Top Members

I Have a Purpose

Jump to page:

You have contributed 0.7% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
Muadh_Khan, Naqshband66, Taalibah, Jinn, samah, the fake shaykh, abu mohammed, Acacia, dr76, my176, Abdullah bin Mubarak, BHAI1, Maria al-Qibtiyya, Abu Salma, Umm Khadeejah, abuzayd2k, Abdur Rahman ibn Awf, ALIF, sipraomer, hmdsalahuddin
6 guests appreciate this topic.
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#631 [Permalink] Posted on 11th May 2018 05:45
Maripat wrote:
View original post

(salam)

Qalandar is a kind of Temperament running in salasil of Sufis.. There cannot be a classification of Good or Bad Qalandars..

If someone perceived to be a sufi was seen doing acts which contradicted General norms of Shariah & Plain reason & in opposition to the accepted sufi way of life, then he probably is a Majzoob & cannot be followed or held accountable to..

We had a thread with a detailed description of Qalandars & Their Way of Life.. with an attachment of a Risalah By Hazrat Maulana Ashraf Ali Thanwi (rah) on the same Topic.. Here is the Link.

duas..

wa Assalam..
report post quote code quick quote reply
+2 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#632 [Permalink] Posted on 17th May 2018 09:01
Musings on a Facebook Post

A Facebook friend posted the following status.

Quote:
Sharing a message received in WhatsApp: "Afghanistan, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Iran, Indonesia and Egypt were NOT Islamic countries to begin with.
Remaining India also will NOT remain secular the day there are even 40% Muslims. Islam and secularism, democracy, equality don’t go together. Secularism doesn’t sustain simply because it is written in some book called constitution. Resolutions of vegetarianism by sheep don’t matter as long the wolf has other ideas."

I was upset. Muslims are getting the worse end of the stick in India today and then the Saffronites have the cheek to sow and plant this kind of messages. The person who posted this is a convent educated Hindu physicist who gets upset with every manifestation of communal bigotry in our country. He resides in a very communally charged state of Rajasthan in North India. So many times even a person of his sagacity gets stumped by the questions hurled at the people by the Saffron bigots.

Here I shall not answer the accusation inherent in above WhatsApp message by my friend. I would like to answer the other side of the question.

If we look at the Islamic history we realize that Islam did not spread by constant conquests by the big-wigs of Islamic military cavalcade. Look at the initial events. Badr was certainly a monumental victory. After that Uhad was less than a face saver. Hunain was a lesson to us. The Battle of Confederates was merely an escape more out of providence than the physical efforts that were certainly valiant. Take the numerous battles amongst the Sahaba RA themselves - they do not inspire much confidence.

Take later times. The crusaders unleashed long drawn calamities on Muslims. The Mongols did to Islam and Muslims what history never did before and after.

Come to still later times. Muslims were expunged from Europe and from Spain the expulsion was most horrific.

Then we have the that ignominious period called the European Colonization of Muslim world. At the moment we are living in a period that the West has told us to be the Post Colonial period yet it is most ugly period from the point of view of self respect. The West has the Muslim world in its complete grip economically, politically and militarily and allows Israel to commit most heinous crimes against us.

In this background the the views expressed in the above status received by my friend on WhatsApp and posted on Facebook are very strange.

How did Islam spread and how did it become glorious? Above set of events would give a very different outcome from what is presented in the Facebook status and what we know of history of Muslims.

Clear we have to separate two things. Muslim conquests and spread of Islam. By the Grace of Allah SWT an Aligarh scholar of British origin Professor Thomas walker Arnold has already done the needful for half of the problem more than a hundred years ago. He wrote the famous book called The Spread of Islam. Earlier it was called the Preaching of Islam in the World. This is a must read book for every Muslim and we better learn to shove it down the throat of anyone hinting, following Edward Gibbon, that Muslims came out with the Qur'an in one hand and the sword in the other. (I suppose they were holding the reins of the horse by the mouth.) In that monumental survey Arnold broke the backbone of Gibbons conjecture once and for all. Remember scholars and scholarship like TW Arnold is not going to return to this world again and hence the enemies of Islam might try as much as they can they will never be able to over through this finest academic analysis. And those who try can be answered in a befitting manner.

So this Spread of Islam Using Sword theory is long dead and it can be allowed to remain so.

But the fact remains that many of the Muslim countries of today were free from Islam. How did it happen. If we think carefully then this question too has been answered already. Specific answer is that Islam spread through the Sufis and the traders and that is all. In fact our Dawah department has not been as active and assertive as the Christian proselytizers. Never. The Sufis were busy spreading the message of love and the traders were busy doing trade on Islamic principles. The whole miracle of spread of Islam resides in these twin facts.

We are still left to deal with the military conquests by Muslims. To be on the forthright side we Muslims of today neither owe any explanation in this regard nor there is any cause to be ashamed of.

Some critics might still ask questions about the values and the way of life and the culture spread by Islam. The answer in each of these three issues is most glorious and Muslims do keep telling about it. Arnold again did the needful in his another compilation edited by Gillaume called The Legacy of Islam. That is another book that every Muslim must read.

All this will still leave those people unsatisfied who asked the question in the Facebook status. We shall allow those people to simmer in their own soup for neither they are in a condition to imbibe the truth now nor they ever will be.

This finally brings me to a very important question that is there in the background of this all. The Saffronite Hindu is using this kind of calumny to spread hatred and venom against hapless Muslims. What should be done in this matter and what can be done?

I have some raw ideas, after investing so many years here at MS and before that on SF. I need friends both here at MS and in AMU to clarify these ideas. I have been constantly reporting on these two fronts here. My ideas revolve around Muslim academics taking the initiative to do their bit in the process of taking Muslim Ummah out of her present bad state.
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#633 [Permalink] Posted on 17th May 2018 11:34
What is written by the learned writer on the Facebook and quoted by you obviously does not make sense.One could argue that the present day Hindu religion was not the faith of the local Indians before Arian invasion,Christianity was not the religion of Europe,America,australia etc. Ideologies do spread,sometimes through physical conquest,sometimes through economic benefits attached or social acceptance but mostly through the spiritual force of the ideology...

Had muslims used force or used their dominance in any other way across India when they ruled,today Muslims would be in majority in India. I wish they had done that....but it remains a fact that Muslims had always been the most tolerant rulers wherever they ruled,in terms of personal faith.

Maripat,we learn one simple rule from Sharia: where we can fight and resist,we do that; where we can’t fight we remain patient and steadfast. In both instances we remain attached to Allah swt and remain dependant on HIS mercy.

What I suggested earlier in another post on another thread was the result of my deliberation on the situation,whatever it’s worth may be :

*Working for Muslim unity

*closing ranks by all Muslim groups irrespective of minor differences

*remaining peaceful and avoiding provocations

*taking advantage of Indian‘democracy’,using the ‘power of vote’

*and defeating extremism with non-violence and the message of peaceful coexistence

Those are the key components of the strategy we must adopt. Knee jerk reactions,emotional outbursts,ideas of armed resistance must be discouraged. Those secular forces who politically oppose the extremists must be kept on our side using the strength of our vote and support. If possible a movement (without a religious outlook) should be started on the lines of پیامِ انسانیت model which was initiated by Syed Abul Hasan Ali Nadvi ra in early eighties. You may find some more details about it in his autobiography.

In the long run,concrete efforts are needed for economic uplift and education of our youth. There are still some rich Indian Muslims left,they should be convinced to contribute to “interest free loan programme” started by Ml Asad Madani (رحمہ اللہ). This way muslims can start small business easily and help in the economic revival of the community. May Allah SWT help us all. Having written it all I must state that if it comes to the Iman of Indian Muslims then there is only one option left..Fight like true Muslims do.
Maripat wrote:
View original post

+0 -0Agree x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#634 [Permalink] Posted on 17th May 2018 12:17

ALIF wrote:
View original post
Brother I agree with most of the points and I suppose we shoud start a concrete programme for the betterment of Muslim Ummah in all earnest. I shall take up your suggestions and those of another brother and a few sisters later on.

No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#635 [Permalink] Posted on 31st May 2018 04:12
A Boy During Taraweeh

I distinctly heard he was sobbing.
His usual and normal profile is of a sober guy.
His beard is Salafi kind - if you get what I mean.
In fact his father has been worried about his Salafi obsession.
I myself had done my bit of counseling in this case.
I had seen a Deoband Mufti, young one, was called to his home for the same.
For quite some time he has given up, visibly, those fancy Salafi proclivities.
And this time he was sobbing.
May be he has done one of these courses where they teach you Qur'anic Arabic meaning.
+1 -0Winner x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#636 [Permalink] Posted on 7th June 2018 07:30
Haji Rafiq Sahab of Dadri

He is a Khalifa of Hazrat Iftikharul Hasan Sahab Kandhalwi. I have been seeing him leading the Eid prayers in our local Eidgah since my childhood.

In Eid-ul-Fitr prayers his cries have always been "Allah ka woh mehmaan, Ramadan, chala gaya". He says it with so much of agony that I have always been at a loss to understand how badly we are disconnected from Deen. For us Ramadan is a tough trial. He always cried over its departure. People like me would heave a sigh of relief at the departure of Ramadan. Haji Sahab always told us the opposite.

This is the fragrance and light and guidance spread around us by Deoband.
+2 -0Like x 2
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#637 [Permalink] Posted on 21st June 2018 07:53
मोबश्शिर एहसान अल अज़ीज़ी

(This young scholar from Azamgarh keeps me amazed. Google Translation follows.)

सोशल मीडिया पर इस्लामिक तारीख़ के हवाले से कई राफ़ज़ी सहाफी है जो तारीख़ को मस्ख करके पेश करते है और मसला ये है कि आम नौजवान तबका इस हवाले से मालूमात नही रखता और वह उन झूठे वाक़्यात को कबूल कर लेता है और अगर कोई तारीख़ में दिलचस्पी रखने वाला शख़्स जो इस्लामी तारीख़ से थोड़ी वाकफियत रखता है अगर उसपर कोई सवाल कर देता है तो वो हवाले के तौर पर तारीख़-ए-तबरी वग़ैरह को पेश कर देता है और ये लोग भी अल्लामा जरीर तबरी का नाम सुन कर खामोश हो जाते है
अभी कुछ रोज़ पहले हमारे एक सहाफी(Journalist) जिनका तअल्लुक राफ्ज़ियत से है ने एक पोस्ट लिखी और उसमें सहाबा-ए-किराम रिज़वानुल्लाह अज्मइन पर कनाये का सहारा लेते हुये नक़्द की और जब मैंने उन वाक़्यात को झूठा करार दिया तो फौरन अल्लामा स्युति व तबरी वगैरह का हवाला देने लगे लेकिन जब मैंने ये तस्लीम किया कि मैं भी मानता हूँ कि ये वाक़या मौजूद है लेकिन उस वाक़ये को बयान करने वाला रावी कौन है उसके बारे मोहक़्क़ीकीन की क्या राय है,क्या जो रिवायत बयान की गई है उसकी सनद व सेहत क्या है वगैर वगैर तो हज़रत साहब दुबारा नज़र नही आये
मसला यही है कि तारीख की किताबो में बहुत कुछ भरा पड़ा है लेकिन क्या वो सब सच है ऐसा मुमकिन नही बल्कि मौलाना अबुल आला मौदूदी(रह.) के हवाले से एक बात कही जाती है कि अगर तारीख को जाँचने का वही उसूल अपनाया जाए जो हदीस में अपनाया गया तो 90% तारीख़ ज़ाया यानी कि खत्म हो जाएगी,कहने का मतलब ये है कि तारीख़ को लिखने का बुनियादी दो तरीका है एक ये की अगर किसी वाक़ये की कोई रिवायत उस मोअर्रिख(Historian) को मिले तो वह उसको वैसे ही अपनी किताब में शामिल कर ले और दूसरा तरीका ये है कि वो उस रिवायत की जांच पड़ताल करे और फिर उसके बाद उसको शामिल करे लेकिन मसला तब आता है कि जब एक ही किताब में मोअर्रिख ने दोनों एप्रोच अपनाई हो और दिक्कत ये है कि शुरू की जितनी भी किताबे है उनमें यही एप्रोच है यानी कि जैसा सुना वैसा ही लिख दिया और कुछ वाक़्यात में तहक़ीक़-ओ-नक़्द करने के बाद शामिल किया,अब बाद के जो मोहक़्क़ीक़(Researches) है वो तहक़ीक़ करते है और उसमें सब से पहले ये देखा जाता है कि रिवायत कहा से ली गयी फिर उसके बाद रावी कौन है और रावी कैसा है यानी कि कही झूठा तो नही अगर झूठा है और अपनी तरफ से गढ़ कर कोई वाक्य बयान किया है तो उस रिवायत को गलत साबित करना ये मोहक़्क़ीक़ का काम है
आमतौर पर तबरी को हवाले के तौर पर बहुत पेश किया जाता है और तबरी में यही एप्रोच अपनाई गई है यानी कि कुछ रिवायत तहक़ीक़ करने के बाद शामिल की और कुछ जैसा सुना वैसे ही तारीख़-ए-तबरी में शामिल कर दिया
तारीख़-ए-तबरी में मरकज़ी तौर से 12 रावी है जिनमे से 7 रावी झूठे और कज़्ज़ाब है और इनसे 1999 रिवायत तबरी में शामिल है और उन रावियो का नाम ये (1) मुहम्मद बिन साएब कल्बी:-इस से 12 रिवायत शामिल है(2)हेशाम बिन कल्बी-:55 रिवायत(3)मुहम्मद बिन उमर-:440 रिवायत(4)सैफ बिन उमर तमिमी-:700रिवायत(5)अबु मेहनफ लूत बिन याह्या-:रिवायत(6)हेशम बिन अदि-:16रिवायत(7)मुहम्मद बिन इसहाक़ की 164 रिवायात तारीख़-ए-तबरी में शामिल है और मोहक़्क़ीकीन की तहक़ीक़ है कि ये सभी कज़्ज़ाब है और सभी राफ़ज़ी है जो अपने मज़हब को सही साबित करने के लिये झूठे वाक़्यात गढ़ते थे ,इसके अलावा पाँच ऐसे रावी है जो कि सेकह रावी है यानी कि सच्चे उनमे से (1)ज़ुबैर बिन बक्कार से 8 रिवायत है(2)मुहम्मद बिन साद से 164 रिवायत शामिल है (3)मूसा बिन उक़बा से 7 रिवायत(4)ख़लीफ़ा बिन ख्यात से 1 और (5)वहब बिन मोनबाह से 46 रिवायतें शामिल है तबरी में और इनकी मजमुई तादाद है 209
अब आप इससे अंदाज़ लगाये की तारीख़-ए-तबरी जैसी क़दीम और मुस्तनद(authentic)समझे जाने वाली किताब का ये हाल है तो बाकी का क्या होगा इसलिए जब भी कोई रिफ्रेंस में तारीख़ की किसी भी किताब का हवाला दे ख़ासतौर से ऐसे वाक़्यात में जिसके बयान से किसी सहाबी पर तंज़ या सवाल खड़े हो तो फिर आप इस एप्ररोच को अपनाये जो मैंने अपनाया
इंशा अल्लाह आइंदा भी तारीख़-ए-तबरी व दूसरी तारीख़ की मुस्तनद समझी जाने वाली किताबो पर बात करेंगे

Google Translation

3425/5000
mobashshir ehasaan al azeezee
11 hrs ·

soshal meediya par islaamik taareekh ke havaale se kaee raafazee sahaaphee hai jo taareekh ko maskh karake pesh karate hai aur masala ye hai ki aam naujavaan tabaka is havaale se maaloomaat nahee rakhata aur vah un jhoothe vaaqyaat ko kabool kar leta hai aur agar koee taareekh mein dilachaspee rakhane vaala shakhs jo islaamee taareekh se thodee vaakaphiyat rakhata hai agar usapar koee savaal kar deta hai to vo havaale ke taur par taareekh-e-tabaree vagairah ko pesh kar deta hai aur ye log bhee allaama jareer tabaree ka naam sun kar khaamosh ho jaate hai
abhee kuchh roz pahale hamaare ek sahaaphee(journalist) jinaka taalluk raaphziyat se hai ne ek post likhee aur usamen sahaaba-e-kiraam rizavaanullaah ajmin par kanaaye ka sahaara lete huye naqd kee aur jab mainne un vaaqyaat ko jhootha karaar diya to phauran allaama syuti va tabaree vagairah ka havaala dene lage lekin jab mainne ye tasleem kiya ki main bhee maanata hoon ki ye vaaqaya maujood hai lekin us vaaqaye ko bayaan karane vaala raavee kaun hai usake baare mohaqqeekeen kee kya raay hai,kya jo rivaayat bayaan kee gaee hai usakee sanad va sehat kya hai vagair vagair to hazarat saahab dubaara nazar nahee aaye
masala yahee hai ki taareekh kee kitaabo mein bahut kuchh bhara pada hai lekin kya vo sab sach hai aisa mumakin nahee balki maulaana abul aala maudoodee(rah.) ke havaale se ek baat kahee jaatee hai ki agar taareekh ko jaanchane ka vahee usool apanaaya jae jo hadees mein apanaaya gaya to 90% taareekh zaaya yaanee ki khatm ho jaegee,kahane ka matalab ye hai ki taareekh ko likhane ka buniyaadee do tareeka hai ek ye kee agar kisee vaaqaye kee koee rivaayat us moarrikh(historian) ko mile to vah usako vaise hee apanee kitaab mein shaamil kar le aur doosara tareeka ye hai ki vo us rivaayat kee jaanch padataal kare aur phir usake baad usako shaamil kare lekin masala tab aata hai ki jab ek hee kitaab mein moarrikh ne donon eproch apanaee ho aur dikkat ye hai ki shuroo kee jitanee bhee kitaabe hai unamen yahee eproch hai yaanee ki jaisa suna vaisa hee likh diya aur kuchh vaaqyaat mein tahaqeeq-o-naqd karane ke baad shaamil kiya,ab baad ke jo mohaqqeeq(raisaiarchhais) hai vo tahaqeeq karate hai aur usamen sab se pahale ye dekha jaata hai ki rivaayat kaha se lee gayee phir usake baad raavee kaun hai aur raavee kaisa hai yaanee ki kahee jhootha to nahee agar jhootha hai aur apanee taraph se gadh kar koee vaaky bayaan kiya hai to us rivaayat ko galat saabit karana ye mohaqqeeq ka kaam hai
aamataur par tabaree ko havaale ke taur par bahut pesh kiya jaata hai aur tabaree mein yahee eproch apanaee gaee hai yaanee ki kuchh rivaayat tahaqeeq karane ke baad shaamil kee aur kuchh jaisa suna vaise hee taareekh-e-tabaree mein shaamil kar diya
taareekh-e-tabaree mein marakazee taur se 12 raavee hai jiname se 7 raavee jhoothe aur kazzaab hai aur inase 1999 rivaayat tabaree mein shaamil hai aur un raaviyo ka naam ye (1) muhammad bin saeb kalbee:-is se 12 rivaayat shaamil hai(2)heshaam bin kalbee-:55 rivaayat(3)muhammad bin umar-:440 rivaayat(4)saiph bin umar tamimee-:700rivaayat(5)abu mehanaph loot bin yaahya-:rivaayat(6)hesham bin adi-:16rivaayat(7)muhammad bin isahaaq kee 164 rivaayaat taareekh-e-tabaree mein shaamil hai aur mohaqqeekeen kee tahaqeeq hai ki ye sabhee kazzaab hai aur sabhee raafazee hai jo apane mazahab ko sahee saabit karane ke liye jhoothe vaaqyaat gadhate the ,isake alaava paanch aise raavee hai jo ki sekah raavee hai yaanee ki sachche uname se (1)zubair bin bakkaar se 8 rivaayat hai(2)muhammad bin saad se 164 rivaayat shaamil hai (3)moosa bin uqaba se 7 rivaayat(4)khaleefa bin khyaat se 1 aur (5)vahab bin monabaah se 46 rivaayaten shaamil hai tabaree mein aur inakee majamuee taadaad hai 209
ab aap isase andaaz lagaaye kee taareekh-e-tabaree jaisee qadeem aur mustanad(authaintich)samajhe jaane vaalee kitaab ka ye haal hai to baakee ka kya hoga isalie jab bhee koee riphrens mein taareekh kee kisee bhee kitaab ka havaala de khaasataur se aise vaaqyaat mein jisake bayaan se kisee sahaabee par tanz ya savaal khade ho to phir aap is epraroch ko apanaaye jo mainne apanaaya
insha allaah aainda bhee taareekh-e-tabaree va doosaree taareekh kee mustanad samajhee jaane vaalee kitaabo par baat karenge
Mobishir Ehsan al Azizi
11 hrs

On the social media, there are many Rafaji Sahafi, who are present on the date of the Islamic date, and the issue is that the common men do not accept this statement from the person, and he confesses those false sentences and if interested in any date If a person who keeps a brief comment from the Islamic date gives a question on it, then he will present the date-e-tabri, as a reference, and these people are also Allama ja Reer listening to Tabri's name becomes silent
Just a few days ago, one of our journalists, who has been given a book by Rafjit, wrote a post and in it Sahba-e-Kiram Rizwanullah adhered to Kanjaya on the basis of the loan, and when I termed the sentence as false, then Allama Sutti and Tabri began to refer to et al. But when I did this tasim I also believe that this sentence is present but who is the one who is telling the sentence, it is fascinating about him. What is the opinion of Qikin, whether the sanctioned statement of what is the sanad and the health of it, and so on, if not, then Hazrat Sahib did not notice again.
The issue is that the book has filled a lot in the book, but it is not possible to say that all is true, but one thing is said by Maulana Abul al Mauddudi (Raha.) That if the same principle of checking the date is adopted If it was adopted in the hadith, it would mean that 90% of the time would end, that means that there is a basic way of writing the date. One of these is that if a rayayat of any sentence meets the historian, then he In the same way, join us in your book, and the other way is to investigate that revival and then add it after that. But the issue comes when the Moorekh has adopted both approaches in one book and the problem is All the books that were started have such an approach, that is what they heard and written in some sentences after adding a check-in-cash, now the next researches are the same. It is seen before all that it is taken from Riyyat and then who is Ravi and then what is Ravi like that, if there is any falsehood, if it is false and has made a statement by defending on your side, then It is the charm of proving Revayt
Usually Tabri is presented as a lot of handover and this approach has been adopted in Tabri, which means that after adding some Rivayat after making a complaint and adding something like that, it is included in the date-a-tabri
The date-a-tabri has 12 consecutive races, out of which 7 are false and Kajab, and these are included in the 1999 Rivayat Tabri and the names of those names are (1) Muhammad bin Saeb Kelbi: - Includes 12 Rewat 2) Hisham Bin Kalki - 55 Rewait (3) Muhammad bin Umar- 440 Raiyit (4) Saif bin Umar Tamimi- 700 Riyat (5) Abu Mahfat Lot bin Yahya- Rivayat (6) Hesham bin Adi-: 16 Rivayat ( 7) Muhammad bin Ishaq's 164 revelation is included in the date-e-Tabri and of Mohkquin It is true that all of these are Qazabs and all the raffies that used to fabricate a false sentence to prove their religion, besides five, such is the one which is the truth, that is, from those who are truthful (1) (2) Includes 164 revolutions from Muhammad bin Sadah (3) 7 Riyyat (4) from Caliph Bin Khakta (1) and (5) Wahab bin Monbah 46 References from Musa bin Uqba is included in Tabri and their number is 209
Now, you have to admit that this is the story of the date-a-tabri-like book and the realization of the authentic, then what will happen to others, so whenever any reference to any book of the date referring specifically to such a sentence If you are tarnished or questioned on any of your statements, then you adopted this approach which I adopted.
Insha Allah Aynda will also talk on the books written by the date-e-Tabri and the second date.
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#638 [Permalink] Posted on 21st June 2018 15:42
As
Maripat wrote:
View original post

As-salam-alaykum:

Prof. Sahab, this reminds me of a short clip by Hazrat Maulana Tariq Jameel Sahab about his early days as a scholar. He would read the tarikh of Tabari and others and would ask his teacher how such things could be attributed to the Sahaba. His esteemed teacher (I think it was Hazrat Maulana Jamshed Sahab) answered, "The touchstone of the character of the Sahaba is Quran and Sunnah, not tarikh Tabari."
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#639 [Permalink] Posted on 21st August 2018 08:44
Feminism and Professor

I have a professor friend.

He has an incredibly beautiful wife.

She has got premier education.

They have exquisite children.

No she does not do a job.

She brought lots of things in dowry.

No he did not demand anything. In fact he was marginally rude when he got to know about the marriage planning at his in-laws place and the things that were being purchased.

Their children are on the borderline where they might move out of the home - demands of education.

Then they will be on their jobs.

May be at that time this Muslim enslaving his woman as house wife will allow her to be free and live her own life and do a job.

No way. I has already confided to me the post retirement plan.

He will teach science, Maths, Physics in schools and she the social sciences.

No liberation for the poor woman.

This man is just not emancipated.

(I wrote it for the Facebook but out of cowardice I did not post it.)
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#640 [Permalink] Posted on 21st August 2018 13:20
Maripat wrote:
View original post

I don't get it. What is the message, that she is enslaved?
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#641 [Permalink] Posted on 21st August 2018 14:32
Maripat wrote:
View original post

Asalam o Alaikum, You have mentioned somewhere that you have successfully devised a plan for solving the problems of Indian Muslims. So far, I haven't been able to find the solution in your posts. Would you please like to share your solution here?
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#642 [Permalink] Posted on 8th September 2018 06:30

Ahqar1462 wrote:
View original post

Sorry for the late reply - somehow I missed these replies.

In Islam the responsibility for financial welfare of the family falls upon man.

Islam is not the dominant mode of life style today - even amongst Muslims.

The dominant life style is the western liberal democratic life style - if I may call it so.

Dr Israr Ahmed gave a very detailed speech about it.

In view of this environment today it has become extremely difficult to defend the Muslim way of life.

In above post I gave an example of a friend who is absolutely modern educated and so is his wife but he unapologetically adopts a Muslim way of life.

He can not be accused of being outdated and outmoded and parochial and unenlightened. Yet he cares to hoot about adopting the western way completely.

I hope this clarifies the issue.

+1 -0
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#643 [Permalink] Posted on 8th September 2018 07:03

sipraomer wrote:
View original post

Now I can be little more specific and precise about this issue.

I think I have figured out what people like me can do about the problems that Muslim Ummah faces today in the world and perhaps in India.

This does not amount to a specific and complete and sure shot solution to the problems of the Ummah.

But it may be a significant step in the right direction.

And I mean the academic route to the problems of the Ummah.

We academicians of Ummah should take up at least the responsibility for this route.

If you remember a few years ago around 145 international Muslim academicians wrote to the Pope about co-operation and mutual understanding between the Christians and Muslims.

Rather than doing that these academicians and intellectuals should have written 145 books upon how at international level the Christian world still academically and intellectually colonizes the Muslim world and that this colonization must be lifted and the Muslim world must be liberated from this so called post-colonial order that in reality is residual colonialism and intellectual and psychological and social colonialism at a practical level.

Muslim intellectuals have to make this concerted effort.

They have to write books on social encroachment upon Muslim social space by the west.

The same has to be done about the encroachment upon other spaces of the Muslim world - cultural, economic, theological, business, economy, finance, industry, military and politics.

Muslim academicians are not gathering the requisite courage to go about this task. They fear the west will go after them the way the west deals with the militants.

Clearly I am not hinting at any physical struggle in this context. I am talking about just defining the problem of the Ummah with the west. And perhaps in India.

What I am saying is that there is the militant narrative - I suppose there must be otherwise why they will hit to field.

Then there is the western narrative.

In this paradigm where is the Muslim narrative?

Where is the Muslim paradigm? What is the Muslim paradigm? Who has coined it? Who should coin it? Why is the west not concerned about it? Why do they assume that Muslims must fall in line with the so called modern western liberal, democratic paradigm? why can they not have their own paradigm? Why must they fit into the western mold? Or, the worse, why should they be slapped with the charge of being militants?

In a sense the main task is to develop a narrative that is Muslim and Islamic and that scrupulously avoids the trap of militancy-narrative.

My proposal in this regard in there in my Signature : Muslim Ummah aspires to attain a rightful and honored place among the civilizations of the world and make our proportionate contribution towards international peace, progress and happiness of humanity.

Please understand that the moment you talk about Muslim World, Muslim Ummah and the like it triggers the worst fears of the the western psyche. They do not think of the western crusades against the Muslim world and the most horrible atrocities there-in but they fear for themselves what they came to deliver to Muslims during the crusades. Never underestimate the fears of the present dominant powers.

The trick is to bring your concerns, your interests and your aims and objectives to the fore without alarming the worst fears of the powers that be - that is the west.

How smartly, how deftly, how cleverly we can do it will decide the shape of the events to come.

The paradigm for India has to be tailored differently because in India we do not have the same psychology and disposition of the powers that be. Their dominant mode of thinking is not liberal democratic and of fascist and Islamophobic. Our narrative, therefore, has to be designed differently for India.

this is the current status of my thinking in which you are most welcome to join.
+1 -0Winner x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#644 [Permalink] Posted on 8th September 2018 07:47
Maripat wrote:
View original post

Jazak Allah for your kind and detailed reply. Although, I may have to re read it several times for fully comprehending your point of view.

Anyway, I want to share my understanding of what you have just written and then if you have enough time then you can correct me or further enlighten me.

Quote:
Rather than doing that these academicians and intellectuals should have written 145 books upon how at international level the Christian world still academically and intellectually colonizes the Muslim world and that this colonization must be lifted and the Muslim world must be liberated from this so called post-colonial order that in reality is residual colonialism and intellectual and psychological and social colonialism at a practical level.

Do you mean to say that Muslim intellectuals should extensively write about Modern Islamic Social Sciences? That what is the modern Islamic alternative to Western way of life and thought?

That there should be another Imam Ghazali Rh and Ibn Khaldun who could give modern, polished and up to date reasoning to the Western mind about the Islamic way of life.

That the Islamic model should be intellectually presented in a manner that the militancy element or jihadi element is not discussed so that the west stops fearing from Islam?

Do you mean to say that? Please feel free to correct me or further enlighten me in regards to my understanding of your reply. However, I understand your busy schedule and am already thankful for your current reply, even if it will take me some time to digest and understand it properly. Jazak Allah for your effort and May Allah help and bless you and your family and make you succeed in your sacred mission.

+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#645 [Permalink] Posted on 8th September 2018 09:41
Quote:
Do you mean to say that Muslim intellectuals should extensively write about Modern Islamic Social Sciences? That what is the modern Islamic alternative to Western way of life and thought?

No. We do not have to write extensively. My suggestion is that a fairly large number of academicians should write so that the west gets the message that whole of the Muslim world shares the opinion that is being articulated.

I do not want the focus upon the details of our alternative view about life but on the fact that we have a different way of life that does not necessarily coincide with the modern so called progressive way of life in the west.

My view is not about the technical differences of our sociology from theirs but the fact that we are different.

More than that I want our academicians to emphasize that the west continues to encroach upon our way of life in every sector.

Quote:
That there should be another Imam Ghazali Rh and Ibn Khaldun who could give modern, polished and up to date reasoning to the Western mind about the Islamic way of life.

Again no.

We do not have the capabilities and abilities of Imam Ghazali RA and nor of Ibn Khaldoon. But we do not need that. Luckily. So it is not about academic brilliance or academic depth. It is about expressing the difference of opinion and it is about complaining and protesting and showing displeasure over encroachment over our life space.

This view has to be expressed to the west and this has to be made known to our own rulers - democratic or otherwise.

It does not require academic excellence but it does require conviction and it does require commitment and it does require little bit of courage.

Quote:
That the Islamic model should be intellectually presented in a manner that the militancy element or jihadi element is not discussed so that the west stops fearing from Islam?

Actually I am not so much worried about western fears but the fear in the hearts of our own academicians.
The moment I start along these lines the academicians around me simply switch off their brains and wait for me to finish and/or change the topic. They fear that I am asking them to take on the west like a fighter - you know the word that we must not use. This certainly is not my intention nor the suggestion nor the plan. My point is simply to complain, crib, whine and in fact to fume and fulminate.

But my immediate colleagues do not have courage to do even that. In fact they do not have the courage to even listen to the details. they are already so fearful of the west and in fact the local liberal, democrats and modernists taking them for some sort of activists of a kind that they can not defend themselves for.

Over to you.
No post ratings

Jump to page: