Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open

/random

Jump to page:

You have contributed 1.5% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
abu mohammed, Desi tadka, Taalibah, Naqshband66, Acacia, member2, Black Turban, Sulaiman84
6 guests appreciate this topic.
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#796 [Permalink] Posted on 5th January 2014 21:12
Please abide by forum rules:

The following subjects can only be posted if they are works of Ulamaa. No personal input is permitted regarding the following subjects due to their nature and the incapability of Muslims to remain calm about the issues within these subject.
a) Tableegh
b) Tasawwuf
report post quote code quick quote reply
+3 -0Like x 2Agree x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#797 [Permalink] Posted on 5th January 2014 21:14
+2 -0Like x 2
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#798 [Permalink] Posted on 5th January 2014 21:33
Taalibah wrote:
View original post

Sorry, just read rules. Please forgive me authorizers, should I edit my posts? I thought they would be alright since they weren't conducive to an argument imo and maybe some brothers would find them interesting.

If you want something really random......I once sat in a gathering watching a khalifah of Hazrat Shaykh rahimahullah play Pokemon on a Gameboy Advance.
+5 -0Like x 4Winner x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#799 [Permalink] Posted on 5th January 2014 21:37
kanzoorbhai wrote:
View original post

Lolll- he must have been in kaifiyat
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#800 [Permalink] Posted on 5th January 2014 21:39
kanzoorbhai wrote:
View original post

No it's fine, no need to edit, just a reminder to stop the topic from progressing any further, and also to make all members aware of forum rules and policies.
+3 -0Like x 3
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#801 [Permalink] Posted on 5th January 2014 21:46
kanzoorbhai wrote:
View original post

Yes that is random, I was told of a similar situation where a mureed of a Shaykh in the process of impressing his Shaykh started discussing issues of the terrible impact of the mobile phones etc, until his own phone started ringing....indian Bollywood music!
+2 -0Like x 2
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#802 [Permalink] Posted on 5th January 2014 22:29
Jinn wrote:
View original post

Maulana was certainly enjoying it for those few moments. "What's this? A wild SHAYTAAN has appeared!"
No post ratings
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#803 [Permalink] Posted on 6th January 2014 00:26

Servant.Of.Allah wrote:
View original post

Only if you gave him width outside his off stump! Bowl in the corridor of uncertainty and sooner or later he lost his patience and slashed! No footwork and relied on hand/eye coordination and as soon that deserted him, game over!

Feet stuck in the Toilet as they say...No Sister Taalibah, this is technical description and not bad language :p

+3 -0Creative x 3Optimistic x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#804 [Permalink] Posted on 6th January 2014 02:48
kanzoorbhai wrote:
View original post

Funny one.

Col Sahib,
Sounds like you are an expert in take cricket too. Masha Allah.

No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#805 [Permalink] Posted on 6th January 2014 02:53
8 Jan till 11 Feb - Tahir Qadri India tour.

Please stay away and also keep your family and friends away. Unaware people might think he as a visiting scholar.
+2 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#806 [Permalink] Posted on 6th January 2014 17:09
I went through University and Post Graduation without ever exerting myself or even trying hard enough and still made it? How can this stuff be so easy?

I mean I don't even remember half of my time...

The West has got a system of making money and they pawn people into degrees and suck money out of them!
+0 -0Agree x 2
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#807 [Permalink] Posted on 6th January 2014 18:07
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

depends on your degree and what your marks were.....you definitely can't get good grades in a STEM major without exerting yourself unless you're exceptionally intelligent and talented.

agree about your comment. worse though is that they're sucking money out of them for years because of (interest-based) loans...
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#808 [Permalink] Posted on 6th January 2014 18:24
That is part of it however, it isn't that simple.

In countries with huge populations of people competing for jobs and university entrance, education takes on a whole different meaning. In such places, you'll find more technical training available at the high-school level because many will just enter the work force upon completion of highschool or can't get into a university due to grades or not having enough money to attend a private university. What I'm trying to say is that students are prepared early on for certain career paths and they receive dense training. Fewer students want to or can make it to university and post-graduate education.

Then there is the fact that Allah Ta'aala has blessed some with the ability to break the code of education, absorb and retain information effortlessly. I think we all have been blessed with more ability in one sphere or another but within the confines of a classroom, certain abilities are valued more than others.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#809 [Permalink] Posted on 6th January 2014 19:23
Education means nothing these days, gone are the days when you were guaranteed jobs.

To be honest it's about setting up a business or doing trades, I met a few Arab brothers and they emphasised on doing a trade and told me many ahadith about it and getting your younger ones into it. That's where the sustenance is.

Walahu'Alam
+2 -0Like x 2
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#810 [Permalink] Posted on 6th January 2014 23:38
Just to clarify regarding pm's all pm's between members need authorizing before being approved, until a member does not reach a certain amount of posts his pm's remain having to be approved by authorizers.

Other than this, brothers pm's to each other do not need authorizing, neither do sisters pm's to each other.

All pm's sent to opposite genders are all checked before being approved, even the pm's between authorizers.

Hope this helps in clearing any misconceptions.
+1 -0Like x 1

Jump to page: