Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open

Hajj

You have contributed 66.7% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
no members yet
1 guest appreciates this topic.
#1 [Permalink] Posted on 27th December 2006 12:45
Does anybody knoe if there is such a concept as Akbari Hajj as the day of Arafat falls on a Friday this year?
report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Unspecified
#2 [Permalink] Posted on 27th December 2006 13:18
HAJJ-E-AKBAR???
By Mufti Muhammad Taqi Uthmaan
i

Question: It is generally presumed that the Hajj performed on a Friday is called "Haj-e-Akbar" and that it is a more meritorious Hajj as compared to the Hajj performed on any other day of the week. What is the correct meaning of "Haj-e-Akbar" and it's status in terms of the Shariah?

Answer: The term used in the Glorious Quraan "Al Hajjul-Akbar" does not mean a Hajj performed on a Friday, as is generally alleged by the people. The Qur'aan has used this term for the Hajj performed by the Muslims under the supervision of Sayyidina Abu Bakr (radhiallaahu-anhu) in the year 9 A.H., one year prior to the last Hajj of Nabi (sallallaahu-alayhi-wasallam). This Hajjul-Akbar (in 9A.H.) was not even performed on a Friday, yet the Quraan refers to it as "Al Hajjul-Akbar". It is therefore evident from the above that this term has no relevance to the Hajj performed on a Friday.

The correct meaning of the term, as explained by a large number of the commentators of the Glorious Qur'aan is that, the UMRAH was generally called "Al Hajjul-Asghar" (the minor Hajj). In order to distinguish Umrah from Hajj, the latter (i.e. HAJJ) was named "Al Hajjul Akbar" (the greater Hajj). Therefore, every Hajj is a "Al Hajjul-Akbar" whether it is performed on a Friday or on other day.

Source: www.jamiat.org.za/hajj/40Salah-HajAkbar.htm

No post ratings
#3 [Permalink] Posted on 24th September 2014 14:43
ASSALAMUALAIKUM,
PLEASE REFER ME AS ABOUT THE HAJJ-E- AKBER,
THE DAY OF EID IS ON FRIDAY ? OR THE DAY BEFEORE EID IS ON FRIDAY IS ?

HOPE I"LL GET THE REPLY AS SOON AS POSSIBLE
No post ratings

Quick Reply

CAPTCHA - As you are a guest, you are required to answer the following:

In the above image: What letters are in the word in blue?