Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#1 [Permalink] Posted on 17th April 2014 16:14
بسم الله الرحمن اللرحيم
السلام عليكم

First of all have this hadith in mind.

Abu Hurayrah narrated that the Messenger (peace be upon him) said:

"The gates of Paradise will be opened on Monday and on Thursdays, and every servant [of Allah] who associates nothing with Allah will be forgiven, except for the man who has a grudge against his brother. [About them] it will be said, 'Delay these two until they are reconciled. Delay these two until they are reconciled. Delay these two until they are reconciled.'"
[Muslim, Maalik, Abu Dawood]

Second, remember how Abu Bakr as-siddeeq رضي الله عنه forgave the person who slandered his daughter Aishaرضي الله عنه
"..... But if someone pardons and puts things right, his reward is with Allah..." (Qur'an, 42:40)

Thirdly, I m not very eloquent in speech, so if any of my saying insult you, please forgive me, my intention is just to reconcile both of you.

I m neither denying nor affirming any of the accusation you have towards each other. On the other hand what I m suggesting is to first both of you forgive each other and move on as if nothing happened.

As for the case of Maulana A.S. Desai saheb,
-None of us doubt his taqwa. Alhamdulillah.
-Many of us do not agree with his fatwas. Ok fine.

For the sake of the UNITY of our ummah, why don't we stop discussing this issue for 'some time' InshaAllah. There are enough and more threads and posts regarding this topic. If it is counterproductive why don't we all take a break Fi sabeelillah.

Finally have in mind that one of the seven groups under the shade of Allah's Throne on Yawm al qiyamah, is the ones who love each other for Allah's sake. So it doesn't matter what has happened between you two. Do this just for Allah's Sake.

Brothers, reconcile, reconcile, the Doors of Jannah are open.

May Allah Ta'ala have mercy on us. ameen.

report post quote code quick quote reply
+7 -0Like x 4Agree x 1Winner x 3
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#2 [Permalink] Posted on 17th April 2014 16:22
Muadh bhai has already replied alhamdulillah.

Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

I pray that Deoband also comes with a favorable reply when he is online.
+2 -0Like x 2
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#3 [Permalink] Posted on 17th April 2014 16:28

Once again, I seek sincere apology and forgiveness from Shaykh (Mufti) A.S. Desai (HA), Hazrat Deoband Saheb (HA), Arslan, Samah, Brooklyn (...), Desi Tadka and anybody and everybody whom I have hurt in anyway in the slightest with my words, actions, conduct or any other way.

I seek all of your forgiveness for the sake of Allah (SWT). I have no hatred, no Jealousy, no malice and no ill-will against any of you in my heart whatsoever.

I love you all for the sake of Allah (SWT).

I am willing to meet/discuss/talk it over with any of you anywhere, anytime, anyhow and in the presence of anyone (online or offline).

1. I do however disagree with some of the Fatawaa of respected Shaykh (Mufti) A. S. Desai (HA) in light and after discussions with both (Ulamah and Laymen). I do believe his tone is not harsh (but abusive and disrespectful) . However this disagreement doesn't mean that I brand you Kaafir, heretic or abuse you etc.
  2. I do reserve the right (given to me by Allah (SWT)) to respond when you abuse and slander me because as Shaykh (Maulana) Ashraf Ali Thanwi (RA) has said that it is WAAJIB for a person to respond and try to clarify his honour and dignity.

I have said it so many times and in so many ways that I don't know how else to phrase it. All I want you to do is do apply all standards of deceny and good speech which you are applying to me to everybody else (Ulamah and laymen).

(...) There is no twisting here I just can never remember his name :P

+6 -0Like x 6
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#4 [Permalink] Posted on 17th April 2014 16:30
The sad part during such arguments is that we are all on the SAME side.

Its not even between different sects or between deviants etc.

We all are supporters and followers of Ahle sunnah wal Jamah. All of us support the deoband and all 4 Madhabs. If one of us is in trouble, we do feel the pain. We ARE connected with each other. But shaytaan is sowing seeds of distrust and misunderstanding.

We ought to have much much more Husn Al Dhann for each other. I m also guilty of not having it, the unnecessary arguments I have been a part of in sf and ms are proof. Anyways past is past, be quick to forget all that. Lets start a fresh page, with NO grudges inshaAllah.
+3 -0Like x 3
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#5 [Permalink] Posted on 17th April 2014 16:34
Quote:
I am willing to meet/discuss/talk it over with any of you anywhere, anytime, anyhow and in the presence of anyone (online or offline).

Bhai do me a favor. Forget any sort of 'discussions' on this topic for atleast a week. lol.
Let things cool down and let all of us come back to our senses. We are probably bit emotional at the moment to speak properly.
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#6 [Permalink] Posted on 17th April 2014 16:36
السلام عليكم و رحمة الله و بركاته

Would you like this thread in public or private?

جزاك الله خيرا
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#7 [Permalink] Posted on 17th April 2014 16:38
Taalibah wrote:
View original post

After Deoband replies and inshaAllah things are settled, perhaps you can lock this thread.
No need to keep it private, the argument was public, let the reconciliation be public too inshaAllah.
+2 -0Like x 2
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#8 [Permalink] Posted on 17th April 2014 16:45
umar123 wrote:
View original post

That's fine inshaallah, I'll leave responsibility for you to keep thread in line, as you have offered to arbitrate inshaallah.

Please notify or pm brother Naqshband66 if and when you want this thread locked.

جزاك الله خيرا
+0 -0Agree x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#9 [Permalink] Posted on 17th April 2014 16:54
There is no need to lock this thread as I will no longer post after this, since it is quite clear Muadh Khan is not so confident of his innocence of the serious crimes that I have accused him of.

I have nothing personal at all against Muadh Khan. If he has done anything against me I forgive him. And I seek his forgiveness if I have unjustly hurt him.

I love him and all my brothers for the sake of Allah.

There is NOTHING to reconcile personally between him and me.

My ONLY issue has been, and it should be everyone's issue for those who are fearful of invoking war from Allah azza wa jal, has been the following:

GRAVE INTOLERABLE CRIMES HAVE BEEN COMMITTED ON THIS FORUM

Muadh Khan has committed blatant slanderous misrepresentations of some of the fatwas of Maulana A.S. Desai AND I can prove it conclusively insha-Allah to everyone here IF given the opportunity.

THESE CRIMES SHOULD NOT BE IGNORED, BRUSHED AWAY, OR BURIED UNDERGROUND.

If Muadh Khan is confident that he is innocent of these SERIOUS CRIMES OF THE DEEN, then let him gain Mufti Yasin's permission (as he has done so enthusiastically in the past) to engage me in two-way discussion in public, so that he can prove his innocence academically.

When Muadh Khan is ready to prove his innocence from these serious allegations of mine then he only needs to bump this thread.

I shall depart from this forum now, although I shall check this forum periodically to see when he feels he has nothing to fear or hide from, and he is ready to prove his innocence from these serious crimes of the Deen.

JazakAllah Khair and Was-salaam
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#10 [Permalink] Posted on 17th April 2014 17:10
Deoband wrote:
View original post

Your 'claim' has been posted in many threads. We all are aware of it.
If it is necessary Muadh bhai will defend his views.

BUT

The intend of this thread is not 'discussion', but rather reconciliation.

My request at the moment is kindly stop your accusations (right or wrong, I m not judging it).

Nothing productive shall come out of this.
+3 -0Like x 2Winner x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#11 [Permalink] Posted on 17th April 2014 17:31
It is narrated that, the Messenger of Allaah - sallallaahu alyhi wasallam - said;

"I guarantee a house in lowest parts of Jannah for the one who leaves off argument even when he is right, and a house in the middle part of Jannah for the one who leaves off lying even if hes just joking, and a house in the highest part of Jannah for the one with good manners"
+5 -0Like x 2Winner x 2
#12 [Permalink] Posted on 17th April 2014 18:56
umar123 wrote:
View original post
I think the first two are the other way around. ;)

+0 -0Winner x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#13 [Permalink] Posted on 17th April 2014 19:22
Guest-114391 wrote:
View original post

Can you explain? Have I quoted the hadith wrongly?
I just checked and it seems to be correct.

Edit: there seems to be 2 similar hadith with slight variation.

It is narrated that, Rasul Allah (sal Allahu alaihi wa sallam) said: "Whoever does not argue when he is in the wrong will have a home built for him on the edge of Paradise. Whoever avoids it when he in the right will have a home built for him in the middle of Paradise. And whoever improves his own character, a home will be built for him in the highest part of Paradise." [Tirmidhi]

Abu Umamah al-Bahili reports: Prophet Muhammad (SAW) said:I guarantee a house in the lower portion of Jannah for whoever gives up arguing even if he is right, and a house in the middle of Jannah for whoever gives up lying even if he is joking, and a house for in the highest level of Jannah for whoever perfects their akhlaq. [Abu Dawood]
+2 -0
#14 [Permalink] Posted on 18th April 2014 00:24
You're right. I did not know the second one. Jazak'Allah khayran.
+0 -0Like x 1
#15 [Permalink] Posted on 18th April 2014 18:28
Assalamu alaikum, kind of a ghost member here, but iv been following this whole discussion for a while, and alhamdulillah happy to see, now on a visit, that a reconciliation is on the way. JazakAllah to the brother Umar who started the thread in this manner, and also the rest period ie a week in order to let things calm down.

All that being said, the brother Muadh made a very good statement from Maulana Thanvi, that it is i think wajib to defend oneself and a brothers honour. Although personal emotions are now being calmed down, the right upon us i guess is to adhere to what Maulana Thanvi has stated, which is, objectively, the renewal and amendments made to the honour of the Mufti Desai and the understanding behind his fatwas based on whatever it may be (this would be clarified in whichever manner ie a thread), without any preferential treatment to any side (Deoband or Muadh), done on a public platform visible by everyone, equal to the platform facilitated to the initial thread etc that started it all, and i see brother Deoband is the most well equipped to do so.

I guess any other side platform, other than the public platform would mean we are not ourselves fully fulfilling the rights upon us in terms of upholding the honour of not just a layperson, but this Mufti.

I suggest this because, one, its clear its incumbent on us to do so ie rectifying and mistakes made by us (the laymen when speaking about a Mufti) and amending any negative impacts we have had on the honour of the Mufti due to our limited knowledge, and two, its gone on too long and something like this would clear the air, and finish it once and for all.

I, as well as other people, look forward to this occurring and will be popping in now and then as usual, and am very pleased to now see this whole thing now finishing up.

Assalamu alaikum.
+0 -0Like x 3Winner x 1