat (rahimahullah) refused saying that he had promised the people in Saharanpur to attend their da`wat, thus it will not be correct for him to disappoint them. He eventually went to the station, took a horse and cart, and came to the home of the host. Hadhrat (rahimahullah) informed him of his arrival, but the host mentioned to Hadhrat (rahimahullah) that he did not make any arrangements for meals as he had not expected Hadhrat (rahimahullah) to return in such severe weather conditions. Hadhrat (rahimahullah) accepted his apology as well as his invitation to come and eat the next day.
Hadhrat Thanwi (rahimahullah) on this occasion mentions that at that time it was worth seeing my anger and the tolerance of Hadhrat Moulana Saharanpuri (rahimahullah). He further mentions that this zaalim (oppressor) still had the audacity to postpone the da`wat to the next day. Couldn't he have made some arrangements quickly? Hadhrat (rahimahullah) then went to the Madrasah and from there proceeded home. When he reached home, there was no food at home, not even flour as the womenfolk knew that Hadhrat (rahimahullah) was invited for meals. Hadhrat (rahimahullah) went to the bazaar and bought some flour to cook the food.
The next day, when the host came, Hadhrat Moulana Saharanpuri (rahimahullah) sent for Hadhrat Thanwi (rahimahullah) saying, "Come let us go, the host has arrived." Hadhrat Thanwi (rahimahullah) excused himself saying, "I am not feeling hungry and I am not in the habit of eating early in the morning. Also if I wait till the meals have ended, I may miss my train and I have to leave today." Hadhrat Thanwi (rahimahullah) then says, "Hadhrat (rahimahullah) was very accommodating. He mentioned to me, 'Come and eat one or two morsels. The host will get very happy. The main purpose of an invitation is to be present. Thereafter if you wish you may leave from there.'"
Eventually, Hadhrat Moulana Thanwi (rahimahullah) agreed and both of them went to the home of the host. He fed them on the roof of the house. Hadhrat Moulana Thanwi (rahimahullah) says, "I was still burning with yesterday's anger, but out of respect for Hadhrat (rahimahullah) I remained silent. After the meals were over, I took permission from Hadhrat (rahimahullah) and then left. Quietly, I called the host downstairs and opened up his ears properly saying to him, 'The tolerance of the pious has spoilt your mind. Make sure you don't do such things again in the future.'" (Malfoozaat of Faqeeh-ul-Ummat Vol 2 Pg 380-381)
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
U.S.
Brother
#3 [Permalink] Posted on 1st February 2013 18:56
Last Moments of Hadhrat Moulana Ashraf Ali Thanwi (rahimahullah)

During the last moments of his life, Hadhrat Moulana Thanwi (rahimahullah) began sorting out all the amaanaat (trusts) that were kept by him. When the members of his household saw this, they started crying (as they understood that Hadhrat was now reaching his end). Hadhrat (rahimahullah) saw them in this condition and asked, "Why are you crying? I am only distributing the trusts that are in my possession. Allah Ta`ala has commanded the discharging of amaanaat to the rightful recipients." Whilst saying this, the note that was in his hand fell down. Hadhrat then commented, "The life from my fingers has come out." Thereafter he passed away. (Malfoozaat of Faqeeh-ul-Ummat Vol 2 Pg 408)
+2 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
U.S.
Brother
#4 [Permalink] Posted on 1st February 2013 19:15
Passion for the Sunnah

Shaikh-ul-Hind, Hadhrat Moulana Mahmood-ul-Hasan Sahib Deobandi (rahmatullahi alaihi), is that personality with regards to whom Hadhrat Moulana Thanwi (rahmatullahi alaihi) has said, "People call him Shaikh-ul-Hind (the Shaikh of India) whereas in reality, he is Shaikh-ul-Aalam (The Shaikh of the world)."
Once, his feet swelled up due to excessive ibaadat. When he saw this, he became elated, that today he was blessed with the opportunity of following a Sunnah of Rasulullah (sallallahu alaihi wasallam), as the mubaarak feet of Nabi-e-Akram (sallallahu alaihi wasallam) swelled up due to standing for long periods in Salaah. (Malfoozaat of Faqeeh-ul-Ummat Vol 2 Pg 391)
+2 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
U.S.
Brother
#5 [Permalink] Posted on 1st February 2013 22:26
Hadhrat Mufti Muhammad Shafee` Sahib (rahmatullahi alaih) and the Darul Uloom property

The Darul Uloom (Darul Uloom Karachi) was originally situated in Nanak Warah housed in a small building. When the workload increased and the place became constrained a dire need arose for a larger place. Hence, Allah Ta`ala provided the means and a large tract of land was allotted by the government for the madrasah. Presently the Islamia College is situated on that land. Apart from the land being situated on a very prime location the grave of Allamah Shabbeer Ahmad Uthmani (rahmatullahi alaih) is also adjacent to the property. Hence, it was an ideal spot for the Darul Uloom.
The legal procedures were followed and papers for the land were procured. Control was gained and a room was built on the land which had a telephone line. An official foundation laying jalsah was announced and leading ulama from various parts of Pakistan graced the occasion. It was on this occasion that some individuals laid claim to the land stating that the land did not belong to the Darul Uloom. Coincidentally the claimants had engaged certain reputable personalities who were also revered by Mufti Shafee` Sahib (the respected widow of Allamah Shabbeer Ahmad Uthmani [rahmatullahi alaih]). Initially, he attempted to defuse the dispute but to no avail. Hence, he thought to himself that what kind ofbarkat will there be in a Madrasah whose foundation is laid on a dispute. Subsequently, he announced that he was relinquishing his right and abandoning the property.
Upon hearing this decision, the madrasah's administrative committee objected by saying, "How can you pass such a decision? Such a large property in the middle of the city! It is extremely difficult to find such a property. How can you leave such a property which we have already gained control over?"
Mufti Shafee` Sahib replied, "I am not compelling the committee to abandon the property, because the committee has already gained control and ownership of the land. If you wish to still go ahead and construct the Madrasah then you may do so. However, I will not be part of it, since I do not see any barkat in a Madrasah whose foundation is laid upon a dispute. He then cited the Hadeeth of Nabi (sallallahu alaihi wa sallam), "I guarantee a home in the middle of Jannah for that person who leaves out quarrelling despite being correct."
He further added: "You are complaining that to get such a land is difficult whereas Nabi(sallallahu alaihi wa sallam) is saying that he guarantees a home in the middle of Jannah. Constructing a Darul Uloom is fardh-e-kifaayah and saving Muslims from quarrels and disputes is fardh-e-`ayn. It will be a disservice to Deen if a fardh-e-`ayn is left out in order to discharge afardh-e-kifaayah. I will not construct a Darul Uloom whilst engaging in a dispute." Saying this he abandoned the property.
Subsequently, Allah Ta`ala blessed Hadhrat Mufti Sahib with a very much bigger and better property upon which the Darul Uloom is currently built. (Islaahi Khutubaat, vol. 6, p. 153/ Al Balaagh Mufti A`zam Number, vol. 1, p. 44 & 212)
+2 -0Like x 2
Rank Image
U.S.
Brother
#6 [Permalink] Posted on 1st February 2013 22:29
The Epitome of Humility

Moulana Mu`een-ud-Deen Ajmeri was renowned for his mastery in the field of philosophy. He had once heard of the prominence and piety of Shaikh-ul-Hind Moulana Mahmood-ul-Hasan rahmatullahi alaih. Hence, he decided to travel to Deoband and pay him a visit. It was during summer. When he arrived at the home of Shaikh-ul-Hind rahmatullahi alaih he met a person dressed only in a lungi and a vest. He introduced himself to him and said, "I have come to meet Hadhrat Moulana Mahmood-ul-Hasan Sahib." This person welcomed him in with a lot of respect and seated him saying, "You will soon meet him."

Whilst waiting, this person served Moulana Ajmeri with refreshments. Moulana Ajmeri told him, "Kindly inform Hadhrat Moulana Mahmood-ul-Hasan." This person replied, "Don't worry and make yourself comfortable." After a little while, this person now brought some food and insisted on Moulana Ajmeri that he partakes of the meal. Moulana Ajmeri told him, "I have come to meet Hadhrat Moulana Mahmood-ul-Hasan. Please inform him." This person told Moulana, "He has been notified. Partake of the meal and you will meet him."
After Moulana Ajmeri partook of the meal, this person began fanning him. When this continued for some time, Moulana Ajmeri became annoyed and said, "You are wasting my time. I have come to meet Moulana and it has been so long yet you have not let me meet him." This person then said, "The reality of the matter is that there is no Moulana over here. However, this insignificant servant's name is Mahmood."
Hearing this reply, Moulana Ajmeri was totally astounded and realised the worth of Hadhrat Shaikh-ul-Hind rahmatullahi alaih. (Al-Balaagh - Mufti A`zam Number, p. 232)
+2 -0Like x 2
Rank Image
U.S.
Brother
#7 [Permalink] Posted on 1st February 2013 23:08
Relationship between Hadhrat Mufti Mahmood Sahib (rahmatullahi alaih) and Hadhrat Moulana Maseehullah Khan Sahib (rahmatullahi alaih)

Mufti Farooq Meeruti (daamat barakaatuhu) states:
"Hadhrat Moulana Shah Maseehullah Khan Sahib (rahmatullahi alaih) was a companion of Hadhrat Mufti Mahmood Sahib (rahmatullahi alaih) in his student days. They used to often eat together. However, they were not classmates. Hadhrat Mufti Sahib (rahmatullahi alaih) was one or two years ahead. Generally, a person would be very casual with his friend, no matter how great a buzurg he may become. But the respect these two Buzurgs had for each other is truly enviable. During their student days, they were quite casual with each other but, as soon as Hadhrat Thanwi (rahmatullahi alaih) had given Khilaafat to Hadhratjee, Moulana Maseehullah Sahib (rahmatullahi alaih), Hadhrat Mufti Sahib began honouring him, and abandoned all forms of informality.

After completion, Hadhrat Moulana Maseehullah (rahmatullahi alaih) intended to go to Thanabawan and spend some time in the company of his shaikh. Hadhrat Mufti Sahib (rahmatullahi alaih) carried his bedding and they both went to Thanabawan by foot.
Someone has beautifully stated:
'In the veil of helplessness is hidden the height of your perfection. In humility is hidden your high position.'
It was almost impossible for Hadhrat Faqeeh-ul-Ummat (rahmatullahi alaih) to pass Jalalabad and not meet Hadhrat Maseeh-ul-Ummat (rahmatullahi alaih) even if it was for only a few minutes. Once, Faqeeh-ul-Ummat (rahmatullahi alaih) returned from a long journey, which he had undertaken for an eye operation that had previously been carried out in London. Due to certain complications, Hadhrat (rahmatullahi alaih) had to stay in Calcutta for about three months, during which he had undergone two further operations. He had become very weak, but this did not deter him from his ma`mool (routine). On his return, Hadhrat (rahmatullahi alaih) travelled by bus to Janjaanah to visit his daughter and other close relatives. Jalalabad was on the way.
The bus stopped near the Madrasah en-route from Nanotah and there were no rickshaws available here. From the bus stop to Hadhrat Moulana Maseehullaah Sahib's residence is quite a distance. This humble servant (Mufti Farooq Sahib (daamat barakaatuhu)) told Hadhrat Moulana Ebrahim Sahib (daamat barakaatuhu), "Rickshaws are not available from here. We may get off at the bus rank where we will be able to get a rickshaw. This will be much easier." Hadhrat (rahmatullahi alaih) heard me saying this. He then asked Moulana Ebrahim Sahib what was the matter. Hadhrat Moulana informed him about the discussion. Hadhrat Faqeeh-ul-Ummat (rahmatullahi alaih) replied, "No bhai, we will get off right here. We should also walk a little when going to visit the pious. In fact, we should have walked from Deoband! If we were not able to do that, then shouldn't we at least walk from here?"
When I (Mufti Farooq Sahib) heard this, I was shocked. Was this a devoted, sincere mureed going to visit his shaikh or a companion going to meet his companion?
We don't even contemplate on such etiquettes when visiting our Shaikhs, let alone our friends. Our condition is such that we worship our desires, our own motives and desire fame. To understand these salient and noble actions of these saintly personalities is difficult. We cannot attain this unless we do not annihilate our desires and exert ourselves purely for the pleasure of Allah Ta`ala. However, such choice behaviour is rarely found in the world today. This was the respect Hadhrat Faqeeh-ul-Ummat (rahmatullahi alaih) had shown.
Now let us look at the other side. Hadhrat Maseeh-ul-Ummat (rahmatullahi alaih) was informed of Hadhrat's arrival. He immediately stood up and came outside to meet Hadhrat, who had already reached there. He then embraced Hadhrat, kissed his hands, took Hadhrat by the hand and led him into the house and requested Hadhrat to sit on his bed. Thereafter, a very informal conversation followed. When Hadhrat(rahmatullahi alaih) was departing, Hadhrat Maseeh-ul-Ummat (rahmatullahi alaih) came out to bid him farewell.
On one occasion, Hadhrat Faqeeh-ul-Ummat (rahmatullahi alaih) visited Jalalabad. Again there was this same mutual love and respect for each other. Hadhrat Maseeh-ul- Ummat (rahmatullahi alaih) enquired about many masaa'il. He showed Hadhrat (rahmatullahi alaih) his wudhu khana, bathroom etc., askingmasaa'il pertaining to cleanliness. He also enquired about salaam and the reply to salaam.
Once, this humble servant (Mufti Farooq Sahib) went to Jalalabad to visit Hadhrat Maseeh-ul-Ummat(rahmatullahi alaih). I still relish the manner in which he had enquired about Hadhrat Faqeeh-ul-Ummat(rahmatullahi alaih). The words are more or less like this, "How is our respected and honourable Mufti Sahib?" He repeated this thrice in a most loving and warm manner.
Hadhrat Faqeeh-ul-Ummat (rahmatullahi alaih) and Hadhrat Maseeh-ul-Ummat (rahmatullahi alaih) also had differences in certain masaa'il. For example, in the mas'alah of Shura and administration, Hadhrat Moulana Maseehullah Sahib (rahmatullahi alaih) had published a kitaab by the name of 'Ihtimaam and Shura'. A book of the same nature was also published by Hadhrat Mufti Mahmood Sahib (rahmatullahi alaih), by the name of 'Shura and Ihtimaam' but, it had a totally different view. This mas'alah became the topic of discussion throughout the country but, it did not change the affection and respect these two saintly personalities had for each other." (Hadhrat Mufti Mahmood Hasan Gangohi (Rahmatullahi Alayh) - His life and works, pg. 162-164)
+2 -0Like x 2
Rank Image
U.S.
Brother
#8 [Permalink] Posted on 2nd February 2013 16:19
Being Considerate to the Host

Once, Hadhrat Moullana Khaleel Ahmad Saharanpuri (rahmatullahi alaihi) arrived at Meerut during the late portion of the night. Thus, he felt that if he went to Hadhrat Moulana Aashiq Ilaahi Sahib (rahmatullahi alaihi) at that time of the night, he would be disturbing him. Hence, he slept in the Musjid. When he awoke for Tahajjud, he lowered a bucket into the well to draw out water.
In the meantime, Hadhrat Moulana Aashiq Ilaahi Sahib (rahmatullahi alaihi) whilst asleep dreamt that Hadhrat (rahmatullahi alaihi) had come and slept in the Musjid and is now drawing water out of the well. Suddenly his eyes opened and he could hear the sound of a bucket in the well. He got up with a shock to find Hadhrat (rahmatullahi alaihi) drawing water from the well. Immediately he came up to Hadhrat (rahmatullahi alaihi) and asked, "Why didn't you wake me up?" Hadhrat (rahmatullahi alaihi) replied, "What was the need to disturb your sleep? I slept very comfortably in the Musjid." (Malfoozaat of Faqeeh-ul-Ummat Vol 2 Pg 377)
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
U.S.
Brother
#9 [Permalink] Posted on 2nd February 2013 16:21
The Dunya in the Shoes of the Ahlullah (Pious)

Once, Hadhrat Moulana Qaasim Nanotwi (rahmatullahi alaihi) was having his hair cut in front of his room, in the Chatta Musjid when a wealthy landowner of Meerut came to meet him. After making salaam to Moulana (rahmatullahi alaihi), he placed a bag of gold coins at Moulana's feet. Moulana (rahmatullahi alaihi) gently moved it away. He begged Moulana to accept it, but Moulana refused to take even part of it. Eventually, he took all the wealth, placed it in Hadhrat's shoes, and went away.
When Hadhrat Moulana stood up, he removed the gold coins from his shoes and they fell onto the ground. He then wore his shoes and with much amusement said to Hafiz Anwaar-ul-Haq Sahib Deobandi, "Hafiz Jee, we also earn the dunya and the people of the world also earn the dunya. The difference is that we forsake the dunya and it falls at our feet whilst the worldly people fall at its feet and the dunya forsakes them."
(Malfoozaat of Faqeeh-ul-Ummat Vol 2 Pg 367)
+2 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
U.S.
Brother
#10 [Permalink] Posted on 3rd February 2013 11:40

A C.I.D. Agent Stays by Hadhrat Moulana Rashid Ahmad Gangohi (Rahmatullahi Alaihi)

Once a person came and stayed with Hadhrat Moulana Gangohi (rahmatullahi alaihi) for a few days. When he was leaving, he mentioned to Hadhrat (rahmatullahi alaihi), "I do not want to deceive you. I am a C.I.D. agent on behalf of the government. I have come to investigate your source of income." Hadhrat (rahmatullahi alaihi) asked him, "What has this to do with the government?" He answered, "We had information that you have ties with thieves and rogues and this is how you earn your income." Hadhrat Moulana Gangohi (rahmatullahi alaihi) then asked him, "What was the outcome of your investigation?" He replied, "You do not have any contact with rogues and thieves. In fact if a thief spends some time with you, he will abandon all his evil habits." Thereafter, Hadhrat (rahmatullahi alaihi) asked him, "How do you think I earn my wealth?" He replied, "Those people who come to you, give you some wealth. You do not accept gifts from anybody and if you do accept then you accept very little." After a little while, he asked Hadhrat (rahmatullahi alaihi), "Why is it that these people give you money?" Hadhrat (rahmatullahi alaihi) remained completely silent.
After sitting there for a while, the C.I.D. agent took out two rupees from his pocket and gave them to Hadhrat (rahmatullahi alaihi). Hadhrat (rahmatullahi alaihi) smiled and asked him, "And why is it that you are giving this money to me?" He replied, "I just desire to give you two rupees." Thus, Hadhrat Moulana Gangohi (rahmatullahi alaihi) stated, "I also do not know why you are giving them to me. It is His work and He runs all the affairs (i.e. Allah Ta`ala takes care of everyone's affairs)."
Malfoozaat of Faqeeh-ul-Ummat Vol 2 Pg 337
+2 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
U.S.
Brother
#11 [Permalink] Posted on 3rd February 2013 11:47
Spiritual Light in Simple Gifts

It was the practice of Haaji Imdaadullah (rahmatullahi alaih) that when anything edible (e.g. grapes) were presented to him as a gift, then he would eat one grape and distribute the rest. On such occasions he would say that when something comes to you purely for the love of Allah Ta'ala, then you should most certainly partake of it, as there is noor (spiritual light) in it.
Once a pious person set out to meet another pious person. On his way the thought crossed his mind, that I am off to meet a pious person and I do not have anything to present to him. Just then he saw dry sticks on the ground which had fallen on their own from the trees above. He simply gathered a few sticks and placed them on his head with this in mind that the pious person may use them to light a fire and bake his bread. On reaching the pious person he presented the sticks to him. The pious person accepted the gift with joy and such appreciation that he called his servant and instructed him thus, "Take these sticks and keep them safely. When I die, use them to warm my ghusl water, for I have this hope that due to the blessing of these sticks my salvation and forgiveness will take place." [Malfoozaat of Hakeemul Ummat]
Lesson: In presenting those sticks there was no show or formality. It was given with sincerity and in the deep love of Allah Ta'ala. Thus such a gift had that special noor (spiritual light) which the pious person perceived and wished to take benefit from. We too need to come onto sincerity, simplicity, informality, and humility when presenting our gifts and it should be given with the heart immersed in the love of Allah Ta'ala.
+2 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
U.S.
Brother
#12 [Permalink] Posted on 5th February 2013 22:54
Concerns for Acceptance

Once, Shaikhul Hind Moulana Mahmoodul Hasan (rahmatullahi alaih) was seen in deep thought while he was in prison (due to waging jihad against the English). On being asked the reason, he replied, "I don't know if all of this is accepted or not."
Despite their great efforts with sincerity, our elders always had their gaze on their hearts as to whether what they are doing is correct or not and whether it would be accepted in the court of Allah Ta'ala or not (Discourse of Mufti Mahmood Hasan Gangohi rahimahullah).
+2 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
U.S.
Brother
#13 [Permalink] Posted on 5th February 2013 22:57
Caution with regards to Madrasah Property

Moulana Zuhurul Haq Sahib (rahmatullahi alaih) used to be in charge of the kitchen at the madrasah's annual jalsah. His work kept him in madrasah, but he never ate from the madrasah meals. He sent for food from his home. His degree of caution was such, that he would not even taste the salt of the food during the preparation of the meals. Instead he would call a student to taste it, though this tasting was not for his benefit, rather for the madrasah.
Moulana Khalil Ahmad Saharanpuri Sahib (rahmatullahi alaih) was seated on the madrasah cushion which is provided for the asaatizah to use whilst teaching. Someone approached him for some personal mashwara. At once he got up and sat at another spot. When he was asked about the reason for his moving, he replied: "The cushion has been provided by the madrasah for teaching and not for personal mashwaras. Through the caution of our Ulama, there was such barkat in their knowledge and their students, that it brightened up the entire world. (Discourse of Mufti Mahmood Hasan Gangohi rahimahullah).
+2 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
U.S.
Brother
#14 [Permalink] Posted on 5th February 2013 22:59
Adherence to the Sunnah

Shaikh Muhammad Rashid Rida (a famous Egyptian scholar) once visited Deoband. He was partaking of some sweetmeats with Moulana Anwar Shah Kashmiri (rahmatullahi alaih). He was eating with a spoon and Moulana Anwar Shah Kashmiri (rahmatullahi alaih) was eating with his fingers. So he asked Moulana Anwar Shah Kashmiri (rahmatullahi alaih): Why don't you eat with a spoon? Moulana Anwar Shah Kashmiri (rahmatullahi alaih) replied, "This spoon (i.e. the fingers) is much better than that spoon. This spoon can feel the heat of the food whereas that spoon cannot, this spoon can bend whereas that one cannot, this spoon is completely easy on the mouth whereas that spoon is tough and this spoon has got taste whereas that spoon does not." Thereafter he asked Moulana Anwar Shah Kashmiri (rahmatullahi alaih) that when different ahadith suggest different things, then which one do you follow. Moulana Anwar Shah Kashmiri (rahmatullahi alaih) gave him a very detailed answer in Arabic. When Shaikh Muhammad Rashid Rida returned home, he said: "If I did not see Deoband, my entire journey would have been a wasted effort." He also said: "The science of hadith had been wiped out from the entire world, May Allah Ta`ala reward our brothers from India who have preserved this science" (Discourse of Mufti Mahmood Hasan Gangohi rahimahullah).
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
U.S.
Brother
#15 [Permalink] Posted on 5th February 2013 23:02
Abu Taalib Deobandi wrote:
Adherence to the Sunnah

Shaikh Muhammad Rashid Rida (a famous Egyptian scholar) once visited Deoband. He was partaking of some sweetmeats with Moulana Anwar Shah Kashmiri (rahmatullahi alaih). He was eating with a spoon and Moulana Anwar Shah Kashmiri (rahmatullahi alaih) was eating with his fingers. So he asked Moulana Anwar Shah Kashmiri (rahmatullahi alaih): Why don't you eat with a spoon? Moulana Anwar Shah Kashmiri (rahmatullahi alaih) replied, "This spoon (i.e. the fingers) is much better than that spoon. This spoon can feel the heat of the food whereas that spoon cannot, this spoon can bend whereas that one cannot, this spoon is completely easy on the mouth whereas that spoon is tough and this spoon has got taste whereas that spoon does not." Thereafter he asked Moulana Anwar Shah Kashmiri (rahmatullahi alaih) that when different ahadith suggest different things, then which one do you follow. Moulana Anwar Shah Kashmiri (rahmatullahi alaih) gave him a very detailed answer in Arabic. When Shaikh Muhammad Rashid Rida returned home, he said: "If I did not see Deoband, my entire journey would have been a wasted effort." He also said: "The science of hadith had been wiped out from the entire world, May Allah Ta`ala reward our brothers from India who have preserved this science" (Discourse of Mufti Mahmood Hasan Gangohi rahimahullah).

Allahu Akbar!!!!!!! why waste time(within reason) on the few bad apples when we can talk about things like this...ALLAHU AKBAR!!
No post ratings