Topic Appreciation
Arslan., Taalibah, Muadh_Khan, ibn Ismail, abu mohammed, Yasin, abuzayd2k
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#31 [Permalink] Posted on 20th June 2014 10:17
abu mohammed wrote:
View original post

Will shoot them as its legal! Are they Halal to eat???
report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#32 [Permalink] Posted on 20th June 2014 10:38
+3 -0Like x 1Winner x 2
Rank Image
London
Brother
#33 [Permalink] Posted on 20th June 2014 10:45
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

Please post questions such as the ones posed in this topic to the Ulamaa. Or click here for a vast library on islamqa.org. Alternatively, you can get support locating available answers online in the Q&A Support section of this form here

:)
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#34 [Permalink] Posted on 20th June 2014 11:37
One of the best thing is they crow, even at tahajjud time, I remember reading a hadith about Hazrat Muhammad (Salallahu 'alayhi wassalam) waking for tahajjud after crowing of a rooster.
+2 -0Like x 2
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#35 [Permalink] Posted on 20th June 2014 11:39
and they also crow at salah times, my experience has been rare for Maghrib and 'Isha salah times.
No post ratings
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#36 [Permalink] Posted on 21st June 2014 18:15

Shaykh (Maulana) Ashraf Ali Thanwi (RA) writes that his wife went out and told him to feed the chickens but he forgot.

He (RA) sat down to write Bayanul –Qur’aan (commentary of the Qur’aan) but hit a total writer’s block and nothing came to mind. After unsuccessfully trying to write, he (RA) remembered what the wife had said so he immediately got up released the chickens from their coop and also fed them.

Now when he sat down to write, the knowledge came gushing (for him to write).

Shaykh (Maulana) Ashraf Ali Thanwi (RA) wrote that this proves that oppression on animals who are unable to express their condition has an effect on one’s heart.

+13 -0Like x 6Winner x 6
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#37 [Permalink] Posted on 21st June 2014 18:47
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

Exactly.

Its so disheartening to see animals being neglected, just because they can't speak and demand their rights.
+0 -0Agree x 3
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#38 [Permalink] Posted on 21st June 2014 18:57
A camel was once making a loud noise while Rasoolullah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) was present in the garden of an Ansari. Later it began to sob after seeing Rasoolullah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam), and tears began falling from its eyes. Rasoolullah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) went near to it and stroked its head with his blessed hands, upon which it became content and silent. He then enquired of the owner of the camel and was told that it belonged to a certain Ansari, who was immediately called for and said to,

"Allah Ta'ala has granted you people control over these animals. Thus it is obligatory on you to show mercy to them. Your camel has complained to me that you give it little food and make it work more than its ability."
[Abu Dawood]
+16 -0Like x 10Winner x 6
Rank Image
Bangladesh
Brother
#39 [Permalink] Posted on 22nd June 2014 01:06
Facts about chicken:

1. The chicken, Gallus gallus domesticus, is a domestic subspecies of the red junglefowl, a member of the pheasant family that is native to Asia. Genetic studies have found that the grey junglefowl also contributed to the chicken's evolution.

2. This bird was probably first domesticated for the purpose of cockfights, not as food.

3. These birds are omnivores. They'll eat seeds and insects but also larger prey like small mice and lizards.

4. With 25 billion chickens in the world, there are more of them than any other bird species.

5. Baby chickens are chicks. Female chickens are pullets until they're old enough to lay eggs and become hens. Male chickens are called roosters, cocks or cockerels, depending on the country you're in.

6. A rooster announces to a flock of chickens that he's found food with a "took, took, took." But the hens don't pay attention if they already know that there is food around.

7. Roosters perform a little dance called "tidbitting" in which they make sounds (food calls) and move their head up and down, picking up and dropping a bit of food. Researchers have found that females prefer males that often perform tidbitting and have larger, brighter combs on top of their heads.

8. Scientists think that the rooster's wattle - the dangly bit beneath his beak - helps him to gain a hen's attention when he is tidbitting.

9. A female chicken will mate with many different males but if she decides, after the deed is done, that she doesn't want a particular rooster's offspring and can eject his sperm. This occurs most often when the male is lower in the pecking order.

10. The chicken was the first bird to have its genome sequenced, in 2004.

11. Avian influenza (a.k.a. bird flu) is extremely contagious and can make chickens very sick and kill them. The highly pathogenic form of the disease can kill off 90 to 100 percent of birds in a flock in just 48 hours. (courtesy of Dr. Google)
+1 -0
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#40 [Permalink] Posted on 10th December 2014 03:17
ٱلسَّلَامُ عَلَيكُم وَرَحمَةُٱللَّهِ وَ بَرَكَاتُه

Screenshot_2014-12-10-07-55-45-2.png
Downloads: 218
    [57.01 kB]
Screenshot_2014-12-10-08-01-02-1.png
Downloads: 192
    [41.97 kB]
Screenshot_2014-12-10-07-56-01-1.png
Downloads: 203
    [26.71 kB]
+2 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#41 [Permalink] Posted on 24th February 2015 16:44
Really wanted to share today's observations.

The manifestation of Allah Ta'ala's Qudrat;

As soon as the Maghrib athaan started, my rooster started going inside his coop. What I further got attention to (again) was how many birds retreat at Maghrib and retake off, at Fajr.

There must be a Being who has inspired His creation!

SubhanAllah!...
+4 -0Like x 4
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#42 [Permalink] Posted on 14th December 2015 19:37
Assalamu alaykum,

Chickens! Now here's a topic close to me heart.

So Muadh, what happened with your chicken keeping, have you still got any birds?

So glad you posted those ahadith ibn Ismail. I am particulraly interested in the ones referring to white fowl. Is there any commentary to say whether that means purely white or mainly white?

The reason I ask is becasue I am breeding a better dual purpose strain of Light Sussex which is largely a white chicken but with black hackles, tail and some wing feathers.

I was also considering at the time to breed la bresse - which is a purely white chicken, but favoured the Light sussex becasue it seems to be much more disease resistant and healthy. In fact I believe, after trying many different breeds, that the Light sussex is the best dual purpose breed for cooler countries like the UK.

However if those ahadith are referring to purely white chickens then I will probably swap to breeding one of the dual purpose white fowl like white rock or la bresse. In all honesty I would much rather prefer the Ixworth or the white wyandotte if I have to choose a purley white bird, but with these two breeds their comb is rose comb style so I wonder if the hadith is referring to any of the crown/comb styles or specifically the common single comb? Any commentry on these hadith anyone?

I guess I can now understand why "The Sultan" chicken breed was the national breed of the ottomons, with it's purely white plumage. But the sultan is just not for me although there are people breeding it all over europe including UK.

Now if I was looking for white chickens mainly for eggs, then there is nothing that will come even close to the White Leghorn. It will leave every other pure breed standing.
+1 -0
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#43 [Permalink] Posted on 15th December 2015 11:49
Let us play Hazrat-Hazrat.
The younger ones shall cook chicken and people like me, Bhai1, dr76 and Muadh Khan will eat.
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#44 [Permalink] Posted on 15th December 2015 11:50

Ryder wrote:
View original post

W-Salam,

Still undecided man :(

I will be reading this post in detail later.

Jzk for taking the time and updating this.

No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#45 [Permalink] Posted on 16th December 2015 03:13
Ryder wrote:
View original post

ٱلسَّلَامُ عَلَيكُم وَرَحمَةُٱللَّهِ وَ بَرَكَاتُه

I will ask Mufti sahaab to provide details on it إِن شَآءَٱللَّه

Posted via the Muftisays Android App