Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
member2, Yasin, abu mohammed, Taalibah, sweetmuslimahk1, Naqshband66, Ahmeduk
12 guests appreciate this topic.
Rank Image
Qatar, Doha
Brother
#106 [Permalink] Posted on 12th May 2012 07:22
I agree with the iPhone issues (some of them) but the reality is, you can't appreciate the iPhone till you own one.

EveryOne including me use to hate it, but when I owned one, only and Only then did I appreciate it's full potential.

Sync issues - PARTIALLY CORRECT, no issues just long winded
ITunes - AS ABOVE
Bluetooth to other models. - I HAVE NEVER MISSED THE BLUETOOTH
Upgrade - NO ISSUES
Fwd sms (wasn't possible at one time) - INVALID AS THIS IS AVAILABLE
Copy and paste to memory -NEVER FELT THE NEED FOR THIS
Copy and paste from any pc -NEVER FELT THE NEED FOR THIS
Set any tone or sound as ring tone - THE BASIC RING RING IS ALL YOU EVER NEED, rest are haram, so this actually saves you from sinning LOL
Multi tasking is something new to iPhone - but it has it now....so invalid point
Data transfer - is possible, just need to get the correct app(dropbox and others.)
Copying nasheeds to the phone without iTunes - true but iTunes can still do this.
Copy from any pc like a memory stick - it's a phone not a data transfer device, also when are 'normal' people especially 'women' going to use it like that?
Copying images off the phone- WINDOWS EXPLORER IS NOW SUPPORTED SO JUST CONNECT VIA USB AND BROWSE
Rooting - once again, how many people will do this?
Hacking, not jailbreak - once again, how many people will do this?
Applanet is jailbreak for Android & its free ........
Uninstall the jailbreak in seconds ......
Unlocking the phone ......
Price - well what can I say? At least the iPhone don't lose £200 invalue the moment you've paid for it.... The iPhone keePs it value. I lost only £100 in 12 months... No other phone in the Market can boast about that.
etc
Etc.
report post quote code quick quote reply
+2 -0Like x 1Optimistic x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#107 [Permalink] Posted on 12th May 2012 10:16
rizmalek wrote:

Copy from any pc like a memory stick - it's a phone not a data transfer device, also when are 'normal' people especially 'women' going to use it like that?

AHEM! correction please,
"When are people going to use it like this?"
Or
"how many people are going to use it like this?"
Or even
"when is the average person going to use it like this?"

Fortunately being a woman doesn't make us any different.
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
London
Brother
#108 [Permalink] Posted on 12th May 2012 12:06
Jazakallahu-khair brother rizmalek.

InshaAllah an app will be coming tot he iPhone soon, just make dua it happens sooner rather than later.

Quote:
I agree with the iPhone issues (some of them) but the reality is, you can't appreciate the iPhone till you own one.

EveryOne including me use to hate it, but when I owned one, only and Only then did I appreciate it's full potential.

I used to say that too, but the difference is I came from iphone. So I speak from experience. You have also said that iPhone couldn't do certain things, but now it can. The question is why do iPhone release a phone then after a few months re release it with they know everyone needs.

Wrt the price, iPhone is over priced. All the other brands are cheaper offline, on contract, pay as you go etc etc.

Until you don't you don't use another brand that can do exactly the same plus more than the iPhone, you won't realise, like Maulana Yasin did.
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#109 [Permalink] Posted on 12th May 2012 12:46

This is how Apple make their changes and lure people in and get all the money in the world.

Why Apple? Why? If they want to make a difference, "Make" a difference that will be better in more than just a couple of ways. Stop ripping people off.

Difference Between iPhone 4 And iPhone 4S

One slight change in the design would be the placement of the buttons on the left spine. As seen in this picture comparison, the iPhone 4S’ mute button and the volume keys are raised just a little bit compared to the older model (GSM variant). It is quite a minute difference. However, protective cases that have these precise button openings for the iPhone 4 may not necessarily fit the newer version. For CDMA variants, some users have noted that their version of iPhone 4 cases will also likely fit the 4S.

Difference Between iPhone 4 And iPhone 4S

Aside from this negligible difference, the design of both phones are identical. Their speaker and microphone placements, camera (front and back) locations, are pretty much one and the same – so much so that you can mistake one for the other at first glance.

Difference Between The iPhone 4 And iPhone 4S

iPhone 4 vs iPhone 4S Hardware Specifications

While the two devices share many similarities, there are notable differences when it comes to hardware, as you can see below.

iPhone 4 vs iPhone 4S hardware

iPhone 4 vs iPhone 4S Software iOS 5 And Siri

Apple’s new iOS5 contains a horde of new features. The good news is that iPhone 4 owners shouldn’t feel left behind. With the exception of Siri, every feature on iOS5 such as the new Notifications available; apps like Newsstand, iMessage, Reminders; and additional camera options can also be found on the iPhone 4. The difference is that the iPhone 4S is noticeably snappier and faster, thanks to its new A5 chip.

No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#110 [Permalink] Posted on 12th May 2012 12:51

A COMPARISON BETWEEN THE TWO LEADING HANDSETS (Non of which I have)

The Results are given as 1st place and 2nd place.

Both HTC One X and iPhone 4S has almost the same thickness, this is a big step for HTC since the company has reputation of making thick devices. iPhone 4S is currently the top end of Apple's mobile phone which is set to be out 14 October 2011 - just which one is the better phone.? It’s the HTC One X vs iPhone 4S.

The Design

1st : HTC One X: 134mm x 70mm x 9.3mm, 130g

2nd : iPhone 4S : 115.2mm x 58.6 mm x 9.3mm, 140g

Both phones are fine looking and has almost the same thickness. The One X features a unibody design formed from rather cool polycarbonate (super-lightweight with the ruggedness of metal, according to HTC). Although HTC One X is bigger but the device is lighter and has the same thickness as iPhone 4S.

Display

1st :HTC One X: 4.7-inch, 1280 x 720 px, 312ppi, LCD touchscreen with IPS

2nd: iPhone 4S :3.5-inch, 960 x 640px, 326ppi, LCD with IPS

HTC One X has a 4.7-inch, IPS (no OLED) 720p HD screen (720 x 1,280 resolution) boasting a pixel density around the 312ppi mark while the iPhone 4S which clocks in around 329ppi

iPhone 4S is smaller than HTC One X and has less resolution and both phones uses LCD with IPS. iPhone 4S has a very good screen and also includes the usual fingerprint resistant oleophobic coating. The display marketed by Apple as ‘retina display’ has a contrast ratio of 800:1. The device comes with sensors such as an accelerometer sensor for auto-rotate, three-axis gyro sensor, a proximity sensor for auto turn-off and an ambient light sensor. This concludes that iPhone has better display.

The One X is better equipped when it comes to the technology behind it. Instead of regular IPS the 4.7-inch multi-touch screen, it uses Super IPS LCD2 which should offer brighter, clearer and sharper visual output than its opponent. The resolution and pixel density are the same as LG's and the device uses reinforced Gorilla Glass for a bit of extra durability.

Bringing things back down to earth, although the HTC is using more up-to-date display technology the difference between the two, if you look at them side-by-side is going to be negligible - they're both going to offer an extremely crisp viewing experience.

However the HTC has higher resolution at 1280 x 720 p while iPhone has only 960 x 640 px hence HTC One X wins

htc-one-x-600

Engine Room

1st: HTC One X: Snapdragon MSM8255 (1.5 GHz quad-core)

2nd: iPhone 4S : Apple A5 (1GHz dual-core)

iPhone 4S is powered with VR SGX543MP2 working the magic in the Apple A5 (it is a 1 GHz dual-core ARM Cortex-A9 processor) seems to out-bench the Mali by quite some distance.

The One X clocked with 1.5GHz quad-core Tegra 3 processor (four processor and the fifth core deals with battery) with 1GB RAM . With four processors makes the phone so fast even when moving between screens happens as fast as your fingers can make it, while the phone ran at speed with several applications open at once.

Nvidia Tegra 3 is actually sporting five cores we could call this Quin-core, what will truly make the Tegra 3 special isn’t just that it will be the first quad-core mobile processor, but it has a 5th “companion core” that will handle all the tasks when the others aren’t needed.

The device less than a second to opening intensive apps such as booting up the camera. HTC has redesigned the widgets, their more user-friendly and cleaner, and really easy to rearrange, you only need to press and hold on an empty part of the homescreen and a display management screen will appear.

Camera

Tie : iPhone 4S : 8MP rear, VGA (0.9MP) front, 1080p video capture

Tie: HTC One X: 8MP rear, 1.3MP front, 1080p video recording, LED flashes

Both phones's camera has coupled with LED flash. iPhone's camera comes with useful features such as autofocus, tap to focus, face detection on still images and geo tagging. The aperture in the lens of camera in iPhone 4S has been increased allowing more light to come in however, harmful IR rays is filtered away. The front facing camera is a VGA camera and it’s tightly coupled with FaceTime; the video conferencingapplication on iPhone

On the other hand the HTC One X has a 8MP camera with flash just ike iPhone 4S, 1.3-megapixel front facing camera for 720p video chats, which has an updated lens (at f2.0, which HTC hopes will revolutionise your low-light photography) and a smart flash.

There is two buttons on the camera interface, one allow you to go directly to video and another let you take a still capture and you can now also snap photos while recording video. The HTC features the new Sense 4 overlay including HTC ImageSense, a new suite of camera features including improvements in shutter speed. LG has also added its own skin.

The One X features a camera that truly takes advantage of the possibilities a quad-core processor can offer. This means snapping stills while simultaneously shooting 1080p video or taking and piecing together panoramic shots very quickly.

HTC has lavished a lot of attention on its camera capabilities this time round and a good chunk of this comes from its HTC Sense 4.0 interface and primary camera clocks in at 8-megapixels with a 3264x2448 pixel resolution and BSI sensor, just like its opponent.

The device allows simultaneous capture of both video and still images in HD, which is a nice touch. Other features allows you to snap as many still images as you like by holding the capture button down, and with a shutter speed of 0.7 seconds that means you can get a huge number of shots rapidly before choosing the pick of the bunch.

Aditional features include an HDR capture mode, which rivals that on the iPhone 4S, as well as autofocus, an LED flash, geo-tagging and face and smile detection. HTC has gone the extra mile with a much more comprehensive suite of genuinely usefuly features.

Connectivity

1st: HTC One X: Wi-Fi, BT 3.0, DLNA, Wi-Fi tethering

2nd: iPhone 4S : 3G, GPS, BT, Wi-Fi, HSPA [Update]

Both phones have got the basics connectivity. Although iPhone 4S has 4G which might not be a big deal in the UK that there’s no 4G radio but in other countries where both infrastructures exist, that could be quite a let down. HTC One X has a microUSB slot and 3.5mm headphonejack, and pogopins for docking.

Software

1st: HTC One X : Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich plus HTC Sense

2nd: iPhone 4S : iOS 5 + Siri

OS offers more apps (most of them you have to pay for) and greater ease of use. Android tempts with more flexibility and greater customisation potential.

iPhone 4S is loaded with iOS 5 and usual applications one can find on an iPhone, such as FaceTime. The newest addition to the uniquely designed applications on iPhone is ‘Siri’; a voiceassistant which can understand certain keywords we speak and virtually do everything on the device.

‘Siri’ is capable of scheduling meetings, checking weather, setting timer, sending & reading messages and etc. While voice search and voice command assisted applications were available in the market ‘Siri’ is quite a unique approach and sounds more user-friendly. iPhone 4S comes with iCloud as well, enabling users to manage content across multiple devices. iCloud wirelessly pushes files across multiple devices managed together.

HTC One X running the latest Andoid Ice Cream Sandwich and gets the benefit of HTC Sense UI 4.0 which is known for its neat integration of your contacts and their details, as well as an excellent graphical look and feel. Futhermore the HTC One X also comes with the Beats by Dr Dre audio circuitry inside to improve the quality of your digital music. HTC’s Sense has been brilliant so far, only gets better in its 4.0 form

Battery

1st: iPhone 4S: 1420mAh (only 1st because HTC has a bigger better screen and is Quad core)

2nd: HTC One X : 1800mAh (Battery life is better, but due to Apples lower spec, the battery will last a little bit longer)

The battery for the iPhone 4S is 1420mAh in capacity while HTC One X is 1800mAh. Worryingly, the One X is only slightly larger than the 4S battery but adds another two cores to its processor and more than an inch of display. This could mean a drastically reduced life between charges for the phone.

Storage

1st: iPhone 4S : 16/32/64GB

2nd : HTC One X: 32GB

HTC One X comes with only one option 32GB of internal memory as well as 25GB Dropbox storage free for two years as the company has partnered with Dropbox. While it's a nice touch, it's ultimately only going to be useful for storing specific files such as pictures, music and video rather than offering memory the phone can use for apps and the like.

However to access that 25GB you will need internet connection which is a downside here. HTC has 32GB storage plus the whopping 25GB of Dropbox access impressive. Both phone dows not come with microSD, so if you are abroad a lot or don’t want to use lots of data, its Dropbox deal might not seem so sweet.

Both phones does not come with a microSD card expansion which is the same as iPhone 4S, while iPhone 4S comes with option of 16/32/64.

No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#111 [Permalink] Posted on 12th May 2012 13:34
After all my comments and comparisons I gave come to the conclusion that this is (for me) the winner.

Nokia-8310.jpg
Downloads: 191
    [15.05 kB] The winner. it does what it should and more.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#112 [Permalink] Posted on 12th May 2012 15:14
Would you know the price difference?
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#113 [Permalink] Posted on 12th May 2012 15:15
Both handsets at 32gb
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#114 [Permalink] Posted on 12th May 2012 15:30
Sorry, I resign.

But from computer exchange, the one x is £430
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#115 [Permalink] Posted on 12th May 2012 17:10
No problem, jazakallah for all your advice, very pleased with the HTC desire s.
+1 -1Dislike x 1
#116 [Permalink] Posted on 12th May 2012 18:57
Salams
What I don't get is why the older models like HTC sensation xe haven't come down in price after the One series launched. I wanted to trade in my wife's HTC Desire for a newer handset. Btw vodafone have a hundred pound Huawei handset which looks really good.

Ahmed
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#117 [Permalink] Posted on 12th May 2012 19:19
Looked up this handset when it was mentioned on one of the posts it was very impressive, to be honest, never heard of it until then. Masha.Allah there's loads of different models and makes, each to suit the taste of every individuals taste and preference.
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#118 [Permalink] Posted on 12th May 2012 19:48
IPhone 4GS 32gb off line from CPWH £599.

HTC One X same spec same place £480.

The guy at CPWH said if you buy the iPhone, it will lock to the first sim card you put in, then your stuck. Whereas the HTC can have any sim any time.

Personally, they are both restricted. They both use micro Sims.

The cheaper smaller models are better and a lot cheaper. Which ever brand you go for, it should do what every other basic phone can do and should not restrict you to one method. There should be flexibility.

The wife has taken the HTC XL, Also a former iPhone user and reckons the iPhone has no chance. She can be very technical sometimes.

She's handed down the desire HD, not restricted at all. Can do everything the iPhone can do plus more. You can upgrade the micro sd, without buying a new phone.

But in the end I still prefer my Desire S. Perfect size, does what iPhone does plus with ease.

The Huawei is much better because it will do what the rivals will do with more flexibility.

Hope that helps.

Sorry, been trying to post since this afternoon, but being out side, the ip is coming up as spam. (so I've typed it up as an email and waited to get to a better area)

Sent from my HTC
+0 -1Dislike x 1
Rank Image
London
Brother
#119 [Permalink] Posted on 13th May 2012 00:23
Does anyone know if the Huawei will have a built in WiFi router like the HTC handsets. The HTC handsets have an advantage of turning the phone into a router so others can use the internet through WiFi via the HTC. This is very handy if you have someone on unlimited data. We use this facility for the kids. I we are out and the kids want to use the internet on the laptop or on their own phone, we simply setup a password on our handset and they can then browse or download apps on the move. Very very handy feature.

Not sure if anyone else does that.

Genuine query! Can someone tell me if iPhone or Samsung or even Sony Ericsson or Nokia have this.

Jazakallahu-khair.
No post ratings
UK
Brother
#120 [Permalink] Posted on 13th May 2012 01:12
Someone told me today that there's more info on this thread about android vs iphone than on phone websites where they just swear and fight that their phone is better like school playground. I personally took part so others make a good choice like I did, eventually.
+1 -0Agree x 1

Jump to page: