Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open

These were our Elders: Anecdotes from the lives of the Akabirin

You have contributed 0.0% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
Yasin, abu mohammed, Abu Taalib Deobandi, ummi taalib, Seifeddine-M, Taalibah, Black Turban, anataalib, dr76, samah, the fake shaykh, Acacia, london786, bint e aisha, Mulla, Ummati0
2 guests appreciate this topic.
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#31 [Permalink] Posted on 19th June 2014 18:15
(bism1)

Muqtada e Islam aur Sufiya e Karam ke Aakhri lamhaat By Hazrat Maulana Muhammed Ruhullah Naqshbandi Ghafuri db

P:325 - 326

The Last Moments of Mehboob Subhani Hazrat Shaikh Syed Abdul Qadir Jeelani رحمة الله عليه

Hazrat Mehboob Subhani رحمة الله عليه left for hereafter in the Period of Hijri - 562. His age at the time of passing away was Ninety years. During the time of his terminal illness he would reply very reasonably to queries from one and all. While in illness people would ask which organ of his body pained the most.. and he replied that except his heart.. each part of his body was in agony..
And when asked of his illness the reply would be "The nature of my illness is only known to the Lord"
After ghusl.. kafn and praying Namaz e Janazah Hazrat was buried..

Before his demise.. the 'will' he left for his son Shaikh Abdul Wahhab Qadri رحمة الله عليه contained some of the following -

1 Give preference to Taqwa over your Nafs.

2.Do not fear or be scared of anyone except Allah سبحانه وتعالى

3.Remain steadfast on Tauheed all through your life.

4.The person who submits himself to the Lord, all the creations are made subservient to him..

It is a known historical fact that he remained in the agony of death for a whole day and night and except for Zikrullah he never once uttered - 'uff'

- According to numerous reports he was blessed with many children.. that numbered about forty nine.. Twenty seven boys and twenty two girls..

His eldest son was Saifuddin Abdul Wahhab رحمة الله عليه born in 522AH and the second was Sharfuddin Eesa رحمة الله عليه and even he was an erudite scholar..Third was Shamsuddin azeez رحمة الله عليه fourth was Sirajuddin Abul Farrah رحمة الله عليه, fifth-Abu ishaq Ibrahim رحمة الله عليه, sixth- Abul Fadhl Muhammed رحمة الله عليه, seventh Abdur rahman Abdullah, eighth- Abu zakariya yahya, ninth- Syed Salih, tenth- Ziauddin Abu Nasr Musa, eleventh- Syed yousuf, twelfth- Syed Abdul Ghaffar,thirteetnth syed syed habibullah, fifteenth- Syed abdul Ghani, sixteenth-syed mansoor, seventeenth syed Abdul Ghafur, eighteenth syed Abdul Khaliq, nineteenth Syed Abdur Rawoof and twentieth was syed Muhiuddin ( rahmatullahi alaihi ajmaen)

The names of remaining sons could not be known also little knowledge remains about his pious wives and his daughters.

END
report post quote code quick quote reply
+2 -0Winner x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#32 [Permalink] Posted on 19th June 2014 18:23
(bism1)

The following incident is taken from Yadgaar Waqiat by Maulana Muhammed Ishaq Multani sahab db..
P:240

The Status of Ameer e Shari'at رحمة الله عليه

Hazrat Maulana Abdulllah Darkhwasti sahab رحمة الله عليه had been for Haj.. he had made an intention never to return back to Pakistan.. during his stay at Madinah Munawwarah he was blessed with the Ziarah of the Beloved Prophet (saw) in his dream..He said:

" There is an ample effort of deen here... return to Pakistan.. whence there.. convey my salam to My son Ata'ullah Shah Bukhari..and tell him owing to his work on the Khatm e Nubuwwat front.. im pleased here at the Green dome.. remain steadfast.. do this work actively.. I shall make dua for you.."

Hazrat Maulana Darkhwasti رحمة الله عليه completed his Haj.. reached Multan straightaway.. Hazrat Syed Ata'ullah Shah Bukhari رحمة الله عليه was keeping ill those times...and was confined to bedrest.. He narrated the dream to Hazrat Shah sahab رحمة الله عليه .. Who on hearing this became so overwhelmed that he fell down his bed unconscious...when he regained himself much later.. he kept on inquiring... "Darkhwasti sahab..! did my master even take my name..?" ...and Maulana Darwasti sahab replied .."yes..! He did take your name..." and what to speak of now.. he was really filled with rapture..

Hazrat Maulana Muhammed Ali Jalandhari sahab رحمة الله عليه narrated that after his passing away I once saw him in my dream.. I asked him " Shah sahab ..! do let us know.. how was the matter of the grave..?" and Shah sahab replied " Brother..it is a very gruelling station.." " it is only by the Barakah of The Holy Prophet (saw) 's Khatm e Nubuwwat.. that I was pardoned.. if you were given the power to hear over my grave then do listen.. every inch of my grave would be crying out that Mirza Qadiani and his followers are kafir.."

END

May Allah سبحانه وتعالى raise his rank and grant him highest stations of Firdaus.. and to all the shuhada of khatm e Nubuwwat martyred by the Qadiani kuffar.. and Khabees shias..
My request to all brothers and sisters to recite surah Ikhlas 10 times and send the isaal e sawab to Hazrat Syed Ata'ullah shah Bukhari sahab رحمة الله عليه and to all the shuhada .. what else can we give them..
+2 -0Like x 1Ameen x 1Winner x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#33 [Permalink] Posted on 19th June 2014 18:27
(bism1)

The following incident is taken from Yadgaar Waqiat by Maulana Muhammed Ishaq Multani sahab db..
P:91

A Strange Incident of Hazrat Maulana Rafi'uddin sahab رحمة الله عليه

Hazrat Maulana Rafi'uddin sahab رحمة الله عليه had migrated to Makkah Mukarramah.. he also passed away there.. he was aware of the Hadith that Nabi Kareem (saw) had made the Shaybi family custodians of the key to the Holy Kaaba.. that Even if (god forbid) all the families in Makkah were to be ruined.., the family of Shaybi shall last till the day of judgment..

This was his faith.. Maulana had a strange plan..
Truly, these buzurgs deserve praise..how far do they think..

Maulana collected a Hamail Shareef (pocket edition of Holy Qur'an) and a sword... and wrote a letter to Imam Mahdi..:

" Faqeer Rafi'uddin deobandi resides in Makkah Mu'azzamah and you are organizing for Jihad.. the Mujahideen are with you and shall get the same rewards as those of Badr.. This Hamail is presented by Rafi'uddin for your own self as a gift... and the sword may be given to a Mujahid that he would fight on my behalf and I shall get the reward of Mujahideen e Badr..."

Taking the sword and Hamail he entrusted it with a Shaybi who was the Shaybi of that period.. and told him that till the advent of Mahdi this shall remain in Amanah ( in custody) with you..

That you shall make this a will to pass on to your successor when death approaches..also pass the message that at the time of his death, he has to make the will that the Hamail and sword of "Rafi'uddin" shall continue in the family for generations.. till Imam Mahdi arises.. such that the Shaybi of that time would deliver both these presents of mine to Imam mahdi..

(Khutbaat Hakeem ul Islam)
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#34 [Permalink] Posted on 19th June 2014 18:37
(bism1)

P:155-156

It is Not Permissible to destroy any old place of Worship.

Sultan Sikandar Lodhi (died 923H,1561 AD) was faced with an issue that many Hindus of Delhi participated in the group bath at Kurukshetra fair.. they used to come in great numbers and a religious fair was observed..People complained to Sikander Lodhi that an Islamic Sultanate should not have such customs.

Sikandar Lodhi attempted to halt it, but before that he sought the counsel of Ulema... Malik al Ulema Hazrat Maulana Abdullah Ajodhani رحمة الله عليه was also present in the meeting..
All the ulema collectively hinted towards him saying that his opinion would be the final word and it shall be the decision of all of us... Sikandar Lodhi wished that Maulana Abdullah would give a ruling prohibiting the Fair..

Maulana Abdullah inquired " What is this Kurukshetra..?"
He replied that " it is a very big tank where Hindus from Delhi.. near and far gather for a bath.."

Maulana asked " how old is this custom..?" and people replied " it is prevalent since olden times.."
Maulana Abdullah gave a Fatwa saying

" To destroy any old place of worship regardless of its religious affiliation, from an Islamic perspective, is Not permissible.."

When Sikander Lodhi heard the decision being made against his wishes.. with hands gripping on his dagger he said..:
"This Fatwa of yours is favorable to the Hindus.. I shall slay you first then destroy kurukshetra"

Maulana Abdullah replied him with great courage and audacity:

"No one dies without the orders of Allah سبحانه وتعالى .. Whenever I visit a tyrant.. i prepare myself for death beforehand.. you inquired me of a Shari'i injunction.. so I have informed you of .. if you have no concern for Shari'ah.. then what was the need to ask.."

Hearing this firm response... Sikander remained mute.. after a while when his fury settled down and the meeting was dispersed.. he quipped at Maulana " Miyan Abdullah..! do keep meeting me.."

( Waqiat Mushtaq, P:61)

+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#35 [Permalink] Posted on 19th June 2014 18:47
(bism1)

The Following incident is taken from Yadgaar Mulaqaten by Maulana Muhammed Ishaq Multani sahab db
P:173 - 178

The Meeting of Hazrat Shaikh Salmah bin dinar رحمة الله عليه with Khaleefa Sulaiman

In the year 97 Hijri the notable Umayyad khaleefa Sulaiman bin Abdul Malik set out from Damascus for Haj Baitullah.. apart from individuals of the Royal family he was also accompanied by people of knowledge and virtue.. they formed a large jamat...who made an intention for hajj e baitullah in compliance with the call of Ibrahim (Alaihis salam)..

The first station of this mighty caravan was Madinah Munawwara where Salam had to be presented in the service of Khair-ul-anam (saw) and gain its honour..
Khalifa.. ulema .. fuqaha and Muhadditheen presented their salam at the Raudah Aqdas with respect and veneration.. thereby gaining the nobility of ziarah..

After the blessed ziarah.., Khalifa Sulaiman bin Abdul Malik presented the city dwellers with an opportunity to meet him...the people of city came in hordes to meet...but the Qadhi and Imam of Madinah Munawwara Shaikh Salmah bin Dinar رحمة الله عليه was not present amongst the people..

After the meeting and discharge of some important tasks..., khalifa Sulaiman bin Abdul Malik counselled with his friends about spending a few days in the blessed city to gain its virtues and barakah.

contd..
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#36 [Permalink] Posted on 19th June 2014 18:51
(bism1)

Everyone concurred with the suggestion of the khalifa.. and this historical caravan of Hajj e baitullah camped down in Madina Munawwara for a couple of days..

Khalifa Sulaiman Bin Abdul Malik also proposed his view that " in the manner iron gets rusted...similarly, does the human heart gets rusted.., and to clean our hearts.. the company of the pious is mandatory...
And the rusting of the heart is an indication of remaining negligent of Aakhirah and distaste for Zikrullah..

Is there anyone present in Madinah Munawwara.. from whose teachings and company we may benefit..?"

People replied " Ameer ul Mu'mineen.. the loftiest Alim in Madinah Munawaara is Shaikh Salmah Bin Dinar رحمة الله عليه who has gained the company of the Sahabah رضي الله عنهم and his position today is of an Imam and one who could be followed.."

"Ulema and Muhadditheen from the world over present themselves at his service.., owing to the huge crowd assembled there .. he does not step out to meet anyone and Masjid e Nabawi Shareef itself his permanent dwelling.. it is possible that he may visit on the request of Ameer ul Mu'mineen.."

Khalifa Sulaiman Abdul Malik sent forth his emissary.. and he presented the message and invitation with great respect and reverence to consider gracing them by his august presence..

Shaikh Salmah bin Dinar رحمة الله عليه accompanied the emissary and the khalifa heartily welcomed him at the palace with great dignity..., seated him close... complaining with love and adulation..:

"Why this aloofness O' Abu Hazim..?"

Shaikh Salmah bin Dinar رحمة الله عليه replied him astonished.. "what rancor.. which aloofness..?"
Sulaiman Bin Abdul Malik replied that "People of the city came to meet me on my arrival and You sir, did not care much..."

contd..
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#37 [Permalink] Posted on 19th June 2014 18:59
(bism1)

The shaikh answered: "Ameer Ul Mu'mineen.. it could've been considered as aloofness if I was aware of your arrival and then did not bother to meet.. only today did I knew of your coming when I was informed through yourself.. iam thankful for your remembrance.."

Submissively ,the khalifa turned to the courtiers and said.."The shaikh has a valid excuse.. indeed I was hasty in my allegation..please.., kindly forgive me..."
The shaikh accepted his aplogy..

Then the khalifa spoke " I have certain issues to inquire..if permitted.. shall I ask..?"
The Shaikh replied " sure..., Sure.."

Khalifa asked him "Why is it that we do not prefer death..?"
The shaikh replied : "That is because we have flourished our duniya and ruined our Aakhirah.. thus it becomes detestable to move from habituation to wilderness.."

Khalifa replied : "Definitely..! this is the cause..", and then he inquired " Sir, how do we know what we have amassed in the Aakhirah..?"
And the Shaikh replied: "Present the deeds of your life in the frame of kitab-ullah.. and you shall come to know.."

Khalifa inquired: " which ayah speaks of such..?"
The shaikh replied: "Innal Abrara lafi na'eem, wa innal fujjara lafi jaheem.." (Surah: Infitar;13,14)
(Lo! The righteous verily will be in delight, and Lo! The wicked verily will be in hell.) (pickthall)

The khalifa again inquired: "if it is so.., then where does the mercy of Allah rests..?
The shaikh replied: " Rahmatallahi qareebun minal muhsineen" (surah:A'araf;56)
(Lo! the mercy of Allah is nigh unto the good.) (pickthall)

The khalifa again asked : "On the day of judgement.. how shall we be presented before Allah ..?"
The shaikh replied: "The righteous amongst the people shall come as if returning home merrily from a long journey... and the wrongdoers shall be brought akin to rebellious slaves...dragged forcefully before their master.."

On this account the khalifa broke down .. crying profusely.. gasping for breath..such that his voice raised..

Contd..
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#38 [Permalink] Posted on 19th June 2014 19:04
(bism1)

The khalifa asked: "Sir, then what is method for our Islah ?"
The shaikh replied: " Renounce your pomp and splendor..and adorn yourself with good character and humility.."

Khalifa: "with this wealth and assets we have ..what is the course to gain the pleasure of Allah ...?"
The shaikh replied: "when you shall earn it rightfully .. spend justly..and distribute it with equity..insha Allah you shall gain his pleasure.."

The khalifa then asked: "Sir, do let us know who is the best among the people..?"
The Shaikh replied: "one who observes Taqwa and cares for his near ones.."

The khalifa asked: "which is the best action of all..?"
And the shaikh replied: "To speak the truth before the person you fear..."

The khalifa asked: "which is the dua that is readily accepted..?"
The shaikh replied: "The dua of the Pious one made for the Pious people.."

The khalifa asked: "which is the best Sadaqa (charity)..?"
The shaikh replied: "The Sadaqa of the poor one given to the desolate beggar.."

The khalifa asked : "who is a wise person..?"
The shaikh replied: "The one who had the strength to worship the Lord and observed it... then guided others towards it.."

The khalifa asked: "who is a fool..?"
The shaikh replied: "The person who fulfills the unlawful wishes of his sinning friend.. thus, he has sold his Akhirah for the sake of duniya of someone else.."

The khalifa said: "Sir, would you approve staying with us... so that we benefit from you.. and in return you seek welfare from us..?"
And the shaikh replied: "Ameer ul Mu'mineen..i seek refuge in Allah..!.. I have no such desire.."

contd..

No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#39 [Permalink] Posted on 19th June 2014 19:10
(bism1)

The khalifa asked: "why so..?"
And the Shaikh replied: "Iam apprehensive of being lured away by your wealth and dominion..and that the wrath of Allah befalls me in both worlds..."

The khalifa said: "If that is not possible then do reveal me of your personal needs.."
The shaikh remained silent on this and did not answer..

The khalifa again repeated his request... "Sir, without any hesitation you may divulge your needs... howsoever large it may be.."
The shaikh replied: "Listen..! My first and last desire is that you save me from hell fire and secure my entry in jannah.."

The khalifa replied: "I have no power over this.."
The shaikh replied : "Then I have nothing to ask of you.."

The khalifa asked: "will you make dua for me..?"
The Shaikh replied: "O Allah..! if your bondsman Sulaiman Bin Abdul Malik is from your Maqbool servants.., then shower him with all the blessings of both the worlds.. and if he is amongst those ostracized..then make his Islah and guide him to your obedience.."

Amongst the audience.. a person spoke out.. "O shaikh..! You have exceeded way ahead against the honour of Ameer ul Mu'mineen.. You have not observed due respect and dignity while advising him.. you have listed Ameer ul Mu'mineen among the enemies of God..and made dua for his Islah.."

The shaikh replied: "My nephew.. You have not acted with fairness.. Allah has himself taken an oath from the Ulema of this ummat and he has rightfully manifested it everywhere..
Latubayyinunnahu linnasi wa la taktumun.."
(surah:Ale Imran;187)

(Ye are to expound it to mankind and not to hide it..) (pickthall)

contd..
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#40 [Permalink] Posted on 19th June 2014 19:17
(bism1)

Then he turned towards Khalifa Sulaiman Bin Abdul Malik and said:

"Ameer ul Mu'mineen .. the people of previous Ummah lived with khair and aafiya in similar conditions.. and their rich elites approached the ulema to learn deen with much passion and eagerness..then over passing of time, mean and wretched people began to acquire ilm e deen.. and they began to seek duniya from Ahle duniya.. and in this quest kept attending to them for personal gains.. such that the wealthy turned heedless towards the ulema.. due to which they were disgraced themselves and also in the sight of Allah سبحانه وتعالى being deprived of his blessings..

If only did these ulema remain indifferent to the wealth and status of Ahl e duniya.. then the elite of this ummah would have been indebted to the ilm and Amal of these ulema.. and would have considered it a nobility to present themselves in their service..

But this did not happen.. and the ulema sought the pleasure and good will of the wealthy.. they went astray and also led others astray.. such that the worth of ahle ilm People was lost gradually.. and the common folk became negligent of the Akhirah.."

The khalifa remarked "without any doubt..! the shaikh has spoken the truth.. fa jazakumullah khair al jaza.."

The Khalifa said : "Please, do kindly extend your advice..By Allah..! never before did I hear words of such ilm and Hikmah from anyone.."
The Shaikh replied: "If you have the capacity to accept Truth then these few words of advice are sufficient for guidance..if not, then why should I keep on shooting arrows away from the target..?"

The Khalifa replied: "By Allah..! I have prepared myself to accept every advice from you.."
And the shaikh replied: "Then it is fine..., Listen..! this is my final advice.."

"Always remain aware of the Azmat and Jalal of Allah سبحانه وتعالى .. and fear from the fact that He sees you in any act that He may not approve.. also guard yourself that He watches over you without (You) engaged in any Amal.."

After giving this advice Shaikh Salmah Bin Dinar رحمة الله عليه said Salam and took leave..

(Seerah-at-Tabi'een)

END

duas..

wa Assalam..
+3 -0Like x 2Winner x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#41 [Permalink] Posted on 20th June 2014 15:40
Dearest dr76 keep up the good work. I was reading this thread this morning and was absolutely mesmerized. You kept me awake for around 45 mins extra....
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#42 [Permalink] Posted on 20th June 2014 15:42
dr76 wrote:
View original post

dr76 saab when you get more time could you post more about ml fazlur rahman ganjmuradabadi rh. Amazing person mashallah. Was it true he was a semi-majzoob?
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#43 [Permalink] Posted on 20th June 2014 17:37
london786 wrote:
View original post

I was infact moving the posts from SF here.. worried if they would not renew forum subscription and everything goes down the bin.. Allah forbid..

once moved some more furniture, i shall continue translating إن شاء الله

Request dua for Ikhlaas..
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#44 [Permalink] Posted on 20th June 2014 17:47
london786 wrote:
View original post

Yes i shall إن شاء الله Post the 2nd and last meeting of Hakeem ul ummat Hazrat Thanwi رحمة الله عليه with him.. and it was this meeting when he gave him the Ijaza in Hadeeth..

Hazrat Shaikh ul Hadeeth Maulana Zakariyya sahab رحمة الله عليه would many a time covet to ask Hazrat Thanwi رحمة الله عليه of this Ijaza.. since it was a very strong chain going through Hazrat Maulana Shah Is'haq Muhaddith Dehlawi رحمة الله عليه but would feel shy and think of his own insignificance..

Yes he was a semi Majzoob and would get overwhelmed by the love of Allah سبحانه وتعالى and the sweetness of this he felt the most in Salah..

shall write about it إن شاء الله

wa Assalam..
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#45 [Permalink] Posted on 20th June 2014 19:11
(bism1)

The Following incident is taken from Yadgaar Mulaqaten by Maulana Muhammed Ishaq Multani sahab db
P:132 - 133

The Meeting of Imam Abu Hanifa رحمة الله عليه and Imam Malik رحمة الله عليه

Imam Abu Hanifa رحمة الله عليه was also an inhabitant of the city which was popularly called as Al Kufi La Yufi ( A Kufi is never faithful)

Once Hazrat Imam Abu hanifa رحمة الله عليه reached Madina Munawwara .. Imam Malik رحمة الله عليه resided there ..he asked for introduction as to where he has come from.. ?
Imam Abu Hanifa رحمة الله عليه replied that he has come from Kufa.. and Hazrat Imam Malik رحمة الله عليه said : "People of kufa are Munafiq (hypocrites)...it is a haven for Munafiqeen "

Hazrat Imam Abu Hanifa رحمة الله عليه replied in great respect.. even though he was elder to Imam Malik رحمة الله عليه but was endowed with Noble character.. and was a visitor of Madinah.. he had come to present himself there.. wasn't a dweller of Madina.. and he respected the people of Madinah.. Hazrat Imam Abu Hanifa رحمة الله عليه replied :

"Hazrat..! Iam a stranger and have come to ask of a ruling.."

Imam Malik رحمة الله عليه replied : " Go on.." and Imam Abu Hanifa رحمة الله عليه said: can you please tell me the meaning of this ayah:

"And among those around you of the wandering Arabs there are hypocrites, and among the townspeople of Al-Madinah (there are some who) persist in hypocrisy whom thou (O Muhammad) knowest not. We, We know them" (Surah At-Taubah;101, Pickthall Translation)

Hearing this.. Imam Malik رحمة الله عليه turned pale.. said : "what is your name..who are you..?"

Imam Abu Hanifa رحمة الله عليه replied: " They call me Nau'man.. Abu Hanifa.." Imam Malik رحمة الله عليه rose up..embraced him and apologized for the disrespect..

Said : " So Imam Abu Hanifa also resides there..just like the Madinah where Rasulullah (saw) inhabits...about which Allah سبحانه وتعالى says : Among the dwellers of Madinah are some people who are firm in (their) Nifaq (hypocrisy)"

END

No post ratings