Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open

/random

Jump to page:

You have contributed 1.5% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
abu mohammed, Desi tadka, Taalibah, Naqshband66, Acacia, member2, Black Turban, Sulaiman84
6 guests appreciate this topic.
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#2131 [Permalink] Posted on 11th May 2014 16:24
report post quote code quick quote reply
+7 -0Winner x 4
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#2132 [Permalink] Posted on 11th May 2014 16:44
Arslan. wrote:
View original post

Looks good, who runs this blog ?
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#2133 [Permalink] Posted on 11th May 2014 16:46
Jinn wrote:
View original post

Muntasir Zaman, a Mufti, and student of Mufti Ebrahim Desai. Excellent blog. May Allah reward him.

+2 -0Like x 1Winner x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#2134 [Permalink] Posted on 11th May 2014 16:48
Arslan. wrote:
View original post

Ameen

جزاك الله خيرا
+0 -0Ameen x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#2135 [Permalink] Posted on 11th May 2014 18:11
Jazakallahu khairan to those that responded to my question on making burgers. I never got round to making burgers, just used it in a curry. I was worried that it would become a juice if I had put the pieces in a blender. Anyway I probably need to invest in this:

+2 -0Like x 2
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#2136 [Permalink] Posted on 11th May 2014 18:46
Forward message ::

Quote:
🔷 Virtues of fasting generally🔷

🌑 Whoever fasts one day for the sake of Allaah, Allaah will keep his face seventy years' distance away from the Fire because of it." (Reported by Muslim, 2/808)

🌒 Fasting is something which is just for Allaah, and Allaah will give multiple rewards without measure for it. The hadeeth says: "[Allaah says:] Fasting is Mine and it is I Who give reward for it." (Al-Bukhaari, Fath, no. 1904)

- Virtues of fasting Monday and Thursday:

🌓 It was narrated from Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) that the Messenger of Allaah (sallAllaahu 'alayhi wa sallam) said: "Deeds are shown (to Allaah) on Mondays and Thursdays, and I like my deeds to be shown when I am fasting." [Narrated by al-Tirmidhi, 747; classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Targheeb, 1041.]

- Virtues of fasting ayyamul beedh (the white days):

🌔 Jareer ibn 'Abdullaah (radiAllaahu 'anhu) narrated that the Prophet (sallAllaahu 'alayhi wa sallam) said: "Fasting three days of each month is fasting for a lifetime, and ayyam al-beed are the thirteenth, fourteenth and fifteenth." (Narrated by al-Nasaa'i (2420); classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Targheeb, (1040)).

"Beed" is the plural of "Abyad" which means white. Three days of 13, 14 and 15 of lunar month are called "Al-Ayyam-ul-Beed" for the reason that their nights are bright because of the moonlight. The moon begins to diminish gradually after these days.

🌕 Abu Dharr (radiAllaahu 'anhu) said: The Messenger of Allaah (sallAllaahu 'alayhi wa sallam) said to me: "If you fast any part of the month, then fast the thirteenth, fourteenth and fifteenth." (Narrated by al-Tirmidhi, (761); al-Nasaa'i, (2424); classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Targheeb, (1038)).

🌖 Abu Hurayrah (radiAllaahu 'anhu) said: "My close friend [i.e., the Prophet (sallAllaahu 'alayhi wa sallam)] advised me to do three things which I will never give up until I die: fasting three days each month, praying Duha, and sleeping after praying Witr." (al-Bukhaari, 1178; Muslim, 721).

✅ Forward this message to others and get if t hey fast for the sake of Allah due to your reminder. Then insha'Allah out of Allah's mercy you will get the same reward, without any of their reward decreasing.
+2 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#2137 [Permalink] Posted on 12th May 2014 00:43
+4 -0Like x 3
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#2138 [Permalink] Posted on 12th May 2014 22:11
Just read the following update on 'boko haram' can the story get any worse? May the girls be reunited with their families quickly and safely. May Allah سبحانه وتعالى free the oppressed and may his wrath be upon the oppressors, especially those who falsify in the name of Islam...

www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/africaandindianocean/n...
+1 -0Winner x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#2139 [Permalink] Posted on 13th May 2014 14:18
Forward message for those looking for jobs :::

Quote:
Asalamualaikum wa rahmatulahi wa barakhatu my brothers hope everyone is good and well with Allah's mercy.

Ps; if any of you brothers looking for jobs please due apply at my work as there are jobs going.

savoyventures.com/recruitment.html
+3 -0Like x 3
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#2140 [Permalink] Posted on 13th May 2014 20:48
15 dead, hundreds trapped in Turkish coal mine

Turkey's disaster and emergency management agency has raised to 15 the number of people killed in an explosion and fire at a coal mine in western Turkey.

The accident on Tuesday in the coal mine in Soma, some 250 kilometres south of Istanbul has trapped up to 300 people.

The agency said some 20 people have been evacuated from the site so far, 11 of them with injuries.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#2141 [Permalink] Posted on 14th May 2014 18:43
Hajii Abdul Wahab saheb will be in London tomorrow then after that he's off to Ireland,

London markaz will be packed tomorrow night.

Just randomly posting it up here in case anyone is interested in meeting someone who has devoted his entire life to the service of Deen.

+2 -0Like x 2
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#2142 [Permalink] Posted on 14th May 2014 18:48
Forward message for anyone who is interested ::

Quote:
Assalamu-Alakum Wa Rahmatullah,

2 new courses coming up over at Cordoba Academy guys...

~Fiqh of Fasting w. Dr Aamir Sheikh
This course will be taught based on a great text of Hanafi Fiqh called Nurool Iddah. It will be a 6 week course leading up to Ramadan inshaAllah. Every Tuesday from 3:30pm--4:45pm EST.

~Mulla Ali Qari's Collection of Forty Hadith on The Virtues of The Qur'an
This course will be going over one of many beautiful collections of Forty Hadith. A course on the virtues of the Qur'an - perfect for Ramadan. Due to begin July 5th, four weeks long. Every Saturday 3am-5am EST.

Both courses are free...so definitely be sure to take advantage and encourage others to do the same.

Register on the Website:
cordobaacademy.com/cordobaaca...s/registration

Or

Send us an email:
cordobahelp@gmail.com

Not sure if emails are allowed on the forum, if necessary please edit above.

+1 -0
UK
Brother
#2143 [Permalink] Posted on 14th May 2014 20:28
Jinn wrote:
View original post

Organisation's emails are fine but should ideally be @theirdomain and not gmail/hotmail etc as they are usually personal. You have their site link so it's fine.
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#2144 [Permalink] Posted on 14th May 2014 22:02
Yasin wrote:
View original post

جزاك الله خيرا
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#2145 [Permalink] Posted on 14th May 2014 22:04
I don't know why but I don't seem to agree with those ijaza thing, students spend a year studying the book, and here their claiming to give it over a few hours of study. Maybe I'm missing something here ??

Quote:
Get Ijaza of Transmission of the WHOLE of Shama'il al Tirmidhi this Saturday with Two World Renown Hadith Scholar's:

This Saturday between 5:15pm-7pm there is a SPECIAL MAQRA'AH (Recital) of the whole of Shama'il al-Tirmidhi. This is absolutely FREE and students who listen to the whole text will receive Ijaza of transmission from Shaykh Mohammad Akram Nadwi himself and the great reader of hadith, Shaykh Mohammad Ziyaad Tukle of Riyadh. This is a RARE chance to get Ijaza from these Scholar's. In the past people would travel months to read and get Ijaza so make the time to attend this noble gathering of hadith in London this Saturday.

To register, email: alburujpress@gmail.com

What is a Maqra'ah?

A "Maqra'ah" refers to a reading of a text, usually a Hadīth source, in an intense fashion over a number of sittings on usually continuous days or as best possible by the participants. The recital is usually supervised by a scholar who has an ijāzah in that text and is aware of the subtle intricacies of the text and sanad and is able to ensure an authentic transmission during the reading.

The reading is of course incredibly fast, only carried out by the most proficient students or scholars, utilising various styles of qirā'ah, all faster than then well known Qur'ānic hadr speed - it needs to be of course if the expected speed of at least 1000 hadīth per day is to be achieved (with isnād).
This might confuse some people, what with the lack of time to fully reflect upon the wisdoms and secrets of the text, or the lack of time for an explanation of difficult and strange phrases/words. In reality, attendees have to appreciate that a Maqra'ah is not a lesson, or a commentary, or a study or anything else that will cover such queries as above, rather it is used by those attendees to perfect their recitation, to become familiar with the narrators, and most importantly to make "dhabt" or affirm for themselves the exact contents of a particular text or source.

The benefits of such a practice have been well known to the scholars of our nation for many generations yet due to the difficulties of our time and the modern day context, we have seen a drop in this art and beneficial sitting, alongside the other problems experienced such as the free-time of the supervising scholar, the lack of scholars with the correct credentials to lead, the lengths of the texts, the unsuitability of the students etc.

Clearly to revive such a noble practice, we need to remind ourselves what is required from those Tullāb'l-'Ilm who wish to partake as well as take a glimpse back to our Nubalā' who practised this from the major Imams of Islam.
For the student, an eloquent and free tongue for reciting is a must, alongside high energy and fitness levels to ensure drowsiness is held at bay. Naturally, before this for all participants, there needs to be a real keenness and desire to learn, immense patience, and of course the most important: a pure intention to progress for the sake of Allah 'azza wa jall and His Deen alone.
+1 -0

Jump to page: