Create an account
Most Reputable Members

I Have a Purpose

Jump to page:

You have contributed 0.8% of this topic

Topic Appreciation
Appreciate
The following members appreciate this topic: Muadh_Khan, Naqshband66, Taalibah, Jinn, samah, the fake shaykh, abu mohammed, Acacia, dr76, my176, Abdullah bin Mubarak, BHAI1, Maria al-Qibtiyya, Abu Salma, Umm Khadeejah, abuzayd2k, Abdur Rahman ibn Awf
6 guests appreciate this topic.
abu mohammed
Rank Image
Longevity:
28%
#571 [Permalink] Posted on 3rd March 2017 12:28
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

Maybe not here, but you were once upon a time - Banned :) Not a group I would like to be from either :)
report post quote code quick quote reply
Like x 1
Creative x 1
Site Support
Please DONATE generously towards Muftisays

We spend hundreds of hours ensuring you receive a quality service from this site. We do not fall into the advertisement schemes as all the ads contain elements of Haraam including Haraam Islamic links. Please consider setting up a £1 monthly donation. May Allah (swt) reward you.

Muadh_Khan
Rank Image
Longevity:
40%
#572 [Permalink] Posted on 3rd March 2017 12:33

abu mohammed wrote:
View original post

I refused to be part of the BAND (*) so got BANNED :P

(*) Sunniforum BAND has now been disbanded as members broke up with each other :lol May be there will be reunion, maybe they will rise from the Ashes and stun the world once again.

Like x 2
Maripat
Rank Image
Longevity:
0%
#573 [Permalink] Posted on 24th March 2017 15:03
What makes you special?

While browsing through the TEDx talks above title caught my eye.

I did not explore that video. I am not interested in knowing what makes me special. By the Grace of Allah SWT days of vanity and Ujb are behind me.

Nowadays I simply think of making the best of God given faculties in favour of Islam.

Take Rasoolallah SAW's life. You find nothing there except for Islam.

Move on thirteen centuries and take Allama Iqbal RA's life. There you do get glimpses of Jahilia, in the form of nationalism, but very soon all traces of it are wiped out. What remains is Islam.

And there are similar examples scattered over the centuries in between.

And even after Allama.

There is enough for us to be inspired by.

And that is all that counts.
Like x 2
Winner x 1
Maripat
Rank Image
Longevity:
0%
#574 [Permalink] Posted on 31st March 2017 05:38
Huntington's Wish

The Clash of Civilizations was not a political theory. It was a wish of a corrupted, if not outrightly sick, mind.

So far the scenario he wished has not played out into open battlefield but enormous damage has been inflicted upon the civilization that he targetted - Islamic. Afghanistan, Iraq, Syria, Libya destroyed nearly completely while many other Muslim countries in very serious economic and governance disorder.
Like x 1
Maripat
Rank Image
Longevity:
0%
#575 [Permalink] Posted on 4th April 2017 08:02
World is Scared of Islam

The matter of fact is that the world is scared of Islam.
All this Islamophobia today is because of that.
When faced by a genocidal world our reaction must be guided by the ground reality.
And the ground reality is this time what we said above.

So how will you deal with a world that is scared of you?
Not by further scaring it.
You have to calm it down.

Of course there are various caveats to this argument but we shall cover them elsewhere.
Muadh_Khan
Rank Image
Longevity:
40%
#576 [Permalink] Posted on 4th April 2017 09:29
Maripat wrote:
View original post

Absolutely correct. The western world's perception of Islam is still shaped by the Crusades.

They inflicted unbelievable cruelty on civilians but still lost and they cannot vet over it.

Ottomans dominated Europe for centuries, Steve Brannon keeps referring to it all the time.
Posted via the Muftisays Android App
Like x 1
Umm Khadeejah
Rank Image
Longevity:
0%
#577 [Permalink] Posted on 5th April 2017 10:34
Bismillahirrahmanirraheem

I am not that knowledgeable but I would like to know what are the aspects of Islam that they are scared of so we Muslims can work towards correcting them in understanding and make them calm. It would be nice if every aspect is addressed with detailed explanation.

For knowledge, I would like to know what is the maximum percentage of jizya that Muslim rulers collected from the non-Muslims so far. I feel the tax imposed on people in general these days is really too much. I wonder if Muslim rulers ever collected this much tax from the non-Muslims in the history.

Why are they so afraid of Islamic shariah? I can understand the fear of the ruling elites but it would be helpful inshaaAllah if a layman can be educated about the misunderstanding of Islam.

wassalam

Like x 1
Maripat
Rank Image
Longevity:
0%
#578 [Permalink] Posted on 8th April 2017 16:55
Umm Khadeejah wrote:
View original post

I agree with your views and sentiments my sister.
Quote:

I am not that knowledgeable but I would like to know what are the aspects of Islam that they are scared of so we Muslims can work towards correcting them in understanding and make them calm. It would be nice if every aspect is addressed with detailed explanation.

This fear of Islam amongst the hearts of non-Muslims is ages old my sister.

Jewish people do not fear Muslims despite whatever public posture they might take.
They think of themselves as the chosen people and that belief simply dissolves all the fear.
If you happen to be a chosen one of God whom will you fear?

Christians on the other hand is the most Muslim fearing community. On one hand they have no mental divine protection like chosenness while on the other hand they have the bloody history with Muslims where we defeated their crusades, perhaps the most systematic and long drawn war process in the history of man kind. Large part of today's Muslim territory once belonged to Christians. On worldly arguments it will be difficult to refute their grudge. The strange thing is that the Christian world colonized nearly all of the Muslim world, completely destroyed half a dozen of our mighty empires and the last century has been spent by us in their economic colonialist dispensation but their heartache has not subsided. Another strange thing is that after Hitler ruthlessly and mercilessly killed six million Jewish people the Christian world has simply stopped asserting her Christianity before the rest of the world. Their hatred, on the other hand, for Islam and Muslims has remained intact.

Some Hindus, the ones of RSS variety, hate us for the same reasons as Christians do. We ruled erstwhile Hindu lands for various durations beginning from few hundred years upto a thousand years. Moreover we also carved out two Muslim countries from the lands traditionally held by them - Pakistan and Bangladesh. Thus there are enough of them who hate us Muslims very intensely.

Communists hate us purely on ideological basis having no historical reason to be so petrified. In fact our grudges against them far outweigh what they might hild against us, if at all.

I hope these comments clarify your questions.

Quote:
For knowledge, I would like to know what is the maximum percentage of jizya that Muslim rulers collected from the non-Muslims so far. I feel the tax imposed on people in general these days is really too much. I wonder if Muslim rulers ever collected this much tax from the non-Muslims in the history.

Good question my sister.
This is where our statistics brothers and sisters should chip in and fill in the data for all of us. I am in a Muslim university with all sorts of departments including statictics yet these brothers and sisters are doing precious little to fill in the gaps. Availability of data is like a golden shield against many attacks on academic and intellecual kind against Islam and Muslims. I wish my friends in the discipline of statistics will take care of this angle, ASAP.

Whatever be the level of Jiziya it can not be held against Islam and Muslims. In non-Muslim lands we Muslims give all the taxes plus our own Islamic dues. Islam does not levy unfair taxes on anybody. Her glory, on the other hand, is that she accepts the responsibility of those who do not even acknowledge her, that is, who do not accept Islam.
Quote:
Why are they so afraid of Islamic shariah? I can understand the fear of the ruling elites but it would be helpful inshaaAllah if a layman can be educated about the misunderstanding of Islam.

Clearly Shariah is not imposed on them. It is imposed on us Muslims. Indeed why, then, they should fear it? I assure you that this is simply the ages old reflex that has been internalized and reached DNA levels, unfortunately. To take the fear of Shariah out of their hearts it is going to be a very long drawn psychological process.
No post ratings
Muadh_Khan
Rank Image
Longevity:
40%
#579 [Permalink] Posted on 9th April 2017 09:38
Maripat Saheb,

What are your views on the latest Interview by Maulana Khalilur Rahman Saheb (DB) where he blames UP and Uttharkhand results on EVP machines?

Jzk
Posted via the Muftisays Android App
No post ratings
Umm Khadeejah
Rank Image
Longevity:
0%
#580 [Permalink] Posted on 9th April 2017 11:40
Bismillahi
jazaakumAllahu khaira for the detailed explanation and for your time brother Maripat.
Let Allah SWT help us all the Muslims to defend ourselves intellectually or by whatever means possible with piety and justice. Ameen

Like x 1
Ameen x 1
Maripat
Rank Image
Longevity:
0%
#581 [Permalink] Posted on 10th April 2017 06:37
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

Biggest complainer against the electronic voting machines, EVMs, is Ms Mayawati, head of the Bahujan Samaj Party (Mult-people Society Party), BSP.

Both Maulana and Mayawati have missed the truth by a whisker.

In UP the Hindus voted for Narendra Modi en masse. Mr Modi had created a mess by his ill advised demonetization drive and his supporters were in a state of panic. Just think of the mentality of idolators. When the idol is in danger they do not get disenchanted with it. They try to save it and when they can not then they cry bitterly. In India they voted blindly. That is what created the wave or superwave or tsunami or whatever in favour of BJP.

EVM can be manipulated and this can be done at mass scale too but that kind of sophistication can not garnered in UP where the local government was of Samajwadi Party. Even in a BJP rules state it will not be that easy.

People, least of them Muslims, should not fool themselves by putting their faith in conspiracy theories.
Maripat
Rank Image
Longevity:
0%
#582 [Permalink] Posted on 15th April 2017 14:29
I am not a Mubashshir yet

In the name the Lord Most High.
After peace salutations on beloved Prophet Muhammed.

A Mubashshir is the one who breaks out the good news, gives the glad tidings.
Beloved Prophet Muhammed SAW was the most significant Mubashshir.
In very recent past Allama Dr Muhammed Iqbal was a Mubashshir.

Allama said:

Kitab-e-millat-e-baiza ki phir shiraza bandi hai
Ye shakh-e-Hashmi karne ko hai phir bargh-o-bar paida

The family of Muslim Millia is about to be united once again
The branch of Hashmi's family is about to bloom once again

This is a wonderful forecasting for Muslim Ummah. The ideological preaching, that is what Allama did all his life, is rather drag, boring and lonely pursuit. This tedium and boredom is burden both for the ideologue as well as the audience. (Yours truly knows it only too well - being himself a practioner of the same.) The only break in this solitude comes from the sporadic spirit lifting episodes like above mentioned glad tidings of the Allama.

When I say that I am not a Mubashshir yet it does not mean that I do not, God forbidding, subscribe to Rasoolallah SAW. I bear witness to the fact that what Rasoolallah SAW said in the vein of glad tidings is all perfectly true. I also subscribe to Allama's glad tidings.

The crucial thing that is missing in my inventory is the immediate forecast of glad tidings.
I am convinced that glad tidings are in the offing.
Unfortunately I can not identify the signs that are surely around us at the very moment.

No one should be discouraged by it.
My personal failing is no evidence or argument for the absence of good news for us.
Brothers and sisters who can see better than me are, of course, welcome to fill in where I am failing.

The only scary thing is that we should worry about our own community.
If the people from the Indian subcontinent will not due the neeedful then Allah SWT is sure to replace us by some other community.
He, SWT, has already threatened that.
No post ratings
Maripat
Rank Image
Longevity:
0%
#583 [Permalink] Posted on 16th April 2017 16:41
Turning to V.S.Naipaul

I intend to turn to V.S.Naipaul for sometime. He happens to be one of the most influential writers in the world today. I have read reasonable amount of his books earlier and was duly impressed by his penmanship. My admiration was turned sour when I read Beyond Vision. A writer of his repute was supposed to be little less biased and more objective about Islam and Muslims. Unfortunately that expectation has been belied. In fact when he was awarded Nobel Prize Dr Namwar Singh forthrightly declared that this Nobel Prize has been conferred in hatred of Islam. Dr Rafiq Zakaria wrote an op-ed article in the Times of India, much earlier, responding to Naipaul's assertion in Beyond Vision. My impression is that a much more robust rejoinder to Naipaul is long overdue. At the moment my fear is my own reaction anguish, Ghubar-e-Khatir , at the attitude adopted by him - an attitude that is Islamophobic in the conservative sense.
No post ratings
Maripat
Rank Image
Longevity:
0%
#584 [Permalink] Posted on 18th April 2017 07:32
Who is this Mullah Maripat?

(Warning : A Long and Complex Journey of Utmost Sensitive and Complex Ideas and Issues Ahead in a Brief Span)
This was a rhetoric question that a high official of our university asked a friend of mine. Unfortunately for the high official this friend himself was in the process of turning into a so-called-friend. This friend, therefore, did the next best thing -he related the comment to me in the juiciest manner.
Now this high official is not a bad Muslim himself. My only fault is that I have kept a beard. there lies the rub. Even amongst practicing Muslims the ideological distances can be gigantic.
The problem is that you have to manage life in spite of these distances. Now that is a difficult task. Fortunate are those people who can do so.
My impression is that we really do a very bad job of managing our differences.
West is much better than us Indians, as well as Muslims, in managing their differences.
Coming back to Mullah and the works - I know for sure that I have got a very modern mind set. That I am not apologetic about Islam is too much even for the so called modern Muslims of Aligarh. By Aligarh I do mean AMU.
To put the things in perspective I am not talking about the LibDems. That is a different group. Left of the center can be identified is yet another group. Of course there are the pure breed Marxists.
It is clear that in today's populous world all of these groups maintain their own view points because there are enough numbers.
In this mixture the Mullahs too are there. I am not one of them. I know them. I do not hate them nor I despise them.
I do know their shortcomings.
The non-Mullah sector of society can do nothing about the mindset of these Mullahs.
Why? Well these are the people who define Islam. They have a grip on theology. By the grip I do not mean political grip - politics is there but sooner or later it is left behind. By the grip I mean the real theological and spiritual grip. For the information of those who came late let me add that this grip is intellectually so robust that even western liberal democratic discourse has no chance to stand before them.
This might give some people the impression that we have a lost case of bridging the gap between traditional Islam and modernity. I am not one of those who will conclude that.
The bad news is that every party has monumental compromises to make in order for this bridge building to materialize.
I am in this business. I am burdened by my own responsibility to compromise. Honestly speaking I do not have energies left to think and analyze the demands for compromise that I can make on others. I have my limitations.
I suppose society faces this kind situation in every era. the additional problem of the modern era, current phase of the society, is that all the problems that we faced in history are present today at the same time.
The other problem is the lack of people with concern, wisdom, perseverance.
(Written for FB but not posted there.)
No post ratings
Maripat
Rank Image
Longevity:
0%
#585 [Permalink] Posted on 18th April 2017 17:25
Are You Impressionable?

I have said tis thing earlier but some things are worth repeating because repetition of Islamic injunctions benefits believers.

So are you impressionable?
Do you get impressed by worldy blessings of others, the people who either hate, or dislike or do not believe in Islam?
If yes then you have to be extra careful in this world because Allah SWT is As-Samad and He gives worldly blessings irrespective of people's faith.

So: (1) If you see a handsome man talking against Islam then it does not become the truth.
(2) If you see and hear a beautiful girl talking against Islam it does not become the truth.
(3) If you see a healthy person talking against Islam it does not become the truth.
(4) If you see a healthy person talking against Islam it does not become the truth.
(5) If you see a person with significant physical strength talking against Islam it does not become the truth.
(6) If you see a large number of people, say a hundred crore or more, talking against Islam it does not become the truth.
(7) If you see a smooth talking person talking against Islam it does not become the truth.
(8) If you see an energetic person talking against Islam it does not become the truth.
(9) If you see a wealthy person talking against Islam it does not become the truth.
(10) If you see a smart person talking against Islam it does not become the truth.
(11) If you see a bright person talking against Islam it does not become the truth.
(12) If you see a brilliant person talking against Islam it does not become the truth.
(13) If you see a nasty person talking against Islam it does not become the truth.
(14) If you see an atheist talking against Islam it does not become the truth.
(15) If you see a polytheist talking against Islam it does not become the truth.
(16) If you see a Hindu/Christian/Jewish/Jain/Buddhist person talking against Islam it does not become the truth.
(17) If you see a scientist talking against Islam it does not become the truth.
(18) If you see a debator talking against Islam it does not become the truth.
(19) If you see an intellectual talking against Islam it does not become the truth.
(20) If you see a rationalist talking against Islam it does not become the truth.
(21) If you see a feminist talking against Islam it does not become the truth.

And so on.
Like x 3
Back to top Post New Topic

Jump to page: