You have contributed 0.0% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
Moonlight, Eliza Zegham, abuzayd2k, sharjan8643
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#136 [Permalink] Posted on 31st March 2020 23:01
Is it established that the virus only survives for this number of days?
report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#137 [Permalink] Posted on 31st March 2020 23:15

Concerned wrote:
View original post

www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMc2004973

No, the exact time is in-determinant at this time but 72 hours is a good enough number. It can be detectable much later but doesn't mean that it can infect.

But I am not sure about the accuracy and details of this news anyway, sounds like "Masala" news. You can detect RNA but doesn't mean that it can actually infect etc etc etc

If COVID-19 retains the ability to infect from a surface while laying dormant after 72 hours then we are in big trouble! That is some mean and nasty virus when we know that COVID-19 isn't a particularly mean, nasty mutating virus.

You can detect RNA for a lot longer but it is just the RNA and by that time, COVID-19 has lost its spike!

+1 -0
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#138 [Permalink] Posted on 31st March 2020 23:28
abu mohammed wrote:
View original post

Do you mean the pumps were limited to £30 per customer?
+0 -0Agree x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#139 [Permalink] Posted on 31st March 2020 23:31
abu mohammed wrote:
View original post

If I've understood right, it seems that the pumps were limited to 30 litres per transaction/customer.
+0 -0Agree x 1
Rank Image
London
Brother
#140 [Permalink] Posted on 31st March 2020 23:40
xs11ax wrote:
View original post

That's what I found.

I know my wife's car can take in more than £30 petrol. When she comes home from work, I normally take her car to fill up if she's running late so I know how much on average she needs. Also saves her from going early in the morning to fill up the tank.

I was filling the tank and it clicked so early to say it was full. So I kept trying.

Then I looked at the other pumps around me and they all stopped at approx £30. I kept filling up in pennies until I got to £34.

I asked a lady in the pump behind me and she said hers had stopped at £30 too.

She told me to reverse to the next pump and fill up again, but I thought it wasn't the right thing to do. They've restricted it for a reason.

Other filing stations were still at £1.14
+1 -0
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#141 [Permalink] Posted on 1st April 2020 00:18
abu mohammed wrote:
View original post

Anyone know of the current oil situation? Is there a limit on production. Difficulty in getting it to the pumps?
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#142 [Permalink] Posted on 1st April 2020 00:37
Not sure about limits set at the pumps but I found this from an article dated 23rd March.

No mention of productivity.

The Express wrote:
Morrisons reduces fuel pump prices by a dramatic 12p per litre to start supermarket price
UK FUEL supermarkets could be set for a dramatic coronavirus price war as Morrisons becomes the first retailer to dramatically axe fuel prices.

Mon, Mar 23, 2020

Asda and Morrisons was mentioned in the article regarding reduced prices.
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#143 [Permalink] Posted on 1st April 2020 00:44
Also found this.
Looks like some stations are selling for less than £1. :(

Press and Journal

Petrol stations ‘will have to close due to impact of Covid-19’

Press Association 00:04

Some petrol stations have slashed prices (Lewis Whyld/PA)

Many petrol stations will be forced to close due to a lack of sales and their businesses becoming unprofitable, a trade association has warned.

The Petrol Retailers Association (PRA) stated that sites in rural areas where fuel use has collapsed the most are particularly vulnerable.

The organisation said in a statement: “Many petrol stations will have to close in the coming weeks, as sales of fuel dry up and their businesses become unviable.”

The PRA, which represents independent fuel retailers who account for 70% of UK forecourts, advised motorists to check their petrol station is still open before going to fill up.

A filling station in Birmingham
Petrol stations are under threat (Jacob King/PA)

It will attempt to keep a “strategic network of petrol stations” open across the country.

PRA chairman Brian Madderson said: “To help freight move and help key workers travel safely and independently through this period of crisis, petrol filling stations must remain open but this is proving to be a challenge.

“Fuel retailers are having to maintain pump prices at previous levels to avoid suffering significant stock losses.”

The PRA cited figures published by the Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS) over the weekend which it said show that three out of five petrol stations have full storage tanks.

It noted that independent retailers would have bought this fuel days or weeks earlier at much higher wholesale prices than those available today.

The trade body also said fuel consumption has fallen by more than 70% due to the pandemic.

Fuel prices have had their biggest weekly fall since current records began in June 2003.

The average price of a litre of petrol fell by 8p to £1.12 in the seven days to Monday, while diesel prices dropped 4p to £1.19.

Some retailers are now pricing their petrol at less than £1 per litre.

The reduction has been driven by oil prices plunging in the past few weeks since Covid-19 took hold across Europe.

They were also heavily dented when Saudi Arabia, which produces around 10% of the world’s oil, decided to slash prices and ramp up production in a trade war with Russia.

On Monday oil prices fell to an 18-year low after the Saudis revealed plans to increase oil exports to 10.6 million barrels a day from May, a 6% increase.

The number of motorists who can take advantage of cheaper fuel is limited though, as the Government has ordered people to only go outside for food, health reasons or to commute if they cannot work from home.

A BEIS spokesman said: “The Government has robust contingency plans in place to ensure that fuel continues to be available to the public.

“Forecourt closures have so far been extremely limited but we are keeping the situation under close review and continue to engage with industry to monitor stock levels at forecourts across the UK.”

www.pressandjournal.co.uk/business/uk-and-abroad/2115589/...
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#144 [Permalink] Posted on 2nd April 2020 22:15
+1 -0
Rank Image
London
Brother
#145 [Permalink] Posted on 3rd April 2020 10:49
I was sent a video of a rant and in it the guy mentioned two patents.

I Googled one of them and found some interesting conspiracies.

US2006257852

Of course the results lead to sites that say its fake, but the content is scary.

Here's one of those sites factcheck.afp.com/false-claims-patents-fuel-novel-coronav...

Then I started to think about how they could predict how many will die!

America is saying their "Goal" was 100,000 - 240,000 deaths if care wasn't taken otherwise the numbers would be above 1.5m

So, how could they know that only 100,000 will die in the next couple of weeks?

Is it because they know how many people were vaccinated with a particular jab a decade or two ago? Are they making an assumption based on the possibility that some of them have already died?

Will they produce a vaccine or antidote that everyone must take to get back to normal life, every school kid must take it to be resubmitted in school. Then come 50 years time, a chemical is released and all those injected will die in another pandemic?

Scary thoughts but I would rather believe that this is punishment for being so relaxed on things like LGBT!
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#146 [Permalink] Posted on 3rd April 2020 13:42
abu mohammed wrote:
View original post

Salaam

When it comes to conspiracy theories I believe there are 2 very important factors that we have to consider.

1. Motive, aims, objective.
2. The number of people required to pull it off.

1 is easily established. Population control. Global lockdown. New world order. Social control. Etc.

2 would be virtually impossible. If the virus was a conspiracy then hundreds of thousands of medical professionals and scientists would have to be in on it. How would that be achieved?
+0 -0Agree x 2Disagree x 1
Rank Image
London
Brother
#147 [Permalink] Posted on 3rd April 2020 14:42
xs11ax wrote:
View original post

Bearing in mind this thread is not about reality per say but....

Imagine they create a vaccine and test it on mice and monkeys and it works wonders for them. Never tested on humans.

Then they release a toxin in the air and the combination takes effect.

So a handful of morons in the Who saw that the world's population is growing and the cost of health is increasing rapidly.

They (a few people) concoct a vaccine that does work initially but then mutates when mixed up with other particles in the air.

They inject masses with this dose and the thousands of doctors who approve its findings do so on the reports written by a few with evidence from monkeys and mice, a common form of practice.

During these experiments, they introduce chlorinated chicken ;) together with added chemicals in drinking water and fresh milk.

People who understood that normal drinking water was filled with chemicals, start buying bottled water, even better for the project and economy as a result.

Price wars begin on the daily essentials, more and more chemicals are introduced and the requirements of WHO and the UN.

Sad to say, but until people like world leaders of the first world countries don't start dropping dead, every claim will just seem like a conspiracy.

So you don't need masses of people to be in on it.

You need one person to vouch for his findings and the whole world falls for the shambles! EG, our predicament of the monsighting!!!! :)
No post ratings
Rank Image
Eraf
Brother
#148 [Permalink] Posted on 3rd April 2020 15:14
abu mohammed wrote:
View original post

A fertile imagination mashallah.
Blocked from replying in this thread.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#149 [Permalink] Posted on 3rd April 2020 17:01
abuzayd2k wrote:
View original post

Meaning if he can come up with something like that, then so can some others. There are billions of people on the planet, who knows how many are as twisted as that idea suggests?
+0 -0Agree x 2
Rank Image
USA
Brother
#150 [Permalink] Posted on 3rd April 2020 22:41
I think my president might be allergic to the truth....

Edit: Sorry, seems totally random. It was my reaction to watching today's televised Corona Virus briefing. He's really something else...
+1 -0Agree x 1Creative x 1

Jump to page: