Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open

Intentions for 2014 - Whats Your Mission In Life ?

You have contributed 0.0% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
Taalibah, AishaZaynap, abu mohammed
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#1 [Permalink] Posted on 31st December 2013 20:43
السلام عليكم

For some of us the new year 2014 has already started and for some of us it will start in a few hours Insh'Ala

What are your new year resolutions if any ? What are your intentions for 2014 ? Lets take the good out of this and use it to set goals and targets in our life. Another year gone, did we improve ? Did we have any goals from the previous year we managed to achieve ? Or are we just going through the phases of life ?

A relevant clip to the topic by Sheikh Zahir Mahmood

What's your mission in life ??

Youtube Video

report post quote code quick quote reply
+1 -0Winner x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#2 [Permalink] Posted on 31st December 2013 21:03
السلام عليكم
Hope you don't mind brother I added the YouTube code to your YouTube link. For next time you want to add an url, please go into edit on your post to see how it was added. Hope it's ok جزاك الله خيرا
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#3 [Permalink] Posted on 31st December 2013 21:09
Taalibah wrote:
View original post

والسلام

Not at all.

I can see that it's been embedded but I can't see any play button ?

Jazakumulah Kher
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#4 [Permalink] Posted on 31st December 2013 21:14
Jinn wrote:
View original post

Sorry, just updated link, should be fine now جزاك الله خيرا
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#5 [Permalink] Posted on 31st December 2013 21:32
So what's everyone's resolutions then ?
Lets look at resolutions as short term targets. Where as the mission is the ultimate objective, so the small targets should supplement and help one reach its ultimate objective Insh'Ala

I'll go first, hopefully others will join in too Insh'Ala

Mission : ( Ultimate Goal)

To die as a Muslim and to achieve Jannah and for Allah and his Rasool (saw) to be happy with me Insh'Ala

Resolutions/Targets :
- made niyyah to go Hajj
- learn Arabic ( classical )
- finish the Quran at least twice a year
- read a tafseer
-quit smoking
-serve Deen in some way or another
-pay attention to the tounge and work on becoming a better Muslim by following the Prophet (saw) and his Sahaba رضي الله عنه in everything
- not to waste life away
-etc

I've made intention Insh'Ala, may He accept, what about you ?

This is not a brag thread but a call to 'good' thread.
+2 -0Winner x 2
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#6 [Permalink] Posted on 31st December 2013 21:36
Masha'Allah, nice exercise and link brother!

I think part of the reluctance may be that it is being tied to new years. How about we sever that link and talk about resolutions in general, not tied to new years or anything to be done in that sense between the time-frame of Jan.01.14 to Dec.31.14.

I don't mind sharing some as well insha'Allah. Will do so in a bit insha'Allah.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#7 [Permalink] Posted on 31st December 2013 21:39
Brilliant resolutions! May Allah Ta'aala accept them and grant you success in all good efforts. Ameen.
+0 -0Ameen x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#8 [Permalink] Posted on 31st December 2013 21:42
Acacia wrote:
View original post

Sister it's just an excuse to get people talking, as since its almost New Years, the talk about resolutions will be buzzing everywhere from online to offline, but the sad thing is how many people stick to their resolutions ? Truth is not many, what's the reason behind it, lack of motivation, belief, relevant plan etc.

One who lives for nothing, dies for nothing.

Feel free to avoid it ( setting time limits/new years date etc) if you wish and the same goes to others, but please do share. We as Muslims should be motivating each other to do good.

It's all in the intention.
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#9 [Permalink] Posted on 31st December 2013 21:47
Only do those things that bring the pleasure of Allah سبحانه وتعالى

Avoid things that waste time and bring no benefit

Refrain from being in the company of those that do not remind me of Allah سبحانه وتعالى

Be a better wife, mother, sister, neighbor etc

Pray more Qur'an

Improve my concentration, especially when learning.

Look after my health

Focus and turn my attention more towards Allah, and increase Duas and turn only to Him for all my needs

Excerpt effort only to have positive people around me, and not those who drain my resources....

Ok I think I better stop because now I've started feels like I can write a book. Anyway Aameen to everything I've asked for الحمد لله

+0 -0Ameen x 3
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#10 [Permalink] Posted on 31st December 2013 21:50
Fair enough explanation brother, insha'Allah it will help anyone who may have doubts.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#11 [Permalink] Posted on 31st December 2013 22:06
(bism1)

Insha'Allah: some personal resolutions (long-term and short-term mixed, not in any particular order):

• get into a regular, steady, consistent routine of dhikr;
  • resume classes in classical Islamic learning;
  • continue to give dawah to family and friends, and always seek new ways to reach them insha'Allah;
  • resume Arabic classes;
  • memorize more ayahs;
  • learn more sunnahs and implement them;
  • continue to work on my diseased heart and spiritual purification;
  • continue to try to help out in whatever capacity I am able to;
  • insha'Allah: would love to be able to also go on hajj and umrah one day, and take part in jamaat efforts;
  • increase astaghfaar and shukr;
  • recognize and appreciate comfort but not allow myself to settle into it - disrupt it by reaching out and grabbing the next situation that calls out to the ummah for help (within parameters of shariah and within parameters of what Allah Ta'aala has blessed me with);
  • seek forgiveness from those I know I have hurt;
  • make du'aa more and more a part of every minute part of the day;
  • work on checking my intentions;
  • etc. etc. etc.

May Allah Ta'aala accept our good efforts, grant us our good desires and ambitions, forgive us our sins, and grant us a death on imaan. Ameen.
+2 -0Ameen x 1Winner x 2
Rank Image
London
Brother
#12 [Permalink] Posted on 31st December 2013 22:10
I don't know, but I'm not for such a topic, it's not Islamic at all.

These resolutions should be the goal of our life, from cradle to grave.

99% of resolutions get thrown out of the window within a week.

The rest is up to you guys.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#13 [Permalink] Posted on 31st December 2013 22:13
Thought I would share this here:

The New Year
By Shaykh Mawlānā Muhammad Saleem Dhorat hafizahullāh

Having just completed the year 2013, the 'New Year' is seen and heard all around us. However, the question remains as to what should be a Muslim's take on these events.

Upon the passing of a year, the common trend is to celebrate; people have birthday parties, wedding anniversaries etc. However, in certain spheres this is not the case; take the example of a businessman who at the end of the (financial) year will first take stock of the past year. He will meticulously go through the accounts of the past year taking into account every single penny. He will check to see if he made a profit, and if so then how can he make more in the coming year. He will check his expenses: where did he spend his money? Can he make further savings? All of this is done so that he can make the coming year more profitable than the one that has passed.

This should be the case at the end of the year in every Muslim's life for we too have been sent to this world as businessmen with the commodity of time; which is life. We will have to one day give account for every second in the Court of Allāh ta'ālā, when our books of deeds shall be presented.

We will bring forth a book for him that he will find wide open, (and We will say to him) 'Read your book. Enough are you today to take your own account.' (17:13-14)

'Umar radhiyallāhu 'anhu, emphasising the same, says:

'Take stock of your own lives before Allāh ta'ālā reckons you. And assess yourself before you are assessed by Allāh. And prepare yourselves for the great summoning.'

It is our belief that on the Day of Judgement Allāh ta'ālā will reckon us for everything that we did in the world.

On the day when everybody shall find present before him whatever good he did and whatever evil he did, he will wish there would have been a wide space between him and that (day). (3:30)

No matter how minute or trivial an act we did, we will find that it is present in our book of deeds.

So, whoever does any good act (even) to the weight of a particle will see it. And whoever does evil (even) to the weight of a particle will see it. (99:7-8)

This will be to the extent that in awe people will say:

'Woe to us! What a book is this! It has missed nothing, minor or major, but has taken it into account.' Thus they will find whatever they did present before them, and your Lord will not wrong anyone. (18:49)

We need to keep this reality in mind and spend our lives with regular reflection on our actions with Murāqabah and Muḥasabah. Murāqabah means to supervise and oversee oneself to ensure that he/she stays away from disobediences of Allāh ta'ālā and spends every moment seeking the Pleasure of Allāh ta'ālā. Muḥasabah means taking account of one's activities at the end of the day, week and year; and thanking Allāh ta'ālā for the ability to have performed any good actions and seeking forgiveness for any sins one may have committed. Insha'allāh, if this is adhered to, then we will see a great change in our lives. We will find ourselves spending every second of our lives with great care.

The end of a year is a time to reflect and say to yourself, 'Another year from my precious life has passed. Who knows how many more years, if any, I have remaining?' Let us spend them in those avenues that bring the pleasure of Allāh ta'ālā and stay away from those things that bring His displeasure, so that we can meet Allāh ta'ālā in a state that He is pleased with us.
+1 -0Winner x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#14 [Permalink] Posted on 31st December 2013 22:13
abu mohammed wrote:
View original post

How is it not islamic at all ?

We're you born practicing ? I'm sorry many of us weren't and we've had to set small goals/targets along the way.

Do read the thread and watch the link in the op, hopefully then it shall make more sense.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#15 [Permalink] Posted on 31st December 2013 22:17
Astaghfirullah, insha'Allah we don't do such a thing as throwing out 99% of our life's resolutions out window!

I disagree. Resolutions being intentions, they most certainly are a part of Islam.

Now, whether posting them like this to encourage others is right or wrong... I don't know. Can't comment on that. If we've erred in any way, may Allah Ta'aala forgive us. Ameen.

I've had people ask me what they should do, how they should make niyyah, what they should feel etc. etc. so in that sense, I see this exercise as helpful to those who may not know enough.
No post ratings