Top Members

I Have a Purpose

Jump to page:

You have contributed 0.7% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
Muadh_Khan, Naqshband66, Taalibah, Jinn, samah, the fake shaykh, abu mohammed, Acacia, dr76, my176, Abdullah bin Mubarak, BHAI1, Maria al-Qibtiyya, Abu Salma, Umm Khadeejah, abuzayd2k, Abdur Rahman ibn Awf, ALIF, sipraomer, hmdsalahuddin, saa10245
6 guests appreciate this topic.
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#751 [Permalink] Posted on 3rd October 2018 06:13

ALIF wrote:
View original post

We can not 'force' the events to occur according to prophecies.

Indeed. Nor we can force the things according to the Hadith.

Yet we can change ourselves to fall according to the Hadith. And just because there is confusion about the authenticity of Hadiths it does not mean that these Ahadith should not be analyzed. It certainly devolves upon the Ulama to do this task. When they, the Ulama, do not do the needful then the field is left open to the likes of Imran Hossein. He is nor less of a bad influence than Nematullah Shah Wali , or rather those people who modified his words or in the extreme who created the fiction called Nematullah.

But I do agree with the uneasiness created by the ground situation in the Gulf. I also understand reluctance of Ulama to delve into these matters.

If the things were not critical I certainly would have loved to ask the Ulama about the status of those who gave their lives thinking that they are acting in accordance to Islam while we think they were not on the right path.

I started reading the research article by CM Naim. It begins by attributing the Conspiracy to Wahhabis and then moved on the Sufis ( the ones who will be termed Barelwis today) and by that time I lost interest. The author did not hesitate to drag Sir Syed into mud.

I do understand the secular stand on miracles. As I understand the teachings of Islam I realize that miracles of Prophets and the miracles of Elders are nothing to sneer at - in fact this sneering is antithetic to faith.

Then there is this problem of our stand on miracles of Elders in modern times where the modern, liberal, Progressive, democratic way of life. I personally do not see any need to share these things with the people with that mindset.

So ultimately it devolves to the authenticity of Nematullah Shah Wali and his prophecies from the Islamic point of view. That will be a nice thing to have - the status of these prophecies according to our own scholars.

I am not waiting even for that. I am only worried about the problems of Muslims today for these affect me in various ways. I would like to see a way out for Muslims from these troubles. If not the predictions of Nematullah Shah Wali then I do certainly need the End of Time Hadiths for there I see many signs of hope for Muslims the world over.
report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#752 [Permalink] Posted on 3rd October 2018 11:20
Maripat wrote:
View original post

Agreed sir...Ahadeeth are what we should be looking for and the ahadeeth about end times not only gives us hope,it instructs us how to act in any particular situation,it gives strategies to be adopted,it tells about safety measures to be taken, it helps us analysing some very complex situations and gives solutions...our prophet صَل الله عليه و سلم never left us without guidance, may Allah SWT reward him immensely . Amin !

We certainly can’t ignor ahadeeth due to any degree of confusion, because Alhamdolillah we still have great uluma who may guide us regarding the authenticity of ahadeeth,still I believe those who will live through those prophecies may hardly need any help as things will be happening in front of their eyes and for them such ahadeeth will be factual instructions in simple language meant to be easily understood. The confusion may be for us who are still some distance away in time.The fake ahadeeth are what they are-FAKE...

It is my wish that we keep this topic alive. If it was not that important our beloved master peace be upon him would not have spent his very precious time on elaborating the end times wars and fitan. Like in everything else we need help of uluma here too...and Alhamdolillah they are capable of helping us and willing to do so...

Just to clarify my position,my post was never meant to sneer at miracles of the elders leave alone those of the prophets نعوذ بالله من ذالك, I am neither liberal nor secular...

There have always been some question marks about the authenticity of the prophecies of shah Naematullah wali. A little effort to point towards those controversies should not hurt...
+0 -0Ameen x 2
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#753 [Permalink] Posted on 4th October 2018 07:07
I agree on each point ya akhi.

Last night when these things were going on in my mind I was getting a feeling that this Kashf of Nematullah Shah Wali has perhaps gone down the drain just like the Gospel of Barnabas in case of the Bible.

For both of these things we Muslims are to be blamed.

Fortunately the loss of the Gospel of Barnabas for us is not such a bad thing after all. The reason is the following. Gospel of Barnabas had explicit name of our beloved Prophet Muhammed SAW as the Prophet to come. Muslims wrote so many comments on it that the Christians got an excuse to discredit it completely.

Luckily the phrase 'Altogether Praiseworthy' in the Bible of today is really Mohammadeim in the original and hence we have the actual name of Rasoolallah SAW mentioned in the Bible. So even if the Gospel of Barnabas went down the drain we have no cause to grieve.

It was Shaikh Ahmed deedat who used this point to full effect. Even Shaikh Shabbir Ally has failed to utilize that angle in his approach to the full and he damaged his own strategy by relying on phony things like number 19 in the Qur'an.

In case of the prophecies of Nematullah Shah Wali we have suffered the same fate. People like CM Naim, our own man, have gone whole hog to dig in the grave that was started by those people who started meddling with the Prophecies. Those too accurate descriptions of the Mughals are so fluffy teddy bear without eyesing.

Yet, luckily, the Ahadith in this regard are specific enough to give us a lot of reassurance in present times because these foretell of coming respite for the Muslim Ummah. Of course the pesky thing is the difficult time we have to face before we see the light at the end of the tunnel and come out of it.

In that context I have to bring in Shaikh Imran Hossein in again and again with sadness in my heart. He is not clearing the waters but muddying them.

This finally brings me back to the crux again - that we can not be dogmatic about these issues. As the wise people have been advising us that this has been going on ever since the arrival and departure of beloved Prophet PBUH that we have been thinking of the end being imminent.

So back to laundry and all that.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#754 [Permalink] Posted on 8th October 2018 08:25
Imprisoned by Enemy

Thi ghutan qaid-e-afrang ki is qadar
Ki sab hamare quwa mujamid ho gaye

The suffocation of the enemy's prison was so intense
That all of our strengths got near completely frozen

I keep talking about encroachment of the west on the life space of Muslims the world over. The same is true for India too with only very minor variations. Here in India we are at the receiving end of the wrath of the Saffron while the so called secular milieu has mostly been pandering to the so called Soft Hindutva and even earlier it was only quantitatively different from the Saffron, not qualitatively.

The seize of the Muslim World by these forces is really so strong that the Muslims do feel as if their senses have been completely frozen.

Professor Mahmood Mamdani cribbed in his seminal book called the Good Muslim, Bad Muslim that it is virtually impossible to criticize Israel in the US.

In UK they are in the process of doing even better - to make criticism of Zionism on par with ant-Semitism.

I keep writing along these lines. I have been doing it ever since I came to MS. In fact I had gone into this mode to some extent in Sunni Forum days itself.

Does it reach my brothers and sisters? From the reactions it is clear that some of the brothers do connect with me. Then there are others who came from some where and they go some where else not taking anything from MS (or from SF). We can say nothing about them.

What about the rest? Well mine is an academic task and that is what I have been doing. By now I have some clarity about the shape of things. In this endeavour I need help and for that I do not need too many people. A few are sufficient. Of course these few should have some minimum academic abilities. Of course I am not looking for genius.

But genius would not only be welcome but really wonderful. And this is a sore point. Why are Muslims with good abilities putting their weight behind the Ummah and their abilities and capabilities in support of Ummah? I have some views about that too but that will take me too far along the digression.

To summarize I am trying to do the academic work for the purpose of bringing the Ummah of Rasoolallah SAW out of the seize under which the external forces are keeping it.

One question that can be asked in this regard is why not take the Khurasan route. Well Khurasan route will not be clear before disappearance of Sufiyani's army between Syria and Arab. That is the real practical problem.

Secondly I am in that age group where physical leadership belongs to army generals (or Rasoolallah SAW!) while people like me are not fit enough to venture.

Thirdly my feeling is that Khurasan paradigm may not need fresh volunteers for the Muslim world does not lack armies.

Fourthly - someone has to do the academic work in today's world. Even in his days Rasoolallah SAW did not ignore it.

Finally just because we approach the problem academically it does not mean that the west will take to us very kindly. They certainly will be left speechless but not action-less. Remember anything that doe not suit their aims, objectives, their interests they try to make it look bad, illegal, unwanted and evil.

I can give many an examples but will cite only two.

One. India was playing cricket with Australia - in their country. India was dominating the game and hence the stadium was nearly deserted. They enjoy the game only if Australia is dominating the visiting team. The so called sporting and objective west.

Two. Edward Said's Orientalism came like a on bricks on the western academia. So what was the criticism they found for it? Well they said that the book is anti-west. there you are.

Remember that Rasoolallah SAW's friction was not with the west - that is the Christian world today. It was mostly with the Jewish people and the Pagans. But soon the Christian west was on Muslim necks with most horrible campaigns in military history - the Crusades. These created havoc on Muslim world for an extended period. And when Muslims defeated these the west did not take it kindly. There came the round two called colonialism. This round was accompanied with some additional weapons that the Muslim World has still not understood completely - this is the academic weapon. It is called orientalism.

This is what the Muslim world should focus upon. This is what has been occupying my energies.

I hope in my attempt to clarify the things I have not made it more incomprehensible.
+2 -0Like x 2
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#755 [Permalink] Posted on 9th October 2018 07:10
Thus Spake the Chief Servant

(I wrote this for the Facebook but did not post for I got cold feet. The Prime Minister once called himself the Chief Servant.)

Whenever he was asked about the violence against the Muslims in Gujarat he retorted most pompously, "Mere Gujarat nu logon mein mat banto". Do not divide my Gujarat into sects.

As if we do not know what he meant.

I am sure the bigots were laughing with glee.

I am sure the closet Sanghis knew what his trickery.

Then they thought that the Muslims will be the ones who will be fooled.

It took a little while more to completely subdue the Christians. that task is all but complete by now.

The left is nearly completely under seize.

Sikhs were silenced long back in 1984.

Of course they have a very big heart, do they not accommodate the South Indians who are so dark in complexion?

And have you forgotten the episode where a north-east lady was asked in a posh party as to what was her going rate, after all they supposed to be call girls only.

I can tell you - you can not trust the Saffron to define India. Resign all your hopes on this front.
+1 -0
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#756 [Permalink] Posted on 18th October 2018 07:42
Hassan Nisar

I have said it several times that Hassan Nisar keeps criticizing without coming to concrete ways to sort out the mess in Pakistan in particular and Muslim world in general.

My feeling was that though his criticism was genuine yet it only served to discourage Muslims from doing something about it. Like all work and no play makes Jack a dull boy similarly all criticism makes a person lose enthusiasm.

I thought of turning tables on him by taking him to task for this failing. Yet a few brothers at the forum disagreed with my strategy. Their reasons were along the lines of the observation that no one takes him seriously in Pakistan he does not have even nuisance value but merely comic and silly profile.

I am not buying these arguments but I have changed my mind about him. I will not go after him. Earlier too I agreed with his observations about the sicknesses with Muslim society and I do so now.

If he keeps complaining about these then that is not only his right but his duty too. And he has been doing that. It is true that all complains and complains all the time may do little for alleviating the situation of the Muslims but now I have resigned to the fact that he is at least complaining.

May Allah SWT guide me and may He guide him on the right path.
+0 -0Ameen x 2
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#757 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd October 2018 06:13
My Very Own Stupidity

I suppose I should have little more confidence in my own assessment and I should rely less on other people's instincts.

Allow me to explain myself.

Some of you will remember an atheist man from Australia called Russell who was on the Sunni Forum.

During the discussions with other non-Muslims I got the feeling that if we be very friendly and compassionate with them then our Dawah will have a better effect. In many of the threads it was happening that the non-Muslims were being challenged or dealt in a tough manner.

In case of above mentioned man I used the soft approach with the posture of reasonable believer. He He listened to all. My impression was that the friendly approach has worked. I was mistaken. He swallowed everything, hook, line and sinker and then made his reverse attack of utter and complete rejection compounded with enough amount of derision.

My experiment had failed. I was the one who got it wrong.

Yet I am saying that I should have trusted my own instincts rather than relying on others because of another angle. Our Tablighi people tell us that Islam spread because of the character of the Muslims and we should make our character a good one and that will be sufficient as Dawah.

While our Tablighi brothers, I am sorry to say, are simply hiding their lack of courage to do Dawah to non-Muslims, their assertion has limitations even on the basis of its internal value. Rasoolallah SAW was Rasoolallah, may peace and blessings of Allah SWT be upon him. We meager Muslims can not even produce the character of an Elder of later times, even our own times. So this character building Party Line is just bogus.

I am saying this after yet another failed attempt on this character line of argument. I am not the only one but there were many Muslims who were giving the character line of argument to a lady on the net. Even if we ignore those who were there just for the female company many were there for Dawah only and the result is just zero, cipher, nil.

Have a look at her video here.

I shall not, IA, allow her sentiments to go unanswered but I am a bit angry with myself for not taking the revelation seriously where Allah SWT tells us that non-Muslims will not stop of short anything till you become just like them. What a bojo I have been.

The lesson? Well the lesson is that Dawah is Dawah. All you have to say is that,"Brother/Sister our Lord created us to worship Him and the only authentic way to worship Him today is Islam and I invite you most cordially to that way of life, please accept it and in case you reject it then please understand that if you accept it then you have a great reward in the hereafter and in cse you choose to reject it then the responsibility in the hereafter is all yours for in that case my beloved prophet SAW has warned of very grave consequences".

If it is dry, so be it. If it sounds ominous, so be it. If it is not inviting enough so be it.

Then there will be people who will take the sweet approach. That is valid. The only lacuna is that they should be ready to bear the shock and dejection of rejection.

Of course there is no need to be aggressive and abrasive.

But more certainly there is no need to invest emotionally in those who are not already in the fold of Islam. There is a chance of them accepting our Dawah but the consequences are more of rejection. This is there in the Noble Qur'an. Few people accept the truth.
+3 -0Like x 2Winner x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#758 [Permalink] Posted on 6th November 2018 09:34
One of the most pesky problems is that Deoband never decided to deal with the Barelwis comprehensively. Of course this is also true that neither did the Salafis but that is no consolation at all. They, the Barelwis, have separated their dress from the rest of the Muslims, the Prayer call and the Prayer itself. Look for the differences, you will get these very loud and clear. By now it has become a separate sect as robust as the Shias. Sadly this happened under our nose. Of course our Scholars do make a lot of song about Refutation of Barelwis but none of it comes down to action on the ground. The reason? The commitment to unity of Ummah. We work for unity of the Muslim Ummah and not the division, they, our scholars, say. Well let me assure everyone concerned that the State will never act against any innovation. We are living in modern times and the State is never going to worry about theological matters. And then you have the Barelwis taking over your Mosques by force. You want examples? Please do not. I shall feel offended. To say that we are on Haq is one thing and to develop cold feet when it comes to real problems of life is a vastly different thing. My impression is that Barelwism has become an insoluble problem on par with Shiaism. What is more worrying is that they, the Barelwis, are more inclined towards the Shias than the Sunnis. And that is in spite of the fact that they, the Barelwis, have snatched away the title Sunni from you. What a miserable mess we have made of ourselves. By the way I am not available to solve this problem. I am too busy doing my academic bit about the worldly problems faced by the Muslim Ummah today.
No post ratings

Jump to page: