Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open

/random

Jump to page:

You have contributed 1.5% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
abu mohammed, Desi tadka, Taalibah, Naqshband66, Acacia, member2, Black Turban, Sulaiman84
6 guests appreciate this topic.
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#511 [Permalink] Posted on 17th November 2013 05:04
Do we remember Siraj ud daulah? The Bengal Lion who fought against the Brtitish; after his decline the British East India company emerged in Calcutta.
Nowadays history books are tampered where we find filth elements as freedom fighters.

Winston Churchill might have known that Muslims cant rule India and he knew filth has started uprooting, read his golden words below : HOW TRUE
"Power will go to the hands of ras­cals, rogues, free­boot­ers; all Indian lead­ers will be of low cal­i­bre & men of straw. They will have sweet tongues and silly hearts. They will fight amongst them­selves for power and India will be lost in polit­i­cal squab­bles. A day would come when even air and water would be taxed in India."
report post quote code quick quote reply
+3 -0Like x 2
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#512 [Permalink] Posted on 17th November 2013 08:20
hmdsalahuddin wrote:
View original post

I was pretty fluent in Spanish once upon a time but didn't understand Brazilian Portuguese at all but could understand little bit of Portuguese Portuguese (whatever is the word)...
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#513 [Permalink] Posted on 17th November 2013 20:12

(bism1)

$$$$$$$$$$$$R-O-L-E-X$$$$$$$$$$$$

anyone? Or, could I interest you in...

Youtube Video

(This is my first youtube video so please let me know if I've done anything wrong of if it needs improvement or what have you. Kindly go easy on my though - it took forever to figure out. Requesting du'aas...)

+2 -0Like x 2
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#514 [Permalink] Posted on 17th November 2013 20:22
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#515 [Permalink] Posted on 17th November 2013 20:28
Alhamdulillah, jazakAllah khayran sister. The 'ROLEX' isn't actually the title of the video but rather an attention grabber. I checked amazon.ca for rolex prices and couldn't believe what I was seeing! That's not all, Shaykh Kamaluddin also mentions women's purses (I believe he was thinking of Louis Vuitton). Khayr, I posted it here in relation to all the posts about watches and other material 'refined' stuff we so appreciate.... is it okay here insha'Allah?
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#516 [Permalink] Posted on 17th November 2013 20:31
its fine, no problem ماشاء الله I realized once I saw the clip posted on the 'curtailing desires' thread.
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#517 [Permalink] Posted on 18th November 2013 13:07
This site is extremely slow today.
+3 -0Agree x 3
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#518 [Permalink] Posted on 19th November 2013 17:19
( just got this on whatsapp )

***ATTENTION! PLS SHARE***

BBC NEWSNIGHT SPECIAL
"A ROAD TRIP TO WAR"

BBC2 10.30PM TONIGHT!!!!

(TUESDAY 19TH NOVEMBER)

FOLLOW THE BRITISH MUSLIMS THAT RISK THEIR LIVES TO GET AID FROM THE UK TO SYRIA

Due to a further scheduling change within the BBC, the documentary about the Al Fatiha Global and Aid 4 Syria Team "UK to Syria Convoy" will now be initially airing TONIGHT on BBC NEWSNIGHT ON BBC 2 AT 10.30PM with further showings to be confirmed.

Please tune in to get a real insight into the work and effort that goes in to the #Aid4Syria and Al Fatiha Global Land convoys to help the people of Syria with footage of the team's journey to deliver aid deep in Aleppo and other Syrian cities.

#PLEASE #SHARE and let others know to raise awareness about this ongoing project. www.TeamSyria.com
+1 -0
Rank Image
London
Brother
#519 [Permalink] Posted on 19th November 2013 18:05
Of all people, I can't find one of my threads or posts about the second earth in which there is another me and you. I remember I posted it and members even replied.

I can't remember what it was called or where I posted it, I can't find it in the topics subscribed too (almost 500)

I remember members saying they wouldn't like to meet themselves etc etc...

Before fatwas go flying around, it was an article published in the Majlis.

I really wanna find it before the other me does :-(
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#520 [Permalink] Posted on 19th November 2013 18:16
abu mohammed wrote:
View original post

Interesting stuff akhi, please do find it. Would love to read it.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#521 [Permalink] Posted on 20th November 2013 00:31
Is there a limit to how many ratings we can give out per day? Alhamdulillah, it seems we are unlimited in ratings charity work - much like a smile or a small kindness.

So, is it wrong to acknowledge reading something that makes sense and/or is appropriate, beneficial, good? Or to let the person know you've said 'ameen'? Or, to resort to the the lesser used but occasionally necessary 'dislike'... Well, I realize it wouldn't be available if it was problematic.

Well, I wonder how many members actually feel awkward or uncomfortable receiving ratings... especially when it is from the opposite gender? Poll anyone? Alhamdulillah, all polls seem to be anonymous here.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#522 [Permalink] Posted on 20th November 2013 00:54
I've noticed something ajeeb and wonder if its just my brain or if it is the same for others. Whenever I read salawat after Rasulullah (s.a.w.) (sallallahu alayhi wa sallem) is mentioned, I respond much quicker, fully, and peacefully (rather than rushing or having to fight not to skip) when it is written in a boxed way... ajeeb - it may be that it is harder for me to actually switch from left-to-right -- to -- right-to-left quicker than my eyes whereas I don't even read the full boxed version but know it, recognize it right away, know that it is properly written (eventhough I sometimes can't even read it) and say it without fail alhamdulillah. This does not happen with the English transliteration running left-to-right... nor when it is abbreviated - i.e. I still feel like I am rushing or fighting not to skip with the transliteration too.

Has anyone else noticed this? Perhaps it isn't a problem for those used to switching between left-to-right --and-- right-to-left text often enough. I don't know...

+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#523 [Permalink] Posted on 20th November 2013 01:06
abu mohammed wrote:
View original post

is there any special words in that article, I was not able to find when it search "second earth".
Sounds interesting, pls share/bump once u find it
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#524 [Permalink] Posted on 20th November 2013 06:30
Acacia wrote:
View original post

I guess it's good in a way sister and the mods have their own reasons for it being in place. But I don't like the rating system personally as it worries me about pride. But I guess that's one of my weaknesses out of the many I have.

I have been tempted to suggest though that the system should be scrapped, too many loopholes for shaytan, if the forum was busy and more rush, then each member would end up with his own cult. A lot more can be said on this but I guess the mods have their reasons, its good in a way too that one has to constantly keep his niyyah in check but maybe I just see things differently or I'm over thinking :p
+5 -0Like x 4
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#525 [Permalink] Posted on 20th November 2013 07:45
We have had this discussion about the rating system, and these thoughts were discussed, you've probably noticed myself and brother abu Mohammed, rate most of the posts, these are the intentions Inshaallah:

- to encourage members to post
- to let members know there contributions were appreciated
- instead of threads becoming long winded, by string of members responding to a post with single words like nice post, like this post, interesting...etc. the rating cuts out the extra posts of appreciation.
- to let members know that their post has been read, appreciated and to give them feedback on a post
- the numbers don't mean anything other then the members work has been worth reading, and should give members the encouragement to post more beneficial posts.
- it's helpful for members to rate each other to encourage posting of beneficial posts

Hope this helps :-)
+6 -0Like x 5Agree x 1

Jump to page: