» I like Apple but consider moving
19%
2 members | 5 guests
» iPhones are the best
0%
0 members | 0 guests
Topic Appreciation
Appreciate
The following members appreciate this topic: member2, Yasin, abu mohammed, Taalibah, sweetmuslimahk1, Naqshband66, Ahmeduk
12 guests appreciate this topic.
abu mohammed
Rank Image
Longevity:
28%
#1711 [Permalink] Posted on 10th October 2014 11:59
IF your gadget is compatible with a high spec MicroSDcard and you are in the UK, this is a very decent price memory card. £20 for 64GB. I managed to get hold of one for £17+Vat but luckily I didn't have to pay the vat

Available at "Computer Exchange" online or in store (I would recommend going in store)

IMAG0093_1.jpg
Downloads: 94
    [293.30 kB]
report post quote code quick quote reply
Site Support
Please DONATE generously towards Muftisays

We spend hundreds of hours ensuring you receive a quality service from this site. We do not fall into the advertisement schemes as all the ads contain elements of Haraam including Haraam Islamic links. Please consider setting up a £1 monthly donation. May Allah (swt) reward you.

abu mohammed
Rank Image
Longevity:
28%
#1712 [Permalink] Posted on 11th October 2014 00:36
Google’s latest Street View images were captured by a camel

Oct 10th, 2014

Google’s come up with a few different rigs for capturing Street View images. Besides cars, they’ve mounted cameras on bikes and put the pedestrian-friendly Trekker on backpacks. Now they’ve put together their first Street View setup made to be used by an animal.

That solitary camel up above is wearing a customized Trekker, designed to fit nicely atop its hump and capture images of the Arabian desert. Specifically, the Liwa Oasis — a patch of land in the United Arab Emirates about 150km southwest of Abu Dhabi near the Saudi Arabian border.

You can take a virtual stroll through the region’s date farms and see just what it is about Liwa that has made it a thriving home to desert tribes for thousands of years… and a hot destination for modern-day tourists visiting the UAE as well. There’s actually a four-star hotel in the region (the Tilal Liwa) where weary travelers can rest, dine, take a jacuzzi, and ride in a caravan in full Arabian splendor.

Why shoot the images from a camel’s back? Google says their goal was to give folks at home “a glimpse of what it may be like to travel the desert as caravan merchants have for the past 3,000 years.” After flipping through the images they captured, it’s clear to see that managed to do it.

Google also says they didn’t want to disturb the environment just for the sake of capturing Street View images. What could possibly have left a smaller footprint on those desert sands than a camel?
No post ratings
abu mohammed
Rank Image
Longevity:
28%
#1713 [Permalink] Posted on 11th October 2014 13:37
HTC One M8 customized wallpaper for the dot view case. Here's one I tried on my mates case.

Screenshot_2014-10-09-21-54-14.png
Downloads: 92
    [323.32 kB]
abu mohammed
Rank Image
Longevity:
28%
#1714 [Permalink] Posted on 12th October 2014 13:08
HTC's BlinkFeed with customised MuftiSays.

Not sure how well this will work or how often it gets updated. I also have Haramain Twitter posts, and Haramain YouTube videos as part of the BlinkFeed, but they don't seem to update that often.

Opening a tweet takes me to the playstore to download Twitter, (I've disabled mine) and opening a blog post takes e straight to the blog page. I guess those who have tweeted their posts will show up on the BlinkFeed.

Screenshot_2014-10-12-13-01-53.png
Downloads: 34
    [1381.69 kB]
Screenshot_2014-10-12-13-07-37.png
Downloads: 89
    [375.20 kB]
Screenshot_2014-10-12-13-12-33.png
Downloads: 78
    [299.56 kB]
Like x 2
abu mohammed
Rank Image
Longevity:
28%
#1715 [Permalink] Posted on 12th October 2014 20:32
Once again, taken from the Makkah news thread.

400 million phone calls made during pilgrimage
Sunday 12 October 2014

This year’s Haj season heralded a new era of increased IT usage giving pilgrims a choice of many different kinds of telecommunication.

According to experts, Haj 2014 registered a bumper increase in phone calls with nearly 400 million mobile calls made from the holy sites to pilgrims’ families at home during the period Dul Hijjah 8 to 12 .

With a 98.82 percent connection success, the performance was remarkable considering the high density of users inside the limited geographical area.
Governor of Communications and Information Technology Commission Abudllah Darrab said that preparations for the pilgrimage season regarding the telecommunications and information technology sector were smoothly carried out.

He added that these preparations included plans to run communications networks and information technology, and plans to restore services in emergency situations under the supervision of the Communications and Information Technology Commission in coordination with the licensed telecommunications services and information technology providers.

The commission will verify the level and quality of provided services by visiting contact centers and customer care providers and directly view the systems and reports as well as obtaining performance-related information. Their work includes analyzing the data and finding the reasons behind any problem.

The commission will also direct companies according to regulations of the commission, in addition to conducting field assessments through one of its academic and research bodies within the commission’s program to cooperate with academic institutions to verify the performance of mobile networks and the service quality in a number of different sites in the Kingdom. The sites will include the the two holy cities and the holy sites during the last ten days of Ramadan and the Haj season.

He indicated that coverage was provided for all important installations at the holy sites.

Also, providing wireless Internet services such as the Wi-Fi technology has helped in improving the performance of data traffic in spite of the large increase in data usage. He added that the service providers deployed advanced networks to achieve the greatest possible continuity of service, increase its capacity and quality, and the use of virtual divider technology that can move traffic to other units if there was congestion or a breakdown in one unit.
abu mohammed
Rank Image
Longevity:
28%
#1716 [Permalink] Posted on 20th October 2014 17:04
An American man claims his new iPhone 6 “caught on fire”, burning through his jeans and injuring his leg in a "surreal" accident.
Phillip Lechter said he was visiting the University of Arizona with his family on 11 October when the rickshaw he was travelling in with his wife and seven-year-old son crashed.
According to an account written on his blog, the family were not thrown out of the cart but it rocked, bending Mr Lechter’s phone as he was slammed into the side.
“I felt a burning sensation on my leg and then saw and smelled smoke from my pants (trousers),” he wrote.
“I surveyed the rickshaw quickly and could not find anything that could have set me on fire.  Then it hit me, my phone was in my pocket.”
A passer-by threw a cup of water on Mr Lechter’s jeans to put out the fire, he said, and another man burned his fingers when he tried to pick up the phone that had been thrown to the ground.

To be updated....
Taalibah
Rank Image
Longevity:
81%
#1717 [Permalink] Posted on 20th October 2014 19:28
Moral of the story...don't try to pick up an iPhone that has just exploded, or you will burn yourself!
No post ratings
abu mohammed
Rank Image
Longevity:
28%
#1718 [Permalink] Posted on 21st October 2014 10:40
abu mohammed wrote:
View original post

iPhone 6 'catches on fire and burns man's leg after bending in pocket'
Continuation from above

In a video apparently taken soon after the incident, the iPhone can be heard sizzling as ice is poured on it.

On subsequent inspection, Mr Lechter found the iPhone, left smashed, blackened and warped, had burned through his jeans pocket and boxers.

It had left a second-degree burn four inches long on his leg that needed medical treatment and another on his hip from removing the phone.

“This was a surreal experience, and if it hadn’t happened to me I wouldn’t believe it myself,” he wrote.

The account comes after the “bend gate” controversy over the iPhone 6 Plus.

Shortly after its launch, some users started reporting that the new smartphones were being bent out of shape by being carried in their pockets.

Apple said that it only received nine complaints about iPhone 6 Plus phones bending after testing 15,000 smartphones.

The company has not responded to The Independent’s request for comment.

independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/news/
Taalibah
Rank Image
Longevity:
81%
#1719 [Permalink] Posted on 25th October 2014 10:35
Watch out for the Ebola email that could give your PC a nasty virus

Malware warning over emails that are supposedly from the World Health Organisation. Here’s an ironic thing – an email about a human virus that will give your PC a nasty infection if you click on its link.

To be more specific, it’s an email that is supposedly from the World Health Organisation and filled with Ebola information and prevention tips.

The sad truth is that clicking on links within it could lead to malware being installed on your computer.

That could lead to online baddies gaining access to your passwords, logging your key presses or even taking total control of your PC from their secret hideaway.

Not as serious as an actual bout of Ebola itself but pretty nasty all the same.

Warnings about the dodgy emails came from online security firm Trustwave SpiderLabs yesterday.

One email said: “The information and prevention listed in the attached file will help you and those around you stay safe.

“There is an outbreak of Ebola and other diseases around that you know nothing about. Download the World Health Organization file for more information on how to stay safe from Ebola and other preventable diseases. We care.”

Of course, the truth is that they don’t care – the senders of the email just want to worm their way into your computer and wreak havoc.

The good news is that SpiderLabs don’t believe it to be a widespread campaign… yet.

But it’s a timely reminder that we should always be suspicious of emails unless they’re from completely trusted sources, and that it pays to keep our security software bang up to date, so that we don’t end up with a dose of malware.
abu mohammed
Rank Image
Longevity:
28%
#1720 [Permalink] Posted on 27th October 2014 12:57
LG G3 Supposedly knocked the HTC One M8 off the Top Spot of 2014, but that was mere speculation and based upon pre release. Anyway, when the G3 eventually came out, it performed very well but failed on the torture tests and so on. However, still a great phone.

Then came along the iPhone 6 and 6 Plus. These two really put other handsets into great competition due to its size, but the iOS limitations are still there, so not able to deter loyalists :)

Then came the BlackBerry Passport. What huge phone that is. Well in the first week of launching, it it shook the ratings table and too most of the votes, or should I say that BB users now actually had something to vote for. In the first week it knocked the M8 off the top spot by a gigantic margin and in the second week, the ratings for the Passport dropped. However, the votes for the M8 were averaging 125 votes which then dropped to 63 and the Passport was rated at 200 votes, and now dropped down again.

It looks like HTC One M8 and iPhone 6/6+ fans have voted for the Passport and brought the ratings down for themselves. But it's still fresh and users are coming to their senses and changing their mind, finding the Passport a bit odd and strangely designed.

Having used all 3 handsets (including the Galaxy S5) I can only conclude the inevitable :) The M8 will remain on top!
Capture.PNG
Downloads: 45
    [134.12 kB]
abu mohammed
Rank Image
Longevity:
28%
#1721 [Permalink] Posted on 27th October 2014 13:35
Photo courtesy of Samsung Galaxy S5 (but not a worthy contender to compare screen size and quality)

We have here, the BlackBerry Passport, the HTC One M8 and the iPhone 6 plus.
a00250e6-8cf8-49c3-aeef-2480bebdc9c2.jpg
Downloads: 39
    [395.31 kB]
Like x 2
Taalibah
Rank Image
Longevity:
81%
#1722 [Permalink] Posted on 28th October 2014 00:14
HTC One Mini 2 gets a pink version in the UK

If you're interested in the HTC One Mini 2, but so far haven't found its color variations appealing, then this is for you.

Aside from the grey and gold hues which have been available for quite a while, over in the UK Carphone Warehouse has started selling the smartphone in pink too.

What's more, the pink version is exclusive to this particular retailer. It's unclear however whether this is a timed exclusivity deal which will expire at some point, or if it will last forever. Either way, if you want a pink HTC One Mini 2 right now, the only place to get it is Carphone Warehouse.
Creative x 1
Jinn
Rank Image
Longevity:
0%
#1723 [Permalink] Posted on 28th October 2014 11:54
The new Samsung Note 4 looks very impressive I must say, loads of good reviews on it.

Thoughts ?
No post ratings
abu mohammed
Rank Image
Longevity:
28%
#1724 [Permalink] Posted on 28th October 2014 12:12
abu mohammed
Rank Image
Longevity:
28%
#1725 [Permalink] Posted on 29th October 2014 09:38
'Terror' wi-fi signal leaves LA-London flight grounded
By Zoe Kleinman Technology reporter, BBC News

A wi-fi signal named "Al-Quida Free Terror Nettwork" (sic) has resulted in a long delay for passengers on a plane at Los Angeles airport.

A passenger alerted American Airlines cabin crew when his smartphone identified the network as one available nearby and police were notified.

After an investigation lasting several hours, police at the airport said no crime had been committed.

The flight from LA to London on Sunday was eventually rescheduled for Monday.

Many broadband subscribers re-name their home wi-fi network to personalise it.

When a device comes within range of the network, its name will appear on a list of potentially available wi-fi connections.

While some use their family name or the name of their house, others take a more satirical approach.

'Sometimes it's funny'

"It can be a kooky way of saying you support a local football team or you want to bait your neighbour who supports the opposing team," said Stuart Miles of tech review site Pocket Lint.

"Some people use it as advertising. It's an unwritten code of spreading a message that you're allowed to do - but obviously sometimes it's funny and sometimes it's not."

In a discussion about favourite wi-fi names on community site Reddit, users admitted to using titles like "FBI Surveillance Van", "ISIS HQ" and names that sounded like computer viruses to alarm passers-by.

The acronym LAN (Local Area Network) - the name given to a network linking a small group of computers in a home or business hub - has also been the subject of puns.

'Get off my LAN', 'the promised LAN' and 'WuTangLAN', a homage to US rappers Wu-Tang Clan, are popular choices.
Like x 1
Back to top Post New Topic

Jump to page: