Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open

I Have a Purpose

Jump to page:

You have contributed 0.5% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
Muadh_Khan, Naqshband66, Taalibah, Jinn, samah, the fake shaykh, abu mohammed, Acacia, dr76, my176, Abdullah bin Mubarak, BHAI1, Maria al-Qibtiyya, Abu Salma, Umm Khadeejah, abuzayd2k, Abdur Rahman ibn Awf, ALIF, sipraomer, hmdsalahuddin, saa10245, bint e aisha, a2z, tanveerzakee
6 guests appreciate this topic.
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#31 [Permalink] Posted on 11th April 2014 14:09
london786 wrote:
View original post

I had started a thread on Ummah forum in that matter. May be I shall complete that here. In summary Maulana Salman Hussaini is too impressionistic, slightly brash and possesses very little promise - as of now. My apologies for an unflattering assessment but that is how reality looks to me at the moment. I would like to be proved wrong. Till then let us redirect our hopes and expectations back to Allah (SWT).
report post quote code quick quote reply
+1 -0
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#32 [Permalink] Posted on 11th April 2014 14:14
Maripat wrote:
View original post

very surprised by your assessment maripat saab? So you think daruloom deoband inviting saudi, praising saudi, all the brelvi pir flowery business and completely ignoring their support of the great enemy of islam sissi and banning the muslim brotherhood and listing them and hamas as terrorist organizations is ok? Sorry bhai maripat I'm sure you have your reasons and I would like to hear your take on this as I'm sure you must have your reasons for the above assessment. Also would be great to hear your take on the maulana vastanvi issue and the jamiat split as well since all these issues are keenly discussed in the UK and we would like to hear what an insider like yourself has to say...
+0 -0Agree x 1
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#33 [Permalink] Posted on 12th April 2014 15:13
london786 wrote:
View original post

Relax Ya Akhi al-Aziz.
(1) It is alright to invite Saudi Imams. Let us not translate actions into ideologies. Just because I enjoy Shaikh London's company does not mean that I am fine with Mazaari-Bazi. Just because Shaikh London does not mind getting some Faiz from the tombs does not mean he has become a Barelwi. And so on.
(2) Praising Saudi is slightly problematic but I shall still make considerations on the ground that pragmatism might force us to take certain actions that are not in line with my ideology.
(3) You have to tell me little bit more about Barelwi Pir flowery business - I am not getting the reference.
(4) I am personally very upset at Sissi (what a cursed name!) support, MB-ban and the like. I have not made up my mind on Hamas. I wish some one will bring brother Tripoli-Sunni to MS so that we can have a better perspective on that issue.
(5) I think I have made my uneasiness clear on not getting precise guidelines from Deoband on some of the issues. As I mentioned in one of the posts I dumped my frustration on a (youngish) Shaikh and Mufti. I realized that people like us have to be little bit more active in order to get these type of issues on to the radar.
(6) I suppose now you will agree that I at least understand your frustration. My assessment on most of the issues is not different from yours or others in our circle.
(7) It is difficult for me to call myself as an insider because I am more of a customer of Deoband rather than the shop-keeper.
(8) I did not know much about Maulana Vastanvi before he became Muhtamim. Earlier people around me were against him and now slowly ameliorated. I on the other hand have become of the opinion that it is good that he is not the Muhtamim. My argument is based on personal hunch and gut-feeling. He is impressed by worldly things and that is against the spirit of Deoband. For sake of completeness I concur that he is a well-wisher of Deoband.
(9) This will still leave you in lurch regarding my assessment of Maulana Salman Hussaini Nadwi Sahab (DB). But then, Shaikh, your specific questions were not about him. Haha - got you!
Also would be great to hear your take on the maulana vastanvi issue and the jamiat split as well since all these issues are keenly discussed in the UK and we would like to hear what an insider like yourself has to say...

No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#34 [Permalink] Posted on 14th April 2014 11:22
Maripat wrote:
View original post

1. Bhai inviting saudi imams and giving them a platform is a huge mistake. They have caused chaos in the land. They and their rulers and do not deserve any praise.
2. Agreed that sometimes pragmatism gives way but gives way away from haq? This is the issue.
3. The brelvi flowery business was the garlands or those things that were around the neck of the saudi establishment. I don't know what you call it in urdu.
4. Bhai the role of the accursed saudi regime and the other gulf states cannot be underestimated in the recent fiasco. Subhanallah I have not seen such open treachery in a long time. Their scheming against the brotherhood even forced the british government to issue some sort of statement saying they will look into the brotherhood in the UK. This statement was done due to the pressure from saudi and saudi has great leverage due to huge contracts they give the british defence firms. Bhai I could write a whole article on their treachery.
5. Bhai I gave up on deoband a long time ago. Give me south african deoband/pakistani deoband/england deoband etc over India deoband.
6. Agree that we agree or at least agree to disagree.
7. You are an insider as you are Indian. We live far away and local knowledge is always neccesary before assessing the situation as is the case of fatwa.
8. Big claim to make that maulana vastanvi db is impressed by wordly things? We only know good of him. His work in maharsasta/gujrat is unique. I mean which alim in the whole of India has done the work on his scale. Social work, welfare, eduation (opening up medical colleges etc), running maktabs in rural areas. Also all was known before maulana vastanvi was chosen as muhtamim so why the change?
9. Yes, still waiting for your assessment of shaykh salman nadwi db. He is one alim that each time I have listened to him I am like mesmerized. Very few ulema in that category. So wanted to know why you feel as you have mentioned.

With regards to your final question. In the UK we are saddened that the ulema behave in such a manner. Jamiat was once our organization but now we don't know where to turn. The vast majority believe in the buzrugi of hazrat syed arshad madni db and thus choose to follow him whilst others feel he is not suited for the role and better as a hadeeth teacher and leave the politics for his nephew shaykh mahmood. I have met all of them and personally like syed salman mansurpuri db. Saw a lot of noor on his face. Sad to say I feel Indian muslims need to get away from the madani family and need to get away from such politics. The madani family need to focus on their job of teaching, tazkiyah, dawah and leave the politics for more astute individuals. Just my personal opinion. I am straying into slightly controversial waters. Rest assured that I admire the madni family a lot. One of my close friends was very close to hazrat asad madni rh and has/had a strong taaluq with hazrat maulana husain ahmed madni rh. I have also recently started admiring maulana husain ahmed madni rh and his family more due to him and other such circumstances as previously I was a strong believer in the ideology of Pakistan though had hatred for muhammad ali jinnah rh. Khair too much personal insight. With maulana asad madni rh as a child my father took me to him for duas as a baby and I remember seeing him often. I saw a dream of him very recently which was very pleasent. Even then I could not agree with maulaana asad madani rh inviting Indira ghandi as well as before that the father of arab nationalism gamal abdul nasser as well as the unfortunate split that occured that overthrew hazrat qari muhammad tayyeb rh....Anyway those are past times but looking at the current situation Indian muslims need leadership....sir maripat you are the man....but alas it is not that simple.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#35 [Permalink] Posted on 14th April 2014 13:58
london786 wrote:
View original post

Again following are general remarks after reading your post above.
(1) Saudia being custodian of Harmain Sharifain has that special place for us all and in dealing with the rulers there we have to be very careful. I have admitted some where that our Ulama have not overcome the psychological damage inflicted on their psyche by the events of 1857 and the Muslims with modern education have not overcome the setback of 1947. I know that in so many circumstances Deoband can not go to the logical limit of Fatwa. Some one might say that in that case they should either declare a Dar-al-Harab but that is easier said than done.
(2) This does not mean that I myself do not face frustrations - I do at every moment. In fact, by the infinite Grace of Allah (SWT), having covered the bare minimum of Islam and the necessary part of Mysticism I, personally, am left with frustrations and frustrations only.
(3) I am not saying this to frustrate others. Only to give an idea about the ground situation as I see it.
(4) I make an allowance for Dar-ul-Uloom based on the considerations that their job is to explain Islam and that is all. If they were taking, earlier, other problems upon themselves then this was their Ihsan. We can not ask for Ihsan as a matter of right.
(5) And this leaves us with those uncountable worldly problems. I assure you the problems on Muslims in India are equal to the problems of the Muslims outside India. On the Facebook a young Hindu professor in US investigated little bit the anti-Muslim trends in India. He did that because he got slightly impressed by the views that I have started expressing for last few weeks on FB. And yesterday he reached a level where he was extremely disturbed. I used my best persuasive powers to assure him to take care of his own emotional health.
(6) Above is but just a glimpse into the state of affairs in India.
(7) In this situation I can do with all the help that I can get. Key frustrations are with (i) the Ulama (ii) the modern educated Muslims and the personal situation can never be ignored nor taken for granted.
(8) Frustration with the Ulama is that they think they have the solution to all problems. The ground reality is that they have not solved even religious problems completely. For example what should be my attitude towards Al-Barelwia, As-Salalfia-A, As-Salafia-B, ..., As-Salafia-Z, Shia in worldly matters. This is not a worldly problem. This is religious and hence the onus is upon Ulama to solve them. Then their stance is required on solving, social, cultural, economic, industrial, business, financial problems. They do insist upon having a Jamiat-e-Ulema-e-Hind as if Allah (SWT) has bestowed political responsibility also upon them. Strange.
(9) Even on the theology front I do have a feeling of frustration. I get a feeling of churning when I I Maulwi is chuckling to me or some one else: I have written a book on Masa-il of Wazoo! Sorry should this problem not have been solved 1435 years ago? And so on.
(10) The modern educated people are another pain in the neck traveling down fast. I am battling them on FB. They have come to a rather clear diagnosis: Mullahs are the source of all problems. In their arguments they are as pungent as the Maulwi. If you talk softly then they try to steam roll you while if you adopt a stiff line you might end up with a useless wrack.
(11) Bringing the two of above together into a unit is what is giving me the headache now a days. I have no clue how will I manage the intra-Maslak differences.
(12) I know Mufti Salman Mansoorpuri. I respect both him and his father. I have not breached above issues with either of them.
(13) Regarding Salman Hussaini Sahab - I have hinted else where that he is all flowery speech and very little substance. When I say very little I do mean non-zero but hopelessly inadequate.
(14) strangely I have some expectations, bi-iznillah, from Barrister Asaduddin Owaisi, son of late Salahuddin Owaisi, of Hyderabad. The pesky detail is that he is, I feel, Barelwi. Though our own Dr Waliullah used to be a consultant in their hospital.
(15) As far as this sinner is concerned this Aajiz is there will all that Allah (SWT) has bestowed on yours truly. Kindly maintain an image of a slave of Allah (SWT) for yours truly because that is the reality and any deviation from that hits us very hard.
(16) Currently yours truly is hobnobbing with AMU intellectuals to rejuvenate Muslim intelligentsia as well as the Muslim political scene. This sinner never knew that even most obvious things can be painstakingly lengthy and difficult to work out at thesis level. Practical implementation is a different thing.
+1 -0
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#36 [Permalink] Posted on 3rd May 2014 08:16
Fanaticism of Deobandis

I read a comment in another thread about we being Deoband fanatics.
I suppose there might be black sheep amongst us, that is absolutely unavoidable, but having said that above assertion should be contested.
I mean we should not agree to such an accusation.
We, our hearts, are satisfied with the Deoband explanation and that is all to it.
If there is some one not satisfied with the Deoband explanation then that person can look for the alternative.
This should be the end of the fanaticism debate.
In fact our Akabir gave up debating some time back - when they enjoyed a very good reputation in that field also.

For discussions sake a few more things can be added.
When Qari Taiyyab Sahab constituted the All India Muslim Personal Board in later seventies of last century he included people from all denominations in it - Barelwis, Shias, Jama-at-e-Islami and the works. This clearly demonstrates an accommodative attitude. ( That Saudi King, Shah Abdullah, is preoccupied with inter-religious conferences is not Islamically justified in my view but I digress.)

On the personal front also this sinner can record the following.
No opinion was coming from Deoband about the current death sentence awarding spree in Egypt.
This sinner was uneasy because the people at the receiving end there are the Ikhwan-ul-Muslimoon - the Muslim Brotherhood. This is like Jama-at-e-Islami in India and Deoband has very serious ideological differences with JI.
But then on April 30, 2014 newspapers there was a very strong reaction against Egyptian Court verdicts by Hazrat Maulana Mufti Abul Qasim Nomani Sahab (DB).
Finally, for last few weeks, this sinner has been constantly talking to engineer Saleem Peerzada about political matters that affect Muslims of India. Mr Peerzada is a staunch Barelwi.

In view of these stray facts this sinner does not find any truth in an accusation that we are fanatic about Deoband. We do have a views that we stick to firmly but the rules themselves are rather moderate.

+0 -0Agree x 1
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#37 [Permalink] Posted on 4th May 2014 16:15
Advice of Faqeer Nasrullah Naqshbandi Sahab

This sinner sent a friendship request to him on FB. He was kind enough to accept it. I saw the following advice on his FB page.

Use internet the a state of Wudhu. When finished do Istaghfar.
+5 -0Like x 5
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#38 [Permalink] Posted on 12th May 2014 09:52
Brothers are again bumping into each other.
I wish I had little bit more time at my hands to spend on dowsing the fire.
But I can do one thing.
Muadh Khan should take upon himself the task of being elder brother to the rest of the crowd.
This life is work, work and work.
And patience, patience, patience. In the sense of Sabr.
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#39 [Permalink] Posted on 12th May 2014 10:08
A Senior Colleague

You are a Sufi? He asked.
"Yes", I said.
People do not prefer them.

This was a bit stark.
Who are these people?
Finally this sinner settled with Jama-at.
He, in all probability, meant that Jama-at people do not like Sufis.
He is a senior and regular member of Tablighi Jama-at.

His comment was not a disparagement.
He simply meant to convey the state of affairs - just the bare reality.

But it was an eye opener.

There are the Madarsa people.
There are the Jama-at people.
There the Sufis.
Then there are the lay people, the common Muslims.
All taking their Deen from the same source - Deoband.

Initially the comment had a biting effect but at the end of it the result was that it helped in making a serious decision.

This sinner came to Sufis to solve some worldly problems.
And then has been witnessing the Class dynamics.
Sufis, apart from the most senior Masha-ikh, regarded at the lowest wrung.
Silly and snobbish.
What is worse that this sinner does not intend to reach the higher echelons of Sufism.
This means only one thing - to end up in the position of a complete loser.
Yours truly likes that.
No position has the biggest advantage - no responsibility.
And then you are free to implement Islam in your life.

Result? Well, this sinner, will focus on worldly matters affecting Islam and Muslims.
Sufis, Madarsa people, Jama-at people can take this sinner from another department of Islam.
This sinner does not think low of any other department.
But this sinner does intend to defend his department, the common man's department in Islam, with vigour.
+2 -0Winner x 1
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#40 [Permalink] Posted on 27th May 2014 17:39
These have been amongst the most nerve wrecking ten days of life.

By the grace of Allah (SWT) a friend, Saleem Peerzada, avers that Modi might mellow down now that he has reached his goal.
+1 -0
#41 [Permalink] Posted on 27th May 2014 19:45
Maripat wrote:
View original post

Why so ? Modi is after all a man,how can he un-nerve millions of Indian Muslims ( if they stand united and remain steadfast ) ?
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#42 [Permalink] Posted on 27th May 2014 21:19
Guest-382395 wrote:
View original post

The plot should not be destruction of Muslims by violence now.. Insha Allah.. since he is in power and would never make a move that may mark him a tyrant on the international stage..

Rather, the plan could be decimating them legally.. like curbing reservations in education and jobs.. restricting govt jobs to Muslims.. banning animal slaughter.. banning Adhaan gradually..
illegal detentions of Muslim youth.. destroying their future.. restrictions on building Masajids.. bringing Madrassas under government fist and so on.. Allah forbid.. wallahu Alam..
+2 -0
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#43 [Permalink] Posted on 28th May 2014 05:25
Anonymous wrote:
View original post

Good questions Akhi. May be, Lord Most High willing, I'll say a few things on it later.

dr76 wrote:
View original post

That is even more painful Dr Sahab.

No post ratings
#44 [Permalink] Posted on 28th May 2014 05:35
dr76 wrote:
View original post

Hazrat,India was never a united country in the past,it was "Muslim rule" which made it united.

It still has the potential to break up into as many states as you can count on your fingers.One more term for Modi or some one similar to him and India will split into multiple pieces.The only guarantee for Indian survival is its 'secularism'.The Indian is a fragmented society on the basis of religion,language,cast etc.On top of that the class system is already starting unrest in the form 'armed struggle' by the Maoists in Central Indian provinces.

Whether it is survival of an individual or a nation,there are some laws of nature one has to adhere to,otherwise the nature takes its own course and certain factors come into play which are mostly unknown before they become evident.Syedena Ali ra summarised this phenomena very wisely when he said "A country can survive with 'Kufr' but not with 'Zulm'...".

" Wa makaru wa makarallah,Wallaho khair ul makireen "
No post ratings
#45 [Permalink] Posted on 28th May 2014 05:48
Guest-183876 wrote:
View original post

And,yes,I forgot to mention one point : any mindfull Indian ruler should consider the 'hot air' blowing from the Northwest of the old Indian subcontinent.If they can not reach India physically ( as Jadeed jahilyyat is still to be taken care of )....their ideology can still reach India...and has probably reached there already. Once that is done,the wishful thinking of 'shining India' will perish before it is even started :)
No post ratings

Jump to page: