Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open

/random

Jump to page:

You have contributed 1.5% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
abu mohammed, Desi tadka, Taalibah, Naqshband66, Acacia, member2, Black Turban, Sulaiman84
6 guests appreciate this topic.
Rank Image
Heavens Thunder is o
Brother
#16 [Permalink] Posted on 27th September 2013 03:13
Servant.Of.Allah wrote:
View original post

LOL!!
report post quote code quick quote reply
+1 -0Agree x 1
Rank Image
Heavens Thunder is o
Brother
#17 [Permalink] Posted on 1st October 2013 04:49
Yesterday had been to a wedding of one of our jama't saathis, mashaAllah, so simple - he is from a well to do family and is a software engineer and could have gone the whole distance, yet he was only in a kurta pajama + waistcoat, plus girda and imaama...!! People wear these for the Nikah ceremony but here it was for the valimah, mind you and listen, girdah + imamah !! He didn't cut the girdah for his wedding...

This is integrity - we can talk, give speeches but when it comes to walking the talk - many step back citing parental pressure, peer pressure and what not...

I swear, my love, respect and admiration for him increased many times over - may Allah SWT make him and his nasl and relatives etc His mehboob with complete aafiyatt. Aameen.
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#18 [Permalink] Posted on 1st October 2013 05:30
Desi tadka wrote:
View original post

Masha Allah,good karguzari.

Yesterday I went to my cousin's marriage, where they had video, umbrella photo shoot, banners outside, intermingling.
My dad and I was sitting together, Imam/Town Qazi was reading khutbah - while cameramen were clicking photos and shooting videos. I got so distured & wanted to speak with the Imam/Town Qazi regd this but my dad convinced me and said me to leave the matter and advised you cant change the world.
I went to do hug and wish my cousin on stage, before that I went to the camera men and requested them not to take photos/video of me. Finally food shortage was there & it became a big mess I heard. People dont understand the haraam of Shaitanic tools like photo/video/intermingling - this will eat more biryani(no barakah) and leave no biryani for public.

May Allah bless the couples to be steadfast in deen.
+1 -0
Rank Image
Heavens Thunder is o
Brother
#19 [Permalink] Posted on 1st October 2013 16:52

While I think it wouldn't be a good idea to talk to Imam saheb then and there - it'd still be good if you talk to him in private. Of-course we can't change the world as its not on our hands anyways - our job is to give targheeb, perhaps boycotting such events altogether is more preferable. If everyone thinks "we can't change the world" so lets just keep quiet and watch the show - the ummah will go the dogs and hasn't it gone already? This I feel is a waswasa. 

.........Anyways, this is quite interesting.

+4 -0Like x 4
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#20 [Permalink] Posted on 1st October 2013 16:58
Gandhi Jayanthi - Oct 2

Indians must not only observe national holiday on his birthday or use the currencies that contain his picture, but also follow his golden statements as below:

"I can not give you the reference of Ram Chandar or Krishna, because they were not historical figures. I can not help it but to present to you the names of (Hazrat) Abu Bakar (RA) and (Hazrat) Umar Farooq (RA). They were leaders of a vast Empire, yet they lived a life of austerity."

"...The best thing to happen to India would be to be reigned by a dictator as just and upright as Umar."

+5 -0Like x 3Winner x 2
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#21 [Permalink] Posted on 1st October 2013 17:20
Desi tadka wrote:
View original post

Not sure if its a waswasa. But Insha Allah, will take it up.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Heavens Thunder is o
Brother
#22 [Permalink] Posted on 1st October 2013 19:25
Servant.Of.Allah wrote:
View original post

Brilliant stuff..
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#23 [Permalink] Posted on 9th October 2013 11:42
Few days ago I was discussing with my mother about taking a govt job.
My mother said that most of the govt job involves bribes; hmmm... I thought for a while and said her that I must then join Anti-Bribe&Corruption department.
She said that to take job in that department, I have to bribe.
+3 -0Like x 1Creative x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#24 [Permalink] Posted on 9th October 2013 11:45
Servant.Of.Allah wrote:
View original post

That's very funny....I do hope you were joking...but knowing the way the world ticks today....sadly most likely to be true.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#25 [Permalink] Posted on 9th October 2013 12:09
Taalibah wrote:
View original post

hmmm, its a joke but also reality.
Hope everyone guessed the country that I live? So easy - no clue needed.
Here everything is bribe and goondas. We have to keep our aspiration aside to save me Eeman.
For Eg: To build a house you need Town planning approval, by default(even if you go by govt norms) its bribe. Same applies to all departments.
+1 -0Agree x 2
Rank Image
Heavens Thunder is o
Brother
#26 [Permalink] Posted on 9th October 2013 18:39

As salaam,

Alhamdulillah, just back from hosting Hafiz patel Saheb's grandson's who are in 1 year khurooj [navasa: daughter's son & potra: son's son - both are together in 1 year khurooj, 1 is a madrasah graduate other I don't know, didn't talk to] The one I talked to looked a little spaced out. May Allah subhanahu wa ta'ala grant strength to his mind.

Servant.Of.Allah wrote:
View original post

Its a circle. Top govt officers have openly asked me for money but at the same time they were sweet enough to explain to me that every seat in the govt from the peon and upwards has a price, do you know the cost of / or the money spent on just 1 MP to get elected is 10 Crores? One 2nd division officer with who I had work with said that his seat cost him 50 lacs and there's a timeframe that before he gets transferred to a non lucrative area - he has to get back that amount. 50 lacs is his investment.

But mind you, for Indian Muslims, corruption is also a kind of a blessing...I'll explain some other day. inshaAllah. 

And what about the common man, you think he doesn't benefit from it? How many enroachments, how many floors are allowed to be built and how much does he end up building? For ex: Even in a 30 by 40 Sq Ft of land, the law states that there should be a space of about 1 - 1.2 ft between your and your neighbor's house - how many follow this?

Its a circle.

+3 -0
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#27 [Permalink] Posted on 10th October 2013 02:46
I really, really dislike media that uses social media to spread their reports; never-mind that they play to certain interests but then when they disable comments so others can't fill in the rest... argh! People are not give the whole story! And I'm sure if it was a nobody who did it, their story would be yanked off-line! Not that I feel like I'm in a position to make comments personally, but for those who are (with proper knowledge) and they aren't given a chance... stories are very distorted :(

What makes my blood boil more is that people you'd think are Muslim are doing the reporting... perhaps they're hoping to show Islam in a different ('better' by their standards) light. I don't know... just sad, mad, frustrated all at once.

La hawla wala quwwata illa billah.
No post ratings
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#28 [Permalink] Posted on 11th October 2013 10:04

Just read about 4D Baby scanning when you are pregnant. Sounds awesome!

+0 -0Old x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#29 [Permalink] Posted on 11th October 2013 10:16
It's been out for quite a few years now, and yes it is awesome.
No post ratings
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#30 [Permalink] Posted on 11th October 2013 10:23

Taalibah wrote:
View original post

I didn't know about this just found out today as the cleaning lady in the office is talking about it to me. Sounds awesome.

No post ratings

Jump to page: