Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open

I Have a Purpose

Jump to page:

You have contributed 0.5% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
Muadh_Khan, Naqshband66, Taalibah, Jinn, samah, the fake shaykh, abu mohammed, Acacia, dr76, my176, Abdullah bin Mubarak, BHAI1, Maria al-Qibtiyya, Abu Salma, Umm Khadeejah, abuzayd2k, Abdur Rahman ibn Awf, ALIF, sipraomer, hmdsalahuddin, saa10245, bint e aisha, a2z, tanveerzakee
6 guests appreciate this topic.
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#871 [Permalink] Posted on 1st January 2020 09:08
A Daniel Haqiqatjou Question

Q(Daniel Haqiqatjou) : If you've been paying attention, you've noticed a great increase in confusion about Islam in our times. Did this happen by accident? Or are there other forces at play?

A (Me): Even if it happened by design we are on our way to clarification.

Link : FB
report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#872 [Permalink] Posted on 1st January 2020 09:49
A Nasheed

The missing link between theory and practice for the Muslim youth today is identified and solved in this poem.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#873 [Permalink] Posted on 2nd January 2020 00:02
Maripat wrote:
View original post

Brother Maripat,
From what I have come to know about you and your leanings from this forum, I am surprised that you spoke so highly of Abdullah Yusuf Ali.
I am aware of the mindset and leanings of most of the members here. For their benefit I consider it necessary to mention a thing or two about Abdullah Yusuf Ali, because he is not someone to be admired or his translation of the Quraan be trusted.

1) Abdullah Yusuf Ali was born in a Shia Dawoodi Bohri family. Dawoodi Bohri are a sub-sect within the Ismaili branch of Shias. They are some of the most deviant among the Shia.
It is possible that Abdullah Yusuf Ali may have abandoned the Dawoodi Bohri sect as he grew up, but there is no indication of him entering the mainstream Ahlus Sunnah Wal Jamaat.

2) Abdullah Yusuf Ali was not a formally trained scholar and he has made mistakes in his translation of the Quraan. Ulama have pointed those out and discourage Muslims to read his translation.

No post ratings
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#874 [Permalink] Posted on 2nd January 2020 05:09
muslimman wrote:
View original post

Ya akhi I have read Abdullah Yusuf Ali's translation very extensively.
I am aware of antecedents of Abdullah Yusuf Ali.
I am also aware of the fact that he did commit some mistakes in his translation.

After that a few more things should be added.
It is well known that Saudi people have taken care of these short comings of his translation.
I have not compared the currently available translation with the original one but I have seen sites where the Shia people are complaining that the Saudi people have modified Abdullah Yusuf Ali's translation.

I also do remember a Turkish sister on SF, her name was Acacia, who was very vociferously against Abdullah Yusuf Ali's translation. Please understand I am not in favour of his original translation and nor I condone it in any way.

I am for the modified translation and luckily that is the one which is currently available easily.

In view of that I feel that your alarm is unnecessary.

But in case you can still find wrong perceptions perpetuated by the currently available Abdullah Yusuf Ali translation then please let us know. I would not be a participant to miscommunication about Islam and the Noble Qur'an.

By the way the video I have linked above is a very balanced one and a compassionate one. Please do listen to it.

No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#875 [Permalink] Posted on 2nd January 2020 06:10
Maripat wrote:
View original post

Brother,
I did watch the video.
I am not aware of the modified version of Yusuf Ali's translation and can't comment on whether it contains errors or not. It would be a good idea to consult the learned Ulama for that.

I am opposed to promoting Yusuf Ali's personality though. Allah swt knows best the condition of the hearts but we have to go by what is apparent.

1) As mentioned before, Yusuf Ali was born into a Dawoodi Bohri family. I have not come across anything which suggests that he became a mainstream Sunni, so his very aqeedah is doubtful.

2) Yusuf Ali's act of translating the Quraan while not being a qualified Aalim is in itself not correct.

As the Ulama say, it is not permissible for a non-Aalim to write Tafseer. Even if the Tafseer turns out to be correct, he will sinful instead of being rewarded. Yusuf Ali wrote a translation, and not a Tafseer as far as I know, however I am quite certain that the same ruling applies.

You agree that Yusuf Ali's original translation contains errors. It is clear that Yusuf Ali attempted this translation while not being qualified which is a condemnable act.

With these points in mind, I don't understand how you could refer to Yusuf Ali as " very beloved to Allah" or even praise him.
I am not issuing a fatwa here but talking based on the meagre knowledge I have acquired by listening to, and reading the works of the Ulama.
If there is any mistake in what I wrote, may Allah swt forgive me. Aameen.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#876 [Permalink] Posted on 2nd January 2020 07:35
muslimman wrote:
View original post

Quote:
As the Ulama say, it is not permissible for a non-Aalim to write Tafseer. Even if the Tafseer turns out to be correct, he will sinful instead of being rewarded. Yusuf Ali wrote a translation, and not a Tafseer as far as I know, however I am quite certain that the same ruling applies.

His translation came with very extensive notes. These notes very legitimately do constitute a Tafseer. Even these notes have been thoroughly checked and corrected by the Ulama of Saudia. Moreover I have not come across any objections by our Ulama to the translation and notes by Abdullah Yusuf Ali.

My brother you are taking an unnecessarily negative view of Abdullah Yusuf Ali. Please do consult an Alim of a better stature than yourself - like Mufti Taqi Usmani Sahab and we can talk after that.
+0 -0Disagree x 1
Rank Image
Spinistan Throne
Brother
#877 [Permalink] Posted on 2nd January 2020 14:46
Professor Maripat, as a person of authority in an Indian University, particularly AMU, may i make a small suggestion if not already done.

Can you arrange a gathering of students and chant istighfar and spread it across the nation?

An istighfar gathering/rally in mass

Get everyone to tweet it, facebook it, instagram it, tik tok it and what not with the wording of the Hadith.

The members here constantly post reminder after reminder of its worth.

InshaAllah according to the Hadith, Allah will open the doors which we thought were impossible.

A similar action of tweeting across to China and other nations, can we imagine the implications of this?

+2 -0Like x 2
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#878 [Permalink] Posted on 3rd January 2020 05:08
Maripat wrote:
View original post

My perception of Yusuf Ali is based on the reasons I listed above. The most important of which is: what was his aqeedah? Did he belong to Ahlus Sunnah Wal Jamaat?
No post ratings
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#879 [Permalink] Posted on 3rd January 2020 06:32
muslimman wrote:
View original post

That is between him and Allah SWT. What is relevant at the moment is whether his translation and commentary are in conformity with our Aqeedah or not. After Saudia whetting of his work, both translation and comments/notes, I have not come across our scholars objecting to his writings.

No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#880 [Permalink] Posted on 4th January 2020 01:20
Maripat wrote:
View original post

I am not arguing over the translation, or rather the modified version.
Its just that I am not in favour of such high praise for a man whose aqeedah we are not aware of.Any way, I don't see any point discussing this further. Thank you brother for your responses.May Allah swt guide all of us to what is right.Ameen.
+0 -0Ameen x 1
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#881 [Permalink] Posted on 14th January 2020 14:28
A Few Sundry Points

(1) There is some one in the background disliking my posts very diligently.

(2) Just before his death the Suleman Shah in the serial Ertugrul renders thanks to Allah SWT in a manner that I have seen rarely in real life...Sana Shukr...Sana Shukr...Sana Shukr. Sub-han Allah. I have seen it ten times and can not still have enough and every time I cry at the Bandagi of the actor.

(3) There is a location called the Duck Point in our university where every day from 6:30 to 7:30 pm the teachers gather to protest against CAA.

(4) In the Shaheen Bagh protests there is a young man who is a massive regular Dayee.
+2 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
London
Brother
#882 [Permalink] Posted on 14th January 2020 14:30
Maripat wrote:
View original post

Quote:
(1) There is some one in the background disliking my posts very diligently.

I will bring this to Admins attention inshaAllah.

EDIT: Currently there are only 5 of your posts that have been given a dislike and 1 disagree (If I'm reading your profile page correctly), that's not too bad :)
No post ratings
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#883 [Permalink] Posted on 14th January 2020 15:02
abu mohammed wrote:
View original post

I saw that in some cases even a post with very conservative info was disliked.

No post ratings
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#884 [Permalink] Posted on 14th January 2020 15:39
I need MS to make sense of the things around us.

Here is a video from the anti-CAA protests.

I am ashamed that I took the event of our women taking to the road as a sign of things changing in our favour.

Till sister bint-e-aisha opened up my eyes.

Now I feel that the girl in the video is enjoying herself and entertaining the youth around her.

It is not giving me any good vibes.
+1 -0Disagree x 1
Rank Image
London
Brother
#885 [Permalink] Posted on 14th January 2020 16:01
Maripat wrote:
View original post

This incident is wrong on so many levels.

How many laws of Shariah will have to be broken to come to our senses. This is beyond the need of protesting!

Protesting is on another level. This girl is singing in PUBLIC!

The men are only there to enjoy the moment and to get the crowd to react.

Shameful indeed.
+1 -0Like x 1Agree x 1

Jump to page: