Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open

I Have a Purpose

Jump to page:

You have contributed 0.5% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
Muadh_Khan, Naqshband66, Taalibah, Jinn, samah, the fake shaykh, abu mohammed, Acacia, dr76, my176, Abdullah bin Mubarak, BHAI1, Maria al-Qibtiyya, Abu Salma, Umm Khadeejah, abuzayd2k, Abdur Rahman ibn Awf, ALIF, sipraomer, hmdsalahuddin, saa10245, bint e aisha, a2z, tanveerzakee
6 guests appreciate this topic.
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#811 [Permalink] Posted on 1st January 2019 18:57
Maripat wrote:
View original post

Qur'an tells us about Bani Israil,in surah اسری,that they were warned they will cause mischief in the world twice and that they will be punished for that....

During their second mischief after Syedena Eisa علیہ السلام،they were crushed by Romans and scattered across the world,they were able to come back to Palestine only recently after the Jewish state of Israil was established.

In those days they were divided into three major groups :

1) Farusi or Fuqaha
2) Suddooqi or Ahle Zahir,who followed the literal meaning of sharia text
3) Rahban or Sufi,s

Fuqaha and Ahle Zahir fought bitter verbal wars that ultimately became physical,the Roman governer of Palestine could not control them so he requested help from central government who sent a force to calm the situation.One of the above mentioned groups killed a Roman emissary inviting the wrath of Roman government who killed ALL,irrespective of which group they belonged,it was a total destruction of Jerusalem...
(Ref: Qisas ul Qur'an by Ml Hifzur Rahman sewharwi ra)

Is there any lesson(s) in it for us ?
report post quote code quick quote reply
+2 -0
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#812 [Permalink] Posted on 2nd January 2019 06:06
ALIF wrote:
View original post
Quote:
Is there any lesson(s) in it for us ?

There is but ya akhi these issues are among those that one can not talk about publicly.
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#813 [Permalink] Posted on 2nd January 2019 06:38
Cow Welfare Tax in India

Government of Uttar Pradesh in India is apparently going to impose 0.5 percent cow welfare tax.

Dear Government of Uttar Pradesh I do not have that kind of faith or any other kind of faith in Mother Cow.
+3 -0Like x 1Creative x 1
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#814 [Permalink] Posted on 19th January 2019 06:59
When Even High IQ is Pathetic

A few decades ago the western world and hence the whole world was abuzz with the emotional intelligence discussion.

People came to the realization that IQ is a great thing but not the greatest - it could be easily stumped. The countering ability is this case was called emotional intelligence and the corresponding measure, counter part of IQ, was called EQ, the emotional quotient.

There is a whole range of demonstration where it can be seen that high IQ people lag behind people who have higher EQ.

So High IQ is alright, it is a good thing but please do not deride anyone for not having high enough IQ.

Indeed your obsession with your own high IQ could be a serious drawback - it could be a betrayal of low EQ!

Of course the psychological community went beyond EQ too and talked for a while about SQ - the spirituality Quotient. At about that time people got bored with these issues.

But that does not mean these issues cease to be important.

We got to keep all these things in our mind.
+4 -0Like x 2Winner x 1
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#815 [Permalink] Posted on 19th January 2019 07:27
I Only Tolerate Islam : Sanjiv Bhatt

This is what Sanjiv Bhatt had posted on his Facebook wall about a year or so ago. That was bang into the period when the Saffron bigots were playing bloody Holi with Muslim lives.

Of course people must have criticized him on this count because next he wrote a nice Facebook post saying kind things about Muslims.

My question here is about criticizing other religions in India. Islam is the pitch dark force in the scheme of things but what about other religions? There are some points where it is very difficult to remain neutral.

I am not talking about women entry to Sabrimala temple in Kerala. I am talking about that naked Jain Muni who died recently and used to froth venom against Islam and Muslims.

I am also talking about Rohit Vemula, the young Dalit scholar, who committed suicide because he came to the stark realization that his society will not allow him the simple dream of being a science journalist.

I can not have respect for such society nor I can tolerate.
+2 -0Like x 2
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#816 [Permalink] Posted on 19th January 2019 08:34
BSc Final Year Batch That Year

On the backside of department there were pairs of boys and girls sitting for long hours.

That was an exceptional year. It usually does not happen that way.

But this is what life closer home - different from what they talk about in Khanqah.

There is modern life and there is what the Ulama are telling us about Islam.

Of course there have been girls who did their BSc and then MSc and then their PhD and did not expose their face to anyone.

But the rest are much more closer to what you will see in Hindu and even western society.

I have to worry about Islam in this environment.

And then there is the Madarsa, the Jama-at and the Khanqah where career of Pir Zulfiqar is destroyed because he got a very small piece of Islam wrong.

Dear friends give me a break and allow me to get connected with life on the ground.
+2 -0Winner x 2
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#817 [Permalink] Posted on 29th January 2019 05:23
Reward of Sabr: Patience and Perseverance

The US was talking to, hold your breath, Taliban.
Quote:
The chief American negotiator, Zalmay Khalilzad, said on Twitter that the talks were “more productive than they have been in the past” and he hoped they would resume shortly.

And what did they talk about?
Quote:
Mr. Khalilzad’s comments suggested that the key sticking points were the terms of a Taliban cease-fire and getting the insurgents to give up their longstanding refusal to speak to the Afghan government, which they deride as an American puppet.

Translation : Dear Taliban be a good boy when we go away.
Quote:
The talks in Doha, Qatar, lasted much longer than planned and longer than any previous attempt to end the 17-year conflict, and both sides publicly reported progress — a rarity.

Sources : NYT, WP,
+3 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#818 [Permalink] Posted on 7th February 2019 06:47
The Polygyny Argument

Brothers and sisters might have been aware of this but I did not think of this angle earlier.
+2 -0
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#819 [Permalink] Posted on 9th February 2019 05:45
US Talking to Taliban

I suddenly feel that I am out of work. Now that the US is talking to Taliban it is Taliban who will do what is needful. People like me can take a bow and stop worrying about the Ummah. Of course we were as useless yesterday as we are today.

There is a statement of Pir Zulfiqar Ahmed Sahab Naqshbandi DB that when Hazrat Mehdi AS comes then he will do what has to be done and not us. That is exactly the feeling I am getting now. I was doing intellectual cud-chewing on a semi-active forum and that is all. Real life problems need little bit more assertion. That was never within the reach of keyboard workers like us.
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#820 [Permalink] Posted on 9th February 2019 06:10
Meaning of Taliban Paradigm

My hypothetical question to the west used to be the following.

There is the west and there is the so called terrorist. Where is the normative Muslim?

This can be phrased in another way.

There is the western narrative and there is the so called terrorist narrative. Where is the Muslim narrative?

This used to be be my positioning earlier.

Now that the west has chosen their former adversary as the dialogue partner it is clear that the rest of the Muslims are out of the loop.

Happy to be relieved.
+1 -0
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#821 [Permalink] Posted on 15th February 2019 15:25
+1 -0
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#822 [Permalink] Posted on 25th February 2019 08:27
No post ratings
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#823 [Permalink] Posted on 25th February 2019 08:32
+1 -0
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#824 [Permalink] Posted on 7th March 2019 06:56
From the Top to the Bottom

She has the Hijab.
And then you can also see all of the contours.
Either she is confused or worse - trying to confuse the rest of us. In that case she is simply failing.

Ilhan Omar's photograph in NYT.
+0 -0Agree x 1
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#825 [Permalink] Posted on 13th March 2019 07:52
Petition for Muadh Khan

Above thread has been moved to some privileged group to which I do not have access.
No post ratings

Jump to page: