» They are not that good at all
0%
0 members | 0 guests
» I dont understand jokes
0%
0 members | 0 guests
Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
Taqwah, sweetmuslimahk1, umm-e-abdullah, the_muslimah, rizmalek, sister-in-islam, muslimah101, member2, ummi taalib, abu mohammed, Seifeddine-M, Yasin, Black Turban, Arslan., Abdullah1, abuzayd2k
10 guests appreciate this topic.
Rank Image
London
Brother
#16 [Permalink] Posted on 17th November 2010 15:59
Jahiz relates that once I asked a teacher "Why do you hit the kids without reason?" He replid, "I hit them for a very good reason and that is they pray for that I go for Hajj. When I go for Hajj they will elave and and go to another mosque. Do you think I'm a fool who would go to Hajj and lose my students?"

report post quote code quick quote reply
+2 -0Like x 2
Rank Image
London
Brother
#17 [Permalink] Posted on 19th November 2010 14:00
A teacher hit his student withouth any reason. When he was questioned why he had done that, he replied, "I hit him advance before he made a mistake, so that way he does not make a mistake".
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
London
Brother
#18 [Permalink] Posted on 21st November 2010 14:12
Jahiz writes that a woman told a teacher of her disobediant son and demanded that her son was disciplined by lessons of fear. The teacher had a very long beard. He placed the beard in his mouth, shook his head and began to scream loudly. This extremely scared the mother. Frightened, she remarked, "I told you to scare my child not me". He replied, "You fool, when the punishment of Allah comes, then the good and bad are all destroyed".

+2 -0Like x 2
Rank Image
London
Brother
#19 [Permalink] Posted on 24th November 2010 22:07
Jahiz relates, 2 students came to a teacher firmly holding one another. One of the students made and accusation "He bit my ear". The other one answered, "He bit it himself". The teacher intervened, Oh you, do you think he is a camel that he'd bit his own ear".

+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
London
Brother
#20 [Permalink] Posted on 27th November 2010 12:41
A man passed by a teacher who was being beaten and his beard pulled by his students. The man wanted to help him but he refused and ordered him to allow the students to do as they please. He said "I had challenged them, if I come first to the mosque, then I will beat them, and if they come first they will beat me. Unfortunatley, today I over slept and was late. Tomorrow, I will come here from midnight and watch how I treat them". One of the students responded, "I am going to stay here tonight and watch the way I beat you when you come at midnight"
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
London
Brother
#21 [Permalink] Posted on 1st December 2010 19:03
A man went out to buy a donkey from the market. He met his friend on the way who asked him, "Where are you going?" He replied "To buy a donkey". His friend told him to say InshaAllah. So the man replied, "This is no place to say InshaAllah, my money is in my pocket and the donkey is available at the market". When he reached the market, a thief took off with his money and thus the man returned with a miserable look on his face. His friend asked "What is the matter?" He replied "My money has been stolen InshaAllah." His friend remarked, "This is not the place to say InshaAllah."

+3 -0Like x 3
Rank Image
London
Brother
#22 [Permalink] Posted on 10th December 2010 10:10
After the Jum'ah salah, the Imam of a Masjid stands up and makes an announcement. He said, "As-salamu-alaikum brothers and sisters. I hope all of you are doing well. Now, I have a good and a bad news for you. Which one would you like to hear first ?" People replied, "The good one". The Imam said, "ok. The good news is, we have all the money that we needed to build the new mosque". Then the people asked, "what's the bad news?" The Imam answered, "The bad news is, the money is still sitting in your pockets!"

+3 -0Like x 3
Rank Image
London
Brother
#23 [Permalink] Posted on 11th December 2010 14:56

A man married a woman who was short in size. The people questioned, "what have you done? So he replied "A woman is evil, the less the evil the better"

+6 -0Like x 6
Rank Image
London
Brother
#24 [Permalink] Posted on 13th December 2010 14:29
Abu Nawas asked the Khatib (writer) who used to write in the shop af Abu Dawud, "Are you bigger or is your brother?" He replied "When Ramadhan arrives we become equal". Once some of his Dirhams were stolen, it was said to him, "They will be in your balance (meaning in the day of judgement)". He replied, "It was from the balance they were stolen (refering to the balance of the shop)."
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
London
Brother
#25 [Permalink] Posted on 14th December 2010 18:36
Abu Hussain expalins, that a man went to visit a sick man and began to offer him condolences to his relations who were at the Scene. They argued, "He's not dead yet". He replied, "InshaAllah he will die."

+2 -0Like x 2
Rank Image
London
Brother
#26 [Permalink] Posted on 15th December 2010 12:19
Tahir Zohiree relates, that a man would remain silent in the gatherings of Abu Yusuf.

"Do you not speak?" Imam Abu Yusuf asked. He replied in the affirmative and then asked, "When does one open the fast?" Imam Abu Yusuf replied, "As soon as the sun sets". The man asked "But what if the sun does not set until midnight, what should be done?" Imam Abu Yusuf smiledand commented "you were right to remain Silent."

+2 -0Like x 2
Rank Image
London
Brother
#27 [Permalink] Posted on 18th December 2010 14:49
An old man from Rai came to Imam Hatib and asked "Are you the one that relates that the Prophet (SAW) has ordered the recitation of Surah Fatiha behind the Imam." Imam Hatib replied, "Yes there is a Hadith with reference to this matter". The old man argued "You are a liar, because Sura Fatiha was not revealed at the time of the Prophet (SAW), it was revealed at the time of Umar (RA)."
+2 -0Like x 2
Rank Image
London
Brother
#28 [Permalink] Posted on 20th December 2010 08:29
Bahlool, in his inocence, was on the opposite end of the scale of worldly-smartness. Khalifa Haroon ur Rashid had given Bahlool access to his court probably because his naiveté was a source of entertainment to him. Once the Khalifa gave him a walking stick saying, "It is meant for the most foolish person in the world. If you find a person more deserving of it than yourself, pass it on." Several years later Haroon ur Rashid fell seriously ill and no medical treatment seemed to work. Bahlool visited him and inquired about his condition. The conversation went something like this:

Haroon: "No treatment is working. I see my final journey ahead of me."

Bahlool: "Where are you going?"

Haroon: "I am going to the Other World."

Bahlool: "How long will you stay there? When will you come back?"

Haroon: "No one ever comes back from that world."

Bahlool: "Then you must have made especial preparations for this journey. Did you send an advance group to take care of you once you arrive?

Haroon: "Bahlool, you have to go there alone. And no I did not make any preparations."

Bahlool: "Ameer-ul-Momineen! You used to send troops to make extensive preparations for you for even short trips of only a few days. Now you are going to a place where you'll live forever but you have made no preparations! I think I have found the person more deserving of the stick that you had given me some years ago."

This story speaks to all of us. How many of us concern ourselves with preparing for the hereafter? Making it the cornerstone of our lives?

This world is an abode of deception. Here we are not punished the moment we commit a sin. This fools us into thinking that we can get away with it. Remembering death is the antidote for that deception. A person who remembers that he will have to stand before his Creator and be accountable for his actions simply cannot defy Allah!

In the story of Pharaoh, we learn that when he saw death approaching he declared belief in the God of Musa. Before that he had been fooled by his apparent power. His repentance came too late but it did show how his arrogance and intransigence evaporated when faced with the certainty of death.

It is amazing how a lot of our own "confusions", frivolous arguments, excuses (for why we cannot do this or avoid that), or plane laziness can melt away when we visualize ourselves in our grave! Death settles lot of arguments. Its remembrance can do that too.
Before it is too late.

+2 -0Like x 2
Rank Image
London
Brother
#29 [Permalink] Posted on 20th December 2010 15:53
Usman bin Umar relates, that a man was in his final moments. His wife was instructed to go and sit next to him and talk to him. She replied, "If I sit next to him, I fear the angel of Death may recognize me."
+3 -0Like x 3
Rank Image
London
Brother
#30 [Permalink] Posted on 22nd December 2010 19:10
Dharani relates that Talikhani was questioned "What do you say regarding a dead mouse if it walks over something. Will that thing become impue." He replied "No."
+1 -0Like x 1

Jump to page: