Top Members

I Have a Purpose

Jump to page:

You have contributed 0.8% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
Muadh_Khan, Naqshband66, Taalibah, Jinn, samah, the fake shaykh, abu mohammed, Acacia, dr76, my176, Abdullah bin Mubarak, BHAI1, Maria al-Qibtiyya, Abu Salma, Umm Khadeejah, abuzayd2k, Abdur Rahman ibn Awf, ALIF
6 guests appreciate this topic.
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#511 [Permalink] Posted on 4th March 2016 06:17
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

Above statement, it must be clarified, has been made by Khan Sahab in a lighter vein for we Muslims have nothing to do with Lal Salam.

Having said that I shall admit that just after watching Kanhaiya Kumar's speech in JNU after his release from the jail I simply mesmerised.

I wish Muslim youth had the same clarity of thought, single mindedness of purpose, zeal and motivation.

But that is not the case, neither in India nor in the world in general.

Most of the blame should go to us senior people who have neither done a proper upbringing of our youth nor we have provided them a role model in our lives by immitating Rasoolallah saw nor we have refined our ideology for them.

In this matter both our theological establishment as well as modern education stream have so far failed.

I write these words utmost longings and enormous jealousy towards boys like Kanhaiya Kumar.

report post quote code quick quote reply
+0 -0Agree x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#512 [Permalink] Posted on 9th March 2016 09:32
Of Old Chinese Ladies

In the wake of 9/11 attacks in the US, for which incredibly the blame was slapped on Muslims, there were reports of racial profiling of young Arab Muslims.

When this was pointed out to the authorities then one of them retorted what was the point if old Chinese ladies were arrested.

Very good point.

For the current troubles of Ummah our theological intelligentsia puts forward the argument that this is all due to our distance from Qur'an and Sunnah. It is mentioned in a whole chapter in Fadha-il-e-A'amal, in a booklet by Hazrat Shah Abrar-ul-Haq sahab (RA), there is YouTube video in which Maulana Adnan Kakakhel attributes a similar argument to Shaikh-ul-Hind Maulana Mehmud-ul-Hasan RA and a Mufti from Deoband made very clear to me the same over a telephone call a few days ago - that indulging in worldly means will not solve the problems of Ummah.

To me this looks like blaming old Chinese ladies.

Allah swt clearly says that just because you say that you believe does not mean that He will not test us.
During this test there is no restriction on us to forgo the worldly means.
Rasoolallah saw adopted all the means at his disposal in order to tackle the worldly problems that he faced in his life.
Clearly our test can not be more severe than the one to which beloved Prophet SAW was subjected to.
We are so much weaker.
It can not be the case that rasoolallah saw was allowed to use worldly means but we can not use them.
Particularly in a situation when the detractors of Islam are a flush with all kinds of worldly means.
+2 -0Like x 1Agree x 2Winner x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#513 [Permalink] Posted on 10th March 2016 08:49
Maripat wrote:
View original post

Bhai maripat someone had directed me to this archive.org/details/AsbabOAamal

It would be good if you or someone can translate relevent portions. Maripat bhai the argument of not utilising means is an absolute joke. Means have to be utilised as it is a sunnah but means are not be made the objective. Those who use the argument that we don't need means why do they use an aeroplane to go haj or modern ameneties. Should us Muslims not be ashamed that what we wear, what we eat, our phones and computers are all made by people who detest ALLAH and his messenger sallahualahiwasalam. Does a believer not have this ghairah that for him to go hajj etc he has to rely on corrupt governments for freedom of movement. My personal opinion is that our religious class uses this argument as a form of escapism. The sahabah did not just rely on dua alone. They had to go to the battlefield and the prophet sallahualhiwasalam was told to pray but also aquire might which was modern weaponary as stated by the classical mufasireen. In my local area the markaz was denied planning permission but then all of a sudden they started a campaign of lobbying the local government. People cannot stomach such double standards. One 1 hand you say we must not utilise means but when planning permission is blocked you utilise means such as legal etc.

Personally having looked at colonalism it seems that a good number of the religious class adopted the model of surah kahf. Ali mian even wrote a book on it. It was a model of isolation and withdrawl from society. This was done at a time of weakness and desperation but it should be seen as as a dispensation for such trying times but I don't think we have reached that stage yet. When we reach that stage like in communist central asia then yes the Surah kahf model seems the only option as it is very difficult to take on political power as history has shown.
+5 -0Like x 3Winner x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#514 [Permalink] Posted on 15th March 2016 08:53
london786 wrote:
View original post

Quote:
Bhai maripat someone had directed me to this archive.org/details/AsbabOAamal

It would be good if you or someone can translate relevent portions.[/quote]

Ya akhi-al-aziz I am aware of Hazrat Aqdas Maulana Ashraf Ali Thanwi (RA)'s stance on Means and Actions.
This issue was decided by Imam Ghazali (RA)'s himself and it is directly from the Noble Qur'an where Allah (SWT) tells beloved rasoolallah (SAW) that when you were throwing that fistfull of sand in Badr it was not you (the Prophet SAW) but Us (Allah SWT) who did it.

For us the issue is very clear, as clear as crystal.

As far as the translation goes personally I have reached a different stage. Since I am not a Scholar of Deen my contributions have to be in other departments only. As you are so aware by now that I am focussing upon worldly matters.
Quote:
Maripat bhai the argument of not utilising means is an absolute joke. Means have to be utilised as it is a sunnah but means are not be made the objective. Those who use the argument that we don't need means why do they use an aeroplane to go haj or modern ameneties. Should us Muslims not be ashamed that what we wear, what we eat, our phones and computers are all made by people who detest ALLAH and his messenger sallahualahiwasalam. Does a believer not have this ghairah that for him to go hajj etc he has to rely on corrupt governments for freedom of movement. My personal opinion is that our religious class uses this argument as a form of escapism. The sahabah did not just rely on dua alone. They had to go to the battlefield and the prophet sallahualhiwasalam was told to pray but also aquire might which was modern weaponary as stated by the classical mufasireen. [/quote]
Precisely.

Just a few days ago I got an honour in the form of an insult.
A pretty high official of the university aske a friend of mine, "Who is this Mullah Maripat?"
Why?
You know worldly people use that tone to deliver, not honour but, disgrace.
I keep a beard and hence I must be some sort of useless fellow.

After giving the matter due thought I was devastated to come to a very unpleasant conclusion - I can neither defend myself not the Mullahs. I can not defend myself because I chose to look like them, the Maulwis.
I can not defend the maulwis because they very consciously chosen to ignore the worldly issues.

(1) Maulana Wasi Sulaiman Nadvi, editor of Armughan of Phulat, wrote in an editorial a few years ago that Muslims need not worry about science because in Spain we were the flag bearers of science and it was of no use for us.

Can you argue with that?

(2) A few days ago a young Mufti from Dar-ul-Uloom explicitly told me over the telephone that this is a misconception that condition of Ummah will improve if we use worldly means like science and technology.

(3) Other examples of similar attitude of our Scholars that I mentioned in the earlier post.

I personally feel like a complete loser. Theological people have the attitude that I have mentioned above while the modern education people call me a Mullah and also tell me that the Mullahs are responsible for all the troubles of Ummah.
[quote]
In my local area the markaz was denied planning permission but then all of a sudden they started a campaign of lobbying the local government. People cannot stomach such double standards. One 1 hand you say we must not utilise means but when planning permission is blocked you utilise means such as legal etc.

True. Even today i do not know how to argue with our theological establishment about worldly matters.
And to worldly people about the importance of Islam in our life.
[quote]
Personally having looked at colonalism it seems that a good number of the religious class adopted the model of surah kahf. Ali mian even wrote a book on it. It was a model of isolation and withdrawl from society. This was done at a time of weakness and desperation but it should be seen as as a dispensation for such trying times but I don't think we have reached that stage yet. When we reach that stage like in communist central asia then yes the Surah kahf model seems the only option as it is very difficult to take on political power as history has shown.

We should talk more about this model for I can not recall it on my own.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#515 [Permalink] Posted on 7th April 2016 06:59
Sort it out in your mind

Two recent events were noticed MS members recently and they chiipped in to discuss them.

One was the Barelwis physically assaulting singer turned Dayee Junaid Jamshed and second is a tendentious program on Deoband Ulama by a BBC correspondent.

Like the rest of the dear members of MS I too have my views on such things but it is always nice to know what you people think and the truth be told I do wait for your view in order to make a world map of reality around us in my mind. Here I shall add a few things from my very jumbled up feelings.

In case of the nefarious attack on Junaid Jamshed my view is the following : shouldn't we make it known to Barelwis and hence the onlookers too that it is simply not acceptable to us when we, individually or collectively, are physically assaulted for imaginary or even real lapses on our part or or on part of our individuals? Is this too much to ask for? Is it too much assertion? Is it against Shariah?

Honestly speaking Shias are in fact better in these kinds of matters. We have four serious differences on Aqa-id with Shias : Taqiyyah, Tabarrah, Muta'a and Imamat. We have four serious differences Aqa-id with Barelwis - Mukhtar-e-Kul, Hazi-Nazir, Noor-o-Bashar, Ilm-ul-Ghaib. Yet Shias do not behave in that manner the way the Barelwis do. Shias do not try to forcefully wrest away Mosques from us and they do not physically assault our people for our lapses. For the record neither we do behave physically with Barelwis nor with Shias. To give a clear cut signal to the Barelwis looks like a good proposition to me. I do not mean any physical assertion but but just a verbal declaration.

Let us not forget that Barelwis have been quite obnoxious in past too - they remained on Takfeer spree for quite long time. Somehow a little wisdom dawned on them in last some decades and that Takfeer overdrive has cooled down but they still remain in a state of mind where they think that they are custodian of truth which they are not. They also remain in a state of mind that they zealously defend their wrong beliefs. My humble opinion is that at least at the level of policy it should be made amply clear to them that their claim is contested on both accounts.

Coming to the other question - BBC article. Here too we should at least get the issues clear in our own minds. Deoband never supported terrorism and there is no need to be on the defensive. If a journalist tries to dig out dirt on those events that are burried in past, even if recent, then she should be told in no uncertain terms that she is behaving in a manner that betrays the possibility that she might be out of work. It is not our problem if she does not have a life. She too should take her hands off Islam and Muslims, I mean Deoband. Call her to public shows and demolish her there.
+1 -0
Rank Image
India
Brother
#516 [Permalink] Posted on 7th April 2016 08:17
@Maripat,
Brother, PM Modi has been conferred highest civilian honour by Saudi Arabia. I wish to know your views on it.
+1 -0
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#517 [Permalink] Posted on 9th April 2016 08:15
Arfatzafar wrote:
View original post

I am a bit distressed by the turn of the events and hence not reacting in a haste.
May be I shall add something on it later.

No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#518 [Permalink] Posted on 18th April 2016 05:34
The Shaikh and the Big Shaikh

The Shaikh did not get sleep.
That was nothing new.
That was sort of the usual happening.
His heart was not at ease.
Again the usual thing.

So he did what he had done at countless other times in such situation.
He went to the Big Shaikh.
Though it was past midnight yet it was still alright to do the visit.
The Big Shaikh himself did not sleep at night.
Moreover he was, contrary to the Shaikh, at ease with this state.

They sat on the platform in the seminary courtyard.
Without talking.
They both were at ease with this.

No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#519 [Permalink] Posted on 18th April 2016 09:40
Maripat wrote:
View original post

who is the big shaykh and shaykh in this incident. I also want your take on Modi who has been making inroads in the Muslim world by winning major financial deals with the UAE and Saudi Arabia whilst at the same time oppressing Muslims within India. The sad thing is with their financial clout these two gulf states could put immense pressure on India to deal with Muslims in a more just manner.
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#520 [Permalink] Posted on 18th April 2016 20:30
london786 wrote:
View original post

Probably both the mashaikh are only 'symbolic' :)

'Silence' has got a 'sound' of its own. When two like minded people meet,they have an instant non-verbal communication between the two of them.Their minds share common miseries.They feel the same pain together. They enjoy the same joy and pleasure just by sitting together.They get comfort from the feeling of shared thoughts,shared views and shared understanding....

On a much larger scale this is how the umma is supposed to be,from the shifting sands of Arabia to the lush green valleys of Kashmir..From the mountain peaks of Afghanistan to the wasteland of turkey...from east to west,from north to south.They might be black or white,poor or rich,Arab or Ajam but their hearts and minds should be in communication with each other.The pain of one should be the pain of all,the pleasure of one should be the pleasure of all....they should be thinking in the same wave length,theirs hearts should have the same feelings,their minds should reach the same conclusions,theirs actions and reactions should be the same.....

It is not so...it is only my wishful thinking :(

یوں نہ تھا میں نے فقط چاہا تھا یوں ھو جائے

+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#521 [Permalink] Posted on 19th April 2016 05:19
The Unexpected Ending

Then the visitor said to the host,"It would have been better if this platform was a little bigger."

Shaikh Ahmed Sharfuddin Yahya Muneeri (RA) : Shaikh Hishamuddin (RA) I was thinking that there might have been some spiritual or Shariah issue on your mind that you could not sort out in the day time while all you are interested in is the Duniya like the size of the platform.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#522 [Permalink] Posted on 22nd April 2016 06:02
The Major Painful Episodes

(1) Martyrdom of Hazrat Hussain (RA)

(2) Hair splitting about Aqa-id

(3) Mongol Destruction of Abbasid Caliphate

(4) Spanish Inquisition

(5) Russia gobbling up Turkistan=Central Asia

(6) UK and France liquidating half a dozen Muslim empires : Colonialism

(7) RSS coming to power in India
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#523 [Permalink] Posted on 22nd April 2016 19:52
Maripat wrote:
View original post

Please add :

The unholy alliance between Christians and Jews against Muslims. Probably the most significant phenomena of the comparatively recent past.
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#524 [Permalink] Posted on 26th April 2016 15:29
Maripat wrote:
View original post

I would add 2 more things.

1. The collapse of the Ottoman empire
2. The partition of India

These 2 had a devasting impact.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#525 [Permalink] Posted on 29th April 2016 04:06
ALIF wrote:
View original post

No akhi.
Enemies are expected to collude against you.
The tragedy occurs when you refuse acknowledge that there are enemies.
So it was not a calamity when west organised itself against us.
The calamity was when we failed to notice and defend ourselves.
london786 wrote:
View original post

Both included in my point number (6).

No post ratings

Jump to page: