Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open

These were our Elders: Anecdotes from the lives of the Akabirin

You have contributed 0.0% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
Yasin, abu mohammed, Abu Taalib Deobandi, ummi taalib, Seifeddine-M, Taalibah, Black Turban, anataalib, dr76, samah, the fake shaykh, Acacia, london786, bint e aisha, Mulla, Ummati0
2 guests appreciate this topic.
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#16 [Permalink] Posted on 15th April 2014 14:03
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

Shukran for that.
report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#17 [Permalink] Posted on 15th April 2014 15:05
brother afriki haqq could you please recommend some online bookstores i.e. south african ones as you guys have access to books we do not have. jazakallah khairan
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#18 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd April 2014 14:41
Ḥaḍrat Madanī attending the jalsas at Miftāḥ al-'Ulūm

Shaykh al-Islām Mawlānā Sayyid Ḥusayn Aḥmad Madanī would attend the Miftāḥ al-'Ulūm (Jalalabad) jalsas if he was nearby. On one occasion en route to the jalsa someone mentioned to him: "Where are you going to? Do not you know that he is against us?" (Here he was referring to the fact that Mawlānā Masīḥ Allāh Khān Shīrwānī was in favour of the Muslim League and Ḥaḍrat Madanī was in favour of the Congress.) Those who were with him tried to stop him from going to Jalalabad until eventually Ḥaḍrat Madanī said: "I will most definitely go there. Ḥaḍrat Mawlānā Masīḥ Allāh Ṣāḥib is there. Islām teaches us to make friends with people and not to make your friends into enemies. I will most definitely participate in the jalsa." Ḥaḍrat Madanī attended the jalsa, delivered a lecture as well and also signed the certificates of the students who qualified.

After the demise of Ḥaḍrat Mawlānā Thanawī, Ḥaḍrat Madanī would regularly attend the jalsas in Jalalabad.

Ḥaḍrat Mawlānā Masīḥ Allāh Khān Ṣāḥib. Isipingo Beach: Ta'līmī Board Jamī'at 'Ulamā' (KZN). p. 168.
+2 -0Like x 2
Rank Image
India
Brother
#19 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd April 2014 17:07
(bism1)
(salaam)

Mufti Mahmud Hasan Gangohi rh.a relates:

"It was the habit of Mawlana Mazhar Nanautwi rh.a that he would often lick his upper lip. Someone once asked him the reason for this, but the respected Mawlana did not inform him. When this person insisted, Mawlana remarked, 'When the battle against the British took place at Shamli, and the Muslims were being attacked, some of my comrades were dying and my leg was also hit by a bullet (due to which it became paralysed). In this state, I saw Hurs (damsels of Paradise) with glasses in their hands. The glasses were filled with a special type of drink that they were giving to those of my fallen comrades who were dying and had no chance of surviving. As this was happening, one of the damsels came towards me. She had just placed a glass against my mouth when another damsel took hold of her hands, pulled them away [from me] and said, 'He is not among those who are to pass away.' A very small amount of this drink fell on my upper lip, the [sweet] taste of which remains till today. This is why I have this habit [of licking my upper lip.]"

Malfuzat-e-Faqih al-Ummat: Vol 3, p. 264-265 by Mufti Muhammad Faruq Mirathi
+6 -0Like x 2Winner x 4
Rank Image
India
Brother
#20 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd April 2014 18:15
(bism1)
(salaam)

Shaykh Zulfiqar Ahmad Naqshbandi (db)
Extracted from The Treasure of this World and the Hereafter

''In 1987, Qari Abdul Basit rh.a was visiting America, the same Qari Abdul Basit whose cassettes of the Holy Quran have become famous. Someone asked him once if he had seen a miracle of the Holy Quran, to which Qari Abdul Basit rh.a said, "Just one miracle? I can relate thousands which I have seen with my own eyes." The man asked him to relate some, so Qari Abdul Basit started talking.

Qari Abdul Basit related an event from the time of Jamal Abdul Nasser, who was once the president of Egypt. Communism was at its height, and once while on tour of the Soviet Union, Nasser was pressured heavily to become a communist and thus spread the doctrine in his country. He was promised that the Soviet Union would make Egypt a technological giant if only Nasser would renounce Islam and introduce Communism as the state religion. Abdul Nasser politely refused and thus ended this particular tour. He reached home but was restless that he had not defended Islam as sufficiently as he should have because he was not knowledgeable enough.

Abdul Nasser was invited to the Soviet Union again after a few years, and so this time he requested Qari Abdul Basit rh.a to come to Moscow with him. Abdul Basit rh.a was surprised because he had never imagined that he would ever be required in the Soviet Union, a land whose government and people refused to acknowledge Allah swt.

On this occasion Jamal Abdul Nasser courageously introduced Qari Abdul Basit rh.a to the Soviet heads of state, telling them that he would recite the Holy Quran, the Book of Islam. Qari Abdul Basit rh.a closed his eyes and started reciting Surah Ta Ha, the same part of the Holy Quran that had made one of the worst enemies of Islam, Hadrat Umar ibn Khattab rz.a, bow to Islam.

Qari Abdul Basit opened his eyes and looked up after reciting two rukus, and he saw the miracle of the Holy Quran in front of his eyes. Four to five heads of the Communist Party were in tears. Jamal Abdul Nasser smiled and asked, "Why are you crying?" to which one of them replied, "We don't know. We haven't understood a word but there is something in this Quran that has melted our hearts and compelled us to cry. We don't know what has done this."

+5 -0Like x 5
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#21 [Permalink] Posted on 22nd May 2014 13:31

The title of Masīḥ al-Ummah

Mawlānā Masīḥ Allāh Khān Shīrwānī was famously known as Masīḥ al-Ummah. Regarding this title, he once mentioned: “My ‘ustādh, Ḥaḍrat Mufti Sa‘īd Aḥmad Ṣāḥib hosted a jalsa in his madrasah in Kanpur. He invited me to attend the jalsa and deliver a talk. On the jalsa poster, Ḥaḍrat Mufti Ṣāḥib wrote the title Masīḥ al-Ummah together with my name. This title was given to me by my ‘ustādh. This is not a title that was given to me by my students or murīds (disciples) or the ‘awām (general public). If it was a title that was given to me by my students I would have definitely removed it. But because my ‘ustādh had given me this title, how can I then stop it.”

Ḥaḍrat Mawlānā Masīḥ Allāh Khān Ṣāḥib. Isipingo Beach: Ta’līmī Board Jamī’at ‘Ulamā’ (KZN). p. 30-31.

+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#22 [Permalink] Posted on 18th June 2014 20:07
(bism1)

The Alamgir Wisdom of Sultan Alamgir Aurangzeb رحمة الله عليه

The incident belongs to the times of Sultan Alamgir رحمة الله عليه . That during the times of Alamgir رحمة الله عليه, Ulema dwelt in such rank misery that there was none to look after them. being a scholar himself, Alamgir رحمة الله عليه knew the greatness of ahl-e- ilm. He did not publish any sermon in newspapers calling people to care for the Ulema..

Instead, he devised this strategy that when the time for salah approached, he said that today he desires that such a governor of a state who is the Nawab of Deccan should perform his wudhu. The governor of Deccan after sending seven salutations expressed his joy saying it was indeed such a great honour that the emperor ordered him to perform his wudhu.. he understood this as a token that he was about to receive a Jagir.. that the emperor seems very pleased..
Nawab sahab was quick to fill the jug of water and was about to make wudhu...

Alamgir رحمة الله عليه asked him about the Faraiz of wudhu,.. now if only did Nawab sahab make wudhu even once in his entire life would he knew.. he was taken a back..! what shall he answer.. asked him how many wajibaat does it have ..? and he knew nothing about.. asked him how many Sunnah of wudhu..? there was no answer..

Alamgir رحمة الله عليه said it is very sad that you govern a hundred thousand people .. rule over a hundred thousand necks.. and your name being Muslim... that you don't even know the faraiz..wujoob and sunnah of Wudhu.. Iam hopeful that henceforth I shall not see such a face again..

And he treated another one such that in the month of Ramadhan he said: "Today you shall join me at iftar..." to which he replied: "your highness this is such a great honour...else how can this faqeer be so fortunate enough to be remembered by the emperor..".

At the time of iftar he asked him : "Tell me.. Mufsidaat sawm.. due to which a sawm becomes fasid... How many are they..?"

Incidently, he never even once fasted.. never knew what the breachers of fast are in the first place .. and he kept quite.. what could he answer..!

Alamgir رحمة الله عليه said that it was very shameful that you are known as a governor.. Ameer.. and Nawab.. that thousands of people follow your orders.. being a Muslim... a ruler.. and you don't even know what are the actions that breach a fast..?!

Similarly, he asked someone on the masa'il of zakat.. and he dint receive an answer, to another he asked about Hajj and so on.. .. such that everyone failed to answer. Alamgir رحمة الله عليه reprimanded each one that it should not be repeated again..

Now when these governors returned back, they felt the dire need to learn the masail and a search for Ulema began... the Ulema now began to raise their demands... Some pressed for Five hundred rupees as salary... And they were pampered saying ' Huzoor ..! we shall readily pay you a thousand..'. ofcourse they would not risk losing the Jagirs. Even then the Ulema were not available and a nation wide search was on. Even those students still pursuing studies of deen were hired on huge salaries.. and thus all these governors and ruling class became aware of the masail of deen and they turned towards practicing on deen..

Source:

Yadgar waqiat; P:144-145. compiled by Maulana Muhammed Is'haq Multani sahab.
- A series of four Volume books titled Yadgaar Baaten, Yadgaar Mulaqaten, Yadgaar Waqiat and Yadgar Tehreeren. All beautiful pearls taken from the incidents of our Beloved Prophet (saw) ..sahabah.. Taba'een and saliheen..

Wa assalam..
+5 -0Like x 5
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#23 [Permalink] Posted on 18th June 2014 20:10
(bism1)

The Incident of a Victorious General

The king of Afghanistan Ameer Dost Muhammed Khan sahab was a pious ruler... his religious discourses had set an example.. once while he entered the Royal courtyard a pall of gloom was evident on his face.. his wife inquired saying' why do I see sorrow and greif on your face today..' he replied saying he has just been informed of a very major incident due to which he is struck with worry and grief.. and that is Afghanistan was under seige by an enemy and I had dispatched our Prince with the army for battle...

' Today news have reached me from the border that our Prince has been defeated and he is retreating back home being chased by the enemy, who are conquering the lands one after the other in his pursuit... so I have been saddened with dual grief, one of the lands I have lost which shall cede to others.. and second that My Prince returned defeated from battle field displaying cowardice... and I have to carry this blot till the last breath of my life.. that My Prince was weak and a coward.. both these sorrows have gloomed my countenance '

Begum replied saying that these are all blatant lies and 'you have been misinformed.. My Prince cannot return on his heels defeated... it could happen that he may have been martyred but that he turned his back on the enemy is just not possible.. these are nothing but lies..'

The king replied saying that this has been sourced from the Special Royal office... she said even the office lied... now the ruler said to himself... Who can explain to this woman...she refuses to understand.. neither is she aware of the government affairs nor the Royal offices or official documents.. that she deemed them all as liars.. she is only accustomed to sitting at home .. how can anyone reason with her.. and he went away..

The next day when he returned back.. with a face beaming with joy.. Begum asked him the reason why he looked so happy.. said that what you had told me yesterday infact turned out to be true..and the scene is such that the enemy was chased away by our prince and he is marching back as a hero, amidst the beating drums of victory.. and he has really chased them far away..

His wife replied saying Alhamdulillah god has made my words come true.. upon this the king asked her the reason for claiming with such firm conviction that her son did not return defeated.. that she received any ilham..

She replied saying 'Im only a woman... What do I have to do with ilham.. and Iam a Royalty surrounded with all luxuries.. how could I ever become such a wali that I receive Ilhamaat from the Almighty..' 'Then how could you lay such a strong claim that all the news were false and they really turned out to be so... so what is this...' asked the king.

Begum replied saying that it is a secret which she does not wish to disclose. Now the King was bent on knowing as what could be so secretive that should remain hidden even from the husband... ofcourse he remains the closest confidante.. so after much persuasion the wife finally agreed to spill out..

Said that ' When I was still carrying the prince in my womb.. I Pledged to Allah that I shall never eat even a single morsel which was doubtful...such that I never ever took even a single paisa from the Royal treasury.. nor from the allowance that was remitted to you.. I laboured myself in sewing caps... sold them...and survived on that income...so for nine months I observed with outmost Taqwa to use totally halal nourishment.. and when he was born, instead of giving him off to others to breastfeed, I myself suckled him.. and I continued the pledge for the next two years that nothing doubtful shall ever enter my gut..

so I continued to labour.. earning and eating from the income.. and also made a habit that whenever the baby cried for milk I would perform Wudhu.. pray two Rak'ats of Nafl make dua and then feed him.. when I would purify my exterior my inward also remained chaste with the pure earnings.. and I never ate anything doubtful.. so when he grew in my womb on such pure nourishment.. was raised up with such purity...how could he ever develop such disgraceful traits..

Source :Yadgaar Mulaqaten; P:468-469
+3 -0Like x 1Winner x 2
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#24 [Permalink] Posted on 18th June 2014 20:28
(bism1)

The Meeting of Hakeem ul Ummat Thanvi رحمة الله عليه with Hazrat Maulana Fazlur Rahman sahab Ganj muradabadi رحمة الله عليه

Part 1 of 2

Hazrat Hakeem al Ummat رحمة الله عليه says:

" Twice I was blessed with the opportunity to present myself in the service of Hazrat Maulana Shah Fazlur Rahman saheb Ganj muradabadi رحمة الله عليه... I cannot confidently recall the month and year but im quite sure that my first visit was in 1301 Hijri and the month was probably the month of Rabius Thani or Jamadul ula.

since I can only remember this visit to be after the period of my service at Kanpur..and it was my last journey during my association at Kanpur which was approaching the period of Meelad.. and people generally used to inquire about the masail of meelad.. being a fresh Mudarris I had arrived in Kanpur.. and after two months, owing to certain issues, I had resigned and made up my mind to return to Thanabhavan..

During this time when I intended to leave Kanpur, I had this thought about gaining the blessings of hazrat Maulana رحمة الله عليه by visting him... Since I wasn't sure if I would ever travel towards this place again...

There was talib e ilm named Mehdi Hassan who used to study the Qur'an.. taking him along I began my journey towards Moradabad..

Exhausted... We reached at last.. Isha salaah was already over.. and Maulana had retired to his room from the Masjid.. a message was sent through the khadim.. Hazrat asked for us and leaving my companion with the luggage I set forth alone with the khadim..

I remember faintly of a desk set in a corner next to which a rug was spread... and Hazrat Maulana was resting on a cot on the opposite side...

Standing before him I said my salaams.. answering me, he began to speak in his unique accent quite rapidly.. and in one go asked three questions.. Who are you..? Where have you come from..? Why have you come..?

Hazrat Maulana possessed a natural accent that was simple.. he bore a very down to earth temperament.. neither was he accustomed to artificial formalities.. Had a clear nature.. While conversing his tone would speed... especially with those who visited him with etiqad... the way I visited... and people would of course visit him with etiqad..

He spoke with such an accent that a stranger would easily mistaken it as if Maulana was angry.. but this wasn't so.. those who would visit him twice or thrice..would understand by now that his accent was such. Even when he spoke with love and affection his accent remained the same...

So Maulana asked quickly in his unique accent... who are you..? where have you come from..? why have you come..?.. Respectfully, I answered his questions as.. I'am a Talib e Ilm.. I have come from Kanpur... I have come for ziarat..
Listening to this he became even more rapid in speech..

Said:

Bade aaye ziarat wale.. are ye koee waqt hai ziarat ka.. aise waqt kisi ki ziarat ko aaya karte hain.. aadmi ko chahiye ke zara sawere aaye.. doosra kuch roti waghera ka intezaam kar sake.. abh batlao tumhare liye khana kahan se laun.. tumhe khuda ka khauf nahin aaya... tum ko zameen na nigal gayee..

As if. .. Is this the time to visit.. does anyone visit at this hour.. a person should come early in the morning so that one can make due arrangements for food.. now tell me where from can I get you dinner.. weren't you not afraid of god.. did the earth not swallow you..

Iam very much thankful to Allah that after glancing at my heart I did not find any feeling of hurt or complain. Even if he had said anything more I wouldn't have felt bad.
I had presented myself with great etiqad... and that itself was the motive...

But I felt it disrespectful to utter anything now.. this was a rebuke.. what could I answer.. so I stood silent.. after sometime he said ... do you have any money.. I replied yes.. said ok you may leave now.. buy something from the market to eat.. and meet me in the morning.. I said very well.. after saying this he told the khadim to lodge me in a particular house."

Contd..

From- Yadgaar Mulaqaten. Page:354- 356
+1 -0Winner x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#25 [Permalink] Posted on 18th June 2014 20:34
(bism1)

The Meeting of Hakeem al Ummat Thanvi رحمة الله عليه with Hazrat Maulana Fazlur Rahman Ganj muradabadi saheb رحمة الله عليه

" So we accompanied him and he showed us the place.. it looked like an ordinary dwelling.. Quite unsafe.. like a rest house.. anyway I reached there with the transport along with my companion and began to unload our belongings.. it was our intention that we get some eatables from bazaar then take leave in the morning as advised..

Just then a khadim arrived saying that Maulana wants to see me.. I said to myself he must have remembered something more.. anyway.. I have come here to listen it all.. so i went along and stood before Maulana..
He ordered me to sit down.. the accent was still the same.. but this time there was love and affection.. since we shall know later.. his accent was such.. owing to his very simple nature.. hearing this I sat near the Takht ( wooden seat like a diwan) on the coired mattress..

Said. .come here sit on the takht.. so I sat there as told.. then he asked the khadim to get me food from his daughters place.. and the khadim immediately returned with food..
In a vessel there was some gravy.. probably arhar daal (split red gram curry) atop which were kept some rotis..(Indian bread)..

When the khadim placed the food before me, Maulana looked on.. even though the lamp was dim and I was sitting at a distance.. his eyesight was quite good even at this age.. looking at the food he said to the khadim.. ill-mannered fellow..! is this how you serve food to guests.. you could have brought the roti in another plate.. and gravy in a separate vessel.. how could you bring the roti on top of a vessel..?

Khadim replied that he searched but could not find the plate.. said now you lie !..is it not placed on that particular rack..? this he may have said by kashf..

Maulana was known for his kashf.. hearing this khadim hurried and fetched the plate..
orelse I had to eat all those rotis holding in my hand.. when I began to eat he asked me what is the food..?

I said hazrat its arhar daal and roti.. he replied Subhan Allah this is a great blessing..! You are learned man.. And you studied under Maulvi Muhammed Yaqoob.. Maulana had kashf.. said he was a very good man.. this was the heaviest praise Maulana could offer.. since Maulana abstained from exaggeration in praise..

Saying that he was a very good person was itself a heavy praise...this also proved the relation between Maulana and Hazrat Maulana Muhammed Yaqoob sahab..
Said You are a learned man.. you know how the condition of sahabah radhi Allahu anhum was.. simply eating a dried date they would go for jihad and fight the whole day.. when he began to mention about the sahaba radhi Allahu anhum he got excited and stood up.. it was his habit to become excited whenever the mention of akabireen came upon..

Now excited by the mention of sahaba e karam he stood near me resting his hand on my shoulders speaking on the virtues of sahaba.. I continued to eat.. I do remember him recite even a couplet or two...

Then he asked me if I would eat berries.. I replied it was hazrat's tabarruk.. said leave aside tabarruk and all that .. tell me if your stomach gets upset on eating berries.. I said no.. then he reached for a vessel that contained some large berries and he offered me to eat,.. then he said jokingly You could have said to urself that I ate it all and did not bother about the guest..

When I was done with the food he gave me permission to leave.. said sleep after praying isha.. now we shall meet in the morning.. Maulana then went inside.. I offered my prayers and prepared to sleep at my place...

Fajr prayer was offered behind Maulana.. he lead the prayer and recited short surahs.. then he sat facing towards us.. after a while he got up turning his attention towards someone who appeared to be a rich man from his disposition.. it would be quite evident in winters if one was rich or a commoner just from his clothing...

Anyway Maulana turned towards him and asked... When will you leave? He said after praying Jum'a... Asked what shall happen if you pray Jum'a here..?
He said where else could I pray Jum'a. . he seemed to be an old acquaintance.. who visited him often..

Maulana said:

Hume kya khabar kahaan padhoge..? hum koee thekedaar hain tumhare Jum'a ke.. logon ko sharm nahin aati munh par dadhee laga kar paraye tukdon par padhte hain..

How do I know where you shall pray? Am I responsible for your Jum'a,, people are not ashamed even after keeping a beard they want to eat at others expense.. he too seemed to be very informal.. said he is not leaving anyhow.. hearing this Maulana took him by the arm forcefully and said just get out of here.. so he left..

Not sure if he left the town or not.. I wondered if I was next in line, so I took his permission to leave.. said very well..
I began to walk and Maulana too came along.. I wondered he might be incidentally walking in the same direction due to some need...neither did I think nor felt myself worthy that he would give me company... but later it was known that he did come to see me off.. So whenever a guest house would pass by he asked me do you stay here...?

Finally we reached the guesthouse.. I stopped there and Maulana too stood back.. told me to get a transport and mount the luggage..
I stretched my hands for the farewell Musafah and requested Maulana to make dua for me.. he said I have already made dua for you..

Then I requested him to give me something to recite.. said read Qulhu Allahu and subhan Allahi wa bi hamdihi..200 times each.. I had learnt that he prescribed this even to the students since there was great virtue in its recitation as mentioned in hadees shareef..

Since I was a traveler Jum'a was not an obligation and there was no remorse in letting it go... having returned from there, the foundation of Madrassa Jamiat ul Uloom was laid and I was requested to stay on in kanpur.. otherwise I had decided to leave Kanpur while making my trip towards Hazrat.. doubtful of any visit in future.. so ultimately I settled in Kanpur.."

concluded.

From- Yadgaar Mulaqaten. Page:356- 359.

+1 -0Winner x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#26 [Permalink] Posted on 18th June 2014 20:42
(bism1)

The Meeting of Hazrat Maulana Syed Abul Hassan Ali Nadwi sahab رحمة الله عليه with Hazrat Hakeem ul Ummat Thanvi رحمة الله عليه

" It was in August 1938 when Maulana arrived in lucknow. He stayed at the residence of an old mureed and Majaz e sohbat, Maulvi Muhammed Hassan Kakori (author of Anwaar al Mutab'e and grandson of Maulana Mohsin Kakori).

He was under the treatment of Shifa ul Mulk Hakeem Abdul Majeed of lucknow. His stay would be for a complete forty days. A period that finds a special attachment to those in sulook.. tarbiyyat and khankahi nizam.
In between zuhr and asr was the time allotted for a few selected folks.

The rule was such that either the visitors were known personally to the Maulana or known to someone reliable amongst those present in the majlis. Just to avoid any inconvenient or disturbing matter from occurring there.

The news of Maulana's unexpected visit, even after being closely guarded, spread like lightening all around the suburbs especially the eastern province. They were deprived of his visit since a very long time and had lost hope.

Under strict rules and regulations people connected to him were given permission .. seekers and khulafa came pouring in from Calcutta.. Amritsar and Lahore and presented themselves before him. A large group from the city also benefited with visiting and attending the majalis. Among them were Ulema of Firang Mahal, Darul uloom Nadwatul Ulema and the religious elite from the city.

Maulana would offer Asr at Masjid Khawas, which due to his arrival and daily majalis had indeed become Majlis Khawas. After prayers the majlis was conducted in the southwest corner of the Masjid.
He would keep replying to the letters as well as attend to those present.

In this Majlis he would discourse on the intricacies of Sulook and Taswwuf.. researches of ilm and islah.. and incidents of Akabireen and their lives. A strange condition and effect would be evident on him while he spoke on the incidents of akabireen.
the very chosen few would be present at this time and Maulana too would be under great Inbisaat and Inshirah.

Bhai sahab Marhoom (Hazrat Dr.Abdul Aliy sahab رحمة الله عليه.) would punctually attend this Majlis as well as the following one which was held at the residence. It would seem as if a talib e ilm was being particular of his attendance at a Madrassa. Maulana too gave him special affection and kindness. Sometimes he would also include him while discussing the course of treatment.

Almost daily, this worthless (Hazrat Maulana Syed Abul Hassan Ali sahab Nadwi رحمة الله عليه ) would also accompany bhai sahab and give attendance. One reason for Maulana's special attention towards this ajiz turned out to be that 'Al Qawl Al Mansoor" was being published those days .. which was actually authored by Hazrat Maulana Zafar Ahmed sahab Thanvi رحمة الله عليه but also contained Maulana's research and addition.

Maulana was very much concerned about its editing and publication.. it also had a large number of lengthy Arabic texts. May Allah سبحانه وتعالى give jaza to Awsal sahab Bilgrami that he had assigned me for its correction.

Whenever any doubt or need for clarification arose I would present myself before Maulana at the Majlis after Asr and he would clear it.

It was during this period of stay, on 15 September 1938, that all of a sudden he expressed the desire to visit bhai sahab's residence. What else could have brought such honour and joy.

Maulana along with a small jamaat of friends and khuddam arrived at the house.
He graced us with his presence for quite a long time .. incidents of Hazrat Haji sahab and other buzurgs also began to flow. ..

Again after three years in August 1941, he visited lucknow.. even this time he stayed for quite over a month.. almost the same mamulaat and schedule prevailed.. this way I had another opportunity to attend and benefit from those spiritually uplifting and charged Majalis.. "

Yadgaar Mulaqaten ;P:349-350

No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#27 [Permalink] Posted on 18th June 2014 20:51
(bism1)

(Posts from Sf)

Im reading the book "Hazrat Maulana Syed Abul Hassan Ali Hasani Nadwi رحمة الله عليه Aur Tasawwuf" by Shamim Tariq sahab these days..and was just stunned to know certain facts about his noble family.. .

The fact that he is a descendant of Hazrat Sayyid Ahmed Saheed sahab رحمة الله عليه is known to many but only a little know about the illustrious great grandfather of Hazrat Sayyid Ahmed Shaheed رحمة الله عليه - Hazrat Shah Sayyid A'lamullah Hasani رحمة الله عليه

I referred to another book ' Tadhkirah Hazrat Sayyid Shah A'lamullah Hasani رحمة الله عليه Raibarelwii' by Hazrat Maulana Muhammed Al Hasani sahab رحمة الله عليه the able son of Hazrat Maulana Dr.Syed Abdul Aliy Hasani Nadwi رحمة الله عليه former rector of Nadwatul Ulema, Lucknow (India) and khalifa of Hazrat Thanvi رحمة الله عليه. the Muqaddama is By Hazrat Maulana Syed Abul Hassan Ali Hasani Nadwi رحمة الله عليه

I really don't know what to say bro.. but this family has carried the light of Rushd and hidaya from their Noble grandfather; our beloved Prophet illuminating the darkest corners of earth.. even after being cruelly persecuted by tyrants of time..

I shall begin with 'Tadhkirah Hazrat Sayyid Shah A'lamullah Hasani رحمة الله عليه Raibarelwi' Looking up at his noble lineage..

page 18- 19.

" Hazrat Sayyid Shah A'lamullah Hasani belongs to the branch of saadat which is known as ' Hasani Hussaini'. His genological lineage reaches to Hazrat Hassan Mathni son of Hazrat Hassan (radh) who was married to the daughter of Hazrat Hussain (radh) known as Sayyida Fatima Sughra. Their son was Sayyid Abdullah Al Mahz.

Thus this branch of progeny from Sayyid Abdullah al Mahaz carried the nobility of both Hazrat Imam Hassan (radh) and Imam Hussain (radh) which beyond doubt showed its effect withstanding the great revolutions and sweeping tides of history.. stretching thousands of miles and passing away of many generations, yet continued to make itself visible..Adhereing to Shariah, following sunnah, Zuhud and Taqwa, Ilm wa fadhl, sunan wa Qalam producing such stalwarts of lofty ranks in every faculty who kept the lamp of Sunnat wa shariat, Jihad wa Qurbani, and zuhud wa taqwa continously glowing with brilliance..

Liberated and away from Bid'ah and ajamiyat, philosophical Tasawwuf and other foreign as well as interior influences, they manifested a way life that was very close to the Prophet and his companions.

The lineage of Hazrat Sayyid Shah A'lamullah رحمة الله عليه:

Hazrat Sayyid Shah A'lamullah Al Hasani Al Hussaini Al Qutbi bin

Syed Muhammed Fudhail bin

Syed Muhammed Mu'zam bin

Qadhi Syed Ahmad bin

Qadhi Syed Mahmood bin

Syed Ala'uddin bin

Syed Qutubuddin bin Muhammed Thani bin

Syed Sadruddin Thani bin

Syed Zainuddin bin

Syed Ahmad bin

Syed Ali bin

Syed Qiyamuddin bin

Syed Sadruddin bin

Qadhi Syed Rukhuddin bin

Ameer Syed Nizamuddin bin

Syed as Sadaat Ameer Kabeer Syed Qutubuddin Muhammed Al hasani Al Hussaini Al Madani bin

Syed Rasheed Uddin Ahmad Al Madani Thum Al Ghaznavi bin

Syed Yousuf bin

Syed Isa bin

Syed Hassan bin

Syed Hussain Al Makni Babi Al Hassan bin

Syed Jafar bin

Syed Qasim bin

Syed Abi Muhammed Abdullah bin

Syed Hassan Ala awar Al Jawwad bin

Syed Muhammed Al Asghar bin

Syed Abi Muhammed Abdullah Ala shatar Al kabli Al Shaheed bin

Syed Abi Al Qasim Muhammed Ziannafs Zakiyya bin

Syed Abdullah Al Mahz bin

Syed Hassan Al Mathni bin

Syed Imam Al Hassan Radhiallahu anhu bin

Syed Ali Bin Abi Talib Radhiallau Ta'ala anhum ajmaen. ..."

Contd ..

No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#28 [Permalink] Posted on 18th June 2014 21:01
(bism1)

Reading Tadhkirah Hazrat Syed Shah A'lamullah Hasani رحمة الله عليه I'm simply awed by this buzurg.... born on 21 Rabi'ul awwal 1033 Hijri, he was orphaned since childhood. His father Hazrat Syed Muhammed Fudhail رحمة الله عليه passed away two and a half months before he was even born while his mother passed away when he was only a 3yr old.

Hazrat Syed Shah A'lamullah رحمة الله عليه was raised by his maternal uncle Diwan Qadhi Syed Abu Muhammed, who nurtured him more than his own children and raised him with outmost love and affection. Most of his education remained under his paternal cousin Diwan Syed Khwaja Ahmed رحمة الله عليه. Its possible that his early discourses were under the tutelage of Diwan Qadhi Syed Abu Muhammed and completion of higher education with Diwan Syed Khwaja Ahmed رحمة الله عليه.

Page 38 - 41

A Few days in the Imperial Army

Youth had just taken hold of Hazrat Syed A'lamullah رحمة الله عليه when Syed Abu Muhammed moved by immense kindness wanted him to join service in the Imperial Army. Since he himself was a Subedar (chief army officer) and amongst the elites, there was no reason for the process to face any delay or hurdles.

He also provided him with a horse and all the materials that were required to take up such a royal service. He dressed up Syed Alamullah in a special uniform and took him along to the Imperial court. The formal procedures were still pending and this period was to make him oriented with the new environment... gaining acquaintance with the royal etiquettes. during this time, Syed Shah A'lamullah had the opportunity to go there a few times and on return he did feel a state of contraction and frigidity of the spirit. But considering his affectionate uncle he bore patience to these visits for a few days more.

A New Turn in life

At one end these formalities were in progress and on the other God had charted a separate course for him. This court orientation opened such a front that changed the entire direction of his life and ushered him into a new world.

Historians of his time have penned down two separate incidents in this regard which in reality are the two parts of the same story bound together.

The incident was that it was the custom of Emperor Shahjahan that wherever he camped down on a tour.. there were always four high ranking officers assigned for night vigil to be present throughout near his throne..

At one occasion the emperor decided to halt at a certain place in Delhi.. and somewhere middle of the night the King awoke..he asked if there was anyone present...incidentally, there was none on duty at that time.. and Syed Shah A'lamullah was around close by. He replied 'Alamullah!'. The night was dark and cloudy with strong winds..hence with sheer coincidence there were none present at that time.. the king woke up again after sometime..and asked who is present at this hour..? Syed A'lamullah was awake and replied immediately... .'Alamullah!' ..

Anyway.. Whenever the king awoke he got the same reply..in the morning the king asked him were there not anyone beside you to guard at night..? Syed A'lamullah replied in affirmative. The Emperor was very pleased at this obligation to duty and showered him with many gifts and robes of honour.

But this had the exact opposite effect on Syed Alamullah.. he regretted wasting away that night... a thought passed through his heart that just to appease a mortal I have spent the whole night till dawn.. If only did I spend that night worshipping the creator of heaven and skies. I would have acquired endless wealth and blessings...

A metaphorical king who keeps courtiers rarely accepts private attendance of even his close ones.. Whereas reaching out to the real Emperor does not require any courtiers or guards.. to the near and far.. prince or pauper his doors are always open.. and the final destination of all his creations rests in His will.. then why not turn my direction towards Him and why not ask only from Him..

Renouncing wealth

This thought created such restlessness that he came out of his enclosure bare footed.. bare headed.. Covered only by a lungi.. Proclaiming high to all that these objects of opulence and pomp... horses.. and all the goods of royal luxury within the camp are being given away.. so whosoever wishes may take them away..

The moment he announced everyone broke loose on his camp.. and within no time everything just vanished.. when the news reached Syed Abu Muhammed he was struck with grief.. he reached there to persuade his beloved nephew.. tried hard to shift him away from the decision taken..

The reply given by Syed Shah Alamullah رحمة الله عليه is, in the view of the author, a complete summary of Tasawwuf.. a true reality of our lives.. denying which one can neither understand oneself nor gain proximity to his beloved..

"Dil e darand wa mahboobe nidarand"

He replied saying my dear uncle...the way you have been showering your kindness and affection.. care and concern for relationship all along... I feel this may be the reason for your sorrow on my changed state..

But what shall I do... a Man possesses only a single heart by his side...and is present everywhere he goes.. and it cannot perform two mutually opposing functions -

" وما جعل الله لرجل من قلبين في جوفه " (Surah Ahzab:4)
Allah has not put for any man two hearts inside his body.

He recited these couplets after this -

"Az dilbaron kanam gham duniya wa aakhirat.. ya khaana jaye rakhat bud ya saraye dost"

Then he said that the time has now come you lose all hope in me and leave my concern..
friends and brothers alike began to dissuade him in every possible way but nothing did ever yield.. and he remained steadfast on his decision..

Contd..

No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#29 [Permalink] Posted on 18th June 2014 21:06
(bism1)

It is to be known that Hazrat Shah A'lam'ullah sahab رحمة الله عليه spent few years doing khidmah at the Imperial army barracks.. then had the turn of fate when he met Hazrat Syed Adam Binnori رحمة الله عليه (khalifa of Hazrat Mujaddid Alf Thani رحمة الله عليه) he was granted khilafat and guided to go back to spread the light of rushd and hidaya..and settle at a place where he shall be advised so by a godly person..

later on he moved to Rae Bareli and on the advice of a buzurg Hazrat Shah Abdul Shukoor رحمة الله عليه blossomed a place on the banks of River Sa'ee now called Daira Shah Alimullah رحمة الله عليه the home of Hazrat Maulana Syed Abul Hasan Ali sahab Nadwi رحمة الله عليه..

his life was strict on kitab and sunnah.. and he dealt accordingly not only with his disciples but even with those who were known to be sahib e Qal and Sahib e haal.. that if he learnt of any such who would not pay heed to sunan and Mustahabat stressing much on their own wazaif and mamulaat then he would not bother even meeting them..

P:80-81

Attachment with Rasulullah (saw)

Owing to the barakah of itteba e sunnat and Ishq e Rasool resulting in such ahwal.. waqiat.. khawariq..karamaat..and basharat.. we can only gauge the Qalbi and Roohani attachment he had with Rasulullah and the number of such incidents are many..

To relate one episode that shows his special relation to Rasulullah (saw) and high standing..

" Shaikh Abdur Rahman who was among the eminent people of Shah sahab narrates that:

I dreamt one night that Shah sahab stepped out of his house with an axe and rope..he woke me up and along two or three more people walked towards the jungle.. all of us began cutting wood and piled up a bundle each on our heads..even shah sahab placed a bundle on his head.. and we returned to the Khanqah.. he offloaded the bundle..kept it aside .. performed wudhu and sat in the masjid..

At that instance a dear one who used to learn Tilawat under him approached with a Qur'an majeed and made an intention to recite.. suddenly I lifted my gaze and saw that Rasulullah was seated in a corner of the masjid.. and looking at the Qari he turned towards this lowly self saying

'Abdur Rahman.. tell this person that my son Muhammed A'lam'ullah is tired due to the burden and long walk.. that he may resume study some other time when he (shah sahab) feels free from exhaustion.'
I acted upon it and withheld him.

When I woke up the same incident began to manifest.. Similarly, shah sahab walked out of his house.. and with the bundle of wood on his head returned to the Masjid.. and every other thing that I saw in the dream occurred..

When I held back the Qari from proceeding ahead ...he (shah sahab) admonished me saying
'Are you refraining me from ibadah' and I replied ' yes I stop you by the order of Rasulullah (saw) '

Smilingly, Shah sahab told the Qari to with'hold it for the day..and resume some other time.. saying 'Miyan Abdur Rahman speaks the truth..'

END
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#30 [Permalink] Posted on 19th June 2014 18:01
السلام عليكم

(bism1)

An Incident from Waqiat jinse main Mutasir hua,Vol.II, Ifadaat Hazrat Mufti Taqi Usmani sahab db.. compiled by Mufti Muhammed Nu'man bin Abdul Ahad sahab Qasmi db
Pg:42

Hazrat Mufti Muhammed Shafi sahab رحمة الله عليه and Ziarah of Raudah Shareef

Whenever my Respected Father رحمة الله عليه presented himself at the Raudhah Shareef, he wouldn't go near the frame grille of the holy grave. And it was always habitual of him to be seen standing next to a pillar close by the grille. And if someone was already there.., then he would stand behind him.

One day he himself narrated that a thought once crossed his heart saying that may be you are a wretched by Heart.. and that could be the reason you do not make any effort to get closer to the grille...And these are Allah's bondsmen.. eager to get near.. who strive to embrace the grille..that how much ever one gains proximity to Nabi kareeem (saw) is always a great blessing... but what shall I do.. that I just cannot put a step forward..

At the very instance these thoughts emerged..i felt a voice coming from the blessed grave saying :

"Convey this message to the people.. that the one who is steadfast on my sunnah is nearer to me.. even though he may be a thousand miles apart.. and the one who doesn't follow my sunnah..is far away from me...even though he may cling to our grille"

Since it carried an order to "Convey this message to the people" my respected father would narrate this in his sermons and lectures to the folks. But he would not disclose his name...instead say that ... one visitor who presented himself at the Raudah aqdas..heard this voice coming from... but once in seclusion revealed that this incident did occur with himself.

(khutbaat,Vol.II)
+2 -0Like x 1