You have contributed 0.0% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
abu mohammed, Taalibah, Yasin
Rank Image
London
Brother
#1 [Permalink] Posted on 21st April 2011 14:24
Question: Salaatut-Tasbih is not from the Sunnah and that the hadeeth referring to it are weak. This is based upon the following reasons:

(1) The hadîth about this prayer is contradictory in many ways,
(2) It was not recommended by any scholar. Ibn Taymiyah said: "Ahmad and his companions stated their dislike of it and no scholar recommended it." He also said: "Abû Hanîfah and al-Shafi`î knew nothing about it."

(3) Salman Bin Fahd al-Oada "...we know the prayer is not lawful. This is why none of the great legal scholars recommended it.".

Please could you clarify situation and also provide References?

Answer: The ruling regarding Salaatul Tasbeeh is that it is permissible and, in fact, very meritorious.

The Hadith in question has been accepted as Sahih (authentic) or Hasan (sound) by various eminent Masters of Hadith. Those that claimed that it was weak, did so on the basis of a few chains of the narration. However, if all the various chains be gathered, there will remain no doubt as to its authenticity.

Hafiz ibn Hajar al-Asqalaani (RA) states that sometimes a Muhaddith classifies a certain Hadith as weak, very weak or even as a fabrication based on one or two chains that were available to him, whereas there may be other chains through which that Hadith may be classified as Hasan (sound) or even Sahih (authentic).
(Anukat vol.2 pg.848-850)

Hafiz ibn Hajar (RA) then mentions the Hadith of Salaat al-Tasbeeh as an example for this and he accepts it to be in fact either Sahih (authentic) or Hasan (sound) and not Dha'eef (weak).
(Ibid)

Imaam Tirmidhi (RA) says that many Ulama, among them Imaam Abdullah ibn al-Mubaarak (RA), have accepted the virtue of Salaat al-Tasbeeh.
(Tirmidhi vol.2 pg.348; Hadith 481)

Imaam Bayhaqi (RA) states that 'Salaat al-Tasbeeh was the practice of Abdullah ibn al-Mubaarak and may pious predecessors of various eras. And this in fact lends strength to its acceptability.'
(Shu'ubul Imaam vol.1 pg.427; Ilmiyyah)

Allaamah Munzhiri (RA) mentions: Many Muhadditheen have accepted it's authority from among them are:

1) Imaam Abu-bakr al-Ajurriy,
2) Imaam Abu Muhammad al-Misriy (Ustaadh of Allaamah Munzhiri),
3) Hafiz Abul-Hasan Maqdisi (Ustaadh of Allaamah Munzhiri),
4) Imaam Abu-Dawud and
5) Imaam Haakim. (Targheeb vol.1 pg.468)

Allaamah Suyuti (RA) has enumerated upto 20 great Muhadditheen who have accepted its authenticity. Besides those that are mentioned above, some of them are:

6) Hafiz Abu-Sa'eed al-Sam'aaniy,
7) Hafiz Khateeb al-Baghdaadiy,
8) Hafiz ibn-Mandah,
9) Imaam Bayhaqi,
10) Imaam al-Subkiy,
11) Imaam al-Nawawiy,
12) Haafiz ibn al-Salah,
13) Hafiz Abu-Musa al-Madiniy,
14) Hafiz al-Alaaeiy,
15) Imaam Siraaj-ud-Deen al-Bulqiniy,
16) Hafiz al-Zarkashiy and a few others.
(Al-Laalil Masnoo'ah vol.2 pg.42-44)

The following list of Muhadditheen is of those who have written detailed articles on this matter:

1) Imaam al-Daraaniy,
2) Imaam Abu-Musa al-Madiniy,
3) Imaam ibn Mandah,
4) Hafiz ibn Naasirud-Deen ad-Dimishqiy,
5) Allaamah al-Suyyooti.

As for the claim of the writer, 'It had been unknown to the great Imaams ... and presumably Imaam Shaafi'ee (RA).'

This is a claim that lacks the support of explicit quotations from those illustrious Imaams as well as any reference. In fact, the books of Hanafi Fiqh support the view of its acceptance. (refer Shaami vol.2 pg.27; HM Saeed).

And several Shaafi'ee Jurists have also endorsed it, namely Imaam al-Muhaamiliy, Imaam al-Juwaini, Imaam-ul-Haramayn, Imaam Ghazaaliy, Imaam Raafi'ee and others. (al-La-aaliy vol.2 pg.43; al-Azkaar of Imaam Nawawiy pg.242)

Khateeb Baghdaadiy (RA), who is Maaliki, states that there is no reason for it not being permissible. In fact, Imaam ibn Hajar (RA) has mentioned a quotation from Imaam Maaliki رضي الله عنه from which it could be deduced that it was acceptable in his Madhab. (refer Futuhaat al-Rabbaaniyyah vol.4 pg.321)

Qaadhi Iyaad Maaliki (RA) has also accepted its virtue. (Ibid)

As far as Imaam Ahmad ibn Hanbal (RA) is concerned, Hafiz ibn Hajar (RA) has stated that he had reversed his decision and was possibly inclined towards its acceptability later on. (Futuhaat al-Rabbaaniyyah vol.4 pg.318, 320)

From the above, it is apparent that there can be no doubt regarding Salaat al-Tasbeeh being an act of virtue which has been established authentically. And is accepted by a large number of celebrated scholars of Hadith as well as the scholars of Fiqh (jurisprudence).

Imaams Taajud-Deen Subki (RA) and Badrud-Deen Zarkashi have stated that it is from the fundamentals of Deen and anyone who discards it despite knowing its virtue is not on the correct path. (Futuhaat vol.4 pg.321-322)

and Allah Ta'ala Knows Best

Moulana Muhammad ibn Moulana Haroon Abassommar
FACULTY OF SPECIALTY IN HADITH

CHECKED AND APPROVED: Mufti Ebrahim Desai

report post quote code quick quote reply
+3 -0Like x 3
Rank Image
London
Brother
#2 [Permalink] Posted on 22nd April 2011 11:09
A couple of years ago In Ramadhan, I met a fresh bunch of salafis who were argueing about salatul tasbeeh. They telling every one that it was biddah. I asked them why and they came up with the. same old story about fabrications and myths from India. So I said to them if I could prove that ibn taymiyah رحمة الله عليه disagreed with them, would they accept it. They said yes and laughed.

The next day I went to them with my book called "The 3 abandoned prayers" by a salafi author. One of them was salatul tasbeeh.

They made a quick exit.
+4 -0Like x 4
Rank Image
London
Brother
#3 [Permalink] Posted on 6th June 2011 11:42
abu mohammed wrote:
A couple of years ago In Ramadhan, I met a fresh bunch of salafis who were argueing about salatul tasbeeh. They telling every one that it was biddah. I asked them why and they came up with the. same old story about fabrications and myths from India. So I said to them if I could prove that ibn taymiyah رحمة الله عليه disagreed with them, would they accept it. They said yes and laughed.

The next day I went to them with my book called "The 3 abandoned prayers" by ibn taymiyah. One of them was salatul tasbeeh.

They made a quick exit.

Masha allah

+4 -0Like x 4
Rank Image
London
Brother
#4 [Permalink] Posted on 7th June 2018 16:37
*Darul Hadith WhatsApp Broadcasts* 🔊

*Salatut Tasbeeh* 📿
          ï·½ 
On Mubarak (blessed) nights, we are encouraged to offer *salatut tasbeeh* 📿

*One who offers this salah, will have all his/her sins forgiven including the major sins.*💎

Approximate duration for this salah: 25 mins. 
_There are several methods for offering this salah. One should stick to whichever is easy._ 
*Hereunder is 1 simple format* for Salatut Tasbeeh in light of what is mentioned in Sunan Tirmidhi, after hadith: 481:

*Make the niyyah:* O Allah I intend offering 4 rak'ats nafl, salatut tasbeeh for your sake facing the qiblah. 

After commencing the salah, recite the thana. *Before the surah fatihah,* recite the tasbeeh mentioned at the end of this message 15 times.🚩
Thereafter recite the qirat as normal.
*At the end of the qirat,* before going into ruku' recite the tasbeeh 10 times.🚩
*In ruku'* [after reciting the normal 'Subhaana Rabbiyal 'Azeem'] recite the tasbeeh below 10 times.🚩
When standing *after ruku'* [after reciting 'Rabbana lakal Hamd'] recite the tasbeeh 10 times.🚩
In *each sajdah* [after reciting 'Subhana Rabbiyal A'la] recite the tasbeeh below 10 times.🚩 
*Between the 2 sajdahs* also recite 10 times.🚩
When one rises for the second rak'at [& the rest of the rak'ats] do as mentioned above.👆🏽
In this manner one would recite this tasbeeh 75 times in each rak'at x4 rak'ats = 300 times in the entire salah. 🏁
💡 _If one forgets to recite at a particular juncture, it may be added to the next posture._
The tasbeeh to be recited is:
*Subhaanallaahi wal Hamdu lillahi walaa  ilaaha illallaahu WAllaahu Akbar*📿
See here for a detailed discussion on the authenticity of *Salatut Tasbeeh:*
•••••••••••••••••••••
*Darul Hadith Research Centre*,
_Blending traditional research with contemporary issues._

*Contact details:*
📞 Phone: +2731 2011 824
📩 Email: admin@darulhadith.co.za
🌐Websites: www.DarulHadith.co.za

✅ *Follow us on Twitter* @HadithAnswers for daily updates.

🔊 Join our WhatsApp broadcasts by sending your name to +2781 3285973 & saving this 👆🏼 number to your contacts.
+4 -0Like x 3
Rank Image
London
Brother
#5 [Permalink] Posted on 8th June 2018 09:45
abu mohammed wrote:
View original post

Quote:
The Prophet of Allah Sallallahu Alahi Wasalam said to his uncle, Saaiduna Abbas Radiallahu Anhu, ‘O uncle! Shall I not give you! Shall I not grant you! Shall I not award you! Shall I not do mercy on you! When you do ten things Allah (SWA) will forgive your sins of the future and of the past, new and old, those you have forgotten those you did knowingly, big and small, hidden and revealed. Then he Sallallahu Alahi Wasalam taught the way to pray Salatul Tasbih and then said if you can pray this salah once a day then every Friday, and even if this is not possible then once a month and even if this is not possible then once a year and even if this is not possible then at least once in a lifetime.” (Sunan Abi Dawud p.190 v.1 & Sunan Tirimizi p.109 v.1)

Imam Tirimizi (RA) says that many scholars like Abdullah Ibn Mubarak (RA) have accepted the virtue of Salatul Tasbih. (Sunan Tirimizi p.109 v.1)

Imam Baihaqi (RA) has said that Salataul Tasbih was the practice of many pious predecessors and this leads to strength in its acceptability. (Shuabul Iman p.472 v.1)

Allahmah Munziri (RA) mentions that many muhadditeen such as Imam Abu Muhammed Al Misiriy, Imam Abu Hasan Maqdisi, Imam Baihaqi, Imam Subki and Imam Nawaai have accepted its authority. (Targheeb Wa Tarheeb p.468 v.1)

The Hanafi Scholars support the view of its acceptance. Imam Subki (RA) and Imam Badrul Deen Zarakashi (RA) have said that it is from the fundamentals of Deen and anyone who discards it is not on the correct path. (Futuhaatur Rabbaaniyah p.321 v.4)

Sheikh Nasir Uddin Albani (RA) has declared the hadith of Sunan Abi Dawud as hasan also. Therefore the conclusion we can come to is that the practice of Salatul Tasbih is not a bidah and those who read it, inshallah will receive the rewards mentioned in the hadith.

Only Allah Knows Best

Mohammed Tosir Miah

Darul Ifta Birmingham.

Source from part of a lengthy answer
+3 -0