I think you heard about Maulana Tariq Jameel of the Tabligh Jamaat. He went to a Shiah Masjid and prayed there, ate food with them and took pictures with them. Then he invited them to the Tabligh Ijtima and some came. He says that they are not kaafir. He also says some negative things about the Sahaabah who were not of the Ahl-e-Bait. My Shaikhul Hadith (in Pakistan) is ready to issue the fatwa of kufr on Maulana Tariq Jameel. Please comment.
We do not know who this chap Tariq Jameel is. However, we have been hearing lately of his vile and haraam antics. If what you have attributed to this character is correct, then undoubtedly, he is a bedfellow of the kuffaar Shiahs. When your Shaikhul Hadith issues the necessary Fatwa, do forward a copy to us.
The Majlis, Vol 22 No 3, pg. 3
(Disclaimer: I'm a fan of Maulana Tariq Jameel sahib D. B. and I also don't like harsh style of Moulana A. S. Desai sahib D. B. I'm trying to see this "fatwa" from neutral perspective.)
We all are aware of the fact that a Mufti issues fatwa or opines on the basis of question asked.
This question contains following information, which I'm breaking into parts to understand Moulana A. S. Desai sahib's stance:
1. A man called Maulana Tariq Jameel, associated with the effort of Tableegh went to Shi'ite's Masjid.
Well, it doesn't seem Haraam.
2. Prayed there.
What? Did he pray with Jamaat behind Shi'ite Imam? Or did he himself lead Salah? Or prayed with his Sunni companions?
3. Ate food with them.
4. Took picture with them.
This is very problematic.
5. Invited them to the Tableegh Ijtima.
This is good and praiseworthy to call them towards Sunnah.
6. He says they are not Kaafir.
Whhhhaaaat???!!!! IF this is really his statement, then it's a great misdeed.
7. He also says some negative things about the Sahaabah who were not of the Ahl-e-Bait.
Negative things about the Sahabah Radiallaahu 'Anhum????!!!! IF this is true then he is definitely deviant.
8. The questioner's shaykh/teacher ("My Shaikhul Hadith (in Pakistan)") is ready to issue the fatwa of kufr on Maulana Tariq Jameel.
9. He requested to "comment".
The questioner isn't asking for "fatwa". He wants a "comment".
Comment of Moulana A. S. Desai sahib D. B.:
1. We do not know who this chap Tariq Jameel is.
This clearly indicates he has not heard about him yet. As many serious accusations have been associated to this unknown person, he deserves no honorary title like "Maulana". Plus we know that Moulana A. S. Desai sahib D. B. is a senior person. Therefore calling a person (who has reportedly done some severely harmful activities) "chap" isn't a big deal.
2. However, we have been hearing lately of his vile and haraam antics.
He didn't know this person "Tariq Jameel" and have recently come across such Haraam activities attributed to this person.
3. If what you have attributed to this character is correct, then undoubtedly, he is a bedfellow of the kuffaar Shiahs.
He is saying "IF".
4. When your Shaikhul Hadith issues the necessary Fatwa, do forward a copy to us.
He is searching for substantial proofs and fatwa himself. Otherwise he wouldn't express interest to get a copy of Shaykhul Hadith sahib's fatwa.
What I've understood: The questioner might be a mischievous person who is trying to get fatwa from Deobandi prominent 'Ulama by presenting partial and blurry statements from lectures/opinions of Moulana Tariq Jameel sahib D. B. to engage one against another. Barelwis carried out numerous such plots against Deobandi 'Ulama. We should be aware of them.