Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open

I Have a Purpose

Jump to page:

You have contributed 0.5% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
Muadh_Khan, Naqshband66, Taalibah, Jinn, samah, the fake shaykh, abu mohammed, Acacia, dr76, my176, Abdullah bin Mubarak, BHAI1, Maria al-Qibtiyya, Abu Salma, Umm Khadeejah, abuzayd2k, Abdur Rahman ibn Awf, ALIF, sipraomer, hmdsalahuddin, saa10245, bint e aisha, a2z, tanveerzakee
6 guests appreciate this topic.
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#16 [Permalink] Posted on 4th April 2014 03:45
Jinn wrote:
View original post

Jazakallah for everything Akhi.
Armchair is reasonably active though FB has cut into its time.
It is Thus Spake that has been suffering.
I think it is the sheer weight of the subject matter.
Teachings of our elders are derivatives of the Qur'an and Hadith and as such heavy enough to crush mountains.
No wonder even our hearts feel the burden.
Even if the sayings are in a very common language - as the sayings of my beloved Shaikh are.
Basically taking notes in the Majlis has been an exhausting activity - particularly after the whole day spent in the university.
Luckily I feel that I do have a reasonably complete set of notes in my note books. I of course have to process all those note books.

And in the meantime other issues have started making their presence felt.
In view of that I might not be needing the blogging facility at MS.

report post quote code quick quote reply
+1 -0
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#17 [Permalink] Posted on 5th April 2014 05:37
Arrest of Maulana Abdul Qawi Sahab (DB)

I do not see any discussion on arrest of Maulana at Delhi airport some time back. He was coming to Deoband from Hyderabad for a Jami-at meeting. I have made several posts on Facebook about his arrest and nudged some political figures to issue statements on the event.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#18 [Permalink] Posted on 5th April 2014 05:40
Islam in Every Situation

In a Facebook discussion a youngster remarked to a senior person that your habit of bringing Islam into every discussion is not acceptable.

Why did he do that?
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#19 [Permalink] Posted on 5th April 2014 07:36
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#20 [Permalink] Posted on 5th April 2014 10:16
Maripat wrote:
View original post

He is a youngster
Ego
Having doori from Islaam,
Lack of adab for elders
He didnt understand Islaam properly, Islaam musjid ke char dewari tak mehdood nahi.. Its The Way Of Life..
That is not just the youngsters fault!! Had we not left doing the tarbiyah of our children, our youth!! This wouldnt have happened!! Its our fault that we are too busy with their 'worldy ' needs, actually wants that we forgot, still forget the maqsad, the purpose of our existence..
+1 -0Agree x 1Winner x 1
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#21 [Permalink] Posted on 7th April 2014 06:52
muslim11 wrote:
View original post

Agree.

Our youth is being put through modern education that is western in character.
They just can not handle it when Islam is introduced into discussion. Their solution? Just do not bring Islam into discourse!

+1 -0Like x 1Agree x 1
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#22 [Permalink] Posted on 7th April 2014 06:55
My Current Round With Qur'anists

You might be thinking that we are done with Qur'anists.

Perhaps only on the fora.

In the rest of the world they are alive and kicking.

I am hand-and-collar with a pair of them on Facebook.
The additional problem is that they are out in the open and any lapse on their part may put them into serious trouble. I do not want that to happen because both of these smarties are my colleagues.
+0 -0Agree x 1
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#23 [Permalink] Posted on 9th April 2014 06:35
Ya Rab I shall never be ready to meet you ( with good enough deeds) but I know you are ever ready to meet me ( with your Mercy).
+6 -0Like x 3Agree x 1Winner x 3
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#24 [Permalink] Posted on 9th April 2014 16:22
Had a brief exchange with brother Tripoli Sunni. He said that he used to name SF when asked about a decent forum. Also said that we Sunnis do not appreciate when we have a good thing.

For me both of these observations carry large weight, coming from a person whose research on Shiaism, in my view, is unparalleled in our times.
+2 -0Like x 1Agree x 2Winner x 1
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#25 [Permalink] Posted on 9th April 2014 17:08
Maripat wrote:
View original post

We had a Shaykh from Kuwait in America and he gave a very good talk on Aakhira and a Hizbut-Tahrir asked at the end as to what was the point of this talk? What he meant was global go-political situation should have been discussed and solutions given.

Point is people give priorities to what they think is important!
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#26 [Permalink] Posted on 9th April 2014 17:09

Maripat wrote:
View original post

Agree the most guilty are Mods/Shura of SF who never took it seriously. Allah (SWT) takes away when you don't appreciate something!

+1 -0Agree x 1Winner x 1
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#27 [Permalink] Posted on 10th April 2014 05:54
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

I have agreed in this post above. Nice illustration.
I had been repeating ad nauseum at SF that SF is a mighty blessing of Lord Most High. When the baton was handed over to Hamood Sahab I thought that new energy will be injected into the forum. Then came the decision for partial shut down during Ramadan. Internally some thing sank inside me but I went along with the Islamic spirit of increased Ibadah in Ramadan.

You might have seen at SF that I adopted an attitude of complete subordination to religious scholars as well as administration. Many of my brothers and sisters might have been piqued by that. I do intend to continue that but perhaps some additional details can be divulged. I have spent some years of my life in revolutionary type of mood where disobedience to authority is the way of life as well as direct clash with the powers that be is the order of the day.

In my present attitudes it certainly becomes inconvenient when problems arise. Our religious establishment immediately classifies it as insubordination the moment you register a complain regarding a problem that you are facing.

I'll cut the narration here and leave you in a state of surprise that I knew these things all along!

Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

I share your frustration and, I am sure, every one else too is of the same view.

Additionally if share the blame collectively, irrespective of the ground situation, then we immediately open up the door for finding the solution.

Thus let us start saying that we were cynical exploiters of SF without contributing to its well being.

And when I say that I do not push your special situation under the carpet.
And I do appreciate it a lot that your feelings about SF are still of love and care.

+0 -0Agree x 1
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#28 [Permalink] Posted on 11th April 2014 07:05
(1) Facebook is consuming most of my spare time.
(2) Earlier I was not going to FB because of the reservations expressed by our Scholars like Hazrat Mufti Taqi Usmani Sahab (DB).
(3) But because of a personal reason I ended up there.
(4) Now it is enormous energy guzzling sink for this sinner.
(5) There is a non-Muslim man in US who is trying to find his intellectual footings in the scheme of things and the Hindu fanatics jumping on him.
(6) I shall appreciate if brothers and sisters with Dawah orientation, from MS or SF, will join me there to share the responsibility and burden.
(7) There are Aligarh educated people also who are trying to find an intellectual basis in the tapestry called India. And the world.
(8) then there are Indian Muslims in general - as bewildered as they have been for last 67 years.
(9) Then there are Hindu fanatics who think that Muslims are an easy meat.
(10) There also the Hindus who do feel bad when a wrong is done to Muslims in India.
+1 -0Winner x 1
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#29 [Permalink] Posted on 11th April 2014 07:15
Talking to a Maulana

Yesterday night I was on phone with a a Maulana who is an accomplished Shaikh of Mysticism even in his relatively young age and a Mufti.

Finally I dumped all my frustrations on him, frustrations that I have with Maulwis.
It was a wonderful feeling after that.
I felt as if I had off loaded a couple of tons.

Mufti Sahab (DB) was very accommodating. Hafeezahullah.

It also helped in unclogging of some of the activities that this sinner has been planning for years.

Basically these things can be summarized in three points.
(1) To organize Muslim scientists in such a way so that their abilities and energies are used in favour of Ummah. Then to do the same in case of other intellectual streams.
(2) To create a unity amongst Ulama and the scholars of modern education - the two streams of education amongst Muslims.
(3) To take steps so as to bring Indian Muslims out of the partition guilt. The objective is to bring them out of the social, cultural, political and economical marginalization.

Supplications requested and any help will be gratefully acknowledged.
+2 -0Winner x 2
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#30 [Permalink] Posted on 11th April 2014 12:01
Bhai maripat what was your take on the issues between salman nadwi db and others? Also what did you think of the Saudi worship illustrated by some of the deobandis. What was the reaction in India or was there no reaction?
No post ratings

Jump to page: